Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Check out Steve's new fiancee! She looks like a real gem!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby steve55 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

publicduende wrote:
steve55 wrote:Yea, I think so too. By the way, I should clarify that while I am indeed doing a fiancée visa to bring her here, we also realize we need to spend more time together before sealing the deal or making a ultimate final decision. I only spent a week with her in the Phils as I met her at the end of my trip. Hopefully all works out as we hope. That's why the government alots 90 days. It doesn't take 90 days to get married. People could marry within 2 weeks of your fiancee's arrival just by planning it all before her arrival, so even the government realizes couples need time, especially for the girl to make sure she is comfortable in her new environment too. We plan to use that allotment of time.

Why don't you guys sign up for the next season of 90 Day Fiance? You two look the part!

I thought about it months ago but then I realized that I don't think I have the family environment that this show requires. The show features the interactions with lots of family and friends. As for me, I've got 1 close friend whom I hang out with regularly. I have very little family here, just my mom, stepmom, and dad (all in their upper 70's). That's a pool of 4 people only to try to make the show interesting. The people featured on the show have huge families all around them which provides lots of interview/ filming material. Notice how they also had lots of drama? Several dudes had very tight budgets which was drama within itself as the girls were pressing for nicer things. The girl from Colombia was very headstrong and came across as very materialistic. Her fiancé (the OK cowboy) had a job that wasn't giving him the time off to get married. One guy had a kid and an very opinionated x wife in the mix. So in a nutshell, all had big families involved and lots of issues/ drama. I don't offer any of those things. Jobie and I will be too boring for them. Lol. So, I'm not so sure that I would be their preferred candidate. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try, I think it would be pretty cool to be in the show. Lol
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:00 am

Id say you have a very good chance of making it work though you might be one fo the very few who got lucky in such a short visit but you may be bored of her after a few days you never know since you haven't spent enough time.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby steve55 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 am

Wow, she just sent me this photo taken a few weeks ago. Is it just me or does she really look so amazing? She is sooo feminine. Im thinking that when she gets here, guys are going to take notice. She is simply to sweet and feminine looking, both of which most men really like in a woman. Ahhhh, Hair bands, that's my weakness!

steve55
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Wow check out this new photo that Steve's fiancee posted to her Facebook. She looks so lovely and angelic in it, especially in white.

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Raja » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:18 am

davewe wrote:
steve55 wrote:
I hear ya davewe. As Winston said, I don't think I can make it back. My back is too messed up to fly coach and I can't afford the hit of the cost of a first class ticket, and I can't get off work for another 12 months which is simply a big waste of time in my point of view.

The way I see it, I'm not sure what good it will do to make another 2 week trip to the Phils 12 months from now when we can spend up to 3 months here and now. If the concern is making the right decision and not moving too fast, isn't 3 months better than 2 weeks, especially when it's done in the US where a couple can get an even better idea in the actual environment of how their life will be??

Over the years I have seen heated debates on message boards about this issue, regarding why the government gives you so long , up to 3 months. I've encountered numerous websites on the issue (even immigration attorney sites) that say the same thing that the discovery channel 90 day fiancé show says, which is that the 90 days allows for a couple to be sure of their decision by having time together here and for the immigrant fiancée to make sure she wants to live with her fiancé in the US.

There are arguments for both sides. Technically, if interviewed on the subject, the government being as conservative as it is would probably take your view of it, I agree with that. But many people such as 90 day fiancé show and many legal immigration sites clearly think that it's for this purpose even if the government text technically doesn't specifically say that. I think if they admitted that, it would open the flood gates of abuse by people who will use it just for fun with never having intent. Many things in life are like this, sort of "unspoken".

Again, the best evidence I see on this issue is to ask does it take 90 days to get married?? No it doesn't, in fact, if the guy plans most of the wedding before his fiancé even arrives, it's extremely easy to get married within 1 -2 weeks of her arrival. Again, if it's all pre planned which there is plenty of time to do once a couple recieve noa2 and have an idea of her interview date, hence eta of her arrival date, it's extremely easy to do.

That alone is common sense that the 90 days is like an unspoken intent for the couple to have enough time to make sure of their decision. Even 90 day fiancé literally says this on their show. I remember it and it's implied on their website. I'm not claiming that the discovery channel is an authority on this issue. Lol. But it's proof that there is a commonly held belief and perception by a great many who see it this way.

Anyways, everyone has their opinion on the issue. And lastly, most importantly, jobie understands all this so there is no hidden agenda or false expectations. As far as she and I are concerned, we know what we are doing. Some people get bent out of shape about it because they feel it's bending the rules. Even if that were so , I'll be the first to admit , I'm not one to be a strict conformist when it comes to always following every written rule on the books as long as it's not hurting anyone else. :)

IOW, the 90 days will go by in a blur. You will have fun, you will learn stuff about each other, but it's not enough time to "be sure" if you weren't sure before.

Wow! How many couples have had more than 2-4 weeks together before they decide to marry??? I have two close friends who married Filipinas. 1 guy married after just one two week trip and another decided to marry after only 4 says together (I should know as I was with him when he first met her and 4 days later announced to me they decided to get married) my x filipina fiancée's American husband brought an engagement ring for her on his very first trip!!! Lol. It only took him 1 week to propose.

Basically, most guys only get 2 weeks off per year and so they end up pulling the trigger after only 1 trip. This is the case with every single couple I personally know, and by the way, all of these couples I mentioned had kids together and are going strong many years later. For me, it's been quite rare to hear of guys making several trips over several years before deciding to marry. So, that's why I found your comment about 90 days maybe not being enough as a bit of a surprise. :) What man can get anywhere near that much time off to spend with a girl even if over many years, unless he is self employed or makes a living off the Internet like Winston does. The average joe gets 2 weeks vacation per year.

Anyways, thanks to all who have positive comments.

The good news Steve is that you will have a number of months between the time you file and the time the Visa is approved. Took us 7 months which is typical. You will have all that time to cam online and continue to get to know each other better. And it will not be entirely stress free. The K-1 process is as I mentioned before a pain and there will be times of stress. I think it's positive because you will get to see how each of you responds.

The issue is not how much time you've spent together in person nor how many months or years you've known each other. As I mentioned previously I know many successful marriages where they only met once before getting the Visa. The issue is how sure the two people are. Love and marriage is strange in that way. A person can be sure in a day or not sure in ten years. You both have plenty of time.

I am sure you already know about Visa Journey. It's a great resource and at some point in the process, you'll have questions.

You're relatively new in this extended community, I have seen many fiance's some who made it to Dallas. Let's just say this isn't Steve's first rodeo
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't know you too well Steve, but you both make a cute couple. 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:30 am

Wow check out this photo collage that Steve's fiancee made of her and him. Wow. Isn't that so sweet and romantic?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby steve55 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:36 am

NOt to toot my own horn but I couldn't resist with this new photo that she just sent me today. Is her nature not the complete OPPOSITE of a western woman!!! dammmmm! Webster's dictionary should use this photo under the word "HUMBLE" or "GENUINE" (IMHO) lol

steve55
Junior Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:38 am

I hope you didn't plan to marry this girl as some kind of experiment for your website or ego. The fact you ran off to columbia and not even sure you want to marry her when you bring her over makes me question your feelings for her.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby steve55 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I hope you didn't plan to marry this girl as some kind of experiment for your website or ego.

Newlife, enough with the low blows ok? You're upset because I had a counter opinion in one of your threads. Otherwise, why would you say something so outlandish and insulting like that? Anyways, setting that aside, think about it, I could promote my site FAR better if I could post lots of photos of all the ladies I've met and dated during my foreign travels over the years in the same way Winston has done rather than just 1 girl as it would offer more proof of what's possible abroad. Out of respect for Jobie, I took down other photos I had on my site with other girls several months ago.

not even sure you want to marry her when you bring her over makes me question your feelings for her.

Questioning my feelings? No. Making sure we are right for each other based on something other than internet relations, yes. I don't know if you knew this or not, but I've spent a total of 1 week face to face with Jobie. I think it's only prudent to spend more than 1 week with someone in person before marrying them. Or, is that just me?

And again, that's why the government allows 90 days.(Though they would never admit that). If the 90 days was truly only for planning purposes, that doesn't make any sense because think about it, ....your fiancée doesn't have to be in the US for you to plan schedule, send invitations out etc. Right? Planning could easily be done right after visa approval. Once she is approved, a guy can set the date with certainty and the fiancé visa is good for 6 months as it is. That's plenty of time to plan etc. So this theory that it serves ONLY to allow time to get married holds no water at all. Your fiancée doesn't have to be physically in the US in order to plan a wedding. The government can't officially publish or admit that though because if they did, it would open the flood gates for major abuse of the system by couples who have no intentions or hopes of getting married at all. Unfortunately, like 99% of citizens of 3rd world countries, Jobie cant come here to the US to visit or else we would definitely do that first to spend more time together. And I can't go back to the Phils. That doesn't leave us much choice. She knows the score so everything is out in the open and that's what matters to me, transparency .

Have you seen 90 day fiancé ? See the home page here at http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance. On this page it says

"The stakes are incredibly high as these couples will each be forced to make a life-altering decision: get married or send their international mate home."

But wait, hold on, how can they say the words "make a life altering decision" if they've already decided to marry? What do they mean by that? I thought these couples already decided. LOL, see my point?? It's a no brainer that couples use that 90 days to make sure of everything, that doesn't mean they don't have feelings or honest intentions. Though, I know there are some straight arrows who will disagree with this interpretation. The 90 day fiancé show clearly shows there is a reality application of what the 90 days is for.
steve55
Junior Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:29 pm

steve55 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I hope you didn't plan to marry this girl as some kind of experiment for your website or ego.

Newlife, enough with the low blows ok? You're upset because I had a counter opinion in one of your threads. Otherwise, why would you say something so outlandish and insulting like that? Anyways, setting that aside, think about it, I could promote my site FAR better if I could post lots of photos of all the ladies I've met and dated during my foreign travels over the years in the same way Winston has done rather than just 1 girl as it would offer more proof of what's possible abroad. Out of respect for Jobie, I took down other photos I had on my site with other girls several months ago.

not even sure you want to marry her when you bring her over makes me question your feelings for her.

Questioning my feelings? No. Making sure we are right for each other based on something other than internet relations, yes. I don't know if you knew this or not, but I've spent a total of 1 week face to face with Jobie. I think it's only prudent to spend more than 1 week with someone in person before marrying them. Or, is that just me?

And again, that's why the government allows 90 days.(Though they would never admit that). If the 90 days was truly only for planning purposes, that doesn't make any sense because think about it, ....your fiancée doesn't have to be in the US for you to plan schedule, send invitations out etc. Right? Planning could easily be done right after visa approval. Once she is approved, a guy can set the date with certainty and the fiancé visa is good for 6 months as it is. That's plenty of time to plan etc. So this theory that it serves ONLY to allow time to get married holds no water at all. Your fiancée doesn't have to be physically in the US in order to plan a wedding. The government can't officially publish or admit that though because if they did, it would open the flood gates for major abuse of the system by couples who have no intentions or hopes of getting married at all. Unfortunately, like 99% of citizens of 3rd world countries, Jobie cant come here to the US to visit or else we would definitely do that first to spend more time together. And I can't go back to the Phils. That doesn't leave us much choice. She knows the score so everything is out in the open and that's what matters to me, transparency .

Have you seen 90 day fiancé ? See the home page here at http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance. On this page it says

"The stakes are incredibly high as these couples will each be forced to make a life-altering decision: get married or send their international mate home."

But wait, hold on, how can they say the words "make a life altering decision" if they've already decided to marry? What do they mean by that? I thought these couples already decided. LOL, see my point?? It's a no brainer that couples use that 90 days to make sure of everything, that doesn't mean they don't have feelings or honest intentions. Though, I know there are some straight arrows who will disagree with this interpretation. The 90 day fiancé show clearly shows there is a reality application of what the 90 days is for.

No i thought your situation is bizarre when i found out you went to columbia and barely knew this girl yet want to visa her. Thats my point you barely know here and you clearly don't love her yet you just met her AND soon ran off to columbia afterwards. yet your willing to bring her over for possibility of marriage. Forget the website i actually think its some kind of experiement for your own ego satisfaction.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby SilverEnergy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:18 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I hope you didn't plan to marry this girl as some kind of experiment for your website or ego. The fact you ran off to columbia and not even sure you want to marry her when you bring her over makes me question your feelings for her.

You have an agenda on this website as you are on purposely trying to put doubt in the minds of men from going overseas and getting with foreign women.

I think you are doing this on purpose.

Every single post you have made has been negative.

You have been discouraging men in post after post after post from getting with women abroad.

Why are you on this website?

Steve55 is posting pictures of his pretty fillipino woman and you are here trashing him???

You need to get off this website man.

I'm surprised that no one has called you out on it.

Winston and Zboy1, take care of this poster.

EVERYONE on this website BEWARE!!!
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Re: Check out Steve's new fiancee! She looks like a real gem

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 am

Update:

Steve told me that it didn't work out with him and Jobie. He told me that Jobie went to Texas on a fiancee visa as planned, but when she arrived, for some reason he felt no love or attraction to her. So they didn't get married. After a while, Jobie used the rest of her three month stay in the US to visit her relatives in California.

Steve doesn't know what happened. He thinks he may be too picky or have bad judgment cause this kind of thing has happened with him before when he picked a fiancee. From now on though, he will focus more on South America since it's closer to the US.

Hope you guys don't get too hard on him, but offer him some constructive advice or suggestions instead.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Raja » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Winston wrote:Update:

Steve told me that it didn't work out with him and Jobie. He told me that Jobie went to Texas on a fiancee visa as planned, but when she arrived, for some reason he felt no love or attraction to her. So they didn't get married. After a while, Jobie used the rest of her three month stay in the US to visit her relatives in California.

Steve doesn't know what happened. He thinks he may be too picky or have bad judgment cause this kind of thing has happened with him before when he picked a fiancee. From now on though, he will focus more on South America since it's closer to the US.

Hope you guys don't get too hard on him, but offer him some constructive advice or suggestions instead.

This is not Steve's first rodeo. Like you he has spent the better part of a decade in this extended community and even picked up the name "visas by the dozens" on one site. It seems to be his nature to go through the petition process getting an IMBRA waiver just to get a fiance stateside and then like Marcia in the classic Brady Bunch episode something suddenly comes up

Generally speaking Filipinos are okay with extended family living arrangements as they expect to be helping care for parents in their senior years, unless there are some unstated major mental issues going on I say this has to do with visas by the dozens own issues.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby WorldTraveler » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Steve is an intelligent guy and knows what he is doing. He would have spent more time with his girl in the Philippines if he could have. Not everyone can take months or years off to live with their prospective wife in their country. He certainly doesn't want to go through the fiancee visa process for the hell of it. It was a necessary way for him to get more time with his girl. Three months is nothing. I've spent years with girls to only find out that we are not compatible for a marriage, or at least a good marriage. Whatever decision Steve made I believe in Steve 100%!
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions