Education in most countries vs in the United States...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Education in most countries vs in the United States...

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Slick wrote:Another issue is that U.S. college grads can't find jobs or stuck mopping floors for minimum wage. Especially when employers require 3 to 5 years of work experience, just for jobs that any college grad could do. This is the really big reason why I want to get out of the U.S. There isn't much legal economic opportunity so you're gonna have to move abroad. Even Canada and Australia economies are more stable and offers more "legal" economic opportunity. I have yet to seen the U.S. economy remain stable for more than ten years without any crashes or recessions.
Slick you are right. But what is even worse is that many of those same graduates are also on the hook for ten's of thousands of STUDENT LOAN DEBT. Even owing over $100,000 or more in some cases!!!! As a matter of fact Slick student loan debt in America has now surpass credit card debt ( which is over $1 trillion). Not to mention, student loan debt is the only type of debt in America that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy. Slick I have read stories of some recent graduates loaded down in heavy
college debt look to EXPATRIATION or LEAVING THE U.S. to escape from their predicament. If you're interested here's the link:

"DEBT DODGERS: MEET THE WHO MOVED TO EUROPE AND WENT AWOL ON THEIR STUDENT LOANS"
http://www.vice.com/read/talking-to-ame ... -loans-111
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

This isn't even a question for debate, sure Americans may want to argue they are the most educated blah blah.

But according to facts (even done by your own county) most other developed nations are far ahead of the USA in education rates and even general knowledge.

So it isn't really up for debate at all, once you can match these other countries like Germany, NZ, Japan, HK, SK, UK, Sweden etc in education rates. Then you can make it arguable. Until then it's simply a closed case.

Reading, science and maths. Top countries are Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Macau, HK, Finland, Korea, Germany etc.

United states is way down the list, under most western countries. Australia, UK and NZ are all above USA.

Everyone around the world knows that the US education is pretty bad.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

1st of all, there is already a section for this kind of topic. But multiple surveys have already been conducted that the US is near the bottom among most categories. I'm sure people agree that the american school system is like a prison. 5 days per week, 7 hours each day. For what? Why are we in school for that long? Once you reach 7th grad, they teach mostly rubbish. Things you already know and things you'll never use. Everything you will ever need pretty much ends after 5th grade. Problem is they don't teach a damn thing about history (true unedited history). Thanks to the teachers union, we're cursed with horrible teachers that are virtually immune to termination. The colleges and universities are taught by leftist/marxist professors. If you don't have a mind of your own, you come out worse than you went in. Many professors will give failing grades to those whom they don't agree with (regardless of what that person says is true). It never happen to me, thank goodness. I guess I'm old school. I told one professor in particular that I was about 5% italian but 100% Sicilian (his eyes opened wide as saucers). I mostly stuck with my field (anatomy, exercise science and nutrition). Other than that, I'm pretty much self educated. I learned more in 2 months on my own than I did in 9 years in school! I would say 12 years, but I honestly did have some good teachers who cared. Schools today are much worse than yesteryear. They don't teach pure history, constitution, bill of rights, declaration of independence, states rights, federal/local gov and how they are SUPPOSE to work, the (true) history of the democratic party and republican party, true documentaries of every executive branch in our history, etc. They don't teach a damn thing except how girls are better than boys. English class isn't even english (I already speak english. Why am I here). Now they're talking common core (a nightmare). The american school system desperately needs some serious penicillian.