Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why isn't South America more popular for Americans?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why isn't South America more popular for Americans?

Postby johny_quest » Sat May 17, 2014 12:25 am

...seeking a foreign wife? East Asian countries like the phillipines are the most popular destinations, but that's very far away for you americans, making for a very expensive and time-consuming endeavor. I'm bound for the phillipines because getting there is cheap and convenient for me, being so close to aus. However if I lived in the US, I'm pretty sure I would forget about Asia and set my sights on either Mexico or somewhere in SA like Brazil, Venezuela or Colombia. Perhaps even the Caribbean. Women in SA are generally more physically attractive than filipinas, while sharing similar religious values (roman catholicism). I just wanted to know why SA, given its much closer proximity to America, isn't more popular on this forum. It is because of crime, language barrier, preference for asians, or some other reasons?
johny_quest
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm







Postby ladislav » Sat May 17, 2014 1:03 am

Having an Oriental wife means higher status than having a Latina. Many Americans sees Latinos are illegal immigrants. A cute China doll is seen as something exotic.

Rich Latinos also don't like non-Spanish speakers and also, without Spanish it's very hard in L.A. Most Americans don't speak Spanish.

Having said all that, Colombian mail order bride industry is booming.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby johny_quest » Sat May 17, 2014 1:18 am

ladislav wrote:Having an Oriental wife means higher status than having a Latina. Many Americans sees Latinos are illegal immigrants. A cute China doll is seen as something exotic.


I didn't realize that, but it makes sense. I guess it would be the same as a white aussie guy marrying an aboriginal woman. It very rarely happens. Even though there's some decent looking (half-cast) abo women, you would never see a respectable white guy dating one of them. Even being seen with one of them would lower your status and cause people to categorize you as white trash, because the only white guys you see with abo women are unemployed bogans who are living on welfare.
johny_quest
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Postby S_Parc » Sat May 17, 2014 1:30 am

johny_quest wrote:
ladislav wrote:Having an Oriental wife means higher status than having a Latina. Many Americans sees Latinos are illegal immigrants. A cute China doll is seen as something exotic.


I didn't realize that, but it makes sense. I guess it would be the same as a white aussie guy marrying an aboriginal woman. It very rarely happens. Even though there's some decent looking (half-cast) abo women, you would never see a respectable white guy dating one of them. Even being seen with one of them would lower your status and cause people to categorize you as white trash, because the only white guys you see with abo women are unemployed bogans who are living on welfare.


It's a bit different here than in Oz. The US is currently going through a type of linguistic/culture war between English and Spanish speakers.

So there's a weird contradiction in place, since famous Latin women like Sofia Vergara, Selma Hayek, & Jennifer Lopez are considered very attractive physically, to many ppl in the country. However, if these women were not South American but let's say Italian, Greek, or Slavic, they would be categorized as 'white' and sweeped up by all the aristocrats in this country, as their movie star GFs.

So it's not the same as aboriginals, as the only thing holding back these A-list women is the Spanish language heritage and nothing else.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby Winston » Sat May 17, 2014 4:08 am

ladislav wrote:Having an Oriental wife means higher status than having a Latina. Many Americans sees Latinos are illegal immigrants. A cute China doll is seen as something exotic.

Rich Latinos also don't like non-Spanish speakers and also, without Spanish it's very hard in L.A. Most Americans don't speak Spanish.

Having said all that, Colombian mail order bride industry is booming.


Even hot Latinas are considered lower class?

Well Filipinas are seen as lower class too. How come Philippines is more popular with expats than Latin America?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Jester » Sat May 17, 2014 4:49 am

ladislav wrote:
Having an Oriental wife means higher status than having a Latina. Many Americans sees Latinos are illegal immigrants. A cute China doll is seen as something exotic.
....Most Americans don't speak Spanish.



YUP. More English is spoken in Asia. And if she's Mexican, you
might have married the maid.

Winston wrote:
Well Filipinas are seen as lower class too. How come Philippines is more popular with expats than Latin America?



THIS is the question.

English language is the ONLY reason I can see.
OK, maybe the way young Filipinas are quite forward with older men - that too.

Anything else?

On the side of LA, you have
--proximity (northern area)
--your mom might visit someday (northern area)
--nearly the same time zones (for business)
--meat (southern area and colombia)
--edible food
--decent climates
--survive nuclear war (southern area)
--automobiles
--a future for your kids, in case they want to be engineers, pilots, architects, etc.
--internet you can do business on (in some areas) with low "latency" to US
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby TopSpruce » Sun May 18, 2014 12:03 am

If you lool at Roosh V forum you can see why Latina America is popular, but no the only place. The better looking latin girls are upper class and avoid gringos. The lower class South american indian native women are not so attractive.

Also, the stats are not good-lool at birth rate, marriage age, etc. Except for central America with its high crime rates, Latin america is not as traditional when it comes to gender roles and dating/marriage.

Regarding the future of your kids... Asia is the future of the world economy. Even the Philippines will become an economic powerhouse. Asia has a much bigger population and bigger economy.

Finally, Latin culture is high energy, violent, and emotional. Asia is better for those who prefer introverted, respectful, and peaceful culture.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Postby Maverick » Sun May 18, 2014 12:24 am

Personally, I prefer Asians (especially Filipinas) because I find them more attractive, I'm more interested in their culture, I'm awful at learning new languages (I have a lot of trouble picking languages up compared to some people I've met, for some reason), and I tend to be a bit hot-headed. (and, no, I don't really believe the stereotype that Asian women are always very laid back, but they're certainly more laid back than Latinas, in general).

I may check out Latin America too, but Asia (specifically the Philippines) is first on my list.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby Jonny Law » Sun May 18, 2014 1:56 am

I guess most everyone here has an Asian fe*ish here. I believe that is a good thing. The couples latin-white do seem to be very affectionate and happy together in public places. I was dating a girl I met in the Dominican Republic she left me for one of her own nationality in Miami before we got married. And it is a lot more difficult for me to meet girls from Asia because of the distance. But I also have to admit that I do like Asian girls a lot.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Postby Maverick » Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 am

TopSpruce wrote:If you lool at Roosh V forum you can see why Latina America is popular, but no the only place. The better looking latin girls are upper class and avoid gringos. The lower class South american indian native women are not so attractive.

Also, the stats are not good-lool at birth rate, marriage age, etc. Except for central America with its high crime rates, Latin america is not as traditional when it comes to gender roles and dating/marriage.

Regarding the future of your kids... Asia is the future of the world economy. Even the Philippines will become an economic powerhouse. Asia has a much bigger population and bigger economy.

Finally, Latin culture is high energy, violent, and emotional. Asia is better for those who prefer introverted, respectful, and peaceful culture.


The bolded is another reason. I also believe that Asian countries will become the new economic powers and will replace whites at the top of the food chain. In my opinion, it will be extremely beneficial to have Asian lineage in the not-so-distant future.

But when I say that, I mean mostly countries like China, Japan, Korea, and India. I'm curious as to why you think Philippines will be a powerhouse. Care to elaborate?
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby TopSpruce » Sun May 18, 2014 4:07 am

Maverick wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:If you lool at Roosh V forum you can see why Latina America is popular, but no the only place. The better looking latin girls are upper class and avoid gringos. The lower class South american indian native women are not so attractive.

Also, the stats are not good-lool at birth rate, marriage age, etc. Except for central America with its high crime rates, Latin america is not as traditional when it comes to gender roles and dating/marriage.

Regarding the future of your kids... Asia is the future of the world economy. Even the Philippines will become an economic powerhouse. Asia has a much bigger population and bigger economy.

Finally, Latin culture is high energy, violent, and emotional. Asia is better for those who prefer introverted, respectful, and peaceful culture.


The bolded is another reason. I also believe that Asian countries will become the new economic powers and will replace whites at the top of the food chain. In my opinion, it will be extremely beneficial to have Asian lineage in the not-so-distant future.

But when I say that, I mean mostly countries like China, Japan, Korea, and India. I'm curious as to why you think Philippines will be a powerhouse. Care to elaborate?




On the verge of an Economic Boom
http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2014/05 ... nomic-boom

HSBC predicts Philippines will be one of the top Economies in the World by 2050
http://www.royalgazette.com/article/201 ... /140509762
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Postby johny_quest » Sun May 18, 2014 4:36 am

TopSpruce wrote:
Maverick wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:If you lool at Roosh V forum you can see why Latina America is popular, but no the only place. The better looking latin girls are upper class and avoid gringos. The lower class South american indian native women are not so attractive.

Also, the stats are not good-lool at birth rate, marriage age, etc. Except for central America with its high crime rates, Latin america is not as traditional when it comes to gender roles and dating/marriage.

Regarding the future of your kids... Asia is the future of the world economy. Even the Philippines will become an economic powerhouse. Asia has a much bigger population and bigger economy.

Finally, Latin culture is high energy, violent, and emotional. Asia is better for those who prefer introverted, respectful, and peaceful culture.


The bolded is another reason. I also believe that Asian countries will become the new economic powers and will replace whites at the top of the food chain. In my opinion, it will be extremely beneficial to have Asian lineage in the not-so-distant future.

But when I say that, I mean mostly countries like China, Japan, Korea, and India. I'm curious as to why you think Philippines will be a powerhouse. Care to elaborate?




On the verge of an Economic Boom
http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2014/05 ... nomic-boom

HSBC predicts Philippines will be one of the top Economies in the World by 2050
http://www.royalgazette.com/article/201 ... /140509762


Well if these predictions come true, then I guess the phillipines will no longer be a dating paradise for men. The filipinas will become as entitled and bitchy as western women.
johny_quest
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Good question

Postby bambam » Sun May 18, 2014 5:59 am

Im Mexican boy

I guess many US people look down on latinos because of immigration issues so they don't want us. Also they blame us for drugs issues and other crimes, so we have pretty bad reputation in the US so probably that's why US men aren't very interested on latin women. A white US guy dating a latin girl would look like hey this white man is betraying the US because he is befriending the enemy, sort of, I guess...

I been in Cancun and once I met a hot Brazilian girl and a Mexican and Colombian attractive girls. We became friends. There plenty of US guys and girls also. But there seems to be some segregation. US boys go to bed with US girls while Latino boys go to bed with Latinas girls.

I tell you, we were discussing this issue. I tested the Brazilian girl and told her "hey look at that US guy, he is tall, blond, blue eyed, he is in good shape, he has some muscles here and there, and looks handsome, isn't he? And he is looking at you, I guess he likes you" Then she replied totally uninterested "Oh well, maybe but those american boys think we Brazilians are sluts, they treat us like prostitutes" I told her how do you know, you don't know that particular guy, you shouldn't speak if you don't know him. "Oh, well I know US guys, believe me"

Then I asked the Colombian girl, what do you think? She told me "you know I met a UK guy, he is certainly handsome and very attentive and a real gentleman, I met him yesterday at a night club and he is around here in this same hotel" Then I told him "then, go for it, you may spend a good time with him". She replied "Oh well, I might do that, but no, cause you know, those UK guys are boring and cold and they have cold water instead of blood running through their veins.

Oh well, girls, I told them, you came here to have fun, so you should try to be friendly and make friends from all over the world. They remained uninterested.

Soon after US boys were having fun with plenty of white hot american girls around the pool.

I was left with these three latin girls. I didn't go to bed with any of them (I wish I could tell you I did but it didn't happen) but still I had a very good time with them at the beach, at the pool and at a night club, and I don't consider myself attractive, Im not tall but short and Im not muscly guy, just an average guy.

They told me religion was important to them and they told me they considered US boys not really religious.
Happy in a tropical beach! Warm weather, palm threes, coconut drinks, blue skies, warm people, lovely girls!
bambam
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Good question

Postby TopSpruce » Sun May 18, 2014 12:50 pm

bambam wrote:Im Mexican boy

I guess many US people look down on latinos because of immigration issues so they don't want us. Also they blame us for drugs issues and other crimes, so we have pretty bad reputation in the US so probably that's why US men aren't very interested on latin women. A white US guy dating a latin girl would look like hey this white man is betraying the US because he is befriending the enemy, sort of, I guess...

I been in Cancun and once I met a hot Brazilian girl and a Mexican and Colombian attractive girls. We became friends. There plenty of US guys and girls also. But there seems to be some segregation. US boys go to bed with US girls while Latino boys go to bed with Latinas girls.

I tell you, we were discussing this issue. I tested the Brazilian girl and told her "hey look at that US guy, he is tall, blond, blue eyed, he is in good shape, he has some muscles here and there, and looks handsome, isn't he? And he is looking at you, I guess he likes you" Then she replied totally uninterested "Oh well, maybe but those american boys think we Brazilians are sluts, they treat us like hoes" I told her how do you know, you don't know that particular guy, you shouldn't speak if you don't know him. "Oh, well I know US guys, believe me"

Then I asked the Colombian girl, what do you think? She told me "you know I met a UK guy, he is certainly handsome and very attentive and a real gentleman, I met him yesterday at a night club and he is around here in this same hotel" Then I told him "then, go for it, you may spend a good time with him". She replied "Oh well, I might do that, but no, cause you know, those UK guys are boring and cold and they have cold water instead of blood running through their veins.

Oh well, girls, I told them, you came here to have fun, so you should try to be friendly and make friends from all over the world. They remained uninterested.

Soon after US boys were having fun with plenty of white hot american girls around the pool.

I was left with these three latin girls. I didn't go to bed with any of them (I wish I could tell you I did but it didn't happen) but still I had a very good time with them at the beach, at the pool and at a night club, and I don't consider myself attractive, Im not tall but short and Im not muscly guy, just an average guy.

They told me religion was important to them and they told me they considered US boys not really religious.


Yup, exact same stuff happens in Eastern Europe. For some reason, SEA girls-especially Filipinas, still like Americans. There is a reason there were over 5000 K1 fiance visas issued in the Phillipines last year.....and only 700 for Columbia.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Postby ladislav » Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Filipinas are not seen as " low class", Winston, except by Asians. They're seen as exotic fruit. And Filipinos, in general, are seen as loyal semi US citizens who are English speaking and blindly devoted to America. They are the most US loving nation on earth.

Many Americans despise Latin culture and the Spanish language. To them, they are all Meskins. And the feeling is often mutual.

"Colombia? I don't speak Spanish and they don't like gringos. I'm gonna go and get me a nice Filipina. They speak English and are cute as hell".

They see the Philippines as just the PI- the Philippine Islands; as not even a country but some US islands ala Hawaii. They've worked and served alongside Filipinos for over a century and these are seen as friends and they speak English and love America, too.

An easy, quick and solid way to get a wife who will come to the USA and fit right in. And the parents on both sides will approve, too.

Well if these predictions come true, then I guess the phillipines will no longer be a dating paradise for men. The filipinas will become as entitled and bitchy as western women.


Dunno. Dishonesty, inefficiency, incompetence and corruption are so ingrained there that they'll always be second grade. And the countryside will still be poor. Oh well, by 2050 I will be 90 years old.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests