Why do men think that women have an expiry date?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Why do men think that women have an expiry date?

Post by Teal Lantern »

Banano wrote:Sure women become less attractive as they age just like men do BUT I see women in their 30s and 40s having no problem getting dates with men who are younger and better looking then themselves?

On the other hand I see men in 20s who are decent looking and they cant get dates?

Im talking about females in Western countries in particular,

We like it or not womens sexual market value is much higher than mens, i.e all else being equal,F25 yo have more options than M25, F42 have more options than M42 and so on. You get the point. Just try dating sites and you will see what i mean

Are we just deluding ourselves? Are men ultimate losers in this game?

discuss
If ease of racking up "notches" is a win, then yes, the average man can't hold a candle to the average woman.
Like Chris Christie at a track meet against Flo Jo. :D

Past a certain age, the average SINGLE woman doesn't see this as "winning", though.
Sex becomes a loss leader for snagging "commitment", i.e. some idiot becomes a utility/ATM, preferably with a nice retirement fund or life insurance policy.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... t-savings/

They see modern dating as teh evil menz only sniffing around for "free" sex.
http://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/dating ... out-there/
The comments are lol-worthy. :lol:

If you were M42, would you legally sign on for long-term, exclusive wallet support of a modern F42 + her bills & baggage, knowing you can easily shave 15+ years off that number, by hopping a plane or crossing the border?

Soon enough, it won't require travel to get a much younger one, but that's a topic for another thread.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

Because they do. Women cannot have children past a certain age. That is all that the "expiry date" refers to. If all you want is sex, then that does not concern you at all.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster

Post by FusionX20 »

Tezcatlipoca wrote:No, the average woman after 30 has less options than the average man after 30 imo.
I doubt it, the average women has more options than a man could ever hope to in his entire life. This is in western society of course.
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Tezcatlipoca wrote:No, the average woman after 30 has less options than the average man after 30 imo.
+1

The average man's value increases once he hits 30+, has a stable income and stays relatively fit. Women on the other hand lose value after 30. Their value decreases even further if they have a child outside of marriage.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Array9 wrote:
+1

The average man's value increases once he hits 30+, has a stable income and stays relatively fit. Women on the other hand lose value after 30. Their value decreases even further if they have a child outside of marriage.

I bet that woman in her 40s will be able to get more dates than fit guy in his 30s, both online and offline.

Just look at Winston, Steve Hoca, Ladislav and many others...none of them is getting laid unless they pay for it with cash

Men don't have any value, sexual market value that is ( unless you are one of the desirable guys, top 10-20%)
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Banano wrote:
Array9 wrote:
+1

Banano wrote:I bet that woman in her 40s will be able to get more dates than fit guy in his 30s, both online and offline.
You are one of my favorite posters but I will have to disagree with you on this one. A woman in her 40s doesn't have the chips to gamble with at that age. She has to put out or the man will dump her. Go and check the dating sites here in America. They are filled with tons of women in their 40s who can't get a date. Most are out of shape.
Banano wrote: Just look at Winston, Steve Hoca, Ladislav and many others...none of them is getting laid unless they pay for it with cash.
:shock: :lol:
Banano wrote: Men don't have any value, sexual market value that is ( unless you are one of the desirable guys, top 10-20%)
Women below the age of 33 call all the shots in the dating game. Men do have options but not nearly as many as a woman in her prime.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Banano wrote: I bet that woman in her 40s will be able to get more dates than fit guy in his 30s, both online and offline.
This is because some men will screw just about anything.
http://www.alternet.org/im-fat-40-and-s ... laid-crazy

Banano wrote:Just look at Winston, Steve Hoca, Ladislav and many others...none of them is getting laid unless they pay for it with cash

Men don't have any value, sexual market value that is ( unless you are one of the desirable guys, top 10-20%)
Looking at it from another angle, these women can't get the cash unless they "pay for it" with sex. :wink:

Getting sex from a man is easy, getting long-term investment, not so much.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by globe-trotter »

OutWest wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Hell, a f55 has more options than a m25.

Men like to think women get their comeuppance eventually.

In reality, even your own mother could find an attractive young partner more easily than you could.
This is sad but true in English speaking countries. I occasionally will see a woman in her 40's dating a guy who looks like he is in his 20's.

I rarely see men in their 40's dating women in their 20's here in America.
I don't know where you fellows live, but when I was in the USA in my 40s I had attractive
regular girlfriends in their 20s, stunningly pretty girls including a Ford model from San Francisco.
Pretty girls are not that rare- but personality issues kill it for me, especially the typical self-absorption
of the American personality.

A lot of 20s girl like a man in his 40s who knows the world and can show them a time unimagined by some 20 year old boy- yes, most 20 year old males are boys. With my model GF, one of our first get-aways was to an old hacienda deep in Mexico, a beautiful place and for her especially, another world, beautiful, exotic, worldly, romantic, and a touch "dangerous". A Mexican grandma was fixing her breakfast in bed while riding horses waited in the courtyard.

You really think a 20's something American "guy" can complete with this stuff? LOL

Dating? LOL Most of you seem to have NO CLUE. You have been culturally brainwashed.
I NEVER "dated" my current wife. I courted her...romanced her...and I still do all the time.
I am away from home at the moment, so I called the housekeeper and had her make up a special bath
for my wife, complete with rose petals, wine and her favorite music.

If you leave the American societal/dating model behind, your life will get a lot more interesting.
Most American men are stuck in the mode that generates the very things they say they detest.
They are active participants in their own misery.
Sure, if a man in his 40's has the means to pay for a gf in her 20's (with exotic getaways, dinners, etc.), she may tag along with him. But that relationship is predicated on money, not on attraction and love. It's just a fancy and socially acceptable P4P relationship.
To test my hypothesis, just take away the $$$-- and thus the fancy perks-- and watch the young woman bolt right out of the old guy's life.
Last edited by globe-trotter on August 1st, 2015, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I think you can only generalize up to a point on this one.

Most women over age 40 simply aren't that attractive. There are many that are attractive, but they are few compared to the many who are unattractive.
Also here is the bias, because you notice those pretty, older women who are dating younger guys more. It catches your eye. So you may think there are more of those couples than there actually are. You can't use roach theory on this one.

I think it is more of an individual thing. Some men increase in attractiveness as they get into their 40s. Many are just then hitting their stride. I have known women in their mid 20s who were literally chasing after older men in their late 30s and early 40s. I don't think age is as great a barrier to younger women as you've been led to believe. I wouldnt think age for a man would be a terrible thing (and I am only guessing at the lower limit)until around age 50 or so. But I have seen young girls go crazy about and talk about how hot a particular man in his 50s was.

Then there's the knowledge of how to handle the opposite sex. For most women, they have all the knowledge of how to manipulate the opposite sex by the time they are 16 years old. But for a man, you may never arrive to a suitable level of understanding of female psychology. In other words, women are natural pick up artists. Men may or may not know what to do in a given situation, and unfortunately (or fortunately) for men, if you do not drive the ship, then the ship will not move. If you as the man can not direct the course from start to finish, the woman will not step up to help you. Eventually she'll get bored and leave. That is the real difference. As the man, you need to set the focus, tempo, and direction. The woman will not do any of that. But without any of those, a connection can not take place. So you need to know what to do, or be able to wing it. Women don't have that worry. She just needs to find a man who is capable of opening and closing, instead of those who are given opportunities but are ignorant of what to do with them.

There is also a disadvantage for women. They can not truly approach in Anglo societies. So they have to wait for men to get up to pursue them. They have to sit there and wait. They can not get up to go after what they want the same way a man can go after what he wants. She can be as attracted to a particular man as he wants, but until he decides that he wants to go after her, she has no choice in the matter except to try to get him to do it and hope that he gets it and is willing. But she can not do it herself. And usually when women are getting hit on, it isnt by 100 different men every week. They get hit on mostly by their coworkers, who are the same people everyday, not random men.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by droid »

Teal Lantern wrote:This is because some men will screw just about anything.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

TealLantern wrote:This is because some men will screw just about anything.
Blame the E.Irrizarris of the world
Last edited by droid on July 31st, 2015, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

I see some good looking middle aged women in the USA. I see plenty overseas. The problem with these Kentucky Fried Gringas is the lifestyle. Being pregnant is not an excuse for being a pig. Most of these women don't live healthy (just like many men dont), but once they get pregnant and their metabolism slows as the age and they become nasty looking fast. It's just a combination of a lack of exercise, poor diet, etc that makes the milk spoil so to speak.

Granted if a young lady selects her mate well and stays with him and she lives a healthy lifestyle she will be just fine. It's all about choices. If you live in the Midwest and you want to pull out bar trash, then that's your choice. If you want to date modelos from Colombia, that's your choice as well. Make them and live with them.
tiagomoncada
Freshman Poster

Post by tiagomoncada »

both men and women have expiry dates. in fact, most men start losing their hair by their late 20s. noticably many men are also fatter in their old age. not to mention erectile disfunction, so many of us cant even get erections anymore. thats why you always got to get things done early. dont think you have all the time in the world, cause you dont. the thing with women is, even if theyre older, theyll still have men flirt with them. with men, especially us avg looking ones, we never get anyone flirting with us regardless of our age. theres also alot of age discrimination directed towards old men. if you are older than 30, alot of young people in general tend to label you as creeps, and all you really have to do is say hello. with women, you dont really have anyone putting those sorts of labels on them, even in the event they become less desirable. a woman in her 40s and 50s can go around talking to random people, and no one will think anything of it. if you a 40yr old man, going around talking to 18 year old women, alot of people will make bad assumptions about you. and you kind of see these guys hanging around cancun for spring break, and society tends to look down on them. even if you a 30 yr old guy hanging around spring break, and people notice you, they will start spreading rumors about you. while its not impossible to be 30 and dating, you are dealing with alot of these societal barriers that young men dont have to deal with. young girls are kind of taught to think of older men as being creepy. if youre an 18 yr old male walking around flirting with females, you're just not going to be seen in the same negative light as a 30 yr old man going around flirting with young women. not to say that i care what anyone does, but i have noticed thats how society tends to see things, at least in the west. i actually went up to a group of young women, around age 18 (avg looking), and pointed to an avg looking pua in his early 30s. he was maybe like 31. and the women basically said they dont like old guys, not exactly in those words, but thats what they said. to actual old guys, 30 isn't old, but to these 18 year old women, 30 was old. and i remember when i was 19, i also thought 30 was old. it;s only until you actually become 30, that it doesnt sound old anymore. i also had another woman, around age 19 (above average looks), she said that if she was complimented by anyone UNDER 30, she'd be flattered. in other words, anyone over 30 complimenting her is considered offensive? because that's why it sounded like to me. i was actually standing around a comunity center one time, using their wifi, and basically a couple of guys indirectly accused me of being a kidnapper, or chomo. they told me to stay away from the kids. and this was a friendly community. actually i didnt even see any kids around the comunity center, but that just goes to show how people will assume things about old men. i didnt even have to say anything, and was minding my own business, and that was the conclusion they drew. would they have came to that same conclusion if i was younger? probably not. one last thing. i read that mens sperm quality begins to decline at 25. so actually the number of years in which we can actually reproduce effectively is very limited, particularly if you subscribe to society's standards of reproducing only after age 18, so that gives you like what? 7yrs? for all you old folks out there, you know how fast 7yrs goes by
Last edited by tiagomoncada on September 2nd, 2023, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Is 'getting dates' the ultimate end-goal? I'd imagine there are a lot of physically unappealing heft women who never get dates. Maybe if they have outgoing personalities they can.

I'm married and in my 50's. My wife is a few years behind me in her late 40's.

I see women who are 40 who look old, wrinkled, and worn out. My wife is still pretty and young-looking. It's not just because she's Asian. Several years ago, I went to her high school reunion in Jakarta. She went over and talked while I parked. I came up to a group of women, a bunch of chunky dumpy middle-aged women and my wife. One of them, when introduced to me, didn't say her name. She said in Indonesian, "I used to be pretty." I saw only one other pretty woman, also still thin, there in the whole group.

I am losing my looks faster than my wife, too.

If I were still single and had never married or if something happened to my wife and I decided to remarry, I don't think I could go for an old-looking woman, and not a chunky one either. She'd have to be appealing to me looks wise. The best looking woman out of thousands, thin with a reasonably flat stomach, probably a cut-off at 40 unless she just happened to look young, but older than my kids so she wouldn't be a peer, so early 20's on the low side. And she'd have to be a serious Christian with a similar-enough background or life philosophy-- a virgin or a widow who had only slept with her husband (or widowed husbands though too many dead husbands is a red flag. :) ) She'd have to believe in submitting to her husband and not be an angry, scolding type woman, a woman who realizes when she gets married, she owes some access rights of her body to her husband (though if she makes use of her own rights that's okay), values taking care of home and family, accept my family as hers, and has good overall character. I'd rather have the needle in the haystack than just find a woman that would have me. It would be better to live celibate without than to compromise, at least on most of these things. Prettiest out of a thousand might go to top five out of a hundred.

If I didn't have looks that were on par with a woman's looks, I wouldn't care. I'd want the kind of girl I want, and I'd have to find the one who found something about me attractive, maybe one who wasn't into looks. I've been told I was good-looking when I was young. I couldn't tell. I suspect that won't hold up as I age. I've got a faithful woman now, and we are committed until one of us dies. If I'm too old then, I'll stay single. If I outlive her, if she chooses to remarry, I'm sure she'll have high standards. I want someone good for the kids an grandkids, even if they are adults at the time. I knew someone who remarried someone who couldn't stand to be around grandkids for too long, and that makes life difficult. If something happened to me, my wife has told me she didn't know if she could ever find a man like me either, and she's also said she didn't think she could find an American man like me again.

As far as looks go, I used to see middle aged and older couples kissing and see some middle aged guy kissing a pudgy woman whose face and features had widened out, who's body had taken on a pear or apple shape, who was trying to cover all that up with makeup and strong old lady perfume. They seemed happy. I guess the guy usually looked about the same, but I don't care much what men look like. :)

But I think it's like the frog in boiling water. Try to throw a frog in boiling water and it will jump around to avoid it. Get a frog settled in a pot of water and slowly boil it, and it will stay there until the heat kills it, or so they say.

Gradually, your partner ages, puts on a little weight, starts to sag, the sharp jawbone and nose features kind of spread out and get less sharp. Wrinkles form. You care about the person and get really connected, and touching the old wrinkly flesh doesn't seem gross since it came on gradually, and it's a person you love. My wife isn't wrinkly yet, but I can understand that better now.

If my wife ever gets old and wrinkly, if I'm able and have the drive and ability, I'll still give it to her good, or as good as I can. :) I'll turn the lights off if I have to. :) I'll probably get used to the wrinkles and not care.

I haven't had the experience with an old, ugly-looking wrinkly woman. But what I don't get is men, even old men, wanting to marry and be with a woman whose fat, unattractive old and/or wrinkly. If I were old, fat and wrinkly, I wouldn't want to be with an old, fat and wrinkly woman like me. That's gross. :) At least I'd want one who hadn't quite hit the wall, to enjoy some of those pre-wall looks before for a while. But I guess a lot of men aren't like me. I remember guys dating round plain girls with fat arms and bellies and short hair in high school, and thinking..... why? But some guys like girls like that. To each his own when it comes to taste. They may like those looks. And some men may not be as much into looks. Good for them, and good for the men who get to find one of the better-looking women they didn't end up with.

I hear men tend to go for women like their mothers. In my developing years, my mom was thin and had model good-looks. Maybe that has something to do with me wanting to settle down with a really pretty woman. I didn't insist on the woman as having to be as top-heavy as my mom, though. Some men's mothers are fat and plain, and that may be their ideal of a woman, the kind they think they should end up with.

I do wonder if it is a bit shallow of me, or was, when I was looking only to be attracted to a relatively small subset of women enough to consider them marriage material. I considered few women to be marriageably good-looking, even if they were really strong on other characteristics. I had to have both.

On the other hand, there might be some guy who thought a girl I found attractive didn't appeal to him for looks, who find looks I don't care for to be attractive. I didn't think Cindy Crawford was especially good-looking in the face, and plenty of guys did. Bella Haddad is supposed to be the prettiest woman in the world. But I wouldn't have considered her to be marriageably good-looking for me.

Looking for, not just looks, but the rare character, faith, etc. characteristics I was looking for could be disheartening for some men. How do you find the needle in the haystack? How do you know if there is a needle in there, or if you have to search through thousands of other haystacks?

One thing that I find helpful to not give up hope is faith in God, and praying. I prayed for a number of things in a wife that I got in my wife. I met my wife after intensifying prayer to find a wife, and my wife was surprised when I told her some things that I'd prayed for my future wife that had happened leading up to us meeting each other.

I read about how Abraham spoke of the LORD sending an angel before his servant to find a wife for Isaac. I prayed for the LORD to do that for Me also in finding a wife.