Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


US Airlines Are Whining About Foreign Carriers airlines.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



ntm1972
Freshman Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: January 8th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Location: North America

Post by ntm1972 » May 5th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Let them whine, and we'll see if they want some cheese with that.

Step up to the plate and VASTLY improve your service, or get used to getting your a** kicked.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up on Emirates Airlines, Johnny!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » May 6th, 2014, 12:23 am

ntm1972 wrote:Let them whine, and we'll see if they want some cheese with that.

Step up to the plate and VASTLY improve your service, or get used to getting your a** kicked.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up on Emirates Airlines, Johnny!
+1
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 6th, 2014, 1:29 am

The beauty of foreign stewardesses is enough to make me want to fly on foreign airlines

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
Posts: 756
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil
Contact:

Post by skateboardstephen » May 6th, 2014, 1:32 am

Hero wrote:The beauty of foreign stewardesses is enough to make me want to fly on foreign airlines
I flew a foreign Airline to Brazil.The Airline was Panamanian and they had some fine Black Panamanian stewardess and they kept the liquor and food coming,it was nice.I got drunk on that plane.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 6th, 2014, 1:56 am

I remember staying in a hotel in Miami near the airport. There were a lot of foreign airline crews staying there. Watching those Latin American stewardesses made me think I'd died and gone to Heaven.

S_Parc
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2425
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Post by S_Parc » May 6th, 2014, 2:38 am

I think Singapore Airlines was the first, who set the standards for high end service and cute flight attendants.

Image

Then soon afterwards, the rest of the world, sans Uncle Sam, caught up with 'em.

If anything, domestic carriers: US West, United, & American should be called Shank-Air. I think the last time I saw a cute all Yankee staff was on Northwest Air, now about 20 years ago :roll: Afterwards, it was like 'Who Let the Dogs Out' :shock:
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

***JP***
Freshman Poster
Posts: 439
Joined: September 3rd, 2011, 1:50 pm
Location: Living happier abroad in Lithuania

Post by ***JP*** » May 6th, 2014, 3:24 am

I flew with Condor Flugdienst to Frankfurt when leaving the US and to be honest their service was way better than US Airways any day and usually I flew on US Airways to Frankfurt. In that German airline I flew I paid much less than on an American carrier and the service was much much better too.

S_Parc
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2425
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Post by S_Parc » May 6th, 2014, 3:44 am

***JP*** wrote:I flew with Condor Flugdienst to Frankfurt when leaving the US and to be honest their service was way better than US Airways any day and usually I flew on US Airways to Frankfurt. In that German airline I flew I paid much less than on an American carrier and the service was much much better too.
Thank goodness that I only flew US Airways between Boston and NYC, since one doesn't need much service for a 30 min flight time.

Seriously, that's not an airline by any global standards. It's like traveling in the storage unit of a FedEx cargo plane.

If you travel internationally, I think United Airlines (which is kinda average, BTW), is America's only global airline, since they usually have staff, shared between partner nations esp in overseas trips.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

***JP***
Freshman Poster
Posts: 439
Joined: September 3rd, 2011, 1:50 pm
Location: Living happier abroad in Lithuania

Post by ***JP*** » May 6th, 2014, 5:32 am

S_Parc wrote:
***JP*** wrote:I flew with Condor Flugdienst to Frankfurt when leaving the US and to be honest their service was way better than US Airways any day and usually I flew on US Airways to Frankfurt. In that German airline I flew I paid much less than on an American carrier and the service was much much better too.
Thank goodness that I only flew US Airways between Boston and NYC, since one doesn't need much service for a 30 min flight time.

Seriously, that's not an airline by any global standards. It's like traveling in the storage unit of a FedEx cargo plane.

If you travel internationally, I think United Airlines (which is kinda average, BTW), is America's only global airline, since they usually have staff, shared between partner nations esp in overseas trips.

Well previous times when I flew them they had the best prices for crossing the atlantic but then when I found out Condor Flugdienst started flying to my home town I gave them a try and to be honest no regrets cause the service was good and it was a direct flight to Frankfurt instead of making a connection in Philadelphia.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”