Why isn't South America more popular for Americans?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

ladislav wrote:Filipinas are not seen as " low class", Winston, except by Asians. They're seen as exotic fruit. And Filipinos, in general, are seen as loyal semi US citizens who are English speaking and blindly devoted to America. They are the most US loving nation on earth.

Many Americans despise Latin culture and the Spanish language. To them, they are all Meskins. And the feeling is often mutual.

"Colombia? I don't speak Spanish and they don't like gringos. I'm gonna go and get me a nice Filipina. They speak English and are cute as hell".

They see the Philippines as just the PI- the Philippine Islands; as not even a country but some US islands ala Hawaii. They've worked and served alongside Filipinos for over a century and these are seen as friends and they speak English and love America, too.

An easy, quick and solid way to get a wife who will come to the USA and fit right in. And the parents on both sides will approve, too.
Well if these predictions come true, then I guess the phillipines will no longer be a dating paradise for men. The filipinas will become as entitled and bitchy as western women.
Dunno. Dishonesty, inefficiency, incompetence and corruption are so ingrained there that they'll always be second grade. And the countryside will still be poor. Oh well, by 2050 I will be 90 years old.
Well, they said China will never develop either.
They said Brazil will never develop.

Even Columbia is getting its act together these days.

Even Africa will develop one day....but thats going to be in 2150..
Novem
Freshman Poster

Post by Novem »

I actually think a lot of women from South America are highly attractive but I don't have the overwhelming desire to relocate there. If I ended up with a woman from there as my wife I'd probably be just as happy as with an Asian one. Even so, only one or two countries are on my potential list.

I don't really have an interest in the Spanish language and I'm not going to learn a language I have no interest in. From what I have read South American societies are definitely 'louder' than a lot of Asian ones and as an introvert that would be taxing after a while. The crime is a factor and much of South America is still highly racist against darker skin colors.

One of the largest factors would probably be the proximity to America. I'm at the point now that I don't want to be very close to the U.S. sphere of influence without another dominant power around to balance it. The founding fathers said ambition must check ambition and is why they divided up the government. I'm just applying that on a macro scale.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

TopSpruce wrote:
Maverick wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:If you lool at Roosh V forum you can see why Latina America is popular, but no the only place. The better looking latin girls are upper class and avoid gringos. The lower class South american indian native women are not so attractive.

Also, the stats are not good-lool at birth rate, marriage age, etc. Except for central America with its high crime rates, Latin america is not as traditional when it comes to gender roles and dating/marriage.

Regarding the future of your kids... Asia is the future of the world economy. Even the Philippines will become an economic powerhouse. Asia has a much bigger population and bigger economy.

Finally, Latin culture is high energy, violent, and emotional. Asia is better for those who prefer introverted, respectful, and peaceful culture.
The bolded is another reason. I also believe that Asian countries will become the new economic powers and will replace whites at the top of the food chain. In my opinion, it will be extremely beneficial to have Asian lineage in the not-so-distant future.

But when I say that, I mean mostly countries like China, Japan, Korea, and India. I'm curious as to why you think Philippines will be a powerhouse. Care to elaborate?

On the verge of an Economic Boom
http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2014/05 ... nomic-boom

HSBC predicts Philippines will be one of the top Economies in the World by 2050
http://www.royalgazette.com/article/201 ... /140509762
Definitely interesting and thought-provoking, but the first link is a Filipino publication (so, of course, there will be some bias there) and is also an opinion piece.

The second seems more legit, but everybody on this forum will at least be in their 60s by then. Hopefully, we will all have gotten what we wanted out of life and will be long past this kind of thing by that time.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Also, there's another forum out there that's similar to this in goals, but generally has a different outlook on American women, conspiracy theories, etc.

I know that it's blasphemy to post this forum's name on that site, so I will not post that forum's name on this site.

Anyway, way more guys on that site got married to women from Latin America than from Asia....WAY more. It seems like most guys on this site are partial to Asians, whereas most guys on that site are partial to Latinas.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Maverick wrote:Also, there's another forum out there that's similar to this in goals, but generally has a different outlook on American women, conspiracy theories, etc.

I know that it's blasphemy to post this forum's name on that site, so I will not post that forum's name on this site.

Anyway, way more guys on that site got married to women from Latin America than from Asia....WAY more. It seems like most guys on this site are partial to Asians, whereas most guys on that site are partial to Latinas.
What site, Maverick???

you really got me curious!!

PM me if you like, but as you know Winston doesn't give a damn what rival names we post here.

( And a +10 to you for that, Mr. Wu!! )
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Maverick wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:
Maverick wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:If you lool at Roosh V forum you can see why Latina America is popular, but no the only place. The better looking latin girls are upper class and avoid gringos. The lower class South american indian native women are not so attractive.

Also, the stats are not good-lool at birth rate, marriage age, etc. Except for central America with its high crime rates, Latin america is not as traditional when it comes to gender roles and dating/marriage.

Regarding the future of your kids... Asia is the future of the world economy. Even the Philippines will become an economic powerhouse. Asia has a much bigger population and bigger economy.

Finally, Latin culture is high energy, violent, and emotional. Asia is better for those who prefer introverted, respectful, and peaceful culture.
The bolded is another reason. I also believe that Asian countries will become the new economic powers and will replace whites at the top of the food chain. In my opinion, it will be extremely beneficial to have Asian lineage in the not-so-distant future.

But when I say that, I mean mostly countries like China, Japan, Korea, and India. I'm curious as to why you think Philippines will be a powerhouse. Care to elaborate?

Definitely interesting and thought-provoking, but the first link is a Filipino publication (so, of course, there will be some bias there) and is also an opinion piece.

The second seems more legit, but everybody on this forum will at least be in their 60s by then. Hopefully, we will all have gotten what we wanted out of life and will be long past this kind of thing by that time.
Good point.
I'm more concerned with what place is good for girls *right now* and the next 5-10 years.

If I knew I would be accepted in a place like Yemen, I would probably spend more time now in the West working and saving money, knowing that I had a good future awaiting me in Yemen.

As it is, I already wasted my teens and early 20s in the US on High school and college....so I am just going to expat somewhere now. I know some people like House MD can enjoy their time in the US...but I really have no pleasure at all from life here. I'm not interested in spending several more years without a woman in the US while I save up money. Leave sooner rather than later.

I'm already upset with the way things are in Ukraine and Eastern Europe...its not as good there as it was in the 90s. Paradises dry up fast, westernization/modernization set in, and things get worse. PI could be spoiled in a decade.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Maverick wrote:Also, there's another forum out there that's similar to this in goals, but generally has a different outlook on American women, conspiracy theories, etc.

I have no interest in Asian women at all, I am however very interested in women from South America. I am just not attracted to Asian women, I much prefer the voluptuous, beautiful women from Latin America.

There are some guys on here who feel the same way I do. After I check out Germany, I am going to Brazil and Columbia to do some investigating, first for jobs, then I will investigate the women. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Novem wrote:I actually think a lot of women from South America are highly attractive but I don't have the overwhelming desire to relocate there. If I ended up with a woman from there as my wife I'd probably be just as happy as with an Asian one. Even so, only one or two countries are on my potential list.

I don't really have an interest in the Spanish language and I'm not going to learn a language I have no interest in. From what I have read South American societies are definitely 'louder' than a lot of Asian ones and as an introvert that would be taxing after a while. The crime is a factor and much of South America is still highly racist against darker skin colors.

One of the largest factors would probably be the proximity to America. I'm at the point now that I don't want to be very close to the U.S. sphere of influence without another dominant power around to balance it. The founding fathers said ambition must check ambition and is why they divided up the government. I'm just applying that on a macro scale.
You know Spanish isn't only spoken in South America right...There are English,French,Portuguese and even Dutch speaking countries.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

For me South America i think was the best choice out of other places.In Brazil i blend in very well being as though i'm Black,I mastered Portuguese so no one really knows i'm a "gringo". I found stable work as well.My wife treats me well.Brazil has had it trials and tribulations but i'm probably better off here than in the U.S.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

skateboardstephen wrote:For me South America i think was the best choice out of other places.In Brazil i blend in very well being as though i'm Black,I mastered Portuguese so no one really knows i'm a "gringo". I found stable work as well.My wife treats me well.Brazil has had it trials and tribulations but i'm probably better off here than in the U.S.
My memories of Bahian cuisine are beginning to fade :( I haven't been to Brazil in ages now.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

I like Latina girls I don't know why but I find myself more and more drawn to them. Guess because I am half hispanic? I don't think I can marry a too americanized girl even when I started dating I almost exclusively dated women that were 2nd generation at most and it was not a conscious decision! Where should I go? Colombia? I can speak Spanish decently conversationally and I am willing to learn more. I don't see myself being happy marrying some chick here who will see me as not being high class enough probably if she has a good degree. Is it possible to find a smart, beautiful, loving woman? I mean just someone who enjoys art, psychology, etc other interests that smart women tend to have that are "feminine." Just somebody who can hold a conversation and won't try to indoctrinate children with too much religious garbage
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Jester wrote:

What site, Maverick???

PM me if you like, but as you know Winston doesn't give a damn what rival names we post here.

Planet-love.com
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

TopSpruce wrote:
Maverick wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Good point.
I'm more concerned with what place is good for girls *right now* and the next 5-10 years.

If I knew I would be accepted in a place like Yemen, I would probably spend more time now in the West working and saving money, knowing that I had a good future awaiting me in Yemen.

As it is, I already wasted my teens and early 20s in the US on High school and college....so I am just going to expat somewhere now. I know some people like House MD can enjoy their time in the US...but I really have no pleasure at all from life here. I'm not interested in spending several more years without a woman in the US while I save up money. Leave sooner rather than later.
HouseMD enjoys his time in the US because he has not started working as a doctor yet. As a practicing health care professional, I can honestly say that my life happiness has significantly decreased since entering the "real world".
I'm already upset with the way things are in Ukraine and Eastern Europe...its not as good there as it was in the 90s. Paradises dry up fast, westernization/modernization set in, and things get worse. PI could be spoiled in a decade.
This is what I believe will happen. In fact, in talking to Filipinas on some of the dating websites, I haven't been extremely impressed so far. There's a VERY GOOD chance that I'll be heading out there (finally) for the first time pretty soon. I'm hoping that I'll be a bit more impressed with the women when I get there.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Maverick wrote:
Jester wrote:

What site, Maverick???

Planet-love.com
Thanks!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've been to Rio 3 times, Cancun 3 times and obviously Asia many times since I'm married to a Filipina. I used to book all my flights to Rio thru a travel agency site Brol.com. They are out of Miami and the staff is all Brazilian. I my rep telling me, "have fun down in Rio but I advise against getting serious with any Carioca." I asked her why and she said, "let's put it this way, I make a lot of my commissions selling tickets to American men who go back to Rio to visit their ex wives and children." She further explained that "it's not hard to meet a Carioca but be aware that they don't do well living outside of Brazil because their culture is very unique." So you get a fish out of water syndrome that you have to deal with.

Having been down to Rio, I can see her point. In my limited time in Rio, I sensed that the folks have one big melting pot of fun. Folks of all colors and backgrounds blend together well and they enjoy (rightfully so) their culture and environment. Take a lady out of her element and you are asking for trouble especially me living in damp, drizzly, aloof Seattle which is almost the complete opposite of Rio. This would spell trouble. So I think her love of her own country would surpass her love for you. To me, it was a potential recipe for failure.

This is really too bad because ladies I found the ladies from Brazil stunning and as a 40 year old male I got a decent amount of attention. Your best bet would be to physically move down to Rio but that wasn't in my plans so I decided to look at the Asian ladies in particular Filipinas.

To me, Filipinas were a better fit for all the reasons that have been detailed to death on this site. I took it a step further and got a wife with a bit of Spanish blood so it was a win-win. I get the exotic blend of lady who travels well and blends in well here in Seattle.