Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Do you get the sense that Americans don't like other people?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby Sarita » May 18th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Americans are taught from early on to smile and say hi to strangers. Walk into a store, "How are you? May I help you?!!?" But there's nothing more to that "Hi how are you?!!!?" It's a superficiality. People elsewhere at first think that below that smile there's a lot more warmth, but there isn't. Everyone drives home alone to their isolated home and all the rest of what goes along with the American isolation.

ladislav wrote:Why is it in the Philippines, when you mention Amerikanos, an endearining, awe-filled smile appears on people's faces.

Americans are so friendly! They're warm. We love Americans. We love them very much.

Surely after so much contact with Americans, these Filipinos would think otherwise. Particularly Filipinos who come from a very warm and communal culture.

In Saudi Arabia, even the King was talking about the "friendly American people".

WTF is going on?
“When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.â€￾ - Tennessee Williams
Sarita
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 16
Joined: May 16th, 2014, 10:31 pm
Location: Florida




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Moretorque » May 18th, 2014, 5:55 pm

johny_quest wrote:
ntm1972 wrote:I forget the source, but someone once said "The opposite of goodness is not evil, but use." In other words, viewing other people as objects to be used, rather than as human beings worthy of affection and compassion, with no hope of tangible gain from the demonstration of such.

This sums up Americans' social shortcomings as much as any other explanation. Americans are taught to use, rather than cherish. Consequently, if someone isn't seen as useful, he or she is despised. My eighteen months abroad were psychologically rejuvenating for the simple fact that I realized that I had inherent value, a revelation that one can't count on having in the U.S.

Threads like this motivate me to get back out there again as soon as possible, to places where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached.


There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached. Everybody is now part of the global economic system. Meaning, people are only interested in your money--not you as a person.



Give Johny a cigar and a dog biscuit for Bandit too, Lenin stated the 5th plank an exclusive credit monopoly would get you 90% of the way to communism. What he was really saying was they have 90% control over your life by having access to unlimited purchasing tickets to drive the economy as they see fit.

This is the thing that gets me about Sir Winston and his post's. I think he knows this but is just making conversation like we are living in different cultures with seperated lines but our cultures are all pretty much becoming the same as we all succumb to the ruling elite through this monetary system where we are controlled through debt the day we are born.

The post Taco made about the car's being lined up to rot shows you just how screwed up the planned economy is through the credit monopoly. It is a completely false reality and this is going to rock all of us to our foundations on every level. We are being played big time by this system but most people are not bright enough to figure out how this effects them every minute of every day.

You also have to understand because most people are not very bright and really not capable of governing their lives in a productive manner on a daily basis our rulers have decided to step in and foist top down control over all of us and the folks who educate themselves on a daily basis are stuck here with the dumb herd.

This was all put forth 0ver 40 years ago very accurately in " None Dare Call It A Conspiracy " and " The Naked Capitalist ". These are great reads and right on the money.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby Sarita » May 18th, 2014, 6:11 pm

It is healing to be abroad. At least it proved that way for me. Then I returned to the U.S., and resumed the sad treadmill life, and now I'm about to jump out of my skin with frustration.

My hope is to head back to Europe again, with a lot of luck it will be a year or so from now.

ntm1972 wrote:I forget the source, but someone once said "The opposite of goodness is not evil, but use." In other words, viewing other people as objects to be used, rather than as human beings worthy of affection and compassion, with no hope of tangible gain from the demonstration of such.

This sums up Americans' social shortcomings as much as any other explanation. Americans are taught to use, rather than cherish. Consequently, if someone isn't seen as useful, he or she is despised. My eighteen months abroad were psychologically rejuvenating for the simple fact that I realized that I had inherent value, a revelation that one can't count on having in the U.S.

Threads like this motivate me to get back out there again as soon as possible, to places where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached.
“When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.â€￾ - Tennessee Williams
Sarita
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 16
Joined: May 16th, 2014, 10:31 pm
Location: Florida

Postby ntm1972 » May 18th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Moretorque wrote:
johny_quest wrote:
ntm1972 wrote:I forget the source, but someone once said "The opposite of goodness is not evil, but use." In other words, viewing other people as objects to be used, rather than as human beings worthy of affection and compassion, with no hope of tangible gain from the demonstration of such.

This sums up Americans' social shortcomings as much as any other explanation. Americans are taught to use, rather than cherish. Consequently, if someone isn't seen as useful, he or she is despised. My eighteen months abroad were psychologically rejuvenating for the simple fact that I realized that I had inherent value, a revelation that one can't count on having in the U.S.

Threads like this motivate me to get back out there again as soon as possible, to places where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached.


There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached. Everybody is now part of the global economic system. Meaning, people are only interested in your money--not you as a person.



Give Johny a cigar and a dog biscuit for Bandit too, Lenin stated the 5th plank an exclusive credit monopoly would get you 90% of the way to communism. What he was really saying was they have 90% control over your life by having access to unlimited purchasing tickets to drive the economy as they see fit.

This is the thing that gets me about Sir Winston and his post's. I think he knows this but is just making conversation like we are living in different cultures with seperated lines but our cultures are all pretty much becoming the same as we all succumb to the ruling elite through this monetary system where we are controlled through debt the day we are born.

The post Taco made about the car's being lined up to rot shows you just how screwed up the planned economy is through the credit monopoly. It is a completely false reality and this is going to rock all of us to our foundations on every level. We are being played big time by this system but most people are not bright enough to figure out how this effects them every minute of every day.

You also have to understand because most people are not very bright and really not capable of governing their lives in a productive manner on a daily basis our rulers have decided to step in and foist top down control over all of us and the folks who educate themselves on a daily basis are stuck here with the dumb herd.

This was all put forth 0ver 40 years ago very accurately in " None Dare Call It A Conspiracy " and " The Naked Capitalist ". These are great reads and right on the money.


I'm familiar with Skousen's "Naked Capitalist", itself a review of Carroll Quigley's "Tragedy and Hope". I will not dispute the reality of the global conspiracy to reduce each of us to a state more pitiable than even the lowliest of medieval serfs could have imagined. My contention is that sweeping statements such as "There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached" and "people are only interested in your money--not you as a person" are belied, if nothing else, by the genuine, face-to-face friendships a man may enjoy with other men. I have a few such friends myself; not many, but enough. Better to have a few strong friendships than dozens or hundreds of "Facebook friends". Relationships not based on economic value are rare, but they're there, and every thinking man needs to discover and cultivate these.
Last edited by ntm1972 on May 18th, 2014, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 88
Joined: January 8th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Location: North America

Postby Winston » May 18th, 2014, 6:28 pm

johny_quest wrote:
ntm1972 wrote:I forget the source, but someone once said "The opposite of goodness is not evil, but use." In other words, viewing other people as objects to be used, rather than as human beings worthy of affection and compassion, with no hope of tangible gain from the demonstration of such.

This sums up Americans' social shortcomings as much as any other explanation. Americans are taught to use, rather than cherish. Consequently, if someone isn't seen as useful, he or she is despised. My eighteen months abroad were psychologically rejuvenating for the simple fact that I realized that I had inherent value, a revelation that one can't count on having in the U.S.

Threads like this motivate me to get back out there again as soon as possible, to places where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached.


There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached. Everybody is now part of the global economic system. Meaning, people are only interested in your money--not you as a person.


You only say that because you yourself haven't experienced true warmth and genuineness from people. Start going to warm countries like Cuba, as Sarita recommended. Or go to spiritual countries like Nepal. And you will experience a different type of people, and your views will change as well. You will be amazed at how many wonderful people there are. Otherwise, without going to many countries, you can't generalize like that.

Btw, Ntm1972 was speaking from personal experience, as he said. Einstein said:

"Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world. All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it." - Albert Einstein
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24796
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Novem » May 18th, 2014, 7:38 pm

Yeah, I experience it every day and I admit I'm extremely guilty of this behavior. In general, I'm an introvert and so are a good portion of my family but America as a society also encourages this behavior. You have to be capable of doing things yourself and not overly rely on other people because you can't trust them. You can't trust other people because of all the crazy ones they show on the news MUST represent the majority of the population. So you stick to your McMansion and your mid-sized sedan on your commute to work or school. Keep the social charades up in public places all the while hoping the interactions end as fast as possible.

Overall, there is a fundamental dislike for other people in this country and it is no wonder we increasingly have such a shallow culture to reflect it.
Novem
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 53
Joined: April 6th, 2014, 1:59 am
Location: Delaware

Postby Moretorque » May 18th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Winston wrote:
johny_quest wrote:
ntm1972 wrote:I forget the source, but someone once said "The opposite of goodness is not evil, but use." In other words, viewing other people as objects to be used, rather than as human beings worthy of affection and compassion, with no hope of tangible gain from the demonstration of such.

This sums up Americans' social shortcomings as much as any other explanation. Americans are taught to use, rather than cherish. Consequently, if someone isn't seen as useful, he or she is despised. My eighteen months abroad were psychologically rejuvenating for the simple fact that I realized that I had inherent value, a revelation that one can't count on having in the U.S.

Threads like this motivate me to get back out there again as soon as possible, to places where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached.


There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached. Everybody is now part of the global economic system. Meaning, people are only interested in your money--not you as a person.


You only say that because you yourself haven't experienced true warmth and genuineness from people. Start going to warm countries like Cuba, as Sarita recommended. Or go to spiritual countries like Nepal. And you will experience a different type of people, and your views will change as well. You will be amazed at how many wonderful people there are. Otherwise, without going to many countries, you can't generalize like that.

Btw, Ntm1972 was speaking from personal experience, as he said. Einstein said:

"Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world. All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it." - Albert Einstein


Winston the point is it is not going to last, the people where I have real friendships are awake and can see outside the box. As these countries become more debt ridden and pressures are turned up to make it day to day the people who understand how the world really works are the ones that are going to be the most level headed and on a plain of thought for real growth in any direction.

America deserves what is coming to it for sure but a lot of other places do not and are being forced into this system weather they like it or not and it is and will rock them to the core in all venues.

I went to Hawaii and saw what the west foisted on them and with globalization they will destroy all cultures in short order to control the world in the same manner.

That culture in the 1800's was as far away and distinct from any other culture anywhere in the world and look at it now. You are not running from this skipping from country to country, if the elite don't get you with their BS con then nature will.

The human race needs to make a stand now.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby Jester » May 18th, 2014, 9:34 pm

ladislav wrote:Why is it in the Philippines, when you mention Amerikanos, an endearining, awe-filled smile appears on people's faces.

Americans are so friendly! They're warm. We love Americans. We love them very much.

Surely after so much contact with Americans, these Filipinos would think otherwise. Particularly Filipinos who come from a very warm and communal culture.

In Saudi Arabia, even the King was talking about the "friendly American people".

WTF is going on?


First thought of course is that the Flips and Saudis are not encountering a representative sample. Maybe its the guys who hunger for human relationships who go abroad??

OR, maybe we change when we get outside the hostile environment. Demons who lay down the pitchfork, and wear beach slippers?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Do you get the sense that Americans don't like other peo

Postby Jester » May 18th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Sarita wrote:
I know what you mean.

And even where it's not a matter of hugs, there is that isolation that involves not being to depend upon or rely upon anyone else except oneself - that "pull yourself up by your bootstraps or you're a worthless whatever" sort of attitude. Everyone here is ultimately alone in every way. In other countries, family and friends are there for one when things get difficult. Here? Not really. The system itself makes it impossible, and it's not "the way" of the U.S. to be there to catch others when they fall.




I remember back when I was married with kids, providing for my family but barely. A fellow Armenian asked me to co-sign so a fellow Armenian ( a diligent, hardworking immigrant dishwasher) could buy a car. I was friends with both the borrower and the guy who approached me on his behalf. Simple people, lower class but my people. And I had very few such compatriots there in Atlanta. My wife pitched a fit, said I was helping people outside my family, not putting my family first. I backed off. I still feel sadness over that. I didn't have many chances to be a giver, to help people, but that was something I absolutely could have done at the time. But my American wife saw that as profligacy, squandering, vanity.

Being there for a friend is alien to Americans.

If you reach outside your "nuclear family", you are consorting with rivals.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » May 18th, 2014, 9:50 pm

ntm1972 wrote:
I will not dispute the reality of the global conspiracy to reduce each of us to a state more pitiable than even the lowliest of medieval serfs could have imagined. My contention is that sweeping statements such as "There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached" and "people are only interested in your money--not you as a person" are belied, if nothing else, by the genuine, face-to-face friendships a man may enjoy with other men. I have a few such friends myself; not many, but enough. Better to have a few strong friendships than dozens or hundreds of "Facebook friends". Relationships not based on economic value are rare, but they're there, and every thinking man needs to discover and cultivate these.



+1

thanks - this is a message we need to hear.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » May 18th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Winston wrote:
johny_quest wrote:
There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached. Everybody is now part of the global economic system. Meaning, people are only interested in your money--not you as a person.


...You only say that because you yourself haven't experienced true warmth and genuineness from people. Start going to warm countries like Cuba, as Sarita recommended. Or go to spiritual countries like Nepal. And you will experience a different type of people, and your views will change as well. You will be amazed at how many wonderful people there are...



One of my sons spent some time traveling around Burma, and he found it like this. Warm, friendly, real people.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Moretorque » May 18th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:
johny_quest wrote:
There are no places left on the planet where human warmth is displayed with no strings attached. Everybody is now part of the global economic system. Meaning, people are only interested in your money--not you as a person.


...You only say that because you yourself haven't experienced true warmth and genuineness from people. Start going to warm countries like Cuba, as Sarita recommended. Or go to spiritual countries like Nepal. And you will experience a different type of people, and your views will change as well. You will be amazed at how many wonderful people there are...



One of my sons spent some time traveling around Burma, and he found it like this. Warm, friendly, real people.


Cuba????? I just had a discussion with a gal from there recently and she was like that place is a waste but she may have been very materialistic and into phony culture. She was here going to school.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby skateboardstephen » May 19th, 2014, 2:03 am

bambam wrote:I know what you mean, Winston, I have felt the same way.

When I lived in the USA I thought "Well, Americans don't like me and don't want me because Im Mexican and because they dislike Mexicans very much, so I knew that before coming here, so no surprise, I accept that, so its ok it's their country, its their land, their rules and they have all the right to be like this"

However, soon after I discovered they didn't like each other as well, even among white american people, they didn't befriend or thrust on each other.

At night I took the bus from College to home and in many occasions I met a white American guy, he was usually a bit drunk, he seemed to drink heavy after office hours and before going home. He was very friendly to me. He tried to speak to other white Americans but nobody was interested.

Actually, one time he approached another american guy and this other guy asked the driver for help. The driver stopped the bus and asked the drunk american to leave the bus.

I said, give him a chance, this is the last bus on schedule, he will need to walk or take a taxi which is very hard to get at this time at night. The driver (a white american guy) angrily told me "this is not your business". I felt like "you shut up you third world citizen you don't have a word here in the US"

The drunk american refused to leave the bus so the driver threatened with calling Police, then the drunk guy said "ok, ok, Im leaving, just don't call Police, please"

And all this because one guy disliked the drunk guy.

He was a nice guy, really, he was not a problem
Your observations are on point but i just want to say a few things that were on my mine about your comments about Americans disliking Mexicans.Disclaimer: what I'm about to say is going to pertain more to Mestizo,White and Indigenous Latin American immigrants in the U.S. legal and illegal.I'm an African American who lives in Latin America(going on two years),is a fluent Spanish and Portuguese speaker,married to an (Afro)Latina women.The majority of my friends in the U.S. were from various Latin American countries.

Not all Americans feel that way about Mexicans or other Latin Americans but the ones who do have legit reasons for feeling how they feel.Mexican immigrants can be really nationalistic and treat people who aren't Mexican like shit.From what i have observed is that a lot of Mexicans can be Anti-American and Anti-Americans and can be racist (especially towards Blacks) yet want to live in the U.S.The access of illegal immigrants in the U.S. not just from Mexico is causing ethic,cultural, and political conflict in the U.S.A and can be a fiscal burden. A lot of Americans feel as though their culture is being bulldozed and pushed to the side by this influx of immigrants while the Liberal,Democrats lobby for legislation that pander to illegal immigrants just to "stick it" to the Libertarians,Conservatives and Republicans.Americans are even more divided now over this issue.Politicians are even campaigning on "immigration reform" While life for the American citizen is becoming more difficult by the day an illegal immigrant can take the bar exam and become a lawyer,have drivers licenses(and even vote),over saturate the job market with cheap labor,depressing wages,create language and cultural barriers,In some states pay lower tuitions for college than American citizens,abuse the 14th Amendment by having children on U.S. soil who receive food stamps,education in public schools and medical assistance all on the tax payers dime and on top of this they can even manipulate the political destiny of a country in which they probably don't even have (generations of) national heritage!!What other country would tolerate such insanity??Of course Americans are going to develop animosity.It's not for no reason.

In Brazil i have a co-worker who is Brazilian and spent years in the U.S.I asked him what brought him back to Brazil and he said.."They started firing all the immigrants".In other words the job he was working had job cuts and he expected the U.S. to not prioritize it's citizens like Brazil does.Then he says his brother received scholarships but couldn't go to any college.Then i asked why,he then says "because he was an immigrant".He was saying all this as if i was complicit in this by default because i'm American.Then i asked him..."Well how did your family get into the country?" Then he said "We came as tourist and overstayed the visa". So none of this stuff he was bitching about happened to him and his family because they were was immigrants it was because they were ILLEGAL.Americans are tired of being villifide because of foreigners who don't want to obey the immigration laws that every country has.In Brazil you need documentation to work,study,retire or be in the country as a tourist....but in his mind the U.S. shouldn't enforce these same laws.If i were to bring my Wife to the U.S. the immigration law still applies to me and i'm a citizen!So it damn sure needs to apply to everyone else.Americans are getting sick and tired of this hypocrisy.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby bambam » May 19th, 2014, 4:48 am

skateboardstephen wrote:
bambam wrote:I know what you mean, Winston, I have felt the same way.

When I lived in the USA I thought "Well, Americans don't like me and don't want me because Im Mexican and because they dislike Mexicans very much, so I knew that before coming here, so no surprise, I accept that, so its ok it's their country, its their land, their rules and they have all the right to be like this"

However, soon after I discovered they didn't like each other as well, even among white american people, they didn't befriend or thrust on each other.

At night I took the bus from College to home and in many occasions I met a white American guy, he was usually a bit drunk, he seemed to drink heavy after office hours and before going home. He was very friendly to me. He tried to speak to other white Americans but nobody was interested.

Actually, one time he approached another american guy and this other guy asked the driver for help. The driver stopped the bus and asked the drunk american to leave the bus.

I said, give him a chance, this is the last bus on schedule, he will need to walk or take a taxi which is very hard to get at this time at night. The driver (a white american guy) angrily told me "this is not your business". I felt like "you shut up you third world citizen you don't have a word here in the US"

The drunk american refused to leave the bus so the driver threatened with calling Police, then the drunk guy said "ok, ok, Im leaving, just don't call Police, please"

And all this because one guy disliked the drunk guy.

He was a nice guy, really, he was not a problem
Your observations are on point but i just want to say a few things that were on my mine about your comments about Americans disliking Mexicans.Disclaimer: what I'm about to say is going to pertain more to Mestizo,White and Indigenous Latin American immigrants in the U.S. legal and illegal.I'm an African American who lives in Latin America(going on two years),is a fluent Spanish and Portuguese speaker,married to an (Afro)Latina women.The majority of my friends in the U.S. were from various Latin American countries.

Not all Americans feel that way about Mexicans or other Latin Americans but the ones who do have legit reasons for feeling how they feel.Mexican immigrants can be really nationalistic and treat people who aren't Mexican like shit.From what i have observed is that a lot of Mexicans can be Anti-American and Anti-Americans and can be racist (especially towards Blacks) yet want to live in the U.S.The access of illegal immigrants in the U.S. not just from Mexico is causing ethic,cultural, and political conflict in the U.S.A and can be a fiscal burden. A lot of Americans feel as though their culture is being bulldozed and pushed to the side by this influx of immigrants while the Liberal,Democrats lobby for legislation that pander to illegal immigrants just to "stick it" to the Libertarians,Conservatives and Republicans.Americans are even more divided now over this issue.Politicians are even campaigning on "immigration reform" While life for the American citizen is becoming more difficult by the day an illegal immigrant can take the bar exam and become a lawyer,have drivers licenses(and even vote),over saturate the job market with cheap labor,depressing wages,create language and cultural barriers,In some states pay lower tuitions for college than American citizens,abuse the 14th Amendment by having children on U.S. soil who receive food stamps,education in public schools and medical assistance all on the tax payers dime and on top of this they can even manipulate the political destiny of a country in which they probably don't even have (generations of) national heritage!!What other country would tolerate such insanity??Of course Americans are going to develop animosity.It's not for no reason.

In Brazil i have a co-worker who is Brazilian and spent years in the U.S.I asked him what brought him back to Brazil and he said.."They started firing all the immigrants".In other words the job he was working had job cuts and he expected the U.S. to not prioritize it's citizens like Brazil does.Then he says his brother received scholarships but couldn't go to any college.Then i asked why,he then says "because he was an immigrant".He was saying all this as if i was complicit in this by default because i'm American.Then i asked him..."Well how did your family get into the country?" Then he said "We came as tourist and overstayed the visa". So none of this stuff he was bitching about happened to him and his family because they were was immigrants it was because they were ILLEGAL.Americans are tired of being villifide because of foreigners who don't want to obey the immigration laws that every country has.In Brazil you need documentation to work,study,retire or be in the country as a tourist....but in his mind the U.S. shouldn't enforce these same laws.If i were to bring my Wife to the U.S. the immigration law still applies to me and i'm a citizen!So it damn sure needs to apply to everyone else.Americans are getting sick and tired of this hypocrisy.


Hello, perhaps you thought I was throwing shit at US people disliking Mexicans but such was not my point. Whether US citizens have legit reasons to dislike Mexicans or not is not the point on my post.

We can all agree that some US people have legit reasons to dislike Mexicans while some other US people don't have legit reasons to do so.

Many people around the globe have legit reasons to dislike the USA and be anti american while some other people don't have legit reasons to do so.

Or in shorter way, some people dislike certain people for the wrong reasons while some other dislike the same people for the right reasons.

Such is life!
Happy in a tropical beach! Warm weather, palm threes, coconut drinks, blue skies, warm people, lovely girls!
bambam
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 15
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 7:04 am

Postby Halwick » May 20th, 2014, 12:28 am

Well, I suspect the reasons Winston, Zboy, et al, would feel Americans don't like them is because of their ethnicity, combined with a perceived cocky, arrogant, outspoken, assertive, challenging and smart-assed persona.....something most Americans would find uncomfortable with, dislike, distrust, fearful and intimidating.

On the other hand, I've encountered people from Europe, Asia, Latin America and Middle East (who are polite and courteous and non-confrontational) vacationing in the U.S. and remarked on the kindness and friendliness of American people toward them.
Halwick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 329
Joined: September 11th, 2013, 5:39 am
Location: U.S.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests