Decline of American Incomes and Middle Class

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Decline of American Incomes and Middle Class

Post by Tsar »

American Middle Class no longer the richest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/upsho ... chest.html

Canadian middle class overtakes American middle class. Compared to worldwide many Americans in the 20th percentile are worse than many of foreigners of the same percentile in Canada and developed European nations. Everything I knew before the article but it's another article about how bad things are or becoming in America.

America is the best industrialized or developed nation in which to be rich and the worst industrialized, developed nation in which to be poor. America has many opportunities for the rich but not many for the poor. Socioeconomic mobility in America is very low compared to many other countries.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Novem
Freshman Poster

Post by Novem »

The writing has been on the wall for a while now and it is getting harder for some people to stick their heads in the sand about it. America clearly has advantages over other countries but those advantages have been hijacked for nefarious purposes.

Most people I know want to pretend like things haven't changed or want to entrench themselves and wait for things to get better. Screw that, I'm not going to sit around and wallow in this economic wasteland if I don't have to. I'll finish my degrees and kiss this country goodbye while I can. I've started to urge my friends to do the same thing. Sadly, I've gotten no takers on my offers.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Decline of American Incomes and Middle Class

Post by S_Parc »

Tsar wrote:Compared to worldwide many Americans in the 20th percentile are worse than many of foreigners of the same percentile in Canada and developed European nations.
Even the Canadian middle class isn't doing too great. Realize this, Canadians need to live near high cost cities to find work: Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, etc. And those cities cost as much as places like San Fran, NY, or Boston. BTW, I know a lot of Montreal residents and many of them, wish that they had higher paying jobs in Boston. Likewise, no one's talking about the *big* jobs in Halifax Nova Scotia either. In the US, it's possible to live in ordinary cost cities like Houston, Omaha, and Raleigh, thus lowering one's overall cost of living.

I believe what's happening is that the entire Anglo-American former empire world, is in full blown decline. Thus, many from Britain, America, Canada, Oz, and NZ, will be poorer than just a generation ago.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

This isn't anything new.

Rising inflation = destruction of the middle class

This is just the beginning, it will get much worse.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Yup, Judah surely is in Canada now.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

One Divide soon coming... Rich and Poor.