Why do men think that women have an expiry date?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Why do men think that women have an expiry date?

Post by Banano »

Sure women become less attractive as they age just like men do BUT I see women in their 30s and 40s having no problem getting dates with men who are younger and better looking then themselves?

On the other hand I see men in 20s who are decent looking and they cant get dates?

Im talking about females in Western countries in particular,

We like it or not womens sexual market value is much higher than mens, i.e all else being equal,F25 yo have more options than M25, F42 have more options than M42 and so on. You get the point. Just try dating sites and you will see what i mean

Are we just deluding ourselves? Are men ultimate losers in this game?

discuss
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Re: Why men think that women have an expiry date?

Post by nicho12 »

Banano wrote:Sure women become less attractive as they age just like men do BUT I see women in their 30s and 40s having no problem getting dates with men who are younger and better looking then themselves?

On the other hand I see men in 20s who are decent looking and they cant get dates?

We like it or not womens sexual market value is much higher than mens, i.e all else being equal,F25 yo have more options than M25, F42 have more options than M42 and so on. You get the point. Just try dating sites and you will see what i mean

discuss
Only in the western world, in the third world it's the opposite because women in the third world have to depend on a man in order to survive because they don't have daddy gov't backing them up. A 42 year old male in the third world is far more valuable than a 25 year old because he already has his shit together, a house, business or job etc whereas a 25 year old has nothing
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Banano wrote:Sure women become less attractive as they age just like men do BUT I see women in their 30s and 40s having no problem getting dates with men who are younger and better looking then themselves?

discuss
You must be referring only to women in Western countries, so you are already dealing with systemic pathologies. In fact, the cougar story is overwhelmingly just wishful thinking and urban lore. If you think the vast majority of women in the 40s have higher "market value" than men in their 40s, you must not get out much. Men and women do NOT age the same. Men are a slow burn, and women flower intensely but more briefly.

How many women in their 40s and 50s are marrying and having families at that age? I cannot think of a single one that I know of, while I can think of perhaps a dozen men I know of that have done just that, including myself. Sure, a few older women manage to make the poontang a public playground on the way out of the game, but all that proves is that they are the exception.
By "dates" you mean desperate young horndogs that are willing to pump and dump the old bag...

Do you really know of a single man looking to marry and start a family with a woman in her 40s?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Also, it is sometimes a semi p4p situation of well moneyed older females hooking up with penniless younger men.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OutWest wrote:You must be referring only to women in Western countries, so you are already dealing with systemic pathologies. In fact, the cougar story is overwhelmingly just wishful thinking and urban lore. If you think the vast majority of women in the 40s have higher "market value" than men in their 40s, you must not get out much. Men and women do NOT age the same. Men are a slow burn, and women flower intensely but more briefly.

How many women in their 40s and 50s are marrying and having families at that age? I cannot think of a single one that I know of, while I can think of perhaps a dozen men I know of that have done just that, including myself. Sure, a few older women manage to make the poontang a public playground on the way out of the game, but all that proves is that they are the exception.

By "dates" you mean desperate young horndogs that are willing to pump and dump the old bag...

Do you really know of a single man looking to marry and start a family with a woman in her 40s?

Absolutely true, women in their 40's who think their sexual market value is just as high as it was when they were in their 20's are just kidding themselves.

Given the option of dating a woman in her 40's or dating a young, attractive woman in her 20's just about every guy will take the girl in her 20's.

This "cougar" thing is an absolute joke, it's a Hollywood made phenomenon.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The cougar thing is young men taking advantage of older women for money. It's the gender-swapped version of gold digging girls. However an older man with a younger woman can still have children whereas a woman past her prime is a barren wasteland of wasted potential and broken dreams. The only value she has in her experience but sexually and socially speaking, she's without use.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Hell, a f55 has more options than a m25.

Men like to think women get their comeuppance eventually. In reality, even your own mother could find an attractive young partner more easily than you could.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Of course, a woman who is decent looking in her 30s and 40s will still be able to attract a man, just not the hottest men.

Women who are 30 and still not married have a low chance for getting married.

Women who are 30+ won't be able to attract the hottest men, although she will be able to get a MAN.

Men who are 30+ have a greater potential than women because usually this is when their assets increase and they are able to get an attractive woman.

The best looking guys still want women who are 18-25.

A woman's best years remain from 18-25.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Jeremy wrote:Hell, a f55 has more options than a m25.

Men like to think women get their comeuppance eventually.

In reality, even your own mother could find an attractive young partner more easily than you could.
This is sad but true in English speaking countries. I occasionally will see a woman in her 40's dating a guy who looks like he is in his 20's.

I rarely see men in their 40's dating women in their 20's here in America.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

jamesbond wrote:

In reality, even your own mother could find an attractive young partner more easily than you could.
This is sad but true in English speaking countries. I occasionally will see a woman in her 40's dating a guy who looks like he is in his 20's.

I don't know where you fellows live, but when I was in the USA in my 40s I had attractive
regular girlfriends in their 20s, stunningly pretty girls including a Ford model from San Francisco.
Pretty girls are not that rare- but personality issues kill it for me, especially the typical self-absorption
of the American personality.

A lot of 20s girl like a man in his 40s who knows the world and can show them a time unimagined by some 20 year old boy- yes, most 20 year old males are boys. With my model GF, one of our first get-aways was to an old hacienda deep in Mexico, a beautiful place and for her especially, another world, beautiful, exotic, worldly, romantic, and a touch "dangerous". A Mexican grandma was fixing her breakfast in bed while riding horses waited in the courtyard.

You really think a 20's something American "guy" can complete with this stuff? LOL

Dating? LOL Most of you seem to have NO CLUE. You have been culturally brainwashed.
I NEVER "dated" my current wife. I courted her...romanced her...and I still do all the time.
I am away from home at the moment, so I called the housekeeper and had her make up a special bath
for my wife, complete with rose petals, wine and her favorite music.

If you leave the American societal/dating model behind, your life will get a lot more interesting.
Most American men are stuck in the mode that generates the very things they say they detest.
They are active participants in their own misery.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

OutWest wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

I don't know where you fellows live, but when I was in the USA in my 40s I had attractive
regular girlfriends in their 20s, stunningly pretty girls including a Ford model from San Francisco.
Pretty girls are not that rare- but personality issues kill it for me, especially the typical self-absorption
of the American personality.

A lot of 20s girl like a man in his 40s who knows the world and can show them a time unimagined by some 20 year old boy- yes, most 20 year old males are boys. With my model GF, one of our first get-aways was to an old hacienda deep in Mexico, a beautiful place and for her especially, another world, beautiful, exotic, worldly, romantic, and a touch "dangerous". A Mexican grandma was fixing her breakfast in bed while riding horses waited in the courtyard.

You really think a 20's something American "guy" can complete with this stuff? LOL

Dating? LOL Most of you seem to have NO CLUE. You have been culturally brainwashed.
I NEVER "dated" my current wife. I courted her...romanced her...and I still do all the time.
I am away from home at the moment, so I called the housekeeper and had her make up a special bath
for my wife, complete with rose petals, wine and her favorite music.

If you leave the American societal/dating model behind, your life will get a lot more interesting.
Most American men are stuck in the mode that generates the very things they say they detest.
They are active participants in their own misery.
Yep.

Many women say that a man is most attractive at age 40.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Pretty sure I will be more attractive at 43 or even 53 then I am now at 23. White hair makes for a distinguished look on a man. Wrinkles often only add to the look. Whereas a woman past her prime is just an old barren hag.

Men age like fine wine. Women like cottage cheese.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

jamesbond wrote:
This "cougar" thing is an absolute joke, it's a Hollywood made phenomenon. [/b]
Yea, I agree. The idea that older women are running around chasing after younger men is a joke. The type of work I do, I work with lots of older women (35-50) who have nothing to lose as they have been there and done it all, and I'm in situations where we're alone and we could get away with doing anything, but out of the 100+ or - older women I have met, only 4-5 of them very, very subtly suggested that they were interested in me by way of inviting me to the movies, dinner, or asking me about my dating life. However, if I worked on a cruise ship, I do think things might be different as women behave differently when they're away from home.

Also, a cougar on TV is always hot. Well out of all the women over 40 I have worked with, only 1 of them was really attractive to me. She was about 55 but she was a real stunner back when she was in her 20's and still had her figure and pretty face...

Women don't really change in terms of what they find attractive. I mean, women are attracted to men primarily with money and power no matter how old they get, but as women age, they do start to notice the male body more so then they did when they were younger. That said, just because a woman notices the male body, that doesn't mean that it will automatically translate into quick and easy sex.
Bstyle
Freshman Poster

Post by Bstyle »

I guess it depends on what you mean by expiry date.

If you mean pure sex appeal then no, women don't have an expiry date simply because there will always be some desert dick willing to date a woman no matter how old unattractive or fat she is. That's why you see women dating guys younger and better looking than themselves.

Women do lose attractiveness though, and it pretty much starts to wane from the time they're 20. They start putting on the pounds, their faces age, their attitudes get worse and their personalities become far less appealing.

They can always find a boyfriend but I think that is a separate issue. Yes, women have much much sexual market value than women and this is not limited to the west. It applies in Asia and probably everywhere. That's only because men are too damn horny for their own good and they fall in love so easily, not because women have attributes that they never lose.
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

No, the average woman after 30 has less options than the average man after 30 imo.
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.