Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

If you're in another country, why do you still post here?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

If you're in another country, why do you still post here?

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am

I can understand Winston posting here because obviously it's his forum and he's doing it for a good cause. But if I was to move to another country with a better culture and better females, I really don't think I'd still be posting here. I'd probably not even spend much time online at all, unless I was doing something like running a small business. I'd just be enjoying life over there and I'd want to get as detached as possible from what I've left behind.

Johnny1975. Starting outstanding threads since 2012.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: If you're in another country, why do you still post here

Postby zboy1 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:55 am

Johnny1975 wrote:I can understand Winston posting here because obviously it's his forum and he's doing it for a good cause. But if I was to move to another country with a better culture and better females, I really don't think I'd still be posting here. I'd probably not even spend much time online at all, unless I was doing something like running a small business. I'd just be enjoying life over there and I'd want to get as detached as possible from what I've left behind.

Most of the people abroad don't post that much, nowadays, except for some people like Rock. Even I don't post that often, either.

Like I wrote in another thread started by Droid titled "Hard-Headed Abroad:"
"This website should be called "Angry and bitter at home!"

No wonder I think most of you guys are a joke: Angry, bitter, complaining, fighting-with-each-other, unhappy and racist and misogynist. That basically makes-up most of the HA members on this forum...Pathetic!

I'm having a pretty good time in China, and I've gotten to explore other parts of Asia, too! I'm really loving my life right now.

HEY GUYS! JUST GO OUT THERE AND EXPLORE! DON'T STAY IN THE ANGLO WORLD FEELING ALL BITTER AND ANGRY--AND THEN DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT MOANING ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

zboy1 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:I can understand Winston posting here because obviously it's his forum and he's doing it for a good cause. But if I was to move to another country with a better culture and better females, I really don't think I'd still be posting here. I'd probably not even spend much time online at all, unless I was doing something like running a small business. I'd just be enjoying life over there and I'd want to get as detached as possible from what I've left behind.

Most of the people abroad don't post that much, nowadays, except for some people like Rock. Even I don't post that often, either.

Like I wrote in another thread started by Droid titled "Hard-Headed Abroad:"
"This website should be called "Angry and bitter at home!"

No wonder I think most of you guys are a joke: Angry, bitter, complaining, fighting-with-each-other, unhappy and racist and misogynist. That basically makes-up most of the HA members on this forum...Pathetic!

I'm having a pretty good time in China, and I've gotten to explore other parts of Asia, too! I'm really loving my life right now.

HEY GUYS! JUST GO OUT THERE AND EXPLORE! DON'T STAY IN THE ANGLO WORLD FEELING ALL BITTER AND ANGRY--AND THEN DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT MOANING ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It's that post that raised the question, but I didn't want to post it as a response because it might have come off differently, hence this thread.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:20 am

Some people abroad still come here to help people suffering in America and give them advice. Sometimes they come to meet other bros or to have HA meetups in their local area. Or they need advice on finding a job or deciding what town or city to live in. Some like the HA members here and just want to post updates to inspire others. Etc.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

Maybe you could have a section especially for expats.
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby Mr S » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:03 pm

A majority of the posters here are individual free thinkers and even if I don't agree with what they post most have interesting and unique things to say and viewpoints about their perceived reality that isn't completely fabricated from outside mainstream sources.

It's actually quite difficult to meet free-thinkers nowadays, we are a dying breed or barely treading water at best. It seems like there are a lot because of the internet and social media but in reality we are scattered all around the globe in small pockets and to find each other within reasonable travel distances of where we live outside of distance travel would be rare indeed.

Plus, I have a weird thing about loyalty to people that I consider a friend or have some unique connection with due to similar interests. Although I wouldn't agree with the way Winston conducts everything in his life, I understand his conundrums and his personal interests in metaphysical subjects outside of women and foreign travel. There are only a small percentage of people like this in the world that share similar interests with this kind of stuff. It's best to maintain contact over the long run than burn bridges and go separate ways. Since I have known Winston for around 10 years now I feel obligated to follow his activities and continue partaking with discussions on occasion.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby skateboardstephen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Because not everything Abroad is a cake walk and people don't talk about the challenges or dangers one faces trying to live and work in Third World countries.In my city the police went on strike for two days,there were riots and they had to send in troops.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Postby RollingStone » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Guys are just bragging and giving newbies the false ideas like, you can go and pick the best looking girl to be your wife.
RollingStone
Freshman Poster

Postby sfexcellence » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:18 pm

I would post here to inspire and inform, about the positives and the negatives of being Abroad and of being in Canada.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster

Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Postby xiongmao » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 am

I posted a lot when I was in Asia.

I did also go out a lot. I can prove this because I witnessed 3 tremendous thunderstorms (15cm of rainfall each time) and on every occasion I was outside*.

I thought it was useful for guys to know what the countries I visited were REALLY like.

Plus it's freaking hot in SE Asia and it's just too hot to go out in the day.

Also it was nice to come on here and arrange meetings with other HA'ers who were out in the field.

I'll definitely go abroad again, and when my IT career comes to its natural end I'll probably end up becoming a teacher. Everyone in Asia thought I was a teacher anyway, so I might as well become one.

*This excludes the torrential downpours I saw when I was with Rock in Pattaya.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby TopSpruce » Fri May 09, 2014 7:13 pm

I didn't post here while away. It was only after I decided East Europe wasn't the place for me that I decided to visit HA again. Its true...while you're having a good time in real life, internet isn't needed. In the future, I hope to completely eliminate my need for TV, computer, electricity, etc.

However, I understand that some people feel the need to connect to an expat community. I know a lot of people meet up with others in the same country by messaging others on expat type forums.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Postby ntm1972 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:54 pm

TopSpruce wrote:I didn't post here while away.... Its true...while you're having a good time in real life, internet isn't needed.

^This.

I didn't visit HA much while I was abroad, nor did I make many posts on man-friendly sites. There was no need to; I was living the dream.

Circumstances led to my return to the U.S., but I don't plan on staying here long-term. In the meantime, it's good to visit a site like HA whenever I can to remind myself of the better life out there, one I lived before and intend to live again.

Among other things, I'm definitely looking forward to being once again in a place where women aren't openly hostile. Just a little while ago, while here at my local Starbucks, one of the baristas, an old hag with an attitude, came to my table to place a chair there and snapped "Move your feet!" I ignored her, kept my feet where they were, and she set the chair down and moved on. I then propped my feet on the chair. Thanks for the ottoman, bitch! :lol:
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Postby In2dadark » Fri May 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Mr S wrote:A majority of the posters here are individual free thinkers and even if I don't agree with what they post most have interesting and unique things to say and viewpoints about their perceived reality that isn't completely fabricated from outside mainstream sources.

It's actually quite difficult to meet free-thinkers nowadays, we are a dying breed or barely treading water at best. It seems like there are a lot because of the internet and social media but in reality we are scattered all around the globe in small pockets and to find each other within reasonable travel distances of where we live outside of distance travel would be rare indeed.

Plus, I have a weird thing about loyalty to people that I consider a friend or have some unique connection with due to similar interests. Although I wouldn't agree with the way Winston conducts everything in his life, I understand his conundrums and his personal interests in metaphysical subjects outside of women and foreign travel. There are only a small percentage of people like this in the world that share similar interests with this kind of stuff. It's best to maintain contact over the long run than burn bridges and go separate ways. Since I have known Winston for around 10 years now I feel obligated to follow his activities and continue partaking with discussions on occasion.

Very true. The odd thing about the internet is a vast majority of it is designed to assimilate one into the borg. If find it quite odd to end up being able to use something I see as being potentially very harmful & have it end up being a very good way to connect once the proper filter & blinders are on.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions