Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

USA a land of opportunity- think again with this article

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Moretorque » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:58 pm

ElReyBoludo wrote:The US would be better off if it did import its food. Other countries ban the corn syrup, soybeans and altered crops.

Our food supply is being destroyed on purpose.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Novem » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Devil Dog wrote:
Novem wrote:Anyone who still thinks the US is a land where Joe Schmoe can come up and become a millionaire needs to stop drinking the kool-aid...

If Joe Schmoe wants upward mobility he better get into the political arena with the sociopaths or duke it out on wall street with the quants.

Who cares about being a millionaire? If that's your goal then you are on the wrong message board. As for making a good living, it is easy in the US, dead level easy, as long as you are willing to use your head and hustle for work.

"Joe Schmoe" is an average guy. Average guys are not quants on Wall Street.

The American Dream is supposed to mean that through hard work and perseverance, even the poorest people can make it to middle class or above. But it's actually harder to move up in America than it is in most other advanced nations.

Emphasis on middle class or above. Never said millions was my goal but for many people in this country they get sold from the outset on their ability to come from absolutely nothing and rise to the higher or highest economic brackets in this country. That is less and less true as the years go by and it becomes harder to make a good living as the shrinking middle class in this country demonstrates. You are extremely unlikely to get Andrew Jackson types that had absolutely piss poor circumstances with little formal education rising to the top or even middle of the socioeconomic ladder like in previous centuries.

There are plenty of average guys on wall street or at least were. But who do you think is getting shown up and kicked out of that sector? The average guy, because the quants came in and revolutionized how finance is done in that arena. Before that, plenty of regular guys held high positions or at least higher paying ones. When wall street was shedding jobs during the recession it wasn't the quants that were shown the door first. That is why I said 'duke it out' with them and not 'become one of them'.

Anyway, my main point was that the article is correct and all the signs and trends point to this being the case. The only reason people still buy into the lie rather than face reality is because that was what they were indoctrinated with and the truth is a hard bitter pill to swallow.
Novem
Freshman Poster

Postby Moretorque » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Their setting up a world wide caste system and are trying to program the masses into believing this is a free and open society that operates on merit through the power centers they control to try and con all of us.

Typical social engineering through the credit monopoly, the stupidity of the herd is what makes it go but what happens is the system becomes to stupid and eventually collapses under the weight of propping up the non producers.

They are hoping with all the modern technology they can grind it down in their favor and have it fall their way however.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Moretorque wrote:Our food supply is being destroyed on purpose.

It's Spring. Time to build that elevated plating bed in your yard:
https://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/hr/wellne ... _guide.pdf

If you've never used firearms, order a Crossman 2100 air rifle (~$60) and practice with .177 pellets at your local air rifle range to start:
http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/20 ... -2100.html

..and if anyone is thinking about hunting with the Crossman 2100:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THclcV-KcQg
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Moretorque wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Novem wrote:Anyone who still thinks the US is a land where Joe Schmoe can come up and become a millionaire needs to stop drinking the kool-aid...

If Joe Schmoe wants upward mobility he better get into the political arena with the sociopaths or duke it out on wall street with the quants.

Who cares about being a millionaire? If that's your goal then you are on the wrong message board. As for making a good living, it is easy in the US, dead level easy, as long as you are willing to use your head and hustle for work.

That is not true, we are losing all our property rights in the US more so everyday. Who is going to work in a place where the state can bankrupt you at the push of a button and throw you in the street with a accounting gimmick.

The social engineers with their phony check book do this every where they go eventually with this con, the up and coming youth are being handed a crap bag world wide.

As soon as the petro $ is trumped that is the end of the America as we new it for sure, people are stupid and cannot seem to figure out why you have to tie your economic model to something real to keep it grounded. There is nothing to do to fix this until the youth world wide decide they have had enough and they are getting there but they have the whole system set up to deflect all attention away from the money multipliers who run everything.

Happier Abroad?

It seems that this forum should be renamed. It's Too Difficult For Me in the US or Here Is Why I Can't Succeed in the US would be more descriptive. Embrace your victimhood. If you truly believe it, then you will continue to lose. Keep on parroting your excuses. Blame it on the bankers, the government, the oil supply, the 'social engineers'. Blame your failures on everyone and everything, except yourself, of course.

Meanwhile, people with backgrounds, talents and circumstances similar (or worse) than yours are succeeding in the US without working very hard at it. It is all in the mentality. There are several others on this board who understand what I am writing about.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby momopi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:01 am

Realistically, I don't expect anyone here to fix all the world's problems. However, when it comes to "what actions are you taking to improve your individual situation", I seem to get a lot of crickets.

Those who reply with unrealistic expectations and prepositions are intellectually dishonest, and only looking to win an internet argument. Also, having spent years on IRC, you see trolls coming into channels to provoke emotional response on daily basis. After a few weeks you get desensitized to their crap.

I'm here because I believe young men and women who are able, should go abroad to live, learn, and travel. The world is a big place and, unless if you go out there and see for yourself, you won't know where you belong or what is best for you. I encourage all the young men and women at my office to travel and seek opportunities abroad. Life is a one-way street to your grave, and youth can never be regained.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 am

Devil Dog wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

That is not true, we are losing all our property rights in the US more so everyday. Who is going to work in a place where the state can bankrupt you at the push of a button and throw you in the street with a accounting gimmick.

The social engineers with their phony check book do this every where they go eventually with this con, the up and coming youth are being handed a crap bag world wide.

As soon as the petro $ is trumped that is the end of the America as we new it for sure, people are stupid and cannot seem to figure out why you have to tie your economic model to something real to keep it grounded. There is nothing to do to fix this until the youth world wide decide they have had enough and they are getting there but they have the whole system set up to deflect all attention away from the money multipliers who run everything.

Happier Abroad?

It seems that this forum should be renamed. It's Too Difficult For Me in the US or Here Is Why I Can't Succeed in the US would be more descriptive. Embrace your victimhood. If you truly believe it, then you will continue to lose. Keep on parroting your excuses. Blame it on the bankers, the government, the oil supply, the 'social engineers'. Blame your failures on everyone and everything, except yourself, of course.

Meanwhile, people with backgrounds, talents and circumstances similar (or worse) than yours are succeeding in the US without working very hard at it. It is all in the mentality. There are several others on this board who understand what I am writing about.

Succeed? the human race is a bunch of losers. I'm rooting for the mass extinction so it can take the brake off and let nature go on it's way. Evolution is the road to perfection and I believe it can do better.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: USA a land of opportunity- think again with this article

Postby Halwick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:25 am

ph wrote:Here is a article that proves that USA isn't the land of opportunity as the media and even history textbooks make out to be.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/09/news/ec ... -mobility/

In theory, its possible to go from poor to rich in USA. In reality, this shows otherwise.

Interesting article, but author ignores countries that practices a caste system, like India, Africa, Korea, Nepal, Sri Lanka, just to name a few, where there exists greater inequalitiy and anyone born in a lower caste is more likely to remain.

If a person born in the lower class status in the Philippines, Thailand and China and Latin America(which are not included in the article), would that person be LESS LIKELY NOT to be stuck in the same class status as his/her parents? In other words, are the opportunities for advancement for a lower class person in those countries better than the opportunities available in the USA?

Is the OP implying that countries like India or Philippines offers greater opportunities than in the USA and the people there abroad are "happier" than in USA?

If those countries were included in the article, I don't think the USA would look that bad in comparison.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Postby Moretorque » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:23 am

Halwick wrote:
ph wrote:Here is a article that proves that USA isn't the land of opportunity as the media and even history textbooks make out to be.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/09/news/ec ... -mobility/

In theory, its possible to go from poor to rich in USA. In reality, this shows otherwise.

Interesting article, but author ignores countries that practices a caste system, like India, Africa, Korea, Nepal, Sri Lanka, just to name a few, where there exists greater inequalitiy and anyone born in a lower caste is more likely to remain.

If a person born in the lower class status in the Philippines, Thailand and China and Latin America(which are not included in the article), would that person be LESS LIKELY NOT to be stuck in the same class status as his/her parents? In other words, are the opportunities for advancement for a lower class person in those countries better than the opportunities available in the USA?

Is the OP implying that countries like India or Philippines offers greater opportunities than in the USA and the people there abroad are "happier" than in USA?

If those countries were included in the article, I don't think the USA would look that bad in comparison.

According to a video I saw England set up the caste system in India?
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:45 am

Devil Dog wrote:Happier Abroad?

So at what point do we conclude that there is a systemic problem? Lets say 99% of the population were starving. Would it make sense to point to the 1% of the population who weren't starving and say "See, they are doing OK so all the starving people must just suck"? At what point do we admit there is a systemic problem and try to do something about it?

Meanwhile, people with backgrounds, talents and circumstances similar (or worse) than yours are succeeding in the US without working very hard at it.

That is part of the problem. The West is a communist totalitarian state where the elite, their filthy whores and dysgenic housepets are showered with loot while decent men get the shaft.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Moretorque wrote: Succeed? the human race is a bunch of losers. I'm rooting for the mass extinction so it can take the brake off and let nature go on it's way. Evolution is the road to perfection and I believe it can do better.

If you're rooting for mass extinction, then why are you on an expat advocacy forum?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby bladed11 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Eventually it will lead to a mark in your right hand or forehead. Like in the bible you will have to get this mark to clock in at work in order to buy and to sell online you will need it like an implanted debit card. They already scan your hand and or face for most temp jobs with temp agencies. That's just a step towards it. What if the bible is correct and everyone who takes it spends an eternity in hell for taking it? I won't be taking that chance I'll just starve I guess.
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Postby bladed11 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:Happier Abroad?

So at what point do we conclude that there is a systemic problem? Lets say 99% of the population were starving. Would it make sense to point to the 1% of the population who weren't starving and say "See, they are doing OK so all the starving people must just suck"? At what point do we admit there is a systemic problem and try to do something about it?

Meanwhile, people with backgrounds, talents and circumstances similar (or worse) than yours are succeeding in the US without working very hard at it.

That is part of the problem. The West is a communist totalitarian state where the elite, their filthy whores and dysgenic housepets are showered with loot while decent men get the shaft.

Evil men prosper but then they get shafted hardcore. This life and the next.
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Postby Repatriate » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:33 pm

momopi wrote:
As a 1.5 gen immigrant from Taiwan, the American Government is under no obligation to protect my family's economic status. If I or my descendants (in the future) were to slack off, I expect the government to import labor from India or another country to replace me.

The problem with accepting this is that labor and quality of life becomes a race to the bottom. With the way the world is structured now there aren't many limits to how many or what type of workers can be replaced for lower wages or even worse working conditions. When you pay taxes it's implied that a social contract exists between you as a citizen and the government who supposedly watches over your interests. In practice this isn't true at all of course because government and controlling business interests will do what they want.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Moretorque » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Repatriate wrote:
momopi wrote:
As a 1.5 gen immigrant from Taiwan, the American Government is under no obligation to protect my family's economic status. If I or my descendants (in the future) were to slack off, I expect the government to import labor from India or another country to replace me.

The problem with accepting this is that labor and quality of life becomes a race to the bottom. With the way the world is structured now there aren't many limits to how many or what type of workers can be replaced for lower wages or even worse working conditions. When you pay taxes it's implied that a social contract exists between you as a citizen and the government who supposedly watches over your interests. In practice this isn't true at all of course because government and controlling business interests will do what they want.

I heard in Vietnam they are working for 28 cents an hour, that is pretty darn close to the bottom I hope.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions