Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Poll: Should Cornfed be banned?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should Cornfed be banned?

Yes. He should be permanently banned. His behavior and extreme racism is irreconcilable with basic civility, which has been demonstrated repeatedly.
24
46%
Neither. He should continue to be given warnings and temporary bans, until he learns to change his behavior.
6
12%
No. Cornfed is a good poster and should be allowed to say anything he wants under free speech.
22
42%
 
Total votes : 52

Postby Yohan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:19 am

The wrote:Ive said it once and ill say it again.... BAN CORNBALL AND DANIELLE NUGENT....SHE IS OBVIOUSLY A TROLL IN FEMALE CLOTHING AND CO-OPTING OUR MOVEMENT....


What about banning a member who is not even able to respect the nickname of another member?
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN







Postby Tsar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:58 am

I don't think Cornfed should be banned. He contributes many good posts more than the race-based posts. He also gives a unique perspective to some relevant topics. He sometimes uses politically incorrect race-based language in posts but there are times where one of his politically incorrect post was escalated because he was provoked by others which is what sparked some of the heated arguments over the past month.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:16 am

Cornfed wrote:
Winston wrote:There is no such thing as 100 percent free speech or 100 percent freedom. You do not have the freedom to hurt others, for example. Likewise, you do not have the freedom to hurt others with words either, even under free speech. If they did something wrong to you, that would be one thing. But you are hurting innocent people here.


You still haven't explained the hierarchy here. For example, why is it permissible to criticize black females but not black males? Clearly you are not setting objective standards but rather taking a position.


What hierarchy? Me and the moderators are the authority and rulers here. You are just the pawns and minions. That's the hierarchy. lol j/k

Hey look. No one is perfect. We have a lot of black males here, so you should not offend them too much. That's the way it is everywhere. Double standards exist everywhere. Try going up to black people in person and say what you say here. Then you will understand why it's not wise to do that here.

Sometimes rules are bent here, even by me, yeah. But no one is perfect, and nothing is perfect either. We all have to exercise reason and common sense, including you.

nicho12 wrote:So just change the banner to your site indicating that we are "free speech within reasonable standards of ethics and behavior.", don't use the word free speech alone if you really don't mean it, the founding fathers should have also specified "free speech within reasonable standards of ethics and behavior." in their constitution.


You mean the disclaimer at the top of the forum? Ok yeah. I can change it to "free speech (within reason)" since there's limited space. But that's already implied. Everyone knows what free speech means. It doesn't mean zero behavior standards. It doesn't mean any asshole can be as rude and vulgar as he wants. No community or group could work that way, not even an online community or group. You gotta be reasonable and realistic.

Are you saying that free speech should mean that every troll, asshole and sociopath here should be allowed to say whatever they want, be as rude and nasty as they want, and be as mean-spirited and tactless and cruel as they want too? Is that what you advocate? My goodness. You guys are crazy.

Not everyone thrives on peace and harmony you know. Some people literally thrive on hurting others and bringing them down. There are trolls, bullies and assholes here. Should you give them a free license to do anything they want? Is that what you're advocating? Get real. Be reasonable.

This is all common sense. I can't believe I have to explain all this. Everyone should already know this. Some of you guys lack common sense, and have low EQ, no people skills, and act like children. It's unbelievable. I thought you guys were better than this. I must have overestimated you.

How come when I went to the AFA office last week, everyone there was so courteous, professional, tactful, polite and diplomatic? Yet you guys are nothing like that. Sheesh. It was so refreshing being around mature functioning adults with good people skills. Why can't you guys be like that too?

Instead, some of you guys act like vulgar low class uncivilized barbarians with no self-restraint. Sheesh. You make me feel ashamed to be your leader. I can't believe this. I'm like a leader of barbarians, not of civilized gentlemen. Oh great.

At least have some empathy, sensitivity, consideration and conscience. Don't be sociopaths, bullies and assholes. Is that so much to ask? Geez.

PS - It looks like the poll results are split almost evenly now, with half wanting Cornfed banned and the other half not wanting it. It's going to be a close one and a tough call.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Cornfed » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:03 am

Winston wrote:Hey look. No one is perfect. We have a lot of black males here, so you should not offend them too much. That's the way it is everywhere. Double standards exist everywhere.

Good. You admit you are a hypocrite and it is a case of the squeaky wheel getting the most oil. This forum is doomed. In a month's time the traffic will be a tenth of what it currently is. Better start polishing your resume Winston. You had a good thing and it could have gone on for a long time while you started other things. Instead you have to keep trying to find new ways to f**k up.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:16 am

Yohan wrote:Winston,
This forum considers itself as:

Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship.


I see no reason why Cornfed should be banned.
To be fair, if Cornfed is banned, many others should be banned too.

Happierabroad should not become something like Orientexpat, which gives some certain members the right to ignore any forum rule, while others are banned even for totally unclear reasons. - Many left, many were banned. Me included after over 11000 comments.

Today Orientexpat is nothing but a desperate group of a few lonely losers related to Thailand with 3 or 4 comments per day - despite the original idea to create a forum for 'Asia in general' was very good.
But Thailand is not all Asia.

Insincere and biased moderation is a big problem - Happierabroad should not fall into this kind of trap. Happierabroad itself is about rather controversial dating stuff and about looking for sex outside of the USA itself.

If you continue with banning about all and everything, you will soon find yourself in the same position as Orientexpat.

I am personally strongly against banning of real people and their comments. It's a difference between angry comments and troll-postings.


Note in the disclaimer that it says "free speech without politically correct censorship". It does not say "free speech with no ethical or behavioral boundaries and restrictions". There is a big difference you know. If you can't figure that out, then I don't think I can help you.

You are getting paranoid and jumping the gun. This is about one poster whose excessive racist remarks and offensive behavior has been going on for a long time. This is only about one poster. There is no inquisition coming. This problem will not carry over onto others, unless they deserve it of course. There is no wave coming where many people are going to be banned. We will never be like Orient Expat. This forum will always be run with reason and rationality.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby zboy1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:45 am

Don't ban Cornfed, but don't allow any newbies, trolls, feminists and racists to the new, expat-only section of HappierAbroad.

Leave Cornfed and SilverEnergy to post their White and Black supremacist posts on the race section of HA. I don't care as long as their not in the expat-only section of the forum.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Cornfed » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:47 am

Winston wrote:You are getting paranoid and jumping the gun. This is about one poster whose excessive racist remarks and offensive behavior has been going on for a long time. This is only about one poster.

You really are stupid. You should close down your forum right now and do something else.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:01 am

Cornfed wrote:
Winston wrote:You are getting paranoid and jumping the gun. This is about one poster whose excessive racist remarks and offensive behavior has been going on for a long time. This is only about one poster.

You really are stupid. You should close down your forum right now and do something else.


Dude WTF?!

These forums are awesome. Just because you are being called out on your bullshit by the administrators (FINALLY!) does not mean the whole forums are suddenly not a nice place anymore. If anything, extreme hatred of women or other races makes it less of a nice place to be on. Thankfully, the vast majority here has the good sense to not take your nonsense too seriously, which is why we'll be fine regardless of whether you are banned or not. :wink:

Never change a winning team, I guess?
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby Cornfed » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:These forums are awesome. Just because you are being called out on your bullshit by the administrators (FINALLY!) does not mean the whole forums are suddenly not a nice place anymore.

Correction, these forums were awesome. Wait and see what happens. You are a latecomer. You are you to say what will happen?

Never change a winning team, I guess?

That is exactly what is happening here.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Luc Furr » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 am

Winston wrote:There is no such thing as 100 percent free speech or 100 percent freedom. You do not have the freedom to hurt others, for
What hierarchy? Me and the moderators are the authority and rulers here. You are just the pawns and minions. That's the hierarchy. lol j/k

barbarians with no self-restraint. Sheesh. You make me feel ashamed to be your leader. I can't believe this. I'm like a leader of barbarians, not of civilized gentlemen. Oh great.[/b]



Winston,

Wow, way to insult and chase away the people who post on this forum. There are precious few already. You confirm my choice that all life must cease, all unlife must cease and the universe must become as nothing.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Banning Cornfed would absolutely be politically correct censorship. Sure, he might go overboard sometimes, but don't we all? I'm Chinese and I'm a race realist. Are you going to ban me too? Posting race theories if only offensive if you're a pansy. It's like siding with feminists, all part of the same lobby. Women are equal to men, all races are equal...bullshit. Just posting race theory should not be criteria for banishment. That's censorship. Cornfed might go overboard in attacking people, but I think most of us do sometimes either here or in life. I got mad in the other thread because people were being jerks to Tsar.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Banning Cornfed would absolutely be politically correct censorship. Sure, he might go overboard sometimes, but don't we all? I'm Chinese and I'm a race realist. Are you going to ban me too?


There's always two ways of saying things. There is saying: "I believe there are differences between people from different races or ethnicities. Here's study A, and study B, proving this point". This would be fine. There's also saying: "this race is so inferior to me they are basically monkeys, and to have sex with them is bestiality". It's a matter of tone. No point Cornfed wishes to make cannot be made in a more polite manner, with the added bonus that more people might take his words seriously. It's a matter of common decency. If he, as a white man, is so superior he ought to display superior manners IMO or else he's acting just like the "monkeys" he habitually attacks.

You have your own opinion on race mixing based on personal experience, as you are the child of race mixing. You always word your opinion in a polite manner, which is why I appreciated your comments on my "Eurasian sons" thread. Cornfed lacks such subtly.

abcdavid01 wrote:Posting race theories if only offensive if you're a pansy. It's like siding with feminists, all part of the same lobby. Women are equal to men, all races are equal...bullshit. Just posting race theory should not be criteria for banishment.


See above. It's all a matter of tone. He can say whatever he wishes but do so without using insulting words and personal attacks. Is that too much to ask? A certain etiquette for posting is not "politically correct", it's a matter of decency versus indecency.

abcdavid01 wrote:Cornfed might go overboard in attacking people, but I think most of us do sometimes either here or in life.


Like Winston said, I'd love to see Cornfed fly off the handle to a black man in real life the way he does on the internet, safely seated behind his computer screen. I'm sure he would never do such a thing. The fact that he does it only here is a sign of cowardice.

abcdavid01 wrote:I got mad in the other thread because people were being jerks to Tsar.


You got mad out of loyalty to a friend, whereas Cornfed gets mad because black men sleep with girls and he doesn't. There's no comparing these two types of getting mad. Yours hails from you being a decent human being, his hails from his own sexual insecurity and jealousy. And that's the difference.

People can say whatever they say but need to be polite about it. Perhaps I let myself go a bit in the Tsar thread too, as did others. I acknowledged this and if you would read the latest page, you will see I posted a much nicer comment with some apologies in there. And so did several other posters who's tone wasn't so positive.

The Tsar thread is a good example of people showing decency towards one another. You and Matty defending him, and others following in that. With the ultimate result being a show of politeness unlike anything I've ever witnessed from Cornfed. And THAT'S the whole point. :D
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Question: Forget Cornfed's racist views for a moment. How often does he attack or insult other forum members? I don't read his posts so I don't know. Does he commit attacks and insults on other forum members? If so, how often? That's another issue to consider.

The poll results are still neck to neck, split evenly on both sides. This will be a tough call.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Cornfed wrote:
Winston wrote:Hey look. No one is perfect. We have a lot of black males here, so you should not offend them too much. That's the way it is everywhere. Double standards exist everywhere.

Good. You admit you are a hypocrite and it is a case of the squeaky wheel getting the most oil. This forum is doomed. In a month's time the traffic will be a tenth of what it currently is. Better start polishing your resume Winston. You had a good thing and it could have gone on for a long time while you started other things. Instead you have to keep trying to find new ways to f**k up.


Not only are you an extreme racist, but you are delusional as well. lol. That doesn't speak well of your credibility. Plus, right now you are on trial, so you are supposed to be on your best behavior. That would be the smart thing to do. But you don't even have the sense to do that. Geez.

Also, FYI, most forums operate with politically correct censorship, but that does not doom them. In fact, it does the opposite. It attracts more mainstream people and grows their forum. Therefore, theoretically, even if we became more politically correct, that would not hurt us. It would help us attract more mainstream people, like other forums do. So your logic is backwards.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby ntm1972 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Winston wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Winston wrote:Hey look. No one is perfect. We have a lot of black males here, so you should not offend them too much. That's the way it is everywhere. Double standards exist everywhere.

Good. You admit you are a hypocrite and it is a case of the squeaky wheel getting the most oil. This forum is doomed. In a month's time the traffic will be a tenth of what it currently is. Better start polishing your resume Winston. You had a good thing and it could have gone on for a long time while you started other things. Instead you have to keep trying to find new ways to f**k up.


Not only are you an extreme racist, but you are delusional as well. lol. That doesn't speak well of your credibility. Plus, right now you are on trial, so you are supposed to be on your best behavior. That would be the smart thing to do. But you don't even have the sense to do that. Geez.

Also, FYI, most forums operate with politically correct censorship, but that does not doom them. In fact, it does the opposite. It attracts more mainstream people and grows their forum. Therefore, theoretically, even if we became more politically correct, that would not hurt us. It would help us attract more mainstream people, like other forums do. So your logic is backwards.


Let's hope HA's focus never becomes one in which it tries to appeal to mainstream opinion. The forum would certainly be doomed then.

Banning Cornfed sets a bad precedent, particularly since the voting is so close. It can have a chilling effect on more vocal members whose views might be considered extreme. Further, you risk alienating members who don't want Cornfed or others like him banned, not because they agree with fellows like him, but because they would see HA as heading down a slippery slope whose bottom is a forum in which post quality is irrevocably diluted due to fears of punishment for deviating from the party line.

I don't agree with Cornfed's views on race, and don't find myself in agreement with his overwhelmingly pessimistic outlook. That being written, if I don't want to view his posts, can't I just click the "Ignore" button in the top right-hand corner of a given response? I haven't used that feature yet, but I'm assuming it works just fine.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: North America

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests