Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Single American Moms

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby mattyman » June 15th, 2014, 10:29 pm

Unfortunately, my experience of single mums has been that of the typical negative stereotypes, of being slutty, trashy and so forth. This I'm sure has been the experience of a great many guys on this board too. I'm not saying they're all like that, and I see where you're coming from in the OP.

I think that the main grievance from a lot of the guys on this forum is that when trying to meet new women for dating, a lot of the one's they do meet are single mums, and a lot of those fit the above bill. Many guys simply aren't happy with that. At least you've got someone, at least you have a partner.

Speaking of negative stereotypes, and of being shunned, what about young, unemployed guys living at home, what about the way they're treated, what about the way they must fear being left on the shelf?
mattyman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 299
Joined: September 12th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Re: Single American Moms

Postby Taco » June 15th, 2014, 10:34 pm

Hero wrote:
Taco wrote:[he's less likely to get false charges brought against him too.


I was watching this show called "Divorce Wars" on CNBC, and they documented the case of one woman who actually downloaded child p**n onto her husband's laptop to get him thrown in jail. Luckily the husband was able to hire a bunch of experts who were able to prove that the p**n was downloaded at a time when the husband was out of town; but those experts cost the husband tens of thousands of dollars. If he hadn't had the means to defend himself, he would have been utterly destroyed. Oh by the way, no criminal charges were brought against his wife.


Someone can hack your computer any time and download child porn on to it and you won't even know its hidden in some zip file until your travelling through an airport and security checks your laptop you get arrested.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4545
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Postby djfourmoney » June 16th, 2014, 12:39 am

mattyman wrote:Unfortunately, my experience of single mums has been that of the typical negative stereotypes, of being slutty, trashy and so forth. This I'm sure has been the experience of a great many guys on this board too. I'm not saying they're all like that, and I see where you're coming from in the OP.

I think that the main grievance from a lot of the guys on this forum is that when trying to meet new women for dating, a lot of the one's they do meet are single mums, and a lot of those fit the above bill. Many guys simply aren't happy with that. At least you've got someone, at least you have a partner.

Speaking of negative stereotypes, and of being shunned, what about young, unemployed guys living at home, what about the way they're treated, what about the way they must fear being left on the shelf?


My personal experience with Single mothers isn't really negative. I looked at it from an economical point of view; it cost a ton to raise a child and having not generated more than $35,000 in any given year (not including windfalls). Poverty or perceived poverty the majority of the time negatively impact a child's well-being.

Since I have never been forced into a situation like what Danielle explained but from a man's POV; the only woman I got pregnant I encouraged (strongly) to get an abortion, which she did.

I have been more careful since then to prevent such possible no-win scenarios.

Given all the signals in the marketplace, women tend to make bad decisions in Western Culture.

I agree with you that men who are unemployed for various reasons but have a work history are unfairly characterized as being lazy or somebody unable to earn enough money to support a family.

More often than not, it's not true. Some men need to be prodded and encouraged into making difficult decisions that will benefit him long term (school, training, opening a business, etc).

Single Mothers are looking to improve her economic position. I was unfairly judged by a single mother when I was working a well paying job.

In 2007 when I visited Europe, again I have talked about this before. I had the choice of four single mothers -

Two Germans, One Norwegian and a Ukrainian.

I choose the youngest of the four, the Norwegian to see first. This offended one of the Germans, who was in better physical shape than the other German woman.

As an aside, I picked another Single mother. Now some of you might ask why? Reason = Low Hanging Fruit

Anyway I was rejected by the Norwegian; scolded by the younger/thinner German, the 3rd German wouldn't answer my call when I was in her neighborhood and the older, fatter German I didn't even tell I was in-country.

The only childless women were a Romanian and a Russian.

In hindsight, I should have shot over to Turkey to meet the Russian.

When I say I have missed golden opportunities to numerous to count, this is just another one.

I went to see the Ukrainian. Not as cute as I thought, rejected her, but from the neck down she was impressive, so I hit it, twice...

Since returning from Europe, I have only contacted one other single mother. She was down, from Central California. However she had poor self-esteem and that bothered me.

Never met her in-person.

There is no reason to consider a single mother, especially if you are a man without children.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » June 16th, 2014, 1:46 am

S_Parc wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:You were alright in the beginning, but now this hypersensitivity that you have due to your pregnancy...this is uber-meticulous analysis of stateside dysfunctional issues you bring forth has f.uck-all to do with being Happier Abroad.


Well, she did get me to post a Metallica song :wink: as well as George Thorogood's classic on being a boozer. Doesn't that count for something, in terms of art and culture?

She didn't post anything of arts and culture; you did. lol


In basketball, isn't that called an assist to an alley-oop? Thus, she brings up alcoholism and I drop the Thorogood tomahawk, slam dunk.

Go Spurs! Sorry had to throw that in :P


lol
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
User avatar
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby S_Parc » June 16th, 2014, 3:58 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, she did get me to post a Metallica song :wink: as well as George Thorogood's classic on being a boozer. Doesn't that count for something, in terms of art and culture?

She didn't post anything of arts and culture; you did. lol


In basketball, isn't that called an assist to an alley-oop? Thus, she brings up alcoholism and I drop the Thorogood tomahawk, slam dunk.

Go Spurs! Sorry had to throw that in :P


lol


And they get it done :!: The Spurs are now the 2014 NBA Champs :)

The Reign of King James has been rescinded, team basketball wins at last :P
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Re: Single American Moms

Postby Renata » June 17th, 2014, 12:52 am

Taco wrote:
Hero wrote:
Taco wrote:[he's less likely to get false charges brought against him too.


I was watching this show called "Divorce Wars" on CNBC, and they documented the case of one woman who actually downloaded child p**n onto her husband's laptop to get him thrown in jail. Luckily the husband was able to hire a bunch of experts who were able to prove that the p**n was downloaded at a time when the husband was out of town; but those experts cost the husband tens of thousands of dollars. If he hadn't had the means to defend himself, he would have been utterly destroyed. Oh by the way, no criminal charges were brought against his wife.


Someone can hack your computer any time and download child p**n on to it and you won't even know its hidden in some zip file until your travelling through an airport and security checks your laptop you get arrested.

You want to hear the wierdest thing ever, my webcam used to come on by itself, the light would come on as if it was in use. It spooked me out so bad I format my entire drive & reinstalled the OS, apps & drivers all over again. Never happened again after that.

Danielle my Grandmother was a widow & she left her country with her kids to work as a live-in carer, she told us how hard it was being alone, she had to be real brave to migrate with young kids (see where the nomad in me comes from, it's genetic :wink: ) My grandfather saw her, & followed her home, he was in full pursuit & she didn't even speak much english. The rest is history.
Last edited by Renata on June 17th, 2014, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Postby jamesbond » June 17th, 2014, 12:53 am

djfourmoney wrote:There is no reason to consider a single mother, especially if you are a man without children.


I agree, all the dating experts say, getting involved with a single mother is not a good idea at all. She will put her kids first in the relationship (and maybe even her cat or dog ahead of you).

Her kids may not like you and may see you as the guy who is replacing their father.

It's best to avoid single mothers like the plague! :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 8091
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Single American Moms

Postby Introvert » June 17th, 2014, 1:29 am

Renata wrote:
Danielle my Grandmother was a widow & she left her country with her kids to work as a live-in carer, she told us how hard it was being alone, she had to be real brave to migrate with young kids (see where the nomad in me comes from, it's genetic :wink: ) My grandfather saw her, & followed her home, he was in full pursuit & she didn't even speak much english. The rest is history.



reenactment of Renata's grandfather wooing grandmother


[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=URpW0IUGT9Q[/youtube]
Introvert
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: January 16th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Postby djfourmoney » June 17th, 2014, 8:14 am

jamesbond wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:There is no reason to consider a single mother, especially if you are a man without children.


I agree, all the dating experts say, getting involved with a single mother is not a good idea at all. She will put her kids first in the relationship (and maybe even her cat or dog ahead of you).

Her kids may not like you and may see you as the guy who is replacing their father.

It's best to avoid single mothers like the plague! :P


It's not an all or nothing proposition.

That said, the majority of American single mothers should be avoided, especially African-Americans and Latina. Black women because it's typically caused by poor decision making. Latin women because religious beliefs often cloud judgement; they are only saved by their extended families from falling into complete economic ruin.

There are some circumstances where Single Mothers are acceptable. Women that are interested in the traditional family despite having a child out of wedlock should be considered. While you never want to openly refer to your child as a "mistake", a lapse in judgement can be taken into account and credit given for time served in commitment limbo.

But that is still a bit of a scarcity argument.

The miserable at home should really re-think their options.

http://www.modest-adventures.com/index.php?page=home

Outside of America there are plenty of Single Mothers, but there are MORE women without children. Be patience and you'll find a woman without children.

In America you better be making 50K plus or under 25 or you can forget it.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Single American Moms

Postby Renata » June 17th, 2014, 11:36 am

Introvert wrote:
Renata wrote:
Danielle my Grandmother was a widow & she left her country with her kids to work as a live-in carer, she told us how hard it was being alone, she had to be real brave to migrate with young kids (see where the nomad in me comes from, it's genetic :wink: ) My grandfather saw her, & followed her home, he was in full pursuit & she didn't even speak much english. The rest is history.



reenactment of Renata's grandfather wooing grandmother


[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=URpW0IUGT9Q[/youtube]


Well she was from Venezuela & he was an Indian man ... I guess it may have gone down a bit like that :lol:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Postby DanielleNguyen » July 17th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Wow lots of you met some really bad moms.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: October 9th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Location: North dakota

Postby Ghost » July 17th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Why should I or any self-respecting male lower himself to the point where he dates a single mom? I've gone abroad and seen places where 80% of the girls are pretty, feminine, and would see single moms as the parasites they are. Jamesbond has it right - avoid single moms like the plagues they are. Even the most disadvantaged guy doesn't have to settle for that bullshit. I've seen this acceptance of single moms only in the U.S. and seen men fall for it. When a woman gets in wallet-seeking mode, it's like she has powers to make a man do stupid things, like marry her.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Postby hammanta » July 17th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Cornfed wrote:While there are exceptions, solo-motherhood in the West would tend to indicate gross irresponsibility on the solo-mother's part in most cases. Consider ways she might have become a solo-mother:

1. She divorced a perfectly good husband because it was in her economic interest and she was a little bored.
2. She divorced a bad husband she knew was a dirtbag from the start that she passed up a long line of good men wanting to marry her for because dirtbags make her gina twitch.
3. She had casual sex without contraception for the hell of it.
4. She deliberately got pregnant in order to entrap some guy into marriage and it didn't work out.
5. She drove away her husband by being a horrible bitch.
6. She chose to get pregnant by some random guy(s) in order to be a career welfare sow.
Etc.

I imagine that covers most of them.


Blah Blah Blah

You run statistics on this shit cornfed?

I can see your Patton Oswalt looking ass rummaging the internet for numbers to support your bullshit claims, all while angrily masturbating to anime porn.

The bottom line is shit happens. There are a multitude of reasons for single mothers, some bad, some not. I think it takes a strong and good man to try and bring up another person's child and I've seen a ton of marriages work that way, and several fail as well. There are a lot of good single moms out there that might have made a mistake or two in their lives, god knows we all have, doesn't make them completely worthless. I also recognize there are many terrible single moms as well that deserve to be single, but we can't clump them all together in some bogus generalization.

Most guys on here saying "stay away from single moms" are probably out trying to screw girls left and right. Reason why a lot of you all travel abroad to begin with, easier chance at meeting women. What happen's when you knock them up, huh? It's not just a one-way street. Are you now that D-bag? The fact is you just gotten lucky to not be in that situation whether it be because you have weak swimmers, condom hasn't broken, or you are so terrible at sex she ditches you.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby DanielleNguyen » July 17th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Thank god someone who gets what I'm saying!!!! Wow!!!! You just made my day. I've gotten hell on here for once being a single mom. No one else seems to get how hard it is and can be.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: October 9th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Location: North dakota

Postby OTB » July 18th, 2014, 1:20 am

Why did your mom marry the abusive dead beat in the first place? That's pathologically irresponsible behavior.


I'm with you on that Hero. A LOT of women select the worst men to be with and to procreate with. Then they vilify all men for their stupid ass decision to be with a dead beat loser when there were plenty of red flags that told them this guy was bad news. But hey that's what they like but don't like the repercussions of their decision.
User avatar
OTB
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 316
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 3:28 pm
Location: Southern CA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests