Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Life ends at 22 for most

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
Jeremy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: July 27th, 2013, 6:47 am

Life ends at 22 for most

Post by Jeremy » June 8th, 2014, 3:36 am

Click Play: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JuxM-snGc&feature=kp

You got 8 years, 8 frickin' years to make yourself some memories. That's all. It's gone after that.

Browsing Facebook, I don't see anyone in their late 20's with an enviable life. Most of my peers now resemble Danny McBride in a suit, but without any sparkle or optimism in their eyes.

The most depressing life trajectories are those of former slayers. Fallen high school jocks. They were the salt of the Earth, and everything was theirs... for a season. Now they're just like everyone else.

If I could do it over again, I'd:

- drop out of school at 15
- try to get some high status job like drug dealing or dj-ing
- failing that, get a part-time slacker job
- rent an apartment across a college campus with some likeminded guys, where we'd spend our days bodybuilding and running fake student game
- continue this until my mid 30's, after which I'd hide my hideous form from the world while relishing in the two decades of awesome memories. I think that would be enough to carry me until death.
Last edited by Jeremy on June 8th, 2014, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Dragon
Junior Poster
Posts: 512
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 6:31 am

Post by Dragon » June 8th, 2014, 3:50 am

Or you could...you know...be smart about the rest of your life from now and live to a standard which you agree with. The American (or western) dream and the fulfillment you get from that is long over. Live the way you want. If one's glory days were in high school or college, then there's something seriously wrong with that person. There's too many foreign women to bone and businesses to open/money to make to compare yourself with others.
I am a terrible person.

Robert77
Freshman Poster
Posts: 354
Joined: July 20th, 2012, 10:34 am

Post by Robert77 » June 8th, 2014, 10:21 am

your life doesn't end at 22 if you don't want

1. Do not get married to your high school sweetheart right after you graduate (HUUUUUGEEEEEE MISTAKE!)

2. Do not get married to that girl you're dating in college (Another huge mistake) plenty of morons playing grown up adults marry the girls they meet while in college thinking that is it.

3. Try to get the college degree thing outta the way before you travel or do anything else

4. after you get a bachelor's degree, hold on to working and do something awesome like joining the navy or the air force as an officer because of your college degree, that's gonna let u see the world, will pay your college debt and keep you fit in a decade of one's life where most men start to grow beer bellies and double chins.

5. After the military settle around the age of 30

I turned 30 this year, and if anything the twenties for me was a decade of discovery, excess, tons of sex, women, party, anxiety over life, exploring the world, freedom... If I had the chance to do it all over I would do it again because living like that allowed me to discover the world, discover myself and opened my mind to a world that most don't get to experience.

As far as the folks I graduated with:

*Some are married to 40+ hour per week jobs, with mostly mediocre looking wives playing soccer moms, with kids to support and live "great" but boring, predictable lives with their wives and kids
(some of them look at me like i am crazy but i sense a bit of jealousy in those who look at me like that)

*Others classmates are divorced and examining their lives, trying to do in their 30's the same thing I did in the 20's, a lot of fallen football stars Al Bundy kids fall here, they still have time to explore the world, have fun but it's gonna be harder because many are paying child support and have been mentally destroyed by horrible divorces that took most of their income and assets away from them

*As far as the females in my class, most got fat, most look worn out, many are divorced, it's amazing how fast american women decline after high school.....

there was this hot blonde girl in my class who thought of herself as mighty hot shit because she was tall, blonde, slim, people called her hollywood because she was the one most likely to go off to LA and become a star in the film industry thanks to her good looks..... well I looked her up on Facebook and she now looks like chelsea handler full of wrinkles, emotionally broken and very worn out, she has a son who she sees once a year (dad got custody), and has been divorced like three times, fourth is the charm as she is currently married to some fat mexican dude from texas "talk bout damaged goods".
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2661
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London

Post by xiongmao » June 8th, 2014, 10:51 am

My life's got better with age.

School was so so. Uni was so so. My postgraduate degree was awesome. First job was so-so. Second job working in the dotcom boom was awesome.

Since then I've been to NYC (awesome), Japan (awesome), China (awesome), Malaysia (awesome), HK (great) and Thailand (awesome).

My biggest regret is not buying property earlier in life, and not going to Asia in my 20's.

No regrets about not dating earlier in life though, the world will never run out of women.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.

Voice of Reason
Junior Poster
Posts: 569
Joined: February 21st, 2012, 5:55 am
Location: Out of the West

Post by Voice of Reason » June 8th, 2014, 12:35 pm

xiongmao wrote: Since then I've been to NYC (awesome), Japan (awesome), China (awesome), Malaysia (awesome), HK (great) and Thailand (awesome).
Just out of curiosity, what did you like less about HK?

The
Junior Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: May 19th, 2014, 6:21 am

Post by The » June 8th, 2014, 3:46 pm

Robert77 wrote:your life doesn't end at 22 if you don't want

1. Do not get married to your high school sweetheart right after you graduate (HUUUUUGEEEEEE MISTAKE!)

2. Do not get married to that girl you're dating in college (Another huge mistake) plenty of morons playing grown up adults marry the girls they meet while in college thinking that is it.

3. Try to get the college degree thing outta the way before you travel or do anything else

4. after you get a bachelor's degree, hold on to working and do something awesome like joining the navy or the air force as an officer because of your college degree, that's gonna let u see the world, will pay your college debt and keep you fit in a decade of one's life where most men start to grow beer bellies and double chins.

5. After the military settle around the age of 30

I turned 30 this year, and if anything the twenties for me was a decade of discovery, excess, tons of sex, women, party, anxiety over life, exploring the world, freedom... If I had the chance to do it all over I would do it again because living like that allowed me to discover the world, discover myself and opened my mind to a world that most don't get to experience.

As far as the folks I graduated with:

*Some are married to 40+ hour per week jobs, with mostly mediocre looking wives playing soccer moms, with kids to support and live "great" but boring, predictable lives with their wives and kids
(some of them look at me like i am crazy but i sense a bit of jealousy in those who look at me like that)

*Others classmates are divorced and examining their lives, trying to do in their 30's the same thing I did in the 20's, a lot of fallen football stars Al Bundy kids fall here, they still have time to explore the world, have fun but it's gonna be harder because many are paying child support and have been mentally destroyed by horrible divorces that took most of their income and assets away from them

*As far as the females in my class, most got fat, most look worn out, many are divorced, it's amazing how fast american women decline after high school.....

there was this hot blonde girl in my class who thought of herself as mighty hot shit because she was tall, blonde, slim, people called her hollywood because she was the one most likely to go off to LA and become a star in the film industry thanks to her good looks..... well I looked her up on Facebook and she now looks like chelsea handler full of wrinkles, emotionally broken and very worn out, she has a son who she sees once a year (dad got custody), and has been divorced like three times, fourth is the charm as she is currently married to some fat mexican dude from texas "talk bout damaged goods".

Goodness gracious.....Im not that far removed from college but i am from high school and let me tell you....you are absolutely right especially with point #2....Alot of the students who I graduated with in college married there college sweetheart that they met at some shit show (house party, frat party, at the college bar, etc) and they are already having children with these hoes too and posting it on facebook for all the world to see!!!

As far as high school chicks and some guys too, are concerned since I'm further removed from high school than college, I see what a difference 10 years make and they are not even 30!?!?!!....fat all over the place, there face aged dramatically they look 37 then 27...i mean hey i gained a little weight myself which i need to lose dammit :oops: , BUT I still have a youthful appearance (thanks mom and dad :lol: ) and i can still pass for 21-23 years old....but yeah man its a shame....

One thing I need to do is travel travel travel, get the hell out of this toxic waste-hole and be free....My friend who travels tells me that I would be a hit overseas...better start packing!!!! :lol:

marklambo
Junior Poster
Posts: 709
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Post by marklambo » June 8th, 2014, 4:07 pm

your life really begins at 30
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.

User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2037
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Post by MarcosZeitola » June 8th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Life begins at 0 and ends at about 80. How you choose to spend that time is up to you. But it ain't over till it's over. A defeatist attitude is your biggest enemy. Not society, not relatives, shitty girlfriends or false friends. It's defeatism. Your own willingness to throw the towel in the ring before the match even begins. And that's just bullshit.

What works for one man may not work for another. And what may make one man completely miserable, another may regard as ideal. Find your own path, live your own life. There's many new chapter but a book doesn't end before the final chapter.

The
Junior Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: May 19th, 2014, 6:21 am

Post by The » June 8th, 2014, 9:55 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Life begins at 0 and ends at about 80. How you choose to spend that time is up to you. But it ain't over till it's over. A defeatist attitude is your biggest enemy. Not society, not relatives, shitty girlfriends or false friends. It's defeatism. Your own willingness to throw the towel in the ring before the match even begins. And that's just bullshit.

What works for one man may not work for another. And what may make one man completely miserable, another may regard as ideal. Find your own path, live your own life. There's many new chapter but a book doesn't end before the final chapter.
Agreed! 8)

jtest28
Freshman Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 9:49 pm
Contact:

Post by jtest28 » June 8th, 2014, 11:58 pm

marklambo wrote:your life really begins at 30
Yeah, I know I really didn't start enjoying life at all until the beginning of my late 20s, then was scared to death of turning 30 and after I turned 30 was blown away that I enhanced at everything I already was. Even tripled the number of teen agers trying to get me to f**k them. :) Only problem is time goes by faster in your 30s than 20s, so it doesn't feel like it lasts long. lol

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2199
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Post by NorthAmericanguy » June 9th, 2014, 12:20 am

Robert77 wrote:your life doesn't end at 22 if you don't want

1. Do not get married to your high school sweetheart right after you graduate (HUUUUUGEEEEEE MISTAKE!)

2. Do not get married to that girl you're dating in college (Another huge mistake) plenty of morons playing grown up adults marry the girls they meet while in college thinking that is it.

3. Try to get the college degree thing outta the way before you travel or do anything else

4. after you get a bachelor's degree, hold on to working and do something awesome like joining the navy or the air force as an officer because of your college degree, that's gonna let u see the world, will pay your college debt and keep you fit in a decade of one's life where most men start to grow beer bellies and double chins.

5. After the military settle around the age of 30

I turned 30 this year, and if anything the twenties for me was a decade of discovery, excess, tons of sex, women, party, anxiety over life, exploring the world, freedom... If I had the chance to do it all over I would do it again because living like that allowed me to discover the world, discover myself and opened my mind to a world that most don't get to experience.

As far as the folks I graduated with:

*Some are married to 40+ hour per week jobs, with mostly mediocre looking wives playing soccer moms, with kids to support and live "great" but boring, predictable lives with their wives and kids
(some of them look at me like i am crazy but i sense a bit of jealousy in those who look at me like that)

*Others classmates are divorced and examining their lives, trying to do in their 30's the same thing I did in the 20's, a lot of fallen football stars Al Bundy kids fall here, they still have time to explore the world, have fun but it's gonna be harder because many are paying child support and have been mentally destroyed by horrible divorces that took most of their income and assets away from them

*As far as the females in my class, most got fat, most look worn out, many are divorced, it's amazing how fast american women decline after high school.....

there was this hot blonde girl in my class who thought of herself as mighty hot shit because she was tall, blonde, slim, people called her hollywood because she was the one most likely to go off to LA and become a star in the film industry thanks to her good looks..... well I looked her up on Facebook and she now looks like chelsea handler full of wrinkles, emotionally broken and very worn out, she has a son who she sees once a year (dad got custody), and has been divorced like three times, fourth is the charm as she is currently married to some fat mexican dude from texas "talk bout damaged goods".
Robert pretty much hit this out the ballpark.... No 1 and 2 is gold. To expound on 1&2, nobody can stop the aging process, the issue however with many women today is that they drink, smoke, and don't take care of their health so they wind up aging at a far greater rate then they should. I know women who are 50ish who still look youthful and sexy, so it can be done.

In regards to marriage, 50+ years ago, it was to your benefit to get married as the majority of women came to the table with homemaking skills, zero debt, a low or zero sex partner body count, and as a man, you were able to take care of an entire household with one paycheck. But nowadays, it's unequivocally to your disadvantage as a man to get married as the divorce laws are not fair and equitable, your pay only covers you to your next pay day, women are far, far, from being virgins, and women today not only have lost their basic homemaking skills, but they're coming to the table with student loan and credit card debt.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”