Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Another shooting in the US.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Falcon » Tue May 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Rock wrote:This really contributed to a down and depressed mood in me during the last few days. Watching this guy's vids personalized to me what so many here have been complaining about for so long. Many of us including myself have gone through somewhat different versions of what this guy has suffered. But I didn't realize its that bad or perhaps I've been in comfortable selfish denial. After all, it's not my problem and hasn't been for a long time. A certain small but significant percentage of the population has latent psychotic potential. It just takes certain extreme catalysts to push person to act out. Elliot Rodger it seems was one such individual. Those of us who don't fall into that intersection just suffer. If we are lucky, we find a solution or at least comforter. Myself, Falcon, Winston, Monkro and others fall into that camp.

It's starting to hit home just how sick and twisted things in the USA have become. The bad news is that the poison is being transmitted to all corners of the earth. It's take-up rate depends on a lot of things. But more or less it's making an impact and penetrating in much of the world. It's deeply depressing.

Some things about this particular case that I don't get and some general questions:

1. The guy was deeply resentful and jealous of the Alpha Phi blond all American college girl prototype and the assortment of white douche bags these girls gave their attention to. That's the element he talked about exacting revenge on in his last vid. So why is it the first three people he killed were Chinese guys who he lived with? If I heard correctly, he actually looked down on pure Asians and blacks as unable to attract hot girls the way certain white guys were able to. So that would put those first guys he killed in the same boat that he was in. Could it be he resented them cus he blamed his own Chinese half for his failures? If so, why was he not resentful of his Chinese blooded mom and why is it that he has such fond memories of his A-Ma? What about his Moroccan step mom who he so resented?

2. How tall did he become?

3. Why is it that clever methodical people like this one never seem to manage to pull off something a lot more extreme and targeted like killing dozens or even hundreds in some sort of huge crowd sorority party venue with automatic weapons or suicide bomb? This guy just stabbed his roomies, hit a sorority house which he did not even manage to enter, by chance shot a couple tri Delts outside, and then went around in his car executing a few random drive-bys before taking himself out. I think the large majority of his victims were males. But wasn't the deepest source of his hatred those blond women who chose to ignore him and go for arrogant and cocky guys?

His actions aren't exactly consistent with what he obsessed about. I guess deeply disturbed people tend to act erratically. It's all very sad and depressing.


1. The three Chinese-American roommates were killed since he had to get them "out of the way" in order to accomplish his main goal, so they were not primary targets. One of them was from my high school! :(

2. 5'7" I believe. Not too tall but he did realize he's good-looking and stylish.

3. Seung-hui Cho did though. I'd say Rodger was successful too in that he sped around in his car to 10 different locations. Spreading the violence created more terror. Still quite impressive considering that these guys have never spent time in the military.


Mguy, Monkro, I, and many other HA members all went to University of California campuses. Deasil875 works at one. Winston went to California State University, which is lower-tier and commuting but still has a similar social environment. We are all too familiar with why it can be near impossible to date women in those colleges, although Momopi and the older-generation guys don't really get it.

Now you might understand a bit more about why Winston, Monkro, and I had complained so much about the social scene in California universities. I can imagine how it makes totally no sense for the older guys who have found college to be a dating paradise, including even Jamesbond. But it's over for us and we've moved on to better things. Winston now has Dianne, Monkro is happy with his Taiwanese pearls, and I'm being swarmed by Indonesian ladies.

So many of us did ask the same question Elliot was asking, "Why won't girls like us? What exactly is wrong with us even though we've tried everything?" But, physically wounding people would be way beyond us, as the more natural thing to do would be to help out others who are willing to listen. Most of us would flee, not fight, since fighting the system would be futile.

Additionally, most of us had other hobbies and projects as well and did not spend all of our lives brooding over involuntary celibacy. I was quite occupied learning at the library all the time, and that turned out to be one of the most satisfying things during my college years. We also had various friends, whereas Elliot Rodger had literally zero. That's the second factor that had pushed him off the edge. He had no support network.

Having said all of this, I would still like to condemn this act of violence and offer my condolences to all those affected by this tragedy.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm







Postby S_Parc » Tue May 27, 2014 1:43 pm

publicduende wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Yes, I concur with this assessment. I do believe that policies will grow, where solo guys are perceived as a threat, ahead of time. So yeah, carry a laptop with you and look busy. It'll put the management at ease and you might even get a new client, if your business is in investing or trading.


Look chaps, I don't live in Canada or in the US so can't assess with my own eyes what you are describing, let alone judge it. First off, "solo" doesn't mean single. It looks really immature both on the subject and the viewer's part that somebody should have to always go out with their partners or best buddies just to show the world that they are constantly socially validated, like showing a new credit card at the till says something about one's credit score.

Gentlemen, if it's true that you guys have got to a point where an adult man walking into a coffee shop or restaurant and sitting quietly must "feel busy" or pretend to be ready for a transient business chat to be a welcomed patron, then American society is twisted and bent to an angle I can't understand anymore, and probably beyond its elastic properties of self-repair.

If that's true and you haven't recognised the state of total social paranoia you have fallen into by now, I really don't believe one or three more mass shootings will serve as the ultimate wake up call. You have become so desensitised to seeing blood, corpses, violence, from a distant war to round your block, that the next sex-starved kid picking up a rifle and killing another half dozen will make the news and the blogs for a few days, after which the snooze button will be duly pressed again.


Public,

If you travel around, even at those old diners, coffee shops, etc, the senior citizens have their old buddies, discussing music or sporting events from the 1950s or 60s. At one of my favorite local bar/restaurants, there's one guy who's always alone and only the bartender makes conversation with him. Other patrons and waiting staff, fully ignore him. He's considered a 'creep' despite never having done anything. I presume that because he looks, 55-60 years of age, ppl think he's harmless but I guarantee that if he were let's say 25-45 years of age, ppl would be afraid that he were a psychopath.

I once knew someone, who'd developed dementia at an early age, like early 50s, probably because he didn't see his life as a success story and thus, started checking out early. So in place of being a creep, everywhere he went, ppl felt sorry for him. And sometimes, as his chaperone, I was considered a really *nice* guy for taking care of my *uncle* Everyone presumed that he was a relative and I didn't even try to dissuade anyone from that belief.

This is the world around me and I've basically accepted it. Socially speaking, if you don't have some rich inner world and the ability to compartmentalize your life, then you'll have some trouble, esp if your academics and/or career are not successful.

Elliot Rodgers, unlike me, only had parents who basically helped foot his bills. I'm sure that in his mind, he wasn't thinking of studying accounting/finance, getting internship at XYZ corp, passing certification exams, etc, and after getting that first paycheck, flying down to Costa Rica for a quickie at the Hotel DelRey. Instead, he was dreaming about romantic love and being accepted by some blonde bimbos, not even recognizing that they're bimbos.

If my mind were obsessed about that stuff, I would have committed suicide by ages 18-20. Instead, I'd built barriers against getting too close to others and focused on finding work, which would lead me to a successful outplacement in the future. Eventually, as I started traveling, I did explore those inner feelings and was able to become a more whole person, as I'd increased my separation from my parents & sister.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby green1976 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Another young guy recently made a spree shooting.
It's Geddy Kramer.

http://acworth.patch.com/groups/police- ... urt-people

Look his picture on google,his is quit good looking but i read an article who described him as being an invisible dude.
What was appealing, it is considered now to be nobody if you don't have facebook or if your not showing yourself on a network social website.

In his diaries he just say at one point: “I’m a sociopath. I want to hurt people. ... This is not anyone’s fault but mine,â€￾ Kramer wrote.
The North Cobb High School graduate doesn’t blame others for his actions, “This was the result of my own issues: mental instability, depression, frustration, sexual isolation,â€￾ he wrote.

At one point he says too that he couldn't purchase non legal drugs and prostitues to relieve the pressure.
Clearly if you read the very short text he left,he wrotes:"If my self esteem was at a point other than negative and i grew a pair to actually get myself laid,maybe i'de be alive now.

He states that his hobbies are video games and jacking off.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Here's another article on Rodgers that explains what game is. I still think you guys are basing your beliefs on a caricature and outdated information.

Game is little more than the colloquial term for what a man does to meet and attract women. It’s not “manipulationâ€￾ any more than a girl wearing makeup, high heels, and a padded bra is manipulation. Game is talking to girls with confidence; being provocative, but also charming and interesting; and recognizing the difference between what a girls says she wants and the traits of the guys she actually leaves the bar with.

Despite the popularity of the term with the hoi polloi, game doesn’t equal “negging,â€￾ an old, and relatively marginal, practice engaged by commercial pickup artists over a decade ago. Wearing nice shoes is game. Doing yoga in a studio populated with actresses is game. Asking a girl for directions to a place you’ve been to ten times, as an excuse to spark a real conversation with her, is game. Game has existed since men first walked out of caves and subtly inserted killing three mastodons into his grunts at the tribe’s resident hottie. It will still exist when we all return to those caves.


http://www.returnofkings.com/36230/irre ... irl-agenda

Also, look at the first few comments on that article. They're criticizing the PUA community for becoming commercialized!

Why be mad that they aren't fixing society? Us leaving the country doesn't help either.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby pandabear » Tue May 27, 2014 7:32 pm

The Amazing Atheist

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4rKWAX4dw&bpctr=1401220572[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4rKWAX4dw[/youtube]
pandabear
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 am
Location: USA

Postby In2dadark » Tue May 27, 2014 7:52 pm

johnnyderp wrote:I'd bet my left nut he's been on some type of medication.



And you'd be right there Johnny. He's on sperm. The guy's a fag & this is a hoax. I'm the only one who see this?
In2dadark
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Postby Cornfed » Tue May 27, 2014 8:03 pm

In2dadark wrote:
johnnyderp wrote:I'd bet my left nut he's been on some type of medication.



And you'd be right there Johnny. He's on sperm. The guy's a fag & this is a hoax. I'm the only one who see this?

No, many people on other sites have expressed the same opinion. I'm not so sure though. The apparent fagishness could be just what Hollywood young men are like.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Cornfed » Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Also, look at the first few comments on that article. They're criticizing the PUA community for becoming commercialized!

Why be mad that they aren't fixing society?

They are not only not fixing society; they are accelerating its ruination. They are encouraging dickheads to go around making idiot approaches to numerous females in order to get sex. This causes the females to become jaded and cynical about men and hostile and defensive towards men they don't want to f**k, since they will understandably interpret absolutely any contact a man initiates with them as a contrived ploy to get sex. This prevents even the possibility of any useful social interaction. These PUA bullshit artists are not only cheating most of their clients - they are poisoning the well for everyone else.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby fschmidt » Tue May 27, 2014 8:21 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Here's another article on Rodgers that explains what game is. I still think you guys are basing your beliefs on a caricature and outdated information.

Game is little more than the colloquial term for what a man does to meet and attract women. It’s not “manipulationâ€￾ any more than a girl wearing makeup, high heels, and a padded bra is manipulation. Game is talking to girls with confidence; being provocative, but also charming and interesting; and recognizing the difference between what a girls says she wants and the traits of the guys she actually leaves the bar with.

Despite the popularity of the term with the hoi polloi, game doesn’t equal “negging,â€￾ an old, and relatively marginal, practice engaged by commercial pickup artists over a decade ago. Wearing nice shoes is game. Doing yoga in a studio populated with actresses is game. Asking a girl for directions to a place you’ve been to ten times, as an excuse to spark a real conversation with her, is game. Game has existed since men first walked out of caves and subtly inserted killing three mastodons into his grunts at the tribe’s resident hottie. It will still exist when we all return to those caves.

This is bullshit, as I would expect from Return of Kings. It's true that acting like a jerk to attract women, which would be manipulation, is less effective than actually becoming a jerk. What Return of Kings calls "self-improvement" is basically becoming a jerk.

Second, Game primarily exists in decadent cultures. In civilized cultures, Game isn't needed. Return of Kings doesn't recognize the concept of civilized cultures.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:33 pm

fschmidt wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Here's another article on Rodgers that explains what game is. I still think you guys are basing your beliefs on a caricature and outdated information.

Game is little more than the colloquial term for what a man does to meet and attract women. It’s not “manipulationâ€￾ any more than a girl wearing makeup, high heels, and a padded bra is manipulation. Game is talking to girls with confidence; being provocative, but also charming and interesting; and recognizing the difference between what a girls says she wants and the traits of the guys she actually leaves the bar with.

Despite the popularity of the term with the hoi polloi, game doesn’t equal “negging,â€￾ an old, and relatively marginal, practice engaged by commercial pickup artists over a decade ago. Wearing nice shoes is game. Doing yoga in a studio populated with actresses is game. Asking a girl for directions to a place you’ve been to ten times, as an excuse to spark a real conversation with her, is game. Game has existed since men first walked out of caves and subtly inserted killing three mastodons into his grunts at the tribe’s resident hottie. It will still exist when we all return to those caves.

This is bullshit, as I would expect from Return of Kings. It's true that acting like a jerk to attract women, which would be manipulation, is less effective than actually becoming a jerk. What Return of Kings calls "self-improvement" is basically becoming a jerk.

Second, Game primarily exists in decadent cultures. In civilized cultures, Game isn't needed. Return of Kings doesn't recognize the concept of civilized cultures.


Well that's just untrue. They recognize the same thing we do, that American culture is decadent. They often say that game is only needed because civilization is so decadent. Many of their articles advocate the same thing as happier abroad, which is to leave the country for a greater semblance of civilization. They're very aware of the same things we are. I'm sure all those PUAs are just as bitter that game is necessary.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby fschmidt » Tue May 27, 2014 8:38 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Well that's just untrue. They recognize the same thing we do, that American culture is decadent. They often say that game is only needed because civilization is so decadent. Many of their articles advocate the same thing as happier abroad, which is to leave the country for a greater semblance of civilization. They're very aware of the same things we are. I'm sure all those PUAs are just as bitter that game is necessary.

Yes they recognize that American culture is decadent, but they don't really recognize how a civilized culture works. They mostly advocate going abroad because Game is easier there. In fact they are harmful to any culture that they come in contact with. A civilized culture would imprison men with Return of Kings mentality for trying to seduce its young women.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Cornfed wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Also, look at the first few comments on that article. They're criticizing the PUA community for becoming commercialized!

Why be mad that they aren't fixing society?

They are not only not fixing society; they are accelerating its ruination. They are encouraging dickheads to go around making idiot approaches to numerous females in order to get sex. This causes the females to become jaded and cynical about men and hostile and defensive towards men they don't want to f**k, since they will understandably interpret absolutely any contact a man initiates with them as a contrived ploy to get sex. This prevents even the possibility of any useful social interaction. These PUA bullshit artists are not only cheating most of their clients - they are poisoning the well for everyone else.


Do you really think pick up artists are corrupting women? Because I think women are already corrupted by their fathers not doing their jobs and by the media. Sure, they're accelerating society's ruination, but that just makes its rebirth happen sooner. Happier Abroad isn't any better because it's all about leaving the country to rot. If you want to help American society recover, why be on Happier Abroad? The only people PUAs are preying on are already whores.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:45 pm

fschmidt wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Well that's just untrue. They recognize the same thing we do, that American culture is decadent. They often say that game is only needed because civilization is so decadent. Many of their articles advocate the same thing as happier abroad, which is to leave the country for a greater semblance of civilization. They're very aware of the same things we are. I'm sure all those PUAs are just as bitter that game is necessary.

Yes they recognize that American culture is decadent, but they don't really recognize how a civilized culture works. They mostly advocate going abroad because Game is easier there. In fact they are harmful to any culture that they come in contact with. A civilized culture would imprison men with Return of Kings mentality for trying to seduce its young women.


If I believed that were true I'd absolutely agree with you, but I've seen enough of their writings to be convinced that it's not. Sure, what you're describing is true for some PUAs, but not the majority. It's just a caricature.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby nicho12 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:46 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Also, look at the first few comments on that article. They're criticizing the PUA community for becoming commercialized!

Why be mad that they aren't fixing society?

They are not only not fixing society; they are accelerating its ruination. They are encouraging dickheads to go around making idiot approaches to numerous females in order to get sex. This causes the females to become jaded and cynical about men and hostile and defensive towards men they don't want to f**k, since they will understandably interpret absolutely any contact a man initiates with them as a contrived ploy to get sex. This prevents even the possibility of any useful social interaction. These PUA bullshit artists are not only cheating most of their clients - they are poisoning the well for everyone else.


Do you really think pick up artists are corrupting women? Because I think women are already corrupted by their fathers not doing their jobs and by the media. Sure, they're accelerating society's ruination, but that just makes its rebirth happen sooner. Happier Abroad isn't any better because it's all about leaving the country to rot. If you want to help American society recover, why be on Happier Abroad? The only people PUAs are preying on are already whores.


Did you just say help American Society, how can you help a society consumed by extreme selfishness and narcissism, life is too short to help some sick society that doesn't even give a rats ass about you
nicho12
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby fschmidt » Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:If I believed that were true I'd absolutely agree with you, but I've seen enough of their writings to be convinced that it's not. Sure, what you're describing is true for some PUAs, but not the majority. It's just a caricature.

I can only think of one article on Return of Kings in the last year that wasn't bad, the one about foreign wives that wasn't written by a regular contributor. So please post a link to an example of what you would consider to be a good post.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Guts and 4 guests