Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


no longer posted

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Have you had to deal with racism in America?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 pm

yes
10
77%
No
3
23%
 
Total votes : 13

no longer posted

Postby DanielleNguyen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:10 pm

....................................
Last edited by DanielleNguyen on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: North dakota







Postby DanielleNguyen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 pm

No we just live in a really bad crappy area. I mean I hear this place use to be nice, cute little small town until the oil boom. Lots of the oil workers are really mean. Very few are kind. And no I am not a troll, just a ranting woman on a rampage wondering what the hell happened to the good old days
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: North dakota

Re: Racist and Embarrassing

Postby S_Parc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

DanielleNguyen wrote:Oh, you two are having a baby is it going to be Asian or American? We've had lots of stupid questions like this. We've even been told we shouldn't teach him/ her my husband's culture because he/ she is a American. Loose the Merica attitude people. It doesn't matter what race my child is and he/she will learn both heritages/ cultures.


I hear the above, even in New England, where there are a lot of liberals. The difference between your neck of the woods and mine is that mainstreamers are afraid of being labelled ignorant or racist, so they know when to zip it, quickly.

I had an experience at a Brazilian buffet where some guy in the line was trying to make a dog/pony show, in front of another gal (I suppose his date), because he couldn't understand why a Brazilian place would have sushi in the offerings. He was attempting to sound funny in an ignorant way. Well ... I politely told him that the largest Japanese diaspora was in Brazil and then he quickly turned red, looked away, and didn't say a word until he was out of the line.

But still, attitudes about cultures and what ppl are suppose to be, prevail under the hood. So yeah, the presence of a bunch of colleges doesn't make ppl more accepting and tolerant, just more PC in public.

On the other shoe, the caucasian male/east Asian female coupling is highly tolerated, even outside of the academy. Somehow, there's this notion that the daughters will be like Kristin Kreuk and fully American or Canadian-ized in her case, basically, a white women but with some exotic features.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby Moretorque » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 pm

I can believe that in North Dakota, that place is probably pretty Red! Asian people bring alot to the table here and are well schooled, I find you can learn from them and they can add a lot to your society.

As far as the Penis joke goes it's just that a joke but not true at all, Mr. Wu is living proof some Asian men are actually very well endowed.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby ElReyBoludo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

To tell you the truth, I understand how those strangers felt and why they behaved that way. I don't say that I condone it- those attacks were childish, mean and ultimately accomplished nothing- however, I get it. While I am not WN and have no ties to any of that, on the other hand, I haven't had good experiences with this "diversity" stuff; resent how it was mostly forced onto general society in such a short time-frame; and I long for the old days of the '80s for more reasons than just the music. Constantly being branded a "racist idiot", "ignorant", "bigot" and far worse, just for daring to say so, sure doesn't help. Nothing like having those sensitive, intelligent and compassionate progressives wishing you terminal illness and death just because you oppose their politics...

I don't hate you guys, don't want to meddle with your private life, and don't wish you any kind of ill will...but I understand how those people felt. And I say that as a member of a group sometimes labeled "white", and at other times "ethnic", myself. (Our "white" status is not uniform across all the Anglo countries, in fact.) I prefer to be around people of a similar background to my own, and have found that other groups have, for the most part, treated us quite negatively (no matter how positive, fair and open-minded we tried to be around them), and have caused huge upheaval in the country in general. Cities, in particular, have become absolute chaos.

I'm sorry to say it, but I have to be honest...and a site like this is one of the few places left on Earth where I can do so. To me, this "anti-racist" thing is just not working out, except for those rich enough to insulate themselves from the consequences of it- the very same university professors and Democratic politicians who caused it in the first place, for example.

I don't celebrate diversity; I lament it. If that makes me a racist, all that I can tell you is that I tried my best, and that there truly are two sides to every story.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 am

Postby zboy1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 am

Asians (especially Asian guys) get treated like crap in America. So that's one reason why I moved to Asia. OutWest--who has half-Asian children--also does not want his children subjected to the racism his children will receive, if they return to the States.

See, Ladilslav! He always calls me a 'race-baiter' and a liar for pointing-out the problems faced by Asians in the USA. He always thinks Asians never receive any kind of ill treatment in the USA, or as he likes to believe, that racism against Whites from Asians is the bigger problem (bullshit!).

Danielle, America is a supremely racist country--and no matter how racist Asian countries maybe...America and other racist Anglo countries i.e. U.K., Australia, Canada, etc...can be just as bad--but with more political correctness thrown in the mix. Same thing...just different shades of racism in all countries...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby zboy1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 am

ElReyBoludo wrote:To tell you the truth, I understand how those strangers felt and why they behaved that way. I don't say that I condone it- those attacks were childish, mean and ultimately accomplished nothing- however, I get it. While I am not WN and have no ties to any of that, on the other hand, I haven't had good experiences with this "diversity" stuff; resent how it was mostly forced onto general society in such a short time-frame; and I long for the old days of the '80s for more reasons than just the music. Constantly being branded a "racist idiot", "ignorant", "bigot" and far worse, just for daring to say so, sure doesn't help. Nothing like having those sensitive, intelligent and compassionate progressives wishing you terminal illness and death just because you oppose their politics...

I don't hate you guys, don't want to meddle with your private life, and don't wish you any kind of ill will...but I understand how those people felt. And I say that as a member of a group sometimes labeled "white", and at other times "ethnic", myself. (Our "white" status is not uniform across all the Anglo countries, in fact.) I prefer to be around people of a similar background to my own, and have found that other groups have, for the most part, treated us quite negatively (no matter how positive, fair and open-minded we tried to be around them), and have caused huge upheaval in the country in general. Cities, in particular, have become absolute chaos.

I'm sorry to say it, but I have to be honest...and a site like this is one of the few places left on Earth where I can do so. To me, this "anti-racist" thing is just not working out, except for those rich enough to insulate themselves from the consequences of it- the very same university professors and Democratic politicians who caused it in the first place, for example.

I don't celebrate diversity; I lament it. If that makes me a racist, all that I can tell you is that I tried my best, and that there truly are two sides to every story.


That's a brave and honest comment coming from you, ElRey! To be honest...I like that Asia is homogenous and not "multicultural"--as the U.S. and other Western countries are--because, for the most part, diversity causes strife and racial tension and will never lead to the kind of racial-utopia envisioned by many liberals in the West...

Whites resent minorities; Blacks hate Whites and vice versa; The Hispanics are racist to anyone who doesn't speak Spanish and the same with Asians. And it's the Zionist Jews and their 'open-immigration' policies that is causing all this mess...Diversity is not working, that's for sure.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby OutWest » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:58 pm

zboy1 wrote:Asians (especially Asian guys) get treated like crap in America. So that's one reason why I moved to Asia. OutWest--who has half-Asian children--also does not want his children subjected to the racism his children will receive, if they return to the States.

See, Ladilslav! He always calls me a 'race-baiter' and a liar for pointing-out the problems faced by Asians in the USA. He always thinks Asians never receive any kind of ill treatment in the USA, or as he likes to believe, that racism against Whites from Asians is the bigger problem (bullshit!).

Danielle, America is a supremely racist country--and no matter how racist Asian countries maybe...America and other racist Anglo countries i.e. U.K., Australia, Canada, etc...can be just as bad--but with more political correctness thrown in the mix. Same thing...just different shades of racism in all countries...


The racially homogenous parts of Asia such as Korea and Japan, tend to be pretty racist.
Of course, they are not selling themselves as some kind of great non-racist melting pot either,
so one cannot really say they are hypocrites either.

>>>There is a sort of very mean spirited racism in the USA ...mean southern places...
and many others. Larger cities on the west coast are perhaps better than some because there is
such a mix there , and a heavy undeniable Asian presence.

Otherwise, the idiotic gomers like the OP talks about are everywhere. I think it is often fear and envy,
they know they are losers and their days are numbered.

In general, I think my kids will have more opportunity in Asia than in the USA, and the racism in
the USA is certainly a factor.

Last summer in Eastern Oregon, we stopped at a small market across from a bar, and while my wife
ran inside to grab some snacks, a cluster of locals exited the bar and stood across the street yelling some slurs about that "Hot beaner bitch". Now I am pretty well armed, and nothing came of it, but
that kind of crap comes up all with disturbing frequency.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Renata » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Sounds like you live in a rachette neighbourhood, & know rachette people. If the both of you as parents get bullied by people so much, imagine what your kids are going to endure, and they are only little' :(

Danielle you remind me of a really really fat obese person.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Racist and Embarrassing

Postby skateboardstephen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 pm

S_Parc wrote:
DanielleNguyen wrote:Oh, you two are having a baby is it going to be Asian or American? We've had lots of stupid questions like this. We've even been told we shouldn't teach him/ her my husband's culture because he/ she is a American. Loose the Merica attitude people. It doesn't matter what race my child is and he/she will learn both heritages/ cultures.




I had an experience at a Brazilian buffet where some guy in the line was trying to make a dog/pony show, in front of another gal (I suppose his date), because he couldn't understand why a Brazilian place would have sushi in the offerings. He was attempting to sound funny in an ignorant way. Well ... I politely told him that the largest Japanese diaspora was in Brazil and then he quickly turned red, looked away, and didn't say a word until he was out of the line.


The ignorance about Brazil in the U.S. is never ending...oh man the dumb things i have heard from Americans...from thinking they speak Spanish in Brazil to thinking that there are no Black or White people in Brazil and that Brazilians were some brown race.They think the capital is Rio De Janeiro or they think that all of Brazil is this big jungle.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Re: Racist and Embarrassing

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 am

skateboardstephen wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
DanielleNguyen wrote:Oh, you two are having a baby is it going to be Asian or American? We've had lots of stupid questions like this. We've even been told we shouldn't teach him/ her my husband's culture because he/ she is a American. Loose the Merica attitude people. It doesn't matter what race my child is and he/she will learn both heritages/ cultures.




I had an experience at a Brazilian buffet where some guy in the line was trying to make a dog/pony show, in front of another gal (I suppose his date), because he couldn't understand why a Brazilian place would have sushi in the offerings. He was attempting to sound funny in an ignorant way. Well ... I politely told him that the largest Japanese diaspora was in Brazil and then he quickly turned red, looked away, and didn't say a word until he was out of the line.


The ignorance about Brazil in the U.S. is never ending...oh man the dumb things i have heard from Americans...from thinking they speak Spanish in Brazil to thinking that there are no Black or White people in Brazil and that Brazilians were some brown race.They think the capital is Rio De Janeiro or they think that all of Brazil is this big jungle.

You should be ecstatic that the majority of Americans are ignorant of Brazilians.
Do you want Brazilians to come to the u.s. Of gay en masse?? ...so that they can bring that stupid u.s. Of gay bull rock back to Brazil at a way faster rate than now???? Nope. I love Bush and Dickhead Cheney for forcing Brazilians to apply for a u.s, tourist visa nowadays and reject most of them. That's more non feminized bunda awaiting us virtuous, upstanding men.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:00 am

zboy1 wrote:
ElReyBoludo wrote:To tell you the truth, I understand how those strangers felt and why they behaved that way. I don't say that I condone it- those attacks were childish, mean and ultimately accomplished nothing- however, I get it. While I am not WN and have no ties to any of that, on the other hand, I haven't had good experiences with this "diversity" stuff; resent how it was mostly forced onto general society in such a short time-frame; and I long for the old days of the '80s for more reasons than just the music. Constantly being branded a "racist idiot", "ignorant", "bigot" and far worse, just for daring to say so, sure doesn't help. Nothing like having those sensitive, intelligent and compassionate progressives wishing you terminal illness and death just because you oppose their politics...

I don't hate you guys, don't want to meddle with your private life, and don't wish you any kind of ill will...but I understand how those people felt. And I say that as a member of a group sometimes labeled "white", and at other times "ethnic", myself. (Our "white" status is not uniform across all the Anglo countries, in fact.) I prefer to be around people of a similar background to my own, and have found that other groups have, for the most part, treated us quite negatively (no matter how positive, fair and open-minded we tried to be around them), and have caused huge upheaval in the country in general. Cities, in particular, have become absolute chaos.

I'm sorry to say it, but I have to be honest...and a site like this is one of the few places left on Earth where I can do so. To me, this "anti-racist" thing is just not working out, except for those rich enough to insulate themselves from the consequences of it- the very same university professors and Democratic politicians who caused it in the first place, for example.

I don't celebrate diversity; I lament it. If that makes me a racist, all that I can tell you is that I tried my best, and that there truly are two sides to every story.


That's a brave and honest comment coming from you, ElRey! To be honest...I like that Asia is homogenous and not "multicultural"--as the U.S. and other Western countries are--because, for the most part, diversity causes strife and racial tension and will never lead to the kind of racial-utopia envisioned by many liberals in the West...

Whites resent minorities; Blacks hate Whites and vice versa; The Hispanics are racist to anyone who doesn't speak Spanish and the same with Asians. And it's the Zionist Jews and their 'open-immigration' policies that is causing all this mess...Diversity is not working, that's for sure.

Not. Hogwash. ...because Hispanics from Central America are racist to anybody whom doesn't have that indigenous hawk nose that speaks "spangazteca". God forbid that someone speaks Spanish properly....then they say, "Ud no habla español bien" or simply "no entiendo" classic just to demoralize me and/or to retain the supremacist delusion that "real" Hispanics have a monopoly on the Spanish idiom. Orrrrrrr because they are too ignorant to understand my proper Spanish. Like I said, most Hispanics are from the lower echelon of Latinoamerica so their Spanish is very mitigated due to their poor background. Proper Spanish is valued in the upper echelon of Latinoamerica....especially in Colombia, Quito EC and the 'guays. Like ladislav said, Spanish is expected out of you in latinoamerica!!! Brasil tambem. When it comes to brasilian Porto.

I used to date a Panamanian-Italian-American c,unt and criticized me for speaking proper Spanish. En serio?? See...I loathe linguistic ignorance like that.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby ElReyBoludo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:45 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Not. Hogwash. ...because Hispanics from Central America are racist to anybody whom doesn't have that indigenous hawk nose that speaks "spangazteca". God forbid that someone speaks Spanish properly....then they say, "Ud no habla español bien" or simply "no entiendo" classic just to demoralize me and/or to retain the supremacist delusion that "real" Hispanics have a monopoly on the Spanish idiom. Orrrrrrr because they are too ignorant to understand my proper Spanish. Like I said, most Hispanics are from the lower echelon of Latinoamerica so their Spanish is very mitigated due to their poor background. Proper Spanish is valued in the upper echelon of Latinoamerica....especially in Colombia, Quito EC and the 'guays. Like ladislav said, Spanish is expected out of you in latinoamerica!!! Brasil tambem. When it comes to brasilian Porto.

I used to date a Panamanian-Italian-American c,unt and criticized me for speaking proper Spanish. En serio?? See...I loathe linguistic ignorance like that.


...Huh?

I'm not from Central America- I'm Argentine. And your attempts at both English and Spanish are completely unintelligible. You shouldn't be bragging about bilingualism when you can't even master your own native language.

Is there anybody here who can translate this ebonics-pseudo-Spanglish-textspeak bunch of gibberish stew into something legible?
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 am

Postby drealm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:25 am

By young ladies do you mean children? I can't see any adults asking you to pay for their meal and then insulting you. If they insulted your husband the answer is for your husband to say "Those are rude questions. Pick up your shit and leave.". If this doesn't work you leave. In any case you shouldn't whimper if your husband shows his temper.
Last edited by drealm on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Postby Luc Furr » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 am

what has happened to you so far is nothing by comparison to what is going to happen to you.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests