Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Roosh advised me this about my website

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:34 am

Dragon wrote:
Winston wrote:
Dragon wrote:I agree with everything except the nice guy part in the beginning.


Why do you say that? Online I am nice to nice people and assholes to assholes. I give what I get, kind of like karma. But if you meet me or talk to me on the phone, you will see that I am very nice, genuine and down-to-earth. That's the truth. Anyone who has met me or talked me on the phone a long time, will tell you that. No one who has met me thinks I am not nice. That's a universal opinion.


Lol Winston. A truly nice person doesn't need to say how nice he is. Looks like you're trying too hard.


Hey I never said I was humble, just nice and honest. lol. It's the truth anyway. Ask anyone who knows me. I don't know where you get that I'm not nice. I'm also very blunt and truthful too.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Winston » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 am

Steve,
Another reason Roosh ranks well is because his sites are on a private dedicated server. Have a look below:

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search/?q=rooshv.com
http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... fkings.com

In contrast, our sites are on shared hosting servers. In fact, we share our server with 3,000 other websites! Have a look.

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... abroad.com
http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... lution.com

This means our sites will be slower since we are sharing a server with many other sites. Also, if any of the sites on our server have bad scripts, it could slow us down further. And if they do bad things such as black hat SEO tactics, or have adult content, they could be penalized. And that penalty could carry over to every site on the server, resulting in our sites getting blocked by filters. Sometimes when I'm in a restaurant or fast food place, and I try to get on my site on my smart phone, it says that my site has been blocked by filters. I don't know why.

Some experienced webmasters I know told me that when your site is on a private server with a dedicated IP, Google will rank it higher as an authoritative site. This will bring you more traffic and hits. And your site will run faster and smoother too, which will further improve your ranking and search results. So that's another reason why Roosh's sites do well.

Anyhow, as I told you, I am in the process of moving to a private server on Bluehost. Once I do, I will ask Bluehost to move your site into my private server too, so you get the benefit of it. It should be easy since you are on Bluehost too. I will call them and ask them what needs to be done to do that, and what you need to do on your end too, and update you on it. This should help us a lot.

Anyway, we are going to be on our own private server soon! Is that cool or what? :)
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby steve55 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:46 am

Well, based on roosh's and other HA members opinions about my site, I've already started work on my new site and it will be in a format style more like other successful blogs. It's totally different than my existing site.

See it here http://s447537172.onlinehome.us/project ... can_women/
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby steve55 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 am

Winston wrote:Steve,
Another reason Roosh ranks well is because his sites are on a private dedicated server. Have a look below:

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search/?q=rooshv.com
http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... fkings.com

In contrast, our sites are on shared hosting servers. In fact, we share our server with 3,000 other websites! Have a look.

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... abroad.com
http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... lution.com

This means our sites will be slower since we are sharing a server with many other sites. Also, if any of the sites on our server have bad scripts, it could slow us down further. And if they do bad things such as black hat SEO tactics, or have adult content, they could be penalized. And that penalty could carry over to every site on the server, resulting in our sites getting blocked by filters. Sometimes when I'm in a restaurant or fast food place, and I try to get on my site on my smart phone, it says that my site has been blocked by filters. I don't know why.

Some experienced webmasters I know told me that when your site is on a private server with a dedicated IP, Google will rank it higher as an authoritative site. This will bring you more traffic and hits. And your site will run faster and smoother too, which will further improve your ranking and search results. So that's another reason why Roosh's sites do well.

Anyhow, as I told you, I am in the process of moving to a private server on Bluehost. Once I do, I will ask Bluehost to move your site into my private server too, so you get the benefit of it. It should be easy since you are on Bluehost too. I will call them and ask them what needs to be done to do that, and what you need to do on your end too, and update you on it. This should help us a lot.

Anyway, we are going to be on our own private server soon! Is that cool or what? :)


Way cool! :D I'll move both of my sites over!! I can't wait ! Thanks win!
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Jester » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Winston wrote:
Anyhow, as I told you, I am in the process of moving to a private server on Bluehost. Once I do, I will ask Bluehost to move your site into my private server too, so you get the benefit of it. It should be easy since you are on Bluehost too. I will call them and ask them what needs to be done to do that, and what you need to do on your end too, and update you on it. This should help us a lot.

Anyway, we are going to be on our own private server soon! Is that cool or what? :)


+10 to Winston for being a MENSCH!!

:shock: :D :!: :!: :shock: :D

So unusual today!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Paloaltoguy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:05 am

steve55 wrote:Well, based on roosh's and other HA members opinions about my site, I've already started work on my new site and it will be in a format style more like other successful blogs. It's totally different than my existing site.

See it here http://s447537172.onlinehome.us/project ... can_women/


1&1 sucks!
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am

Postby xiongmao » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:54 pm

It's well worth investing in your own dedicated server and/or IP address.

It's strange that so few dating sites ever update their look and feel. I put on a new responsive theme on my site last Autumn, and traffic has surged since then. I'm pretty sure Google rank sites higher if they look good on mobile devices.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby Paloaltoguy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:51 pm

steve55 wrote:Well, based on roosh's and other HA members opinions about my site, I've already started work on my new site and it will be in a format style more like other successful blogs. It's totally different than my existing site.

See it here http://s447537172.onlinehome.us/project ... can_women/


Looks a little better. You should just copy my design


Image
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Steve,
You also gotta enable gzip compression on your site too. Doing so will make your pages load faster and give you higher ranking in Google. I did that with HA and this site gained a lot in ranking after that.

https://developers.google.com/speed/doc ... ompression

You can try to enable it on your webhost control panel, or install a code at the top of all your webpages. I will PM you with more info. Or see these links:

How to enable gzip compression.

http://www.feedthebot.com/pagespeed/ena ... ssion.html

Tool to test whether gzip compression is enabled on your site.

http://www.feedthebot.com/tools/gzip/

Oh wait. It looks like you already have it enabled according to that tool. So nevermind.

But if there are any other webmasters reading this, you might want to check to see if it's enabled on your sites.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby Jonny Law » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:54 am

You want Visitors. It is all about new and updated content.

Winston has a forum... You should add a forum... You are reading a forum now therefore it must work.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Postby Taco » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:08 am

You need to have ads in the side bar too.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:43 am

Jonny Law wrote:You want Visitors. It is all about new and updated content.

Winston has a forum... You should add a forum... You are reading a forum now therefore it must work.


It's not that simple. Anyone can put up a forum yeah. But getting regular traffic to it and growing it is another matter. That's the real hurdle.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:20 pm

steve55 wrote:I asked for his opinion/suggestions about my site and his answer probably explains why I still only get 700 visitors a month and Winston gets 90,000. Do you guys agree with him that my site www.globaldatingsolution.com looks outdated and just isn't well designed? I believe whatever he says as he's been extremely successful in this realm, and I think he is very smart if not brilliant.

Per Roosh on my site:

"Your design does not draw well to the content. It looks dated and will probably turn off a lot of guys before they even attempt to dive in."


Yep Steve. Your site is WAY too busy....web sites have moved a long way over the last 10 years...and attention spans have shrunk down to almost zero. If you want some friends of mine to help you redo your site? These guys will do a great job for you. Tell them I sent you if you talk to them. http://www.opus.com.kh/

I can do simple sites but I would expect you would want a site that is more than I can build for you.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Winston wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:You want Visitors. It is all about new and updated content.

Winston has a forum... You should add a forum... You are reading a forum now therefore it must work.


It's not that simple. Anyone can put up a forum yeah. But getting regular traffic to it and growing it is another matter. That's the real hurdle.


Hi Winston,
Yep..when you go in to developing a site you really have to decide what you want it to do for you. I think there are just too many "dating" style sites out there....they are endless. And most of them are garbage. Your willingness to put your personal information, experiences and opinions "out there" makes your site more interesting to come to.

But the fact is that men are not willing to spend much money on advice or books from other men. Men will throw money at women just to get a little attention.....but towards men? Men spend very little money on good advice from other men. Funnily enough they spend lots of money to be told lies by family law lawyers! LOL!!

Sooner or later A-MAN-ZON will catch on with men. Just waiting for them to wake up.

BTW..I sent you a PM but did not hear back. Did you get it?
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Re: Roosh advised me this about my website

Postby Jonny Law » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 am

Winston wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:You want Visitors. It is all about new and updated content.

Winston has a forum... You should add a forum... You are reading a forum now therefore it must work.


It's not that simple. Anyone can put up a forum yeah. But getting regular traffic to it and growing it is another matter. That's the real hurdle.


Sir Winston,

You are a wise man. I am the law do not argue with me.

Lets look at the facts- 1. Of course it is hard to get a successful forum.

2. Content is King. New updated content keeps people coming back.

3. Islam as taught centuries ago (not the modern liberal worthless religion) the Hells Angels and Cave Men, all agree women are property. How can so many Stupid Feminist Brainwashed Idiots not agree Women = Property?
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: algernonsidney and 2 guests