Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Is Brazil really that bad for black guys

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Is Brazil really that bad for black guys

Postby Mr.Darcy » Thu May 01, 2014 8:14 pm

I switched my major to supply chain management and this increases my chances of getting an international job. I want to work abroad in a rising economy that has warm weather. Brazil seems ideal, but I heard it's racist and I want a white girl.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm







Postby skateboardstephen » Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Don't come to Brazil looking solely for White Women.It's better to be open to all races of Women as a Black male in Brazil.If you like White women then go to Eastern Europe or a Latin American country that is homogeneously White...like Argentina or Uruguay,but my experience with Whites from these countries have not really been good.If you are set on going to Brazil then you should look at living in the South of Brazil like the States of Rio Grande do Sul,Paraná or Santa Cantarina.These places are really White but the South of Brazil is racist.Most White Brazilian women are not going to want to have to bring you home to their parents.You'd be better off staying where you are in the U.S. if you want White women.If you are Black and don't like Black women i would even go as far as to say don't come to Brazil.Mixed race chicks even avoid Black men and prefer White men.You have to understand that Black people are viewed a certain way in Brazil and no matter how you carry yourself people are going to assume you are Brazilian,if you speak English you are a Brazilian who just learned English.They don't associate American nationality with Black people and most Brazilian women really are not all that impressed with you being an American anyway.They view Brazilian women who mess with American guys as poor,desperate,prostitutes trying to leave Brazil.Now if you are a blond haired,blue eyed,young professional White male that can afford a middle class lifestyle in Brazil then you are pretty much unstoppable.If you are a Black man and don't like Black women (which in Brazil you have to be gay if you don't like the Black women down here,because they're fine as hell and sweet) then don't come to Brazil.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby Mr.Darcy » Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 pm

damn is it that bad, you said Uruguay is bad too? I've hung out with brazilians from Sao Paulo before and they weren't racist at all.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Go for the light brown or darker Brazilian women and you'll be fine.

There are a few light skinned Brazilians who like black men.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby skateboardstephen » Thu May 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Mr.Darcy wrote:damn is it that bad, you said Uruguay is bad too? I've hung out with brazilians from Sao Paulo before and they weren't racist at all.
No one is going to admit they are a racist.White people in South America are racist period.South America is way less politically correct so Whites down here can be openly racist even on live TV they do Black face skits on variety shows or comedy shows.Most White and Mixed race Brazilian women don't want Black children because they know how Blacks are often denied opportunities and are poor in Brazil.The military police has a track record for just going up in the Favela and shooting unarmed Black boys.In their mind all Blacks are thugs.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby ElReyBoludo » Thu May 01, 2014 11:50 pm

skateboardstephen wrote:No one is going to admit they are a racist.


This is because political progressives have made it so that nobody is allowed to discuss their feelings and experiences in a frank manner without being destroyed for doing so. For even the mildest and most respectful criticism towards the black group, a white person can end up a target for lethal violence, be fired from a job and remain unemployable for life after that, be fined or jailed in some countries, have marriages, lifelong friendships and even families of origin desert them, and so on.

If we were living in Idaho in 1933, and you were an atheist...would you say so on the town green?


White people in South America are racist period.


We have our reasons. Many of us have suffered terrible things at the hands of your people. We get avoidant out of self-defense. Many of us started out quite open and tolerant, only to learn the hard way that it wasn't a good idea.


South America is way less politically correct so Whites down here can be openly racist even on live TV they do Black face skits on variety shows or comedy shows.


I'll agree with you on this much. Blackface is degrading and dehumanizing. I'm not a fan of it, and I don't participate in it.


Most White and Mixed race Brazilian women don't want Black children because they know how Blacks are often denied opportunities and are poor in Brazil.The military police has a track record for just going up in the Favela and shooting unarmed Black boys.In their mind all Blacks are thugs.



You make it sound like black Brazilians are saints who can do no wrong. Black Americans say similar things all the time, backed up constantly by guilty-white-liberal types at every turn.

Nobody ever wants to talk about the constant black violence that draws so much disproportionate police action their way in the first place. Neither does anybody talk openly about widespread anti-education trends in many black groups, which, in turn, lead directly to the lack of future prospects about which you complain here. Anti-racism crusaders simply won't allow any other viewpoint but theirs.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 am

Postby skateboardstephen » Fri May 02, 2014 1:26 am

This is because political progressives have made it so that nobody is allowed to discuss their feelings and experiences in a frank manner without being destroyed for doing so. For even the mildest and most respectful criticism towards the black group, a white person can end up a target for lethal violence, be fired from a job and remain unemployable for life after that, be fined or jailed in some countries, have marriages, lifelong friendships and even families of origin desert them, and so on.

If we were living in Idaho in 1933, and you were an atheist...would you say so on the town green?

I have nothing against intellectually honest discussions on race and Whites voicing their opinion as long as with whom I'm debating with is not insulting me and calling me racial epithets and losing their composure and causing me to loose mine thus creating conflict instead of constructive discourse.



We have our reasons. Many of us have suffered terrible things at the hands of your people. We get avoidant out of self-defense. Many of us started out quite open and tolerant, only to learn the hard way that it wasn't a good idea.
White South Americans practically have Argentina and Uruguay all to themselves.Argentina is 97% White.There are pretty much no Black people there at all.Argentina is a mess economically with high inflation,one of the weakest currencies in Latin America and also has it's share of crime.Who's to blame for this?You can't blame Blacks.I'll entertain the idea that some people may gain a negative opinion of other groups through negative experiences,but just like Whites don't like to be generalized as all racist.You can assume that with every Black person you are going to have a negative experience.


You make it sound like black Brazilians are saints who can do no wrong. Black Americans say similar things all the time, backed up constantly by guilty-white-liberal types at every turn.

Nobody ever wants to talk about the constant black violence that draws so much disproportionate police action their way in the first place. Neither does anybody talk openly about widespread anti-education trends in many black groups, which, in turn, lead directly to the lack of future prospects about which you complain here. Anti-racism crusaders simply won't allow any other viewpoint but theirs.


No one is saying that Blacks are "saints" who do no wrong.When did i say that? The young famous dancer Douglas Pereira that the military police just recently killed in Rio was unarmed,not involved with criminal activities,was unarmed and shot in the back.The same day the police shot and killed an unarmed Black male who was retarded and has never been arrested or involved in criminal activity.Are you going to seriously justify things like this?If so then you must think i deserved to be shot just for being Black.Don't put a "Liberal" label on me...that couldn't be any further from my political ideology and definitely doesn't reflect in my voting habits.(I'm American by the way)In fact I'm conservative.We do see the criminality and negative behavior in the Black communities and i don't condone nor turn a blind eye to this.I personally,work every day and earn an honest living so i don't know why you are ranting to me about this as if I'm one of the people you are talking about or as if i could do something about it.

Don't say "my people" because i know what you are implying when you say that.You are trying to affiliate me with the most negative elements of my race by default as to assassinate my character or imply a lack of integrity(but you don't personally know me). Those people you are saying are "my people" don't even see me as their people and i don't want to be seen as their people and i don't consider them a part of the Black race/community, in fact they are a disgrace to Black people and misrepresent those of us who work for a living and abide by the law.In the U.S. i was an "uncle tom" because of my "right-wing" political ideologies and because i didn't glamorize the "Thug Life",but all things aside i still see the inequality based on race and i would prefer a hand up to the Black communities not a "hand out" socialism is not in the cards for me politically either.What no one wants to talk about is the sub-par public schools that Black Brazilians are subjected to that don't prepare them for college much less to go out in the work force but we should have this discussion another time though.This thread was about... should Black men with a preference for White women go to South America and i say no,in my opinion they should not.None of these things you are talking about have anything to do with that.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby ElReyBoludo » Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 am

skateboardstephen wrote:White South Americans practically have Argentina and Uruguay all to themselves.Argentina is 97% White.


This stat actually is incorrect, or perhaps better described as outdated. Those of us of all Franco-Italian, German, Jewish or Anglo descent are now becoming a minority down there, somewhat similar to what's going on in the USA today. More and more people in the younger generations are part, or even mostly, Mapuche or of other Amerindian backgrounds. The most popular girl's name down there isn't Mara or Florencia anymore; it's Ayelén (the Mapuche equivalent of "Hope", or "Esperanza", in respective Euro languages).


There are pretty much no Black people there at all.


Afro-Argentines today number around one million, or one percent of the national population. They are descendants of the victims of Atlantic slavery, like their North American, Caribbean & Brazilian counterparts.

Argentina is a mess economically with high inflation,one of the weakest currencies in Latin America and also has it's share of crime.Who's to blame for this?You can't blame Blacks.


I don't blame black citizens; the main guilty party for that is the Italian descendants, my people. Hey, facts are facts and I don't make hypocritical exceptions for myself.


I'll entertain the idea that some people may gain a negative opinion of other groups through negative experiences,but just like Whites don't like to be generalized as all racist.You can assume that with every Black person you are going to have a negative experience.



That's technically true; but when a big majority of my experiences with one group are negative with a really high frequency, at some point, I have to admit that there's a realistic trend at work, and that my average odds are worse with that group, than they are with other groups less likely to do those things. That isn't a malicious slam against every single black individual who ever lived, just a recognition that this is a cultural group with whom there are likely to be clashes. I'm not exactly smirking about that, either; if anything, I find it depressing for both groups' respective sakes.


No one is saying that Blacks are "saints" who do no wrong.When did i say that?


You don't have to say it outright. When, over time, you hear a constant similar pattern of black individual people each complaining the same thing about white persecution keeping the group down, and white cops being these bloodthirsty racist fascists and so forth, it starts to sound one-sided. It sounds that way because virtually nobody black ever wants to acknowledge their side of that equation- the violent crime percentages on average- without being pressed to do so. What you're more likely to hear, is just generalized blame toward the white side. To hear the black side tell it all, those white cops are just storming around random black neighborhoods, killing innocent kids at random. People from countries far overseas actually have told me that they believe that. Nobody wants to address the part about the drug pushers, rapists, murderers, etc., from that neighborhood whose crimes drew the cops out to the area in the first place. That part gets dismissed as racist lies, when it's not.

The young famous dancer Douglas Pereira that the military police just recently killed in Rio was unarmed,not involved with criminal activities,was unarmed and shot in the back.The same day the police shot and killed an unarmed Black male who was retarded and has never been arrested or involved in criminal activity.Are you going to seriously justify things like this?


Nope, I don't support that. Any cop who shoots down an unarmed and innocent man, deserves the death penalty. Such a policeman is a murderer and criminal himself.


If so then you must think i deserved to be shot just for being Black.


Nobody deserves to be shot or falsely accused just for being black; but nobody deserves to be raped or beaten to death just for being white, either. This is the crux of the tensions- the one-sided acknowledgment of these things so prevalent out there today.

Don't put a "Liberal" label on me...that couldn't be any further from my political ideology and definitely doesn't reflect in my voting habits.(I'm American by the way)In fact I'm conservative.We do see the criminality and negative behavior in the Black communities and i don't condone nor turn a blind eye to this.I personally,work every day and earn an honest living so i don't know why you are ranting to me about this as if I'm one of the people you are talking about or as if i could do something about it.


My prior post wasn't actually intended as a rant or a personal insult, just a frank statement of my thoughts and experiences on the topic. I am not even particularly angry about this stuff, and I don't walk around hating the guts of every random black stranger walking down the sidewalk. I just speak bluntly about the subject here on HA, because this is one of the few places where I can do so without being put in serious jeopardy just for speaking this stuff aloud. That, by the way, is why I dislike a lot of zboy's banning decisions- because, in a place chilled by PC codes, you can't have the kind of climate where this stuff even can get approached intelligently.

Don't say "my people" because i know what you are implying when you say that.You are trying to affiliate me with the most negative elements of my race by default as to assassinate my character or imply a lack of integrity(but you don't personally know me). Those people you are saying are "my people" don't even see me as their people and i don't want to be seen as their people and i don't consider them a part of the Black race/community, in fact they are a disgrace to Black people and misrepresent those of us who work for a living and abide by the law.In the U.S. i was an "uncle tom" because of my "right-wing" political ideologies and because i didn't glamorize the "Thug Life",but all things aside i still see the inequality based on race and i would prefer a hand up to the Black communities not a "hand out" socialism is not in the cards for me politically either.What no one wants to talk about is the sub-par public schools that Black Brazilians are subjected to that don't prepare them for college much less to go out in the work force but we should have this discussion another time though.This thread was about... should Black men with a preference for White women go to South America and i say no,in my opinion they should not.None of these things you are talking about have anything to do with that.


Nope, again, my intention is not what you thought that it was- when I say "your people", I say it literally, and nothing further. If you are black, and self-ID as black, then the black group is your people; simple as that. Absolutely no supremacism was connoted; in fact, I'll state to clarify for the record here, that I am non-WN, and am not saying these criticisms from a genetics perspective.

Further, I do recognize positive black people and achievements. I work as a pro musician, and I would have to be an absolute clinical psychotic if I denied the great black contributions to the art. I don't say any of this stuff with a smirk on my face, believe me. It's just that, from what I've experienced (and I am traveled, not a "country redneck" type at the individual level), you guys are very much outnumbered and drowned out by the negative. In the USA, it's worst of all; and even the "talented tenth" types tend to be blanket anti-white, mega-liberal, and resentful, leaving no common ground there to open up something more positive between the two. What can I say when accused, for one example, of "racist micro-aggressions" for complimenting a jazz tune or a hairdo? :roll: The hostility is often thick enough in the air to slice with a knife.

For all of these reasons, over a long stretch of multiple decades, I finally got to the max-out point, started getting tired of it, and had to walk away. It just wasn't worth it to continue staying open to dealing with a group of people who (generally, but overwhelmingly true) either meant my group active harm, or, at best, had little in common with us and didn't like us much.

Mix in the Anglo/Jewish liberals' endless "diversity" schemes forcing us on top of each other like sardines in a can, and the result is fatigue and resentment- either that, or the desire to walk away and be free of the ordeals.

You can call me any name in the book except dishonest- I tell this stuff as I live it, and only say what I mean literally. I don't do "dog-whistles" or veiled code-words; but I don't do canned apologies and backtracking, either.

Anyway, if you'd rather end the discussion or take it to another thread, it's your call. I've spoken my considered opinion already, and have no desire for it to turn personal or nasty, either. You guys were saying originally, that most S. Americans are just a bunch of white racists, full stop. I responded with the counterpoint.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 am

Postby ElReyBoludo » Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 am

skateboardstephen wrote:White South Americans practically have Argentina and Uruguay all to themselves.Argentina is 97% White.


This stat actually is incorrect, or perhaps better described as outdated. Those of us of all Franco-Italian, German, Jewish or Anglo descent are now becoming a minority down there, somewhat similar to what's going on in the USA today. More and more people in the younger generations are part, or even mostly, Mapuche or of other Amerindian backgrounds. The most popular girl's name down there isn't Mara or Florencia anymore; it's Ayelén (the Mapuche equivalent of "Hope", or "Esperanza", in respective Euro languages).


There are pretty much no Black people there at all.


Afro-Argentines today number around one million, or one percent of the national population. They are descendants of the victims of Atlantic slavery, like their North American, Caribbean & Brazilian counterparts.

Argentina is a mess economically with high inflation,one of the weakest currencies in Latin America and also has it's share of crime.Who's to blame for this?You can't blame Blacks.


I don't blame black citizens; the main guilty party for that is the Italian descendants, my people. Hey, facts are facts and I don't make hypocritical exceptions for myself.


I'll entertain the idea that some people may gain a negative opinion of other groups through negative experiences,but just like Whites don't like to be generalized as all racist.You can assume that with every Black person you are going to have a negative experience.



That's technically true; but when a big majority of my experiences with one group are negative with a really high frequency, at some point, I have to admit that there's a realistic trend at work, and that my average odds are worse with that group, than they are with other groups less likely to do those things. That isn't a malicious slam against every single black individual who ever lived, just a recognition that this is a cultural group with whom there are likely to be clashes. I'm not exactly smirking about that, either; if anything, I find it depressing for both groups' respective sakes.


No one is saying that Blacks are "saints" who do no wrong.When did i say that?


You don't have to say it outright. When, over time, you hear a constant similar pattern of black individual people each complaining the same thing about white persecution keeping the group down, and white cops being these bloodthirsty racist fascists and so forth, it starts to sound one-sided. It sounds that way because virtually nobody black ever wants to acknowledge their side of that equation- the violent crime percentages on average- without being pressed to do so. What you're more likely to hear, is just generalized blame toward the white side. To hear the black side tell it all, those white cops are just storming around random black neighborhoods, killing innocent kids at random. People from countries far overseas actually have told me that they believe that. Nobody wants to address the part about the drug pushers, rapists, murderers, etc., from that neighborhood whose crimes drew the cops out to the area in the first place. That part gets dismissed as racist lies, when it's not.

The young famous dancer Douglas Pereira that the military police just recently killed in Rio was unarmed,not involved with criminal activities,was unarmed and shot in the back.The same day the police shot and killed an unarmed Black male who was retarded and has never been arrested or involved in criminal activity.Are you going to seriously justify things like this?


Nope, I don't support that. Any cop who shoots down an unarmed and innocent man, deserves the death penalty. Such a policeman is a murderer and criminal himself.


If so then you must think i deserved to be shot just for being Black.


Nobody deserves to be shot or falsely accused just for being black; but nobody deserves to be raped or beaten to death just for being white, either. This is the crux of the tensions- the one-sided acknowledgment of these things so prevalent out there today.

Don't put a "Liberal" label on me...that couldn't be any further from my political ideology and definitely doesn't reflect in my voting habits.(I'm American by the way)In fact I'm conservative.We do see the criminality and negative behavior in the Black communities and i don't condone nor turn a blind eye to this.I personally,work every day and earn an honest living so i don't know why you are ranting to me about this as if I'm one of the people you are talking about or as if i could do something about it.


My prior post wasn't actually intended as a rant or a personal insult, just a frank statement of my thoughts and experiences on the topic. I am not even particularly angry about this stuff, and I don't walk around hating the guts of every random black stranger walking down the sidewalk. I just speak bluntly about the subject here on HA, because this is one of the few places where I can do so without being put in serious jeopardy just for speaking this stuff aloud. That, by the way, is why I dislike a lot of zboy's banning decisions- because, in a place chilled by PC codes, you can't have the kind of climate where this stuff even can get approached intelligently.

Don't say "my people" because i know what you are implying when you say that.You are trying to affiliate me with the most negative elements of my race by default as to assassinate my character or imply a lack of integrity(but you don't personally know me). Those people you are saying are "my people" don't even see me as their people and i don't want to be seen as their people and i don't consider them a part of the Black race/community, in fact they are a disgrace to Black people and misrepresent those of us who work for a living and abide by the law.In the U.S. i was an "uncle tom" because of my "right-wing" political ideologies and because i didn't glamorize the "Thug Life",but all things aside i still see the inequality based on race and i would prefer a hand up to the Black communities not a "hand out" socialism is not in the cards for me politically either.What no one wants to talk about is the sub-par public schools that Black Brazilians are subjected to that don't prepare them for college much less to go out in the work force but we should have this discussion another time though.This thread was about... should Black men with a preference for White women go to South America and i say no,in my opinion they should not.None of these things you are talking about have anything to do with that.


Nope, again, my intention is not what you thought that it was- when I say "your people", I say it literally, and nothing further. If you are black, and self-ID as black, then the black group is your people; simple as that. Absolutely no supremacism was connoted; in fact, I'll state to clarify for the record here, that I am non-WN, and am not saying these criticisms from a genetics perspective.

Further, I do recognize positive black people and achievements. I work as a pro musician, and I would have to be an absolute clinical psychotic if I denied the great black contributions to the art. I don't say any of this stuff with a smirk on my face, believe me. It's just that, from what I've experienced (and I am traveled, not a "country redneck" type at the individual level), you guys are very much outnumbered and drowned out by the negative. In the USA, it's worst of all; and even the "talented tenth" types tend to be blanket anti-white, mega-liberal, and resentful, leaving no common ground there to open up something more positive between the two. What can I say when accused, for one example, of "racist micro-aggressions" for complimenting a jazz tune or a hairdo? :roll: The hostility is often thick enough in the air to slice with a knife- and this was among the high-achieving black communities with whom I've interacted. You don't want to know what I've seen, heard, and just barely escaped with my physical safety intact, whilst living poor, disabled and white-toned/mistaken for Anglo, in a US hood.

For all of these reasons, over a long stretch of multiple decades, I finally got to the max-out point, started getting tired of it, and had to walk away. It just wasn't worth it to continue staying open to dealing with a group of people who (generally, but overwhelmingly true) either meant my group active harm, or, at best, had little in common with us and didn't like us much.

Mix in the Anglo/Jewish liberals' endless "diversity" schemes forcing us on top of each other like sardines in a can, and the result is fatigue and resentment- either that, or the desire to walk away and be free of the ordeals.

You can call me any name in the book except dishonest- I tell this stuff as I live it, and only say what I mean literally. I don't do "dog-whistles" or veiled code-words; but I don't do canned apologies and backtracking, either.

Anyway, if you'd rather end the discussion or take it to another thread, it's your call. I've spoken my considered opinion already, and have no desire for it to turn personal or nasty, either- waste of time.

You guys were saying originally, that most S. Americans are just a bunch of white racists, full stop. I responded with the counterpoint.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 am

Postby zboy1 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 pm

ElReyBoludo, why are you seemingly fighting with every member of HA? Please calm down...(count this as a warning!)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby SilverEnergy » Fri May 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Like blacks are the only ones who commit crimes in latin america.

Many of those light skinned latinos are just supremacists who don't realize that they had jet black African ancestors.

Skateboardstephen, forget these racist latinos, like their white masters, they will justify their racism and will many times be more racist than whites themselves.

The racist portuguese and spaniards spread their racist views when they conquered latin america centuries ago.

Even white racists will treat you nicer than racist latinos.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby djeanp7898 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Been to Brazil 3 times in the past year and I agree that most Brazilian white women behave exactly like their white American counterparts. I was pretty much ignored by all the white women there. These experiences have made me sour on white women everywhere.

Couple this with the fact that you rarely see black people on TV (except in sports or on the news) and you'll see exactly how Brazil feels about black people.
djeanp7898
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:04 am

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 02, 2014 7:36 pm

I have a theory about white racism.

If you factor out the educational & socioeconomic limiting factors, which causes one to become jealous or embittered, the closer a white person is to being *British* or leaning towards some British heritage, either through military or family background, the less racist he is towards blacks and other ethnicities in general.

Then, as one moves out, esp towards near eastern cultures, like Slavic, Greek, Armenian, Iranian, Arabic, etc, the bigotry towards blacks increases, as a result of feeling left out in the modern world's power plays. And thus, to make themselves feel better, they take it out on black ppl as being less than them. And this type of bigotry intensifies with educational and financial opportunities.

I believe what's happened was that the British Empire was dubbed the so-called *civilizer-pacifiers* of the modern world, despite its empire, having rotted away for much of the 20th century with the US picking up the slack towards the final decades. Many Anglos unconsciously feel that way and thus, adopt a more tolerant attitude towards others because at some point in near-term history, they were the role models for everyone else.

On the other hand, I believe that the Spanish descended whites in Latin America have adopted an attitude of needing to prove themselves to the Anglo-American empire (NATO aegis in modern terms) and thus, have retained a sense of racial colonialistic power over blacks and native Indian cultures on the continent. I believe this is akin to the pre-Civil War plantation owners where their wealth was defined by owning slaves and land, as oppose to industrial patents and factories.

Even my dad, possibly the most paranoid and delusional person out there, wasn't a racist. For him, he was a huge fan of Lew Alcindor when he was playing for UCLA but rejected him as a traitor, after he'd changed his identity to Kareem Abdul Jabbar, after a championship, because my dad associates vocal Islamic converts with communism (it's a lengthy chain of cause & events there :roll:). He also dislikes Cat Stevens for the same reason. In fact, he seems to think that many, who don't agree with him, are communists but because he's comfortable with what the British Empire had left to the world, he doesn't see blacks as very different from whites. Given the fact that his personality had driven away many friends, he's still friends with some of his black comrades from his days in the armed forces.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby Mr.Darcy » Fri May 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Okay Brazil is bad, Is France good?
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Postby Cornfed » Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 pm

S_Parc wrote:I have a theory about white racism.

If you factor out the educational & socioeconomic limiting factors, which causes one to become jealous or embittered, the closer a white person is to being *British* or leaning towards some British heritage, either through military or family background, the less racist he is towards blacks and other ethnicities in general.

A simpler theory might be that the more they have to live near certain races/subspecies, the more "racist" they are towards them.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests