no longer posted

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Have you had to deal with racism in America?

Poll ended at April 24th, 2014, 12:10 pm

yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 13
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?
My PC apologies, I'm not referring to poor white laborers in the fields of the deep South, nor the Coal belt, nor the Corn belt, nor the Oil Patch, who happen to have a red neck as a result of being out in the sun too long.

In this case, Redneck = backwater KKK types
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster

Post by CrazyCanuck944 »

From Merriam-Webster:

'a white person who lives in a small town or in the country especially in the southern U.S., who typically has a working-class job, and who is seen by others as being uneducated and having opinions and attitudes that are offensive.'
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

CrazyCanuck944 wrote:
From Merriam-Webster:

'a white person who lives in a small town or in the country especially in the southern U.S., who typically has a working-class job, and who is seen by others as being uneducated and having opinions and attitudes that are offensive.'
Yeah, but I don't concur with that definition. I know plenty of working class southerners who're not a bunch of bigots and hate ppl of other races and nationalities.

Sure, they may not know about countries like Albania, Malaysia, or Azerbaijan but at the same time, they don't dislike ppl, if they're from those countries.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster

Post by CrazyCanuck944 »

S_Parc wrote:
My PC apologies, I'm not referring to poor white laborers in the fields of the deep South, nor the Coal belt, nor the Corn belt, nor the Oil Patch, who happen to have a red neck as a result of being out in the sun too long.

...or where I live, the Church of Aryan Nations types.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

CrazyCanuck944 wrote:
S_Parc wrote:

...or where I live, the Church of Aryan Nations types.
Yes, that's more like it. Those are the real hate types, not white ppl, who simply have a a working class background.

AB discussion thread

CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster

Post by CrazyCanuck944 »

S_Parc wrote:
CrazyCanuck944 wrote:
From Merriam-Webster:

Yeah, but I don't concur with that definition. I know plenty of working class southerners who're not a bunch of bigots and hate ppl of other races and nationalities.

Sure, they may not know about countries like Albania, Malaysia, or Azerbaijan but at the same time, they don't dislike ppl, if they're from those countries.
I agree with you. There's no crime in being unsophisticated, or even uneducated for that matter. Conversely, I've met the odd well-educated 'gentleman' types who would fall into the redneck category.