Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


It's just life

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

It's just life

Postby Tezcatlipoca » May 21st, 2014, 2:07 am

You know a lot of people on this site want to blame somebody for feeling they cannot have the happiness they dreamed for themselves as a child, but what if it is not anybody's fault? What if it is just life?

When I was young I wanted a good christian woman by 27. Then I became an atheist... oops. Life just throws weird shit our way and we have to roll with the punches.
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 151
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 6:42 am
Location: California




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby hammanta » May 21st, 2014, 2:49 am

I don't think a lot of people know what will make them happy. They aren't satisfied with life and think that everyone else has it better. A man back several years ago won the lottery, something like 320 million, a year or two later he kills himself. Then on the opposite side I met a filipino lady 50 years old who never had a boyfriend, yet alone a husband in her life. She wasn't poor but wasn't wealthy either; however the glow she had was incredible. She loved life and it showed through her looks and personality. One of my favorite people in the world is the guy who owns my gym. He's a deeply religious man and helps out the community in ways that are so profound that he gave up everything just to live homeless some of the homeless people in my area. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer 2 years ago but you would never know it. He's so cheerful and gracious for everything.

I've known or have seen depressed people and people who hated their lives of all different backgrounds: White, black, rich, poor, handsome, ugly, beautiful wife... It really truly makes me envy people who seem to love their lives. I don't hate my life by any means, I have a great family, decent job, I've traveled the world and have dated pretty women, but I always seem to want more. Some days I'm so cheerful and optimistic and then at times I go into a depressed state for a few days to a week. Nothing extreme but still. Some may argue this is a result of the American society and though I think this is partially true, there are depressed people from all cultures.

I just don't think many of us truly appreciate things until its gone. When I used to be asked whether I'd choose money, happiness, or love, I would always choose money. Money can buy a lot of things that seem to make you happy but it is a mask. Now a days I answer love and though it sounds cliche I truly believe it. Love between individuals, love between families and friends, love for oneself and especially a love for life are what make us happy. If you love yourself, your family, the people around you, and life, it opens so many doors to be successful and happy. You become more optimistic, you see the beauty in life, and appreciation for things such as hard work education and your significant other. This is my motto and it has really helped me in the past several years to become more open and slow down. I still have a journey to discovery but it seems to be getting better each day.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: It's just life

Postby Cornfed » May 21st, 2014, 3:36 am

Tezcatlipoca wrote:You know a lot of people on this site want to blame somebody for feeling they cannot have the happiness they dreamed for themselves as a child, but what if it is not anybody's fault? What if it is just life?

It is not actually normal for the regime to be at war with normal human society you know.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5679
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Postby Tezcatlipoca » May 21st, 2014, 3:59 am

tell that to the millions of people who lived and died as slaves in ages past
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 151
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 6:42 am
Location: California

Postby Cornfed » May 22nd, 2014, 3:35 am

Tezcatlipoca wrote:tell that to the millions of people who lived and died as slaves in ages past

In this case the destruction is directed against the entire host society rather than just a subset of slaves. Many slaves throughout history had more rights and were treated better than Western men are today.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5679
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Postby Tezcatlipoca » May 22nd, 2014, 4:31 am

I think your truths have become axiomatic and you have created a closed system that is consistent but cannot be complete until you expose yourself to new information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del ... ss_theorem
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 151
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 6:42 am
Location: California

Postby Cornfed » May 22nd, 2014, 4:44 am

Tezcatlipoca wrote:I think your truths have become axiomatic and you have created a closed system that is consistent but cannot be complete until you expose yourself to new information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del ... ss_theorem

No, it is just a historical fact that the elites of most societies are not hellbent on destroying and replacing their own societies as they are in the modern West.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5679
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Postby nicho12 » May 22nd, 2014, 5:19 am

Cornfed wrote:
Tezcatlipoca wrote:I think your truths have become axiomatic and you have created a closed system that is consistent but cannot be complete until you expose yourself to new information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del ... ss_theorem

No, it is just a historical fact that the elites of most societies are not hellbent on destroying and replacing their own societies as they are in the modern West.


But Cornfed, it seems to me that you should posting more on the stormfront site, you would have more people who agree with your views
nicho12
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 272
Joined: August 19th, 2013, 6:51 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby QuestionMark » May 22nd, 2014, 5:37 am

nicho12 wrote:
But Cornfed, it seems to me that you should posting more on the stormfront site, you would have more people who agree with your views


+1. For real. He's probably already registered there.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 154
Joined: April 17th, 2014, 6:03 am

Postby starchild5 » May 22nd, 2014, 2:18 pm

Its the Aliens and darkness..No joke...The Evil does all his crimes and makes sure, he puts the blame on us by calling it Karma...The biggest con from the spiritual side on humanity..this thing called Karma...

Humanity is perfect...It never ever in his entire life time did anything wrong...YOU MUST KNOW THIS...

All our acts and thoughts are from an external force, that makes us do things we would never have, if we were left alone to our own evolutionary phase.

....The darkness is all science fiction ever created COMBINED...You won't believe it...when told truth about him....Its so cunning...It has already laid out plan till your death and your next life...The entire human race is literally sleeping and are in a state of Amnesia....

We are surrounded by a thick black smoke..Which is the ultimate evil responsible for all our misery...

We are an eternally happier being...We know nothing except happiness..Its in our DNA....Once this darkness is defeated....We will all naturally be happier....There is nothing else we know other than be happy....We really are the good guys of the known universe ...:)
User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Postby Tsar » May 23rd, 2014, 7:40 am

hammanta wrote:When I used to be asked whether I'd choose money, happiness, or love, I would always choose money. Money can buy a lot of things that seem to make you happy but it is a mask. Now a days I answer love and though it sounds cliche I truly believe it. Love between individuals, love between families and friends, love for oneself and especially a love for life are what make us happy.


In the present I would always choose money. Money can give me a live of comfort, luxury, and leisure. Money could buy me fame and power. With money I would be able to easily find my ideal dream girl that would love me. I would get anything I ever wanted and have the freedom of an aristocrat.
Tsar
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: August 7th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Location: Somwhere, Maine

Postby hammanta » May 23rd, 2014, 7:44 pm

Tsar wrote:
hammanta wrote:When I used to be asked whether I'd choose money, happiness, or love, I would always choose money. Money can buy a lot of things that seem to make you happy but it is a mask. Now a days I answer love and though it sounds cliche I truly believe it. Love between individuals, love between families and friends, love for oneself and especially a love for life are what make us happy.


In the present I would always choose money. Money can give me a live of comfort, luxury, and leisure. Money could buy me fame and power. With money I would be able to easily find my ideal dream girl that would love me. I would get anything I ever wanted and have the freedom of an aristocrat.


To each their own. I understand the draw of endless amounts of money but deep down who's to say that it would bring you true happiness. Maybe that dream women only wants you for your money, maybe your friends simply hang out with you because you can buy them things. That sports car is cool now but its lure will end. Plenty of very rich people not happy with their lives.

But I don't blame you either. If I had endless amounts of money all my dreams would be coming true (traveling the world, furthering my education, having fun with women, providing for my parents, etc.) Ahh we can only dream I guess.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby xiongmao » May 24th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Life is completely random really. Our lives are mostly controlled by other people's random decisions.

I only got my current job because at the last, last, last moment they switched from using Java to .Net. And the office is only in the town it's in, because a guy quit his job to become a freelancer, and found more work than he could handle.

And look at my mess that was last year. I went to China, but ended up spending more time in Thailand.

So embrace randomness and chaos, and enjoy your time on this planet.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London

Postby abcdavid01 » May 25th, 2014, 8:29 am

xiongmao wrote:Life is completely random really. Our lives are mostly controlled by other people's random decisions.

I only got my current job because at the last, last, last moment they switched from using Java to .Net. And the office is only in the town it's in, because a guy quit his job to become a freelancer, and found more work than he could handle.

And look at my mess that was last year. I went to China, but ended up spending more time in Thailand.

So embrace randomness and chaos, and enjoy your time on this planet.


Roll with the punches.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: November 18th, 2012, 7:52 am
Location: On the run


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests