Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What's "The List" of countries for HappierAbroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

What's "The List" of countries for HappierAbroad?

Postby TopSpruce » April 25th, 2014, 8:38 pm

First off, lets skip the countries that are already far past their prime... its not 1995 anymore.
Next, lets focus on traditionalism and good marriages and life.

Which countries in the world are accepting of expats and what is the current "List" of countries that people go to when looking for marriage and traditional life?
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:36 am




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: What's "The List" of countries for HappierAbro

Postby fschmidt » April 25th, 2014, 8:44 pm

TopSpruce wrote:First off, lets skip the countries that are already far past their prime...

That would be all of them. Modern culture is a worldwide disaster.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: What's "The List" of countries for HappierAbro

Postby TopSpruce » April 25th, 2014, 8:55 pm

fschmidt wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:First off, lets skip the countries that are already far past their prime...

That would be all of them. Modern culture is a worldwide disaster.


Come on now, Obviously Poland is far more affected than Tajikistan.
If you look at marriage rates in the 20-24 age group, Poland is now around 20% while they used to be at 50% in 1989. Tajikistan is now at 59%. Tajikistan is down from its high of 73% in the past...but still a good place for traditional life.

Now, is Tajikistan open to foreigners? Are they accepting of outsiders enough that one would be able to integrate to some degree with them? These are tough questions.

So, whats the list of countries with traditional women that are interested or at least open to marriage with a foreigner?

Perhaps, by definition traditional cultures are closed to foreigners? If that's the case, then which traditional countries are least closed off to foreigners.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:36 am

Re: What's "The List" of countries for HappierAbro

Postby fschmidt » April 25th, 2014, 9:27 pm

TopSpruce wrote:Come on now, Obviously Poland is far more affected than Tajikistan.
If you look at marriage rates in the 20-24 age group, Poland is now around 20% while they used to be at 50% in 1989. Tajikistan is now at 59%. Tajikistan is down from its high of 73% in the past...but still a good place for traditional life.

So both are down, meaning both are past their prime.

So, whats the list of countries with traditional women that are interested or at least open to marriage with a foreigner?

I think one can find some traditional women in most countries that aren't part of the modern West. That would include all countries where the government is too corrupt to effectively enforce feminist policies.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby TopSpruce » April 25th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Fair enough, but corruption isn't everything. Ukraine is fairly corrupt but I would say its only so-so when it comes to traditional family values. Sure, marriage rate is high (39% for age 20-24 women) but childbirth rate is very low(11 per 1000) and divorce is high. So, its a place where relationships are still happening...its just that their value has been watered down.

I'm thinking of moving further out and exploring Asia or Africa.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:36 am

list

Postby TopSpruce » April 26th, 2014, 2:38 pm

1. Asian women - Philippines
2. White women - Brazil
3. Black women - Ghana, Uganda, Caribbean Islands

so, is that the list?

I know some people are explorers and go to countries that no one has ever heard of, but will they succeed? I think some countries are popular for a reason. For example, although Tajikistan is a traditional country it may be harder than the Philippines due to xenophobia or strong nationalist sentiments.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:36 am

Postby publicduende » April 26th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Tajikistan? Seriously? LOL You'd better start your mountain goat herds, as those farmers aint' gonna give their 13-yo daughters away for free :)
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Postby Jester » April 26th, 2014, 5:55 pm

Not sure why this old thread popped up, but its a great one.

TopSpruce and FSchmidt, it seems BOTH you guys have done a TON of research, so would each of you mind throwing down with your own list to restart the discussion please???

Off the top of my head:
(1) Moslem countries probably the best overall
(2) Black Africa probably the best Christian area
(3) Catholic countries and FSU collectively in 3rd place

At this particular moment in history, hot spots for White men seeking Christian non-Black women would be:
(1) Philippines
(2) Syria
(3) Ukraine
(4) Belarus
(5) Russia
(6) Peru



Also FWIW:
If going to Central Asia I believe the prettiest Asiatic girls would be in Kirghizstan, or that place Lenin's dad was from, Kalmykia. Don't know about their openness to outsiders.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby TopSpruce » April 26th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Jester wrote:Not sure why this old thread popped up, but its a great one.

TopSpruce and FSchmidt, it seems BOTH you guys have done a TON of research, so would each of you mind throwing down with your own list to restart the discussion please???

Off the top of my head:
(1) Moslem countries probably the best overall
(2) Black Africa probably the best Christian area
(3) Catholic countries and FSU collectively in 3rd place

At this particular moment in history, hot spots for White men seeking Christian non-Black women would be:
(1) Philippines
(2) Syria
(3) Ukraine
(4) Belarus
(5) Russia
(6) Peru



Also FWIW:
If going to Central Asia I believe the prettiest Asiatic girls would be in Kirghizstan, or that place Lenin's dad was from, Kalmykia. Don't know about their openness to outsiders.


All good info. Openness to outsiders is pretty important which is why I think carefully about it.
For example, Syria sounds nice but I'm not sure how welcoming they would be.
My one experience with a Syrian was with a muslim and he was outwardly friendly but not too interested in interacting. My experience with a muslim Iranian was more positive, but he was very westernized (big into parties and Ukrainian girls) so not traditional at all.

Yup, Philippines seems like it could be top one in most forums these days.

I've started looking at countries with the larges marriage age differences.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_at_first_marriage) Perhaps I can find some more up to date stats somewhere.

Armenia is another one that seems really nice (lots of traditional values) but I hear the culture is not so open to outsiders (they want Armenian bloodlines to persevere and there are very few Armenians in the world). In a country where national identity is important and there is a shortage of people, it will be harder to get accepted. In countries with very high birthrates, the surplus of people makes it easier as the society is more fluid.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:36 am

Postby publicduende » April 26th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Jester wrote:Not sure why this old thread popped up, but its a great one.


You're pure Armenian blood, right? Then shoudln't you be valued as rare stock back in Armenia? Perhaps you could arrange a trip there and reconnect to some members of your family...whom may be happy to introduce you to suitable young women. Looks simple...or am I missing something?
Last edited by publicduende on April 26th, 2014, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Not Armenian

Postby TopSpruce » April 26th, 2014, 6:51 pm

I'm not Armenian but I speak Russian. Do you think I could go and live in Armenia and find a girl for marriage there?
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 11:36 am

Re: Not Armenian

Postby publicduende » April 26th, 2014, 6:53 pm

TopSpruce wrote:I'm not Armenian but I speak Russian. Do you think I could go and live in Armenia and find a girl for marriage there?


Sorry TopSpruce. I got mixed up with Jester's reply. That statement was meant to Jester, who has at least some Armenian origins if I don't go wrong. Where are you actually from?
As many know, I am from Italy (Italian and Spanish ancestry, if one wants to go 2/300 years back in time) and have been living in the UK for some time.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Postby publicduende » April 26th, 2014, 7:11 pm

By the way, here is a revealing anecdote about the cultural setup of people from that part of the world. On my previous contract at one of the usual large investment banks in the City, one of my team mates was a young man in his mid 30s from Baku, Azerbaijan. He hadn't been in England for a very long time, only 5 or 6 years, but he was married with a woman from the same country, who was at home taking care of their young daughter.

On my first few days in the office, we would often go grab some lunch in the canteen together and had a chat. I had never met somebody from Azerbaijan and was quite curious about that culture, and since he was quite keen to share, we had a few interesting conversations about his culture, politics, lifestyle, his take on Russian/post-Soviet society etc.

One iconic conversation had was about a man's right to choose his wife as young and submissive as possible, so as to act almost as a paternal figure to her and "guide her" into her discovery of marital and family duties (including how to please her husband). Over the conversation, he would say things like "I am 33 and wouldn't mind marrying a 16 years old" (his actual wife was only a few years younger), "it's better to marry a virgin and teach her how I want to be pleased", and the likes. All was uttered with a nonchalance and a candor that did not betray anything but good intentions on his side. He was clearly speaking out loud about the way his culture reasoned about marrying.

Coincidentally, though, a young woman was eating alone a couple of tables away and she clearly had listened to our conversation in its entirety. As soon as my colleague started the part about marrying a virgin and her being as young as possible, she stood up and went away with her tray. She was halfway into eating her meal, so she clearly left the table because she felt annoyed by our conversation. A couple of days later I paid attention to the desk layout and noticed her desk was right on the side of our team spot. My colleague doesn't drink alcohol and never attend an office/team social but I did and met her on a few more occasions. Needless to say, she never talked to me and never even said hallo whenever she would cross me or my colleague. We kept on giggling and starting to call her "the feminist bitch".

Quite sad how far things have to go, in that bastion of forceful political correctness that is corporate Britain.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Postby fschmidt » April 26th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Jester wrote:TopSpruce and FSchmidt, it seems BOTH you guys have done a TON of research, so would each of you mind throwing down with your own list to restart the discussion please???

My experience is limited and dated. I don't think one can really comment on a place that one hasn't visited. From my experience in Latin America, I recommend Venezuela, Uruguay, Mexico, and rural Brazil. I haven't been to Colombia or Peru.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby droid » April 26th, 2014, 11:08 pm

publicduende wrote:Coincidentally, though, a young woman was eating alone a couple of tables away and she clearly had listened to our conversation in its entirety. As soon as my colleague started the part about marrying a virgin and her being as young as possible, she stood up and went away with her tray. She was halfway into eating her meal, so she clearly left the table because she felt annoyed by our conversation. A couple of days later I paid attention to the desk layout and noticed her desk was right on the side of our team spot. My colleague doesn't drink alcohol and never attend an office/team social but I did and met her on a few more occasions. Needless to say, she never talked to me and never even said hallo whenever she would cross me or my colleague. We kept on giggling and starting to call her "the feminist bitch".

haha awesome
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3020
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest