Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Happy Easter

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Happy Easter

Postby jamesbond » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Hope everyone has a happy Easter. :D

Image Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby publicduende » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 pm

LOL :) You too!

Funny how in the UK the levels of political correctness have gotten to the insane level where, in my office, we couldn't wish each other Happy Easter, but only say "enjoy the (long) weekend".
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:48 am

publicduende wrote:LOL :) You too!

Funny how in the UK the levels of political correctness have gotten to the insane level where, in my office, we couldn't wish each other Happy Easter, but only say "enjoy the (long) weekend".

What long weekend?

In the US, much of us have to work both Fri and Mon. Taking Sunday off is expected.

Even Monday, the so-called Patriot's Day, the start of American revolution in the Boston area, is only a holiday for state employees. Most non-govt ppl are expected to work on Monday.

So while both Easter along with the start of the most important *initial* event in US history is barely recognized. Those who attend the battle reenactments along with the Boston Marathon are doing so, because their companies don't mind them being late on Monday.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 am

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Mr. Wu would make a great Jesus but we would not want to see him get killed however.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Postby jamesbond » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Moretorque wrote:Mr. Wu would make a great Jesus but we would not want to see him get killed however.

I would like to see Winston giving the sermon on the mount like Jesus did! :D

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Happy Easter

Postby S_Parc » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:48 am

This Easter, after the morning services, we're going out and partying.

This is suppose to be a celebration of an ancient resurrection but yet, everyone acts downtrodden a/o serious about the whole thing.

I plan on being completely drunk by 7PM. And yes, we'd gotten ourselves a driver :wink: so it won't be an issue.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Here is Pope Francis during Easter Sunday mass. As you can see, even the Pope is a big fan of Winston! :D

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:21 am

S_Parc wrote:This Easter, after the morning services, we're going out and partying.

This is suppose to be a celebration of an ancient resurrection but yet, everyone acts downtrodden a/o serious about the whole thing.

I plan on being completely drunk by 7PM. And yes, we'd gotten ourselves a driver :wink: so it won't be an issue.

Good for you!

Your approach is indeed closer to the early Church observance of Sunday worship, until Paul the Priggish put the kibosh on it.
http://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/11-22.htm
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dragon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:29 am

Happy chocolate egg day
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby publicduende » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:56 am

Happy Easter to everyone.

publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Oh very nice. Happy Easter everyone.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Happy Easter everyone, don't eat too many eggs or chocolate bunnies! :lol:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Jester wrote:
S_Parc wrote:This Easter, after the morning services, we're going out and partying.

Good for you!

Your approach is indeed closer to the early Church observance of Sunday worship, until Paul the Priggish put the kibosh on it.
http://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/11-22.htm

It's a little past 7PM on Easter Sunday and I'm hammered! Mission Accomplished 8)

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re:

Postby The » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:25 am

publicduende wrote:LOL :) You too!

Good lord...Is the political correctness really that bad in Britain where you can't wish people a Happy Easter anymore?!?!

Kinda like in America where mentioning the word "Christmas" in a corporate setting would get you fired...
The
Junior Poster

Return to General Discussions