Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


no longer posted

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Have you had to deal with racism in America?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 pm

yes
10
77%
No
3
23%
 
Total votes : 13

Postby S_Parc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:34 am

DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?


My PC apologies, I'm not referring to poor white laborers in the fields of the deep South, nor the Coal belt, nor the Corn belt, nor the Oil Patch, who happen to have a red neck as a result of being out in the sun too long.

In this case, Redneck = backwater KKK types
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm







Postby CrazyCanuck944 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:38 am

DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?


From Merriam-Webster:

'a white person who lives in a small town or in the country especially in the southern U.S., who typically has a working-class job, and who is seen by others as being uneducated and having opinions and attitudes that are offensive.'
CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:56 pm
Location: Canada

Postby S_Parc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 am

CrazyCanuck944 wrote:
DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?


From Merriam-Webster:

'a white person who lives in a small town or in the country especially in the southern U.S., who typically has a working-class job, and who is seen by others as being uneducated and having opinions and attitudes that are offensive.'


Yeah, but I don't concur with that definition. I know plenty of working class southerners who're not a bunch of bigots and hate ppl of other races and nationalities.

Sure, they may not know about countries like Albania, Malaysia, or Azerbaijan but at the same time, they don't dislike ppl, if they're from those countries.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby CrazyCanuck944 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:44 am

S_Parc wrote:
DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?


My PC apologies, I'm not referring to poor white laborers in the fields of the deep South, nor the Coal belt, nor the Corn belt, nor the Oil Patch, who happen to have a red neck as a result of being out in the sun too long.

In this case, Redneck = backwater KKK types


...or where I live, the Church of Aryan Nations types.
CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:56 pm
Location: Canada

Postby S_Parc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:45 am

CrazyCanuck944 wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?


My PC apologies, I'm not referring to poor white laborers in the fields of the deep South, nor the Coal belt, nor the Corn belt, nor the Oil Patch, who happen to have a red neck as a result of being out in the sun too long.

In this case, Redneck = backwater KKK types


...or where I live, the Church of Aryan Nations types.


Yes, that's more like it. Those are the real hate types, not white ppl, who simply have a a working class background.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby CrazyCanuck944 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 am

S_Parc wrote:
CrazyCanuck944 wrote:
DanielleNguyen wrote:Rednecks?


From Merriam-Webster:

'a white person who lives in a small town or in the country especially in the southern U.S., who typically has a working-class job, and who is seen by others as being uneducated and having opinions and attitudes that are offensive.'


Yeah, but I don't concur with that definition. I know plenty of working class southerners who're not a bunch of bigots and hate ppl of other races and nationalities.

Sure, they may not know about countries like Albania, Malaysia, or Azerbaijan but at the same time, they don't dislike ppl, if they're from those countries.


I agree with you. There's no crime in being unsophisticated, or even uneducated for that matter. Conversely, I've met the odd well-educated 'gentleman' types who would fall into the redneck category.
CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:56 pm
Location: Canada

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eric, Google [Bot], zerowing1 and 7 guests