Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Airbus A380

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Airbus A380

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat May 03, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm planning my next trip, and what I'm most excited about is I get to fly on the new Airbus A380! Now I feel most safe on a good ole Boeing 747, but getting to fly on the largest passenger jet aircraft is sure going to be exciting!

Anybody here ever fly on the Airbus A380?

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby droid » Sun May 04, 2014 12:26 am

I saw it parked next to my plane in the Madrid airport; Quite the behemoth.
It's hard to believe air alone can lift that thing.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Re: Airbus A380

Postby Halwick » Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 am

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I'm planning my next trip, and what I'm most excited about is I get to fly on the new Airbus A380! Now I feel most safe on a good ole Boeing 747, but getting to fly on the largest passenger jet aircraft is sure going to be exciting!

Congratulations, and yes it should be exciting. What airline and airport are you flying out of and to?
Do you know whether you will be on the upper deck or lower deck? If on the upper deck, you'll find yourself much higher above the runway compared to a 747. Also the upper deck should be quieter due to being further away from the jet engines than the lower deck.

It's amazing that an airplane weighing more than a million pounds can fly.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Postby publicduende » Mon May 05, 2014 6:39 am

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I'm planning my next trip, and what I'm most excited about is I get to fly on the new Airbus A380! Now I feel most safe on a good ole Boeing 747, but getting to fly on the largest passenger jet aircraft is sure going to be exciting!

Which airline are you flying with? I have been on an A380 a few times, all with Emirates. They have a very decent Economy+ class, all on the lower deck, while the upper is meant for business class (Dubai standard, so I can only imagine the luxury and decadence). I know Etihad and Singapore Airlines have them in their fleets. How exciting and "different" your flight is, as Halwick said, whether you get to board on the lower or upper deck (with a window view) and what facilities the airline has installed on his model. Emirates had a top-class entertainment system, there was a charging point and a USB port on each seat and seat width and pitch were comfortable enough not to have circulation problems at the end of the flight.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby fightforlove » Tue May 06, 2014 5:21 pm

I still love the A340:

Such a graceful airplane.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Tue May 06, 2014 5:28 pm

I still love the 767-300 that took me to Frankfurt on my first leg of the trip to being happy in Vilnius :D and who could forget the A319 that got me there.

I do love airplanes but to be honest in my transition to life abroad it didn't matter to me which airplane I flew as long as it got me to my destination :wink:
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 pm

droid wrote:I saw it parked next to my plane in the Madrid airport; Quite the behemoth.
It's hard to believe air alone can lift that thing.

Yea, I know what you mean. I can't wait to see the A380.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue May 06, 2014 10:21 pm

fightforlove wrote:I still love the A340:

Such a graceful airplane.

She is a beauty!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 pm

publicduende wrote:

Which airline are you flying with? I have been on an A380 a few times, all with Emirates. They have a very decent Economy+ class, all on the lower deck, while the upper is meant for business class (Dubai standard, so I can only imagine the luxury and decadence). I know Etihad and Singapore Airlines have them in their fleets. How exciting and "different" your flight is, as Halwick said, whether you get to board on the lower or upper deck (with a window view) and what facilities the airline has installed on his model. Emirates had a top-class entertainment system, there was a charging point and a USB port on each seat and seat width and pitch were comfortable enough not to have circulation problems at the end of the flight.

Halwick wrote:Congratulations, and yes it should be exciting. What airline and airport are you flying out of and to?
Do you know whether you will be on the upper deck or lower deck?
If on the upper deck, you'll find yourself much higher above the runway compared to a 747. Also the upper deck should be quieter due to being further away from the jet engines than the lower deck.

It's amazing that an airplane weighing more than a million pounds can fly.

Yep, same airline so far. Emirates. Though, I have about 3 more weeks to purchase my ticket so things might change. I'm actually doing a multi destination trip. The trip is: 1. Ethiopia 2. Egypt 3. Back to Thailand!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed May 07, 2014 7:05 pm

I used to like the A321 as it seems to have the most powerful takeoff of any plane I've flown in.

Cathay Pacific have had the best seats for long haul, but I've also enjoyed flying on Virgin Atlantic - they stuff you up with food.

I now live next to the UK's second busiest airport and I've now seen two aborted landings and one pretty rough landing.

When your plane's 100 feet off the ground and the pilot has to abort - that's when they earn their salary.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby starchild5 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Its a joke on our very existence ....I hate travelling on Plane ..Its so slow..and deep inside my mind I know, they are suppressing the real technology like saucers, Jump Room, Worm Hole planes etc where by I can reach Philippines from my Home in 10 seconds maximum.

Yes. They have technology right now that can travel to any corner on the planet in seconds.

AirBus 380 is another lolly pop to humanity, a bigger cage but its still so damn slowwwwww

I always have this dream...while I'm on Airbus 380 looking over the sky from the window thinking A380 is such a big plane, so much luxury and leg room...humanity is reaching stars...and then this UFO zips past me and a grey Alien shows his Middle finger ....and saying Adious ....see you in The Philippines ....before you reach...we would have manipulated your surroundings so much to give you maximum frustation :evil:
starchild5
Experienced Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 pm

starchild5 wrote:Its a joke on our very existence ....I hate travelling on Plane ..Its so slow..and deep inside my mind I know, they are suppressing the real technology like saucers, Jump Room, Worm Hole planes etc where by I can reach Philippines from my Home in 10 seconds maximum.

Yes. They have technology right now that can travel to any corner on the planet in seconds.

AirBus 380 is another lolly pop to humanity, a bigger cage but its still so damn slowwwwww

I always have this dream...while I'm on Airbus 380 looking over the sky from the window thinking A380 is such a big plane, so much luxury and leg room...humanity is reaching stars...and then this UFO zips past me and a grey Alien shows his Middle finger ....and saying Adious ....see you in The Philippines ....before you reach...we would have manipulated your surroundings so much to give you maximum frustation :evil:

In the old old days at least 90% of the population on earth were trapped in the area wherever they were born. Yes, there were migrations, but people traveled very slowly and people died along the way.

By the 1800's it took months by boat to reach a detestation and that was still gamble with your life and you had to be able to afford the ticket.

Today, the common man can travel anywhere and it only takes 12 (+or -) hours max to reach any destination and you're traveling in comfort with no real worry of putting your own life in danger.

As far as the A380, yes, it's big and "slow" compared to other swept wing jet aircraft, but the whole point of the A380 is to pack on as many people as you can which decreases ticket prices and increases the profit for the airline companies.

The fastest highest flying passenger jet aircraft was the Concorde (delta wing), but it failed to be profitable for airline companies because it could only carry around 120 or so passengers at 8- 10k a ticket so very few people could afford to fly in it, in addition to the Concorde being restricted to very few routes because it was so loud.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions