Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Another shooting in the US.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby S_Parc » Mon May 26, 2014 7:25 pm

publicduende wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, one of the things which is apparent is that men are not liked, sitting in restaurants alone, unless they're carry a book, laptop, or something which indicates that they're normal and sane. Usually, a guy has to be with a buddy or out on a date with a woman.

Thus, if this guy didn't have enough regular pals, then he'd be facing even more ostracism out there.

I suspect that restaurant/cafe owners will start to treat solo men, as undesirable patrons, more and more, as time goes by and the media starts to spin each mass killing, as the intrinsic nature of solo men.


That's a bit of an exaggeration... Do you see man apartheid soon where lonely men will have to sit in a separate area of the eatery, not to risk disturbing the buddy clusters and dating couple with their disgusting transient loneliness? :)


It's not an exaggeration. The reason why the apartheid hasn't hit me is that when I'm solo, I've got my book/tablet/computer with me. There are usually stock symbols and so forth on my screensavers and there's always something which looks like a currency pair, like British Pound/USD on my normal screen. The net result ... the impression/vibe I give off is successful professional & I'm put next to the couples & buddies, as they could probably use some financial advice from a real "expert" in the vicinity.

When I see other guys running solo, however, they're usually put in the corners or away from the central gathering areas. That's also something I'd noticed when Mel and I started seeing each other. We were treated very well by most dining & drinking establishments and given great seating arrangements.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm







Postby publicduende » Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

S_Parc wrote:
publicduende wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, one of the things which is apparent is that men are not liked, sitting in restaurants alone, unless they're carry a book, laptop, or something which indicates that they're normal and sane. Usually, a guy has to be with a buddy or out on a date with a woman.

Thus, if this guy didn't have enough regular pals, then he'd be facing even more ostracism out there.

I suspect that restaurant/cafe owners will start to treat solo men, as undesirable patrons, more and more, as time goes by and the media starts to spin each mass killing, as the intrinsic nature of solo men.


That's a bit of an exaggeration... Do you see man apartheid soon where lonely men will have to sit in a separate area of the eatery, not to risk disturbing the buddy clusters and dating couple with their disgusting transient loneliness? :)


It's not an exaggeration. The reason why the apartheid hasn't hit me is that when I'm solo, I've got my book/tablet/computer with me. There are usually stock symbols and so forth on my screensavers and there's always something which looks like a currency pair, like British Pound/USD on my normal screen. The net result ... the impression/vibe I give off is successful professional & I'm put next to the couples & buddies, as they could probably use some financial advice from a real "expert" in the vicinity.

When I see other guys running solo, however, they're usually put in the corners or away from the central gathering areas. That's also something I'd noticed when Mel and I started seeing each other. We were treated very well by most dining & drinking establishments and given great seating arrangements.


Oh Canada the Great... :) I think it's quite common for waiters to accommodate couples and groups in the better areas as they are going to rack up the higher bills. I often have a lunchtime pizza in a place near Piccadilly Circus (incredibly, not a tourist trap at all, excellent Neapolitan style pizza) and I always choose a table in the far corner, with a view on the street. That's because I don't want to be disturbed and have a look at the passerbys when I look up from my iPad screen.

I wouldn't make it a big symptom of single men isolation...

LOL did you actually get somebody to peek into your screen and ask for some improvised FX advice? I usually read ZeroHedge or an Kindle eBook, sometimes HA too. I sometimes wonder what crossed those (mostly Italian) waiters' mind as they see those sidebars full of hot Russian ladies :)
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby Bitch_Slapper » Mon May 26, 2014 8:11 pm

publicduende wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, one of the things which is apparent is that men are not liked, sitting in restaurants alone, unless they're carry a book, laptop, or something which indicates that they're normal and sane. Usually, a guy has to be with a buddy or out on a date with a woman.

Thus, if this guy didn't have enough regular pals, then he'd be facing even more ostracism out there.

I suspect that restaurant/cafe owners will start to treat solo men, as undesirable patrons, more and more, as time goes by and the media starts to spin each mass killing, as the intrinsic nature of solo men.


That's a bit of an exaggeration... Do you see man apartheid soon where lonely men will have to sit in a separate area of the eatery, not to risk disturbing the buddy clusters and dating couple with their disgusting transient loneliness? :)


No bright guy, it's no exaggeration. In fact, that practice had been around a while, on British Airways, Qantas, Air New Zealand, and Virgin Australia (all Anglo-based airlines -- interesting commonality there).

BA's only mistake was timing: they started the practice too early on. But the fact is, they had already targeted single men, and it's not out of the question that America would do something similar sooner or later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_s ... ontroversy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... verts.html

It happened already. And incidents like what just happened can only inspire more suspicious feelings towards solo men.
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Postby publicduende » Mon May 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Bitch_Slapper wrote:No bright guy, it's no exaggeration. In fact, that practice had been around a while, on British Airways, Qantas, Air New Zealand, and Virgin Australia (all Anglo-based airlines -- interesting commonality there).

BA's only mistake was timing: they started the practice too early on. But the fact is, they had already targeted single men, and it's not out of the question that America would do something similar sooner or later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_s ... ontroversy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... verts.html

It happened already. And incidents like what just happened can only inspire more suspicious feelings towards solo men.


Oh you're talking about that famous "no adult males next to an unaccompanied child" policy. Well yes, I agree the policy is somewhat discriminatory against males, but I could name you quite a few policies, both written and unwritten, that are openly discriminatory against women. So what?

Now I think about it, come on, it's such a rare event! I fly at least a dozen times every year, half of the time alone, and such an occurrence never happened to me. Nor have I ever seen a fellow male passenger being asked to choose another seat because of that policy. Perhaps underage kids flying without an adult chaperone is more common on local flights in Australia or New Zealand, who knows...

And anyway, S_Parc was talking about restaurants and coffee shops.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby Bitch_Slapper » Mon May 26, 2014 9:52 pm

publicduende wrote:Oh you're talking about that famous "no adult males next to an unaccompanied child" policy.


Yes, I am. But the basis for that policy is the main point, not the policy itself.

publicduende wrote:Well yes, I agree the policy is somewhat discriminatory against males


It IS discriminatory against males, which was particularly unjust and offensive.

publicduende wrote:but I could name you quite a few policies, both written and unwritten, that are openly discriminatory against women. So what?


That is no justification for the practice. That is an AVOIDANCE of the issue of unjust discriminatory practices against males.

And I really would like to know where in American society women are oppressed, or otherwise suffer, due to these " few policies, both written and unwritten, that are openly discriminatory against women."

publicduende wrote:Now I think about it, come on, it's such a rare event! I fly at least a dozen times every year, half of the time alone, and such an occurrence never happened to me. Nor have I ever seen a fellow male passenger being asked to choose another seat because of that policy. Perhaps underage kids flying without an adult chaperone is more common on local flights in Australia or New Zealand, who knows...

And anyway, S_Parc was talking about restaurants and coffee shops.


Which is not the point.

Don't get cocky, and think you are safe and insulated from what's taking place all around you. As I said, incidents like what happened over the weekend only arouse feelings of fear, paranoia, and suspicion in US society, which may translate into policy, stated or unstated.
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Postby S_Parc » Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Bitch_Slapper wrote:
publicduende wrote:Now I think about it, come on, it's such a rare event! I fly at least a dozen times every year, half of the time alone, and such an occurrence never happened to me. Nor have I ever seen a fellow male passenger being asked to choose another seat because of that policy. Perhaps underage kids flying without an adult chaperone is more common on local flights in Australia or New Zealand, who knows...

And anyway, S_Parc was talking about restaurants and coffee shops.


Which is not the point.

Don't get cocky, and think you are safe and insulated from what's taking place all around you. As I said, incidents like what happened over the weekend only arouse feelings of fear, paranoia, and suspicion in US society, which may translate into policy, stated or unstated.


Yes, I concur with this assessment. I do believe that policies will grow, where solo guys are perceived as a threat, ahead of time. So yeah, carry a laptop with you and look busy. It'll put the management at ease and you might even get a new client, if your business is in investing or trading.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby steve55 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 pm

publicduende wrote:
chanta76 wrote:I don't know if I condone the shooting...

[...]

The only way for the public to kind of know where these men come from is if there are more shooting. If you have other shooters saying the same thing..than maybe people will say that it's f***ed up society but the public will always go against violence.

[...]



Have you phucking lost your mind? Sober up and go re-read what you just wrote asap dude. And delete this shit. This is stuff that can get the authorities to close HA forever.


Hmmmm. I didn't see anything wrong with what chanta said. Perhaps a misunderstanding is going on here. I didn't interpret Chanta's comments as promoting or encouraging or suggesting more shootings. I saw his statement as just a simple statement of mere "fact". I actually agree with his "observation" that if this kind of thing were to happen more and more, more people will truly start to realize how messed up American society really is, (if they haven't already figured it out with the other mass shootings). but especially if more guys were to start leaving manifestos like this guy in relation to how badly women treat men in America today. And of course, George Sodini did the same thing back in 2009 and George's manifesto (I think his was in a video?) said the same exact stuff that this guy did. Oddly enough, both of them had several things in common, both had money (enough to travel and date abroad) and aspergers.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Bitch_Slapper » Mon May 26, 2014 11:45 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Anyone calling this a false flag yet? ;)



[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdW9gYoYzB0&list=UUFjOi1ZpZVErr8EYxg8t1dQ&index=4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZX_FbzGrk&list=UUFjOi1ZpZVErr8EYxg8t1dQ[/youtube]
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Postby pandabear » Tue May 27, 2014 12:50 am

From his Facebook Page, one of his favorite movies was Titanic.

https://www.facebook.com/elliot.rodger.3?fref=ts

Which means that he had to have been a closeted gay.
pandabear
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 am
Location: USA

Postby EnSabahNur » Tue May 27, 2014 12:57 am

pandabear wrote:From his Facebook Page, one of his favorite movies was Titanic.

https://www.facebook.com/elliot.rodger.3?fref=ts

Which means that he had to have been a closeted gay.


I playing the gay card based off his lip gloss.
EnSabahNur
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Postby FusionX20 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 am

Lots of people think it's a hoax including Bill Greyhouse, the man who coined the term TFL. I don't know if he changed his mind or what he said in his latest video but he thought this based on the guy's circumstances and how he was acting on camera.

I think "we" can somewhat relate to what he was saying but not his actions..

It kinda just proves you don't have to be ugly and poor to be challenged by this whole female agenda that's rigged against men. Steve Hoca talked about this and he thinks looks do play a major role, though I don't understand how a guy who's decent looking and has lots of money would get to this point. There's still a lot of conspiracy behind it that we'll never know. However, based on what he was saying, I knew he was serious, most people think the way he presented himself was a joke but people who studied a bit of psychology can see further. :(
Last edited by FusionX20 on Tue May 27, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:11 am
Location: NYC

Postby EnSabahNur » Tue May 27, 2014 1:04 am

Yep, after reviewing a few more pics of his posing I believe ol' boy didn't get laid because he was setting off chick's gaydar. I bet the only friend requests he got were from tops. I see the light reflecting off his greasy lips. That fool has on lip gloss and that ain't appropriate for a man ever. I'm willing to bet money in time there will be a gay connection made. Maybe he felt that if a woman gave him attention that would have prevented him from being gay.
Last edited by EnSabahNur on Tue May 27, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnSabahNur
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Postby Falcon » Tue May 27, 2014 1:04 am

pandabear wrote:From his Facebook Page, one of his favorite movies was Titanic.

https://www.facebook.com/elliot.rodger.3?fref=ts

Which means that he had to have been a closeted gay.


I find overwhelming evidence that he was completely straight.

He gets called gay for not being a sheep, and not liking all that hip-hop and pop junk that his classmates are into.

Repeated bullying and ostracizing like this is what pushes these folks off the edge.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby EnSabahNur » Tue May 27, 2014 1:07 am

Falcon wrote:
pandabear wrote:From his Facebook Page, one of his favorite movies was Titanic.

https://www.facebook.com/elliot.rodger.3?fref=ts

Which means that he had to have been a closeted gay.


I find overwhelming evidence that he was completely straight.



There is nothing straight about lipgloss.
EnSabahNur
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Postby Falcon » Tue May 27, 2014 1:12 am

Repatriate wrote:Btw, he wasn't really bullied in Santa Barbara he was tormented throughout high school and it caused a really weird complex to develop with him. The incident in UCSB you're thinking of is when he got drunk and tried to assault some girls and some guys beat him up because of it.


His manifesto did say that he got bullied by roommates in Santa Barbara, Ryan and Angel. They would torment him everyday so much that Elliot often cried alone and called up his mother about it.

And you're right. As you get to the end of the manifesto, he delves into horrific fantasy gore and violence, some of which very unfortunately turned into reality.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], HA1729, publicduende and 2 guests