Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

where everyone has a job

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

where everyone has a job

Postby ph » April 27th, 2014, 4:15 am

Check out this article about places in the world where everyone has a job.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/201 ... not-exist/

Basically these are countries in which unemployment is below 1% or pretty low. QUite interesting insight. That is something that'd be nice to have in USA.

Thoughts?
ph
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Re: where everyone has a job

Postby Cornfed » April 27th, 2014, 4:25 am

Of those countries, I would say Thailand probably has genuinely low unemployment. With the others it is probably just a case of not counting the unemployed masses as being unemployed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: where everyone has a job

Postby OutWest » April 27th, 2014, 5:22 am

ph wrote:Check out this article about places in the world where everyone has a job.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/201 ... not-exist/

Basically these are countries in which unemployment is below 1% or pretty low. QUite interesting insight. That is something that'd be nice to have in USA.

Thoughts?

Perhaps there are societies where this is justified. For the USA, you have got to be kidding!
You really think that 99% of the working age population is able to perform some task of value
to others for which they should be paid? LOL In fact, I am surprised that employ is as high as it is.
In many areas, at least a third of the population- 33% are such degenerate idiots that they are essentially unemployable. I suppose if we had slave labor camps like in the Soviet Union,
"Unemployment" would be nearly zero.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Cornfed » April 27th, 2014, 5:38 am

It would be interesting to calculate the percentage of people performing useful tasks whose jobs were not being propped up by GovCorp in some way. Probably less that 10% in the West, and they would mostly be some of the lowest paid workers.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » April 28th, 2014, 5:29 am

Took me 5 minutes or so to get the list out of the damn-ad-filled pages.

Here it is:

AUSTRIA
BELARUS
CHINA
JAPAN
MONTENEGRO
TAIWAN
THAILAND
UKRAINE
VIETNAM
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions