Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Roosh advised me this about my website

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby steve55 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 am

I asked for his opinion/suggestions about my site and his answer probably explains why I still only get 700 visitors a month and Winston gets 90,000. Do you guys agree with him that my site www.globaldatingsolution.com looks outdated and just isn't well designed? I believe whatever he says as he's been extremely successful in this realm, and I think he is very smart if not brilliant.

Per Roosh on my site:

"Your design does not draw well to the content. It looks dated and will probably turn off a lot of guys before they even attempt to dive in."
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX







Postby Dragon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 am

One thing he didn't touch upon is that the name of the site is very generic and not very memorable at all. Combine the name with the look of the site screams "fake, spam, phishing" to me upon an initial look. Generic names pretty much are a death sentence these days. Might as well name it International Dating Matchmaker or Foreign Love Quest.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Postby hammanta » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 am

I may not be the best person to answer this but I have taken a few courses in web design as well as revamped my organizations website (limited in capabilities though).

My suggestions if you don't mind hearing them

1) Way to much going on the home page. A lot of writing and pics and separate tabs to choose from.
2) Along with number 1, more white space allows the eyes to concentrate on important topics. Kinda why Cupid sites do so well. More pics of women, easy to access the site and the home page is simple and easy to find what you want
3) Without totally looking at it thoroughly I'm not exactly sure what the site is totally about. Is it a dating site in the sense of FC, CB, Christian filipina or is it more of a discussion site like this one?

Other than that, it looks good and I'll have to check it out more. I wouldn't say it's outdated from my first impression but I also don't check out very many sites similar to yours. Good luck Steve!
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby Maverick » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:58 am

steve55 wrote:I asked for his opinion/suggestions about my site and his answer probably explains why I still only get 700 visitors a month and Winston gets 90,000. Do you guys agree with him that my site www.globaldatingsolution.com looks outdated and just isn't well designed? I believe whatever he says as he's been extremely successful in this realm, and I think he is very smart if not brilliant.

Per Roosh on my site:

"Your design does not draw well to the content. It looks dated and will probably turn off a lot of guys before they even attempt to dive in."


In my opinion, the reason why Winston gets so many visitors is because how high this site is ranked on Google Search Engine. How do you think I found this place? I was interested in dating foreign women. I searched "foreign dating" and there it was.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby steve55 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:01 am

hammanta wrote:I may not be the best person to answer this but I have taken a few courses in web design as well as revamped my organizations website (limited in capabilities though).

My suggestions if you don't mind hearing them

1) Way to much going on the home page. A lot of writing and pics and separate tabs to choose from.
2) Along with number 1, more white space allows the eyes to concentrate on important topics. Kinda why Cupid sites do so well. More pics of women, easy to access the site and the home page is simple and easy to find what you want
3) Without totally looking at it thoroughly I'm not exactly sure what the site is totally about. Is it a dating site in the sense of FC, CB, Christian filipina or is it more of a discussion site like this one?

Other than that, it looks good and I'll have to check it out more. I wouldn't say it's outdated from my first impression but I also don't check out very many sites similar to yours. Good luck Steve!


Thanks! I need to know the truth so I know what to fix. I'm glad to know this.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby SilverEnergy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:01 am

I think your website is fine.

Did you start your website in 2013?

Winston's website has been up since 2006 so it has had time to grow for a while.

Just keep adding quality, relevant content and your visitors will grow gradually over the course of years.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby Jester » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 am

Maverick wrote:
steve55 wrote:I asked for his opinion/suggestions about my site and his answer probably explains why I still only get 700 visitors a month and Winston gets 90,000. Do you guys agree with him that my site www.globaldatingsolution.com looks outdated and just isn't well designed? I believe whatever he says as he's been extremely successful in this realm, and I think he is very smart if not brilliant.

Per Roosh on my site:

"Your design does not draw well to the content. It looks dated and will probably turn off a lot of guys before they even attempt to dive in."


In my opinion, the reason why Winston gets so many visitors is because how high this site is ranked on Google Search Engine. How do you think I found this place? I was interested in dating foreign women. I searched "foreign dating" and there it was.


+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:59 am

Steve while I agree with Steve55 and the Surfer, still I think Roosh has a point. Your website at first glance does put me off. I wouldn't say "outdated", I would say too organized, too left-brain, not fun. Maybe an artist could design the look for you?
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Winston » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:11 am

Steve,
That was not a brilliant response from Roosh. Your opinion of him is too high. He's not even a nice guy. His behavior is very assholish, whereas I am a genuinely nice guy, as everyone knows.

Anyone can write one sentence about your site layout.

But you aren't looking at the big picture. If you read articles out there about SEO and internet marketing, the best articles will tell you that CONTENT IS KING. Good content is what gets you traffic. There are many sites with the latest design or web 2.0 graphics, but get no traffic. A flashy design isn't going to get you any traffic. It's all about content, whether people like it, how it touches people, how well it's indexed, how competitive your content is, etc.

My site's layout is outdated too. I created the home page with an old program. It may be outdated, but it has all the content I want shown. This forum we are on now is from a 2007 template, yet it's still fairly popular. So you see, design has nothing to do with it.

If you look at AFA's site: http://www.loveme.com you will notice that they are still using a template style from the 1990's. I asked them about this when I visited their office. They said that they can't change the design of the site, or many of their clients will complain that they can't find anything, because they are too used to the way the site was when AFA first began.

So even though AFA's website looks like it's from the 1990's, it's still very popular and gets a lot of traffic. Last I heard, they were getting 500,000 visitors per month.

The thing about your site is that most of it is copied from mine right? If so, Google will not index it well.

Also, your domain name has three words. The most successful sites usually have one or two words in the domain name. Ever notice that? One or two words is a lot easier to remember. For some reason, sites with three words in the domain name don't do as well.

Also, you don't have a forum or blog where new content is generated everyday. If you did, it would make a big difference. You see, Roosh and I have many people posting new content everyday in our forums, which gets indexed in Google as fresh new content. Roosh also has many people posting articles in his blog, Return of Kings. So he and I have many people generating content for us. You haven't done that yet.

Also, you haven't become controversial enough to get a lot of attention. You shy away from too much exposure right? If so, that is hurting your traffic too, because the more exposure you get, and the more controversy you generate, the more traffic you would have gotten. I have been controversial since 2002 when I started going to Russia and writing articles and sending them out to a mailing list. All that quickly made me infamous as I was rocking boats. So by the time this site started in 2007, I was already getting steady traffic from my infamous and controversial reputation.

Did you install the Google Analytics tracking code that I told you about, into the header section of every page on your site? That is the most accurate way to know how many hits and visitors you are getting.
Last edited by Winston on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Dragon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:17 am

Winston wrote:Steve,
That was not a brilliant response from Roosh. Your opinion of him is too high. He's not even a nice guy. His behavior is very assholish, whereas I am a genuinely nice guy, as everyone knows.

Anyone can write one sentence about your site layout.

But you aren't looking at the big picture. If you read articles out there about SEO and internet marketing, the best articles will tell you that CONTENT IS KING. Good content is what gets you traffic. There are many sites with the latest design or web 2.0 graphics, but get no traffic. A flashy design isn't going to get you any traffic. It's all about content, whether people like it, how it touches people, how well it's indexed, how competitive your content is, etc.

My site's layout is outdated too. I created the home page with an old program. It may be outdated, but it has all the content I want shown. This forum we are on now is from a 2007 template, yet it's still fairly popular. So you see, design has nothing to do with it.

If you look at AFA's site: http://www.loveme.com you will notice that they are still using a template style from the 1990's. I asked them about this when I visited their office. They said that they can't change the design of the site, or many of their clients will complain that they can't find anything, because they are too used to the way the site was when AFA first began.

So even though AFA's website looks like it's from the 1990's, it's still very popular and gets a lot of traffic. Last I heard, they were getting 500,000 visitors per month.

The thing about your site is that most of it is copied from mine right? If so, Google will not index it well.

Also, your domain name has three words. The most successful sites usually have one or two words in the domain name. Ever notice that? One or two words is a lot easier to remember. For some reason, sites with three words in the domain name don't do as well.

Also, you don't have a forum or blog where new content is generated everyday. If you did, it would make a big difference. You see, Roosh and I have many people posting new content everyday in our forums, which gets indexed in Google as fresh new content. Roosh also has many people posting articles in his blog, Return of Kings. So he and I have many people generating content for us. You haven't done that yet.

Also, you haven't become controversial enough to get a lot of attention. You shy away from too much exposure right? If so, that is hurting your traffic too, because the more exposure you get, and the more controversy you generate, the more traffic you would have gotten. I have been controversial since 2002 when I started going to Russia and writing articles and sending them out to a mailing list. All that quickly made me infamous as I was rocking boats. So by the time this site started in 2007, I was already getting steady traffic from my infamous and controversial reputation.

Did you install the Google Analytics tracking code that I told you about, into the header section of every page on your site? That is the most accurate way to know how many hits and visitors you are getting.


I agree with everything except the nice guy part in the beginning.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby Winston » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:25 am

Maverick wrote:
steve55 wrote:I asked for his opinion/suggestions about my site and his answer probably explains why I still only get 700 visitors a month and Winston gets 90,000. Do you guys agree with him that my site www.globaldatingsolution.com looks outdated and just isn't well designed? I believe whatever he says as he's been extremely successful in this realm, and I think he is very smart if not brilliant.

Per Roosh on my site:

"Your design does not draw well to the content. It looks dated and will probably turn off a lot of guys before they even attempt to dive in."


In my opinion, the reason why Winston gets so many visitors is because how high this site is ranked on Google Search Engine. How do you think I found this place? I was interested in dating foreign women. I searched "foreign dating" and there it was.


Yes that's true. Most of my traffic comes from Google search engine. I have a lot of content from articles, and many threads from this forum that are indexed in Google. All the threads here in this forum, about 16,000 now, get indexed in Google, which brings in traffic. Steve doesn't have a forum or blog yet where he or others can post new content regularly.

SilverEnergy wrote:I think your website is fine.

Did you start your website in 2013?

Winston's website has been up since 2006 so it has had time to grow for a while.

Just keep adding quality, relevant content and your visitors will grow gradually over the course of years.


Yeah, but there's more to it than that. I started writing in 2002 and posting trip reports from Russia to various Yahoo Groups and mailing lists, and became infamous from it. So by the time this site started in 2007, I was immediately getting traffic due to my reputation and mailing list. All I did was tell my mailing list about this forum, and the traffic immediately started rolling in. So I had a fan base long before this site started. Not everyone has that.

So for example, if Bill Clinton put up a forum and told everyone about it, he would immediately get traffic to it, because he's already very famous. He would not have to do any SEO or internet marketing. All he would have to do is tell people about it. That may be an extreme example, but you get the point.

Plus, Steve is trying to avoid exposing himself too much. That can only hurt his traffic.

If he had a blog or forum and got people to generate content on it everyday, his traffic and rankings would skyrocket.

Also, Steve does not manage his site himself. He has a web designer from India do it, who is often slow and lagging, and is probably involved in other projects. So if Steve has to depend on someone slow and incompetent like that, then he is not even in full control of his own site, let alone in a position to generate traffic from it.

If Steve was in full control of his site and making many changes and improvements everyday, that would help him get traffic greatly.

A web entrepreneur has to live and breath what he does, and dedicate hours a day to it, to make it work. To make self-employment work, you have to live and breath it for a while, and keep asking yourself everyday what needs to be changed or improved, while trying different things to see what works, etc.

But if you go to a regular day job and then work on your site on the weekends as a hobby, then that's what it will be, just a hobby, not a serious site that gets serious traffic.

You gotta take all that into account.
Last edited by Winston on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 am

Dragon wrote:I agree with everything except the nice guy part in the beginning.


Why do you say that? Online I am nice to nice people and assholes to assholes. I give what I get, kind of like karma. But if you meet me or talk to me on the phone, you will see that I am very nice, genuine and down-to-earth. That's the truth. Anyone who has met me or talked me on the phone a long time, will tell you that. No one who has met me thinks I am not nice. That's a universal opinion.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Of course Winston, he should add new content on his website and add a BLOG, where new content should also be generated and he should add a FORUM.

True, regularly posting FRESH, new, quality, relevant content that uses long-tail keywords is the way to get your website ranked high with Google.

And this should NEVER stop, keep doing this for years and years.

Unfortunately, most people who start online businesses don't have the wherewithal and patience to stick with it.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby Array9 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:57 pm

I have a large monitor but your website only takes up half the screen. I would also say that you need to make things a little bit more basic. The home page has too much reading material on it. Guys will be in a rush to get to the heart of your content...the women. If the dating site is your focus, make that the home page and branch off from there.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Postby Dragon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Winston wrote:
Dragon wrote:I agree with everything except the nice guy part in the beginning.


Why do you say that? Online I am nice to nice people and assholes to assholes. I give what I get, kind of like karma. But if you meet me or talk to me on the phone, you will see that I am very nice, genuine and down-to-earth. That's the truth. Anyone who has met me or talked me on the phone a long time, will tell you that. No one who has met me thinks I am not nice. That's a universal opinion.


Lol Winston. A truly nice person doesn't need to say how nice he is. Looks like you're trying too hard.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kradmelder and 4 guests