Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why is the Philippines so welcoming?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why is the Philippines so welcoming?

Postby TopSpruce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 am

For example, Ukraines GDP per capita is not much different from the Philippines (3500 Ukr vs 2500ish Philippines). Both are much smaller than Europe or the USA(50k).

Yet, despite the similar GDP per capita, PI is widely regarded as a much more welcoming country.
What are the reasons for this? Greater wealth disparity? A culture that idolizes America and the West may be one major reason. What do you guys think?
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Pi

Postby TopSpruce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Well, it seems clear that PI really is more welcoming as you see lots of positive trip reports. On the other hand, there are few Ukraine trip reports these days and the ones that appear are ambiguous. For example, there was a middle aged guy that went to Ukr but didn't do great yet he had success when he went to PI. Another recent trip report is of a younger guy who said he had good interactions with women...but no reports of actual dating yet. Finally, even promotional videos such as recent documentaries show success only for those seeking mid-30s single moms in Ukraine.

On the other hand, everyone is universally praising the Philippines? Is it because they are so much poorer? Ukraine is not but rich but most people get by (except perhaps the single moms). Are Westerners valued by Filipino culture more? (My Ukraine interactions led me to believe most Ukr girls are put off by foreigners). Perhaps PI is overated....but if not why is it so much more welcoming?
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Postby Mystery Writer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Can't speak for on-the-ground Filipinos, but my experience with them here, in the USA, has been very positive. Of course, they weren't at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. Still, it appears they are a generally affable people, most speak English and are welcoming to Westerners.

I'm also in contact with ex-pats and locals in various locations in RP. The only place they agree can be less than welcoming is Mindanao, mostly because of radical types bent on making trouble.
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Postby Halwick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:37 am

The Philippines are so welcoming of foreigners because they are perceived as being ATMs with unlimited reserves and a ticket out of the country. And the women and their sex appeal are just the bait to hook and reel them in.

Also the Philippines offers nice tourism opportunities and the people more than happy to cater to tourists....just beware of the scams with smiles.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are the Philippines so welcoming?

Postby OutWest » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

TopSpruce wrote:For example, Ukraines GDP per capita is not much different from the Philippines (3500 Ukr vs 2500ish Philippines). Both are much smaller than Europe or the USA(50k).

Yet, despite the similar GDP per capita, PI is widely regarded as a much more welcoming country.
What are the reasons for this? Greater wealth disparity? A culture that idolizes America and the West may be one major reason. What do you guys think?

The Philippines is a guest culture. Hospitality is ingrained and outlandishly abundant feasts seem to
be generated for the smallest reasons. Of course, some of this has been corrupted with influence from
the west, mainly the USA.

One of the negative influences from the USA is the pestilence of degenerate mongers that flash
cash in an attempt to influence girls, and typically, this attracts the girls with bar-girl mentality.
Of course, these same men later simper about how their bar-girl type treated them as a walking ATM.
It should be a DUH...moment...but stupidity is its own reward.

If you actually establish yourself in the Philippines and build a life, you will likely find some
very warm and hospitable people in your circle.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby TopSpruce » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Yes, establishing yourself is important as it is in any country.

What I mean about "welcoming" is how many men are marrying Filipinas and how people have good trip reports about dating girls. Is it a cultural reason such as liking white guys or maybe being open to meeting foreigners?

Is this "guest culture" mentality the reason they are open to dating foreigners?
I know its not just about money as Ukraine is not much off from PI in terms of GDP/capita yet there is a vast difference in recent trip reports to these places.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Postby Halwick » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:32 pm

OutWest wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:For example, Ukraines GDP per capita is not much different from the Philippines (3500 Ukr vs 2500ish Philippines). Both are much smaller than Europe or the USA(50k).

The Philippines is a guest culture. Hospitality is ingrained and outlandishly abundant feasts seem to
be generated for the smallest reasons. Of course, some of this has been corrupted with influence from

One of the negative influences from the USA is the pestilence of degenerate mongers that flash
cash in an attempt to influence girls, and typically, this attracts the girls with bar-girl mentality.
Of course, these same men later simper about how their bar-girl type treated them as a walking ATM.

If you actually establish yourself in the Philippines and build a life, you will likely find some

And end up like this guy?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/a ... hilippines

Here is a man who fell in love with the Philippines, cared deeply about the country and tried to help people. He doesn't sound like a "degenerate monger flashing cash to influence girls and corrupt the country."

The local authorities downplay the incident and cares more about its tourism image, than bringing speedy justice. And this is how "warm and hospitable people" show it's appreciation and gratitude?

No good deed goes unpunished.....especially in the Philippines.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:47 am

Sure Filipinos are welcoming, as they were (initially) to Magellan and his crew. That's one difference.

Another factor is that they admire Americans unreservedly, while Ukrainians don't.

But the BIG difference is that Filipinos feel that Cano blood will improve their nation. They actually value White men for their genes. (This is a major reason why old Canos are OK with them, if they have good genes.)
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby TopSpruce » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Jester wrote:
But the BIG difference is that Filipinos feel that Cano blood will improve their nation. They actually value White men for their genes.

This is the big difference, yes.

With Ukrainian girls, I felt like they wanted me for all sorts of reasons: no strings attached sex, money, being with a cool foreign guy and learning about the West, money, moving up in society, etc etc....

BUT, I never felt like childbirth was ever on their minds. This is why high birth rate countries are the best.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Postby OutWest » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Halwick wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Here is a man who fell in love with the Philippines, cared deeply about the country and tried to help people. He doesn't sound like a "degenerate monger flashing cash to influence girls and corrupt the country."

The local authorities downplay the incident and cares more about its tourism image, than bringing speedy justice. And this is how "warm and hospitable people" show it's appreciation and gratitude?

The Philippines is not a low crime country. The murder rate is comparable to the USA.
You sound like those Filipinos who read about some Filipina murdered by her American husband
who then project that on to the country as a whole.

The Philippines is really not everyone's cup of tea. It has many third world risks. In our case, since you seem to loath the place, I would advise staying far away. It's really not that hard.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Halwick » Thu May 01, 2014 10:02 pm

OutWest wrote:
Halwick wrote:
OutWest wrote:

The Philippines is not a low crime country. The murder rate is comparable to the USA.
You sound like those Filipinos who read about some Filipina murdered by her American husband
who then project that on to the country as a whole.

The Philippines is really not everyone's cup of tea. It has many third world risks. In our case, since you seem to loath the place, I would advise staying far away. It's really not that hard.

You are quite right. Unless you know how to properly handle them without getting scammed, it's best to avoid them. But why would anyone want to get involved with them and their culture knowing the risks and knowing you have to keep your shields up 24/7? Why do you want to live in a society where lying, cheating, scamming, deceit, corruption and idiocy is the normal way of doing things?

I find it amusing that Filipinas are still touted as the best women in the world. Let's be honest now. If you knew then what you know NOW about their ways, would you still marry a Filipina again? Or do you tolerate and humor them, knowing that if you tried to get an annulment, they would make your life more than tenfold Hellish?
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Unless your a moron you have to keep your guard up 24/7 no matter where you live. The difference is in your home country/city it's become second nature.

And no, I don't regret marrying a Filipina despite "their ways". As Outwest said it's not for everyone and clearly not for you.
Last edited by davewe on Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby TopSpruce » Thu May 01, 2014 11:26 pm

All women are independent humans with goals and ideas, some of which conflict with yours. That's what all relationships are about. I'm sure Filipina women and American women are equally capable of deceit or manipulation as all other humans. You always have to be on guard with people and assert yourself or people will walk all over you, no matter where you live or who you marry. I'm prepared for that. What I'm not prepared for is a woman or a culture who is not interested in family.
Last edited by TopSpruce on Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Postby jtest28 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 am

Ive been to both Ukraine and the Philippines, so I think Philippines is more approachable and inviting simply because its an 'island' type place. And the reason the women like us better is likely due to their desire for white genes in their babies. I say this just going by what my girlfriend there told me. It seems white men are VERY desired there, even old mofos. Every old bastard i saw there who was white, had his way with women. it was the norm, not the exception at all to see a 60 yo with a 20 yo. I was the freak there because me and my girl are both the same age.

I was going to buy her a ring and offered to buy the $900 one and she declared its way too expensive and she looked and looked until she found the cheapest one they had at only $120. I couldn't imagine a Ukrainian woman doing that. . .
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri May 02, 2014 7:20 am

jtest28 wrote:Ive been to both Ukraine and the Philippines, so I think Philippines is more approachable and inviting simply because its an 'island' type place. And the reason the women like us better is likely due to their desire for white genes in their babies. I say this just going by what my girlfriend there told me. It seems white men are VERY desired there, even old mofos. Every old bastard i saw there who was white, had his way with women. it was the norm, not the exception at all to see a 60 yo with a 20 yo. I was the freak there because me and my girl are both the same age.

I was going to buy her a ring and offered to buy the $900 one and she declared its way too expensive and she looked and looked until she found the cheapest one they had at only $120. I couldn't imagine a Uainian woman doing that. . .

I can't imagine most filipinas doing that either lol seriously though she knows she has you in the bag is playing the sweet act and your falling for it hook line and sinker. I hope she doesn't screw you over down teh road. Either way dont ever let a filipina think its not about the money its always about the money. ALWAYS. my bargirl treated me better/did more things for me than most of you guys claiming how sweet your girl is to you.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions