Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


To Rock/Davewe: Why looks REFLECT what a person actually IS!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » June 4th, 2014, 9:01 am

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Post by Repatriate » June 4th, 2014, 9:04 am

jamesbond wrote:Image
Wow, I guess Winston's theory is 100% correct animals do have the most uncanny facial expressions like humans we know! :lol:

Zionosis
Freshman Poster
Posts: 424
Joined: December 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Post by Zionosis » June 4th, 2014, 12:13 pm

You are also confusing Facial expressions with genetically how a persons face looks. Like those dogs for instance you posted. They are expressions the dogs are making. Not how they look just normally. Big difference. Any animal can pull aggressive expressions if it wants and most other animals recognize what it means.

Winston I am sorry but you are wrong mostly. Let me explain. Seeing Chuck Norris's face reminds you of martial arts because it has been drilled into you from his movies and all the over Hollywood stuff about him. That way whenever you see his face you are reminded of a Karate guy or something. It's impossible for you to imagine what you would think about his look if he was just some normal person because the identity of him has already been written in your brain. Same as how you look at Jackie Chan and think Kung Fu but in reality if Hollywood didn't drill that image into you then you would never see him as that. Even Bruce Lee for that matter. If you saw him and never knew him with his shirt off and all and wearing those clothes he wears then you would assume martial artist. But if you never knew him and just saw his face then you wouldn't know it. Remember it's drilled really deep, Such as games and other things sort of use similar looks because it's been pre associated.
Steven Seagal looks like a fat turd and even after the movies and everything it's still pretty hard to associate him with martial arts. He looks more like some large fat native American man.


Now let me try to explain something with human faces that is a partially legit point. If you have someone that has a mean looking face and someone that naturally has a kind looking face then most of the time their personality will actually match their face. But it isn't because of being born with that personality. It's their experience in life.
For example they look at their face in the mirror and see how they look and other people treat them a certain way and pre judge them in a certain way. A lot of the time they end up the way they seem to people because their looks and self perspective leads them on that path. Make sense?

As far as dogs faces and things like that I am afraid you are wrong. I have come across many dogs that looked scary but It's actually more of a case of not being scared of them and being friendly to them.
One time there was a stray dog outside our house and it was very large and looked like some sort of guard dog but I could tell it was lost and obviously no one helped it because of it's looks. Anyway I took it water and got low to the ground and talked to it and it approached me like it was scared and then all of a sudden ran at me all happy and rubbing up against me and I felt sorry for it. Luckily I found out who owned it and returned it home.


But people are of course a little different in the example I posted 2 paragraphs up. But you are still wrong to just look at someone and assume they are kind just because they look kind or assume they are bad just because genetically they have a tougher looking face.

Elliot Rogers didn't look mean or evil, Unless the association has already set into your mind.
Anders Behring Breivik who shot all those people in Norway also didn't look like a persona that would do that either.
http://www.peninsularity.com/wp-content ... reivik.jpg

Vinnie Jones looks like a thug so they put him in movies like that. Same goes for many other actors. But in real life they aren't bad people.

Bruce Willis despite all his tough man movies still to me looks like just a nice guy.

Winston. How about you just lose some weight for gods sake. Your would at least go up a point in looks just by losing all the fat.
And of course women and even men pre judge people by their looks but a lot of the times people get it wrong and women end up being killed and men end up getting destroyed in a divorce being married to a horror woman.
Instead of judging someone on their facial genetics (which is stupid) you are far better off looking at their behavior for just 15+ seconds or so and that can tell you quite a bit about their personality. At least the basics about their personality it can tell you. People are still too complicated and to truly know who they really are you would have to get to know them. Or at least observe them for weeks. But that's weird.

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » June 4th, 2014, 5:21 pm

Winston's face on a cat's body. :D

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » June 4th, 2014, 5:24 pm

This is what Winston would look like as a koala bear. :D

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25344
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 4th, 2014, 5:35 pm

onethousandknives wrote:So, Winston, how do people perceive you based on your looks, then?
I told you in the OP. Didn't you read? People say that I look kind, genuine, down-to-earth, like someone they can trust. Etc. And it's true. That is me. So my looks reflect what I am. Even people online that have never met say that based on my photos.

I have one photo that reflects this especially but I can't find the large version of it. In that one, people have said that my eyes look soulful, which is true because I am very soulful and deep.

So yes, I am an example of this.

But I don't see why some of you guys have a problem getting this. The principle is simple and logical: The outer is a reflection of the inner. Everyone can understand that. Why can't you? There's nothing to debate really.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » June 4th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Winston wrote:People say that I look kind, genuine, down-to-earth, like someone they can trust. Etc. And it's true. That is me. So my looks reflect what I am. Even people online that have never met say that based on my photos.
They say a picture says a thousand words. :D

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25344
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 4th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Rock wrote:Why looks MATCH what a person actually is?

Well yes, if a person is wearing a police uniform, he's probably a cop. If a dog is bearing it's teeth, it's probably about to bite. So many types of people wear much of their identity and how they see themselves on their sleeve so to speak. Other examples of this - gangbangers, a lot of gay guys, butch dykes, skin heads, Mormon missionaries, crackheads, weight lifters/bodybuilders, etc.

But all I've said in a previous thread is that just because a person may look approachable in one or even a few still photos does not count for much because it does not give a strong indication of the person's character, how nice they are, etc. Case in point, you Hall of Villains page has several people who look approachable and friendly. Yet many if not all of them turned out to be bad apples cus they were bad or mean to you in some way. They were not true sincere friends.

Also, Winston, you've admitted that you look dopey in many of the photos taken of you. Yet you see yourself as an enlightened out of the box free thinking one-of-a-kind European intellectual Asian. That doesn't sound dopey. So if someone saw your dopey photo, how would you expect them to correctly gauge who you really are (or see yourself at least) as a person?

Personally, I rely on face-to-face interaction to get a feeling of how a person is. If I can't get that, some video footage of the person interacting with others might give me an indication. Still photos often just don't cut it as far as I'm concerned.
I don't understand you. Being approachable has nothing to do with having good morals. Of course scammers and con artists are going to be approachable because they want your money and want to lure you into their trap. But they usually do look like shady characters. That's why they have to sweet talk you with false words.

Even my Hall of Villains page proves my point. Have a look again:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Hall_of_Villains.htm

Notice that all the guys such as Vadim and his two cohorts, all have a shady conniving look. They look like weasels and con artists, the type that would pull such a scam on me. But society told me not to be shallow, so I judged them by their deceptive words, not by their looks. If I had gone by their looks, I would have thought they were unsavory characters.

Many people on my fan list said that Vadim looked like a weasel and rat, and that I should never have trusted him in the first place. If you look at his photos, you will see what they mean.

That brings me to something else I want to tell you:

I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but remember that Yanis guy who scammed me with Julia and Katya during "The Negotiator Scam"?
http://www.happierabroad.com/The_Negotiator_Scam.htm

Well I don't have a photo of him, because he didn't want me to take one of him. But his face was twisted and looked like that of a low level criminal or con man. He looked like some villain character out of a Dick Tracy comic book.

But I didn't go by his looks. He had a flattering tongue and told you what you wanted to hear. That's how they manipulate people. They do not look good or wholesome at all. They use their words to deceive and manipulate. Not their looks.

So yes, that con man Yanis had looks that matched what he was, an unsavory character and con man.

I'm telling you the truth Rock. You should admit that I have a good point here since I have an infinite number of examples to prove my point, which I don't even need because this is all common knowledge.

Btw, remember Julia and Katya? Well many guys said that they looked like floosy whores based on their photos and videos. And they were right. That's what they were. Interesting how those guys were right based on photos and videos alone, isn't it?

Also, when I first arrived in the Philippines, these two guys kept trying to get me into their trike to go somewhere with them. But they did not look like normal nice guys at all. They looked like unsavory con men who were evil, corrupt, and the type that would mug you or kidnap you for money.

That happened twice. Both times the men on the trike looked very unsavory, nasty and shady and had evil faces. They did not look clean or wholesome at all. Far from it.

So even the con men in the Philippines I saw looked like con men.

How do you explain that?

Why do you think photos are zero evidence? Surely you don't claim that do you? No one would. Of course photos reveal a lot too. The outer is a reflection of the inner.

If I didn't know who Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris was, I could still tell that they were into martial arts cause they look like the types that are.

I am guessing that people think I look dopey. Only a few people have called me that. But "dopey" is not a characteristic. It's a look that is kind of subjective and a matter of perception. A dopey guy can be smart. But it depends on who is judging. Some bullies want to see me as dopey because they want to see me as a target.

Anyway, surely you're not telling me that you don't understand such simple points and examples above?

Most Americans admit that what you see is what you get. They are simple and show what they are. This is especially true with authentic people. Surely you know that.

Also Rock, you can Steve Neese and he will tell you that my impressions of his fiancee based on her photos is very ACCURATE even though I've never met her. How do you explain that?

In fact Rock, your looks accurately reflect what you are too. I mentioned that in my examples. Your face looks like an Asiafile, and an Asian guy in a white body, with an Asian soul, Asian characteristics, etc. And that's what you are. So your looks accurately reflect what you are. So you yourself is an example that proves my obvious point.

All of this is self-explanatory. So what do you disagree with?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » June 4th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8111
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Post by jamesbond » June 4th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25344
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 4th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Rock, here is Vadim. He's in the photo with me on the left. He set me up in the Private Police Scam and led me into am ambush too, something I thought only happened in the movies. Details here:
http://www.happierabroad.com/The_Privat ... e_Scam.htm

Notice his face. People said that he looks like a rat and weasel and should never have been trusted. He definitely doesn't look wholesome or innocent. He looks like the kind of guy who would pull such a scam and setup for a little money. He has that conniving trickster hustler look. See what I mean? So again, he looks like the kind of guy he is.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25344
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 4th, 2014, 11:58 pm

Repatriate wrote:Winston, animals are not a good comparison to make with humans. Dogs have simple emotions and rely on instinctual pack behavior. That's why they display obvious signs of fear or aggression. Humans have larger brains with more complex emotions and higher levels of critical thinking. Dogs are incapable of true self awareness as scientists have shown with the mirror test.

Just because someone dresses or looks a certain way it doesn't mean they _are_ that way. People often dress or look a certain way to fit in with a subset or they do it for more complex reasons. Besides, the examples you used are all actors or limelight people. They are especially charismatic individuals who have cultivated a certain "look" to get roles. For every Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris you point out I can also point out several dozen MMA fighters who look like complete wimps but could easily destroy 99% of the U.S. male population in a fight.

For example..if you saw B.J. Penn on the street would you think he is a fighter?

http://www.titocouture.com/wp-content/u ... d-wife.bmp

What about someone like Stephen Hawking? He looks like your average cripple.

Or Albert Einstein? If you weren't aware of his achievements at all and if you just went by pictures you would think he's just your average eccentric european with a shitty hair do.
In this case they are a good example. With all living beings, the inner is reflected on the outer. It's very simple. Everyone knows it. What is there to debate here?

What is this mirror test? Of course dogs have awareness, have emotions and feelings. Anyone who owns a dog can tell you that.

Yes BJ Penn does look like a fighter. He has that build. So your example proves my point.

Yes Stephen Hawking looks brainy. But you can't tell anything about his appearance beyond that, unless you know who he is.

Einstein did look like a genius and has a genius look. He doesn't look like a pro wrestler. So yes, his looks does match what he is. Even if you didn't know him, you could tell certain things about him from his photos. Not everything. But some things.

We all know that. What are you debating?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Tsar
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2030
Joined: August 7th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Location: Somwhere, Maine

Post by Tsar » June 5th, 2014, 12:26 am

Winston wrote:Rock, here is Vadim. He's in the photo with me on the left. He set me up in the Private Police Scam and led me into am ambush too, something I thought only happened in the movies. Details here:
http://www.happierabroad.com/The_Privat ... e_Scam.htm

Notice his face. People said that he looks like a rat and weasel and should never have been trusted. He definitely doesn't look wholesome or innocent. He looks like the kind of guy who would pull such a scam and setup for a little money. He has that conniving trickster hustler look. See what I mean? So again, he looks like the kind of guy he is.
He does look like someone that would be a rat or a weasel. Similar to the character of a petty criminal or the lowest level thug of a gang or a low level thug of a crime family typically set in a movie set in the 1920s-1950s. Sort of like an adult version of a street boy that hustles people out of money or steals their wallet.

Tsar
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2030
Joined: August 7th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Location: Somwhere, Maine

Post by Tsar » June 5th, 2014, 12:33 am

Winston wrote:In this case they are a good example. With all living beings, the inner is reflected on the outer. It's very simple. Everyone knows it. What is there to debate here?
I don't think all living beings are that way. Many animals are impossible to tell how they are on the inside or they're characteristics. Many animals have little variability noticeable to humans. It's mainly when evaluating people you have a good chance of seeing how they are on the inner by what is on the outer.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25344
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 5th, 2014, 1:15 am

Zionosis wrote:You are also confusing Facial expressions with genetically how a persons face looks. Like those dogs for instance you posted. They are expressions the dogs are making. Not how they look just normally. Big difference. Any animal can pull aggressive expressions if it wants and most other animals recognize what it means.

Winston I am sorry but you are wrong mostly. Let me explain. Seeing Chuck Norris's face reminds you of martial arts because it has been drilled into you from his movies and all the over Hollywood stuff about him. That way whenever you see his face you are reminded of a Karate guy or something. It's impossible for you to imagine what you would think about his look if he was just some normal person because the identity of him has already been written in your brain. Same as how you look at Jackie Chan and think Kung Fu but in reality if Hollywood didn't drill that image into you then you would never see him as that. Even Bruce Lee for that matter. If you saw him and never knew him with his shirt off and all and wearing those clothes he wears then you would assume martial artist. But if you never knew him and just saw his face then you wouldn't know it. Remember it's drilled really deep, Such as games and other things sort of use similar looks because it's been pre associated.
Steven Seagal looks like a fat turd and even after the movies and everything it's still pretty hard to associate him with martial arts. He looks more like some large fat native American man.


Now let me try to explain something with human faces that is a partially legit point. If you have someone that has a mean looking face and someone that naturally has a kind looking face then most of the time their personality will actually match their face. But it isn't because of being born with that personality. It's their experience in life.
For example they look at their face in the mirror and see how they look and other people treat them a certain way and pre judge them in a certain way. A lot of the time they end up the way they seem to people because their looks and self perspective leads them on that path. Make sense?

As far as dogs faces and things like that I am afraid you are wrong. I have come across many dogs that looked scary but It's actually more of a case of not being scared of them and being friendly to them.
One time there was a stray dog outside our house and it was very large and looked like some sort of guard dog but I could tell it was lost and obviously no one helped it because of it's looks. Anyway I took it water and got low to the ground and talked to it and it approached me like it was scared and then all of a sudden ran at me all happy and rubbing up against me and I felt sorry for it. Luckily I found out who owned it and returned it home.


But people are of course a little different in the example I posted 2 paragraphs up. But you are still wrong to just look at someone and assume they are kind just because they look kind or assume they are bad just because genetically they have a tougher looking face.

Elliot Rogers didn't look mean or evil, Unless the association has already set into your mind.
Anders Behring Breivik who shot all those people in Norway also didn't look like a persona that would do that either.
http://www.peninsularity.com/wp-content ... reivik.jpg

Vinnie Jones looks like a thug so they put him in movies like that. Same goes for many other actors. But in real life they aren't bad people.

Bruce Willis despite all his tough man movies still to me looks like just a nice guy.

Winston. How about you just lose some weight for gods sake. Your would at least go up a point in looks just by losing all the fat.
And of course women and even men pre judge people by their looks but a lot of the times people get it wrong and women end up being killed and men end up getting destroyed in a divorce being married to a horror woman.
Instead of judging someone on their facial genetics (which is stupid) you are far better off looking at their behavior for just 15+ seconds or so and that can tell you quite a bit about their personality. At least the basics about their personality it can tell you. People are still too complicated and to truly know who they really are you would have to get to know them. Or at least observe them for weeks. But that's weird.
How am I mostly wrong? In what way? It's not just about facial expressions. It's about what that person is too. Even without expressions, their face and appearance usually reflects what they are. This is simple and obvious. How can it be beyond so many guys here? How can guys be that dumb?

Even if those golden retriever dogs had no expression, their appearance still reflects what they are. The golden retriever breed is known for being the most peaceful non-aggressive dog that is least likely to bite. Well guess what? They look peaceful and non-aggressive too. On the other hand, look at a pit bull. You can tell that it's an aggressive dog. Even if it's not making any expression.

This is all common knowledge. Why am I having to waste time explaining it to you? Should we debate whether 2+2=4 too? lol

No. You are wrong. If I saw Chuck Norris' face and didn't know who he was, I would guess that he looks like a karate guy. Why not? He looks like one.

Yeah Steven Seagal may be fat now, but he was thin before. And his face looks like he's into Asian martial arts. He taught Aikido in Japan too.

And Jackie Chan does look humorous and funny. He has that type of face. It reflects what he is. He is a funny guy in person too.

Serial killers like Ted Bundy do not look violent. But they are an exception, not the norm. Most examples fit what I say.

And most Americans claim that with them, "what you see is what you get".

As to Anders Breivik, the photo you showed me looks like he could be normal or a violent guy. Hard to tell. But I would not trust a guy that looked like that. I'd be wary.

This isn't just about facial expressions. It's about a person's personality, soul, emotions, etc. reflecting on their appearance. And it's true nearly every time. This is common sense. We all judge on appearance. And we do it because it's mostly accurate. A few exceptions do not debunk that, especially when many more examples to prove it can be given.

Yeah observing someone in person is more accurate. But that doesn't mean that photos don't reveal certain things too.

What I said about Steve Neese's fiancee based on her photos turned out to be accurate. How do you explain that?

People say that I look kind, genuine and down-to-earth, which is true of me too.

And Rock's face matches what he is too.

How do you explain all that?

Sometimes a person's looks can be a self-fulfilling prophecy, but usually the inner reflects on the outer too. This is simple and obvious. Why are you debating it?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”