Any reports/ info on these less mentioned countries?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Any reports/ info on these less mentioned countries?

Post by hammanta »

Asked this in an older post but didn't get any answers.

Anyone here have much experience in the less traveled or mentioned countries such as

Bhutan
Mongolia
East Timor
Laos
Nepal
Burma
Pacific Islands (palau, Samao, Micronesia, etc.)

Of course I wanna hear about the women but what about ease of traveling there, food, culture, stuff to do, beaches, places to see, etc. Researching some places to try for a trip early to mid 2015. Would be awesome to hear first hand stories or trip reports.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

We had a member hear, Asian ancestry I think, maybe Korean, who started in Vladivostok and ended in Mongolia. Rode a horse like Ghenghis Khan etc. Had a blast from blondes to brunettes. Do an internal google on the website and look up his trip report.

BTW one of my sons did Burma. Loved it. Was tempted to move to the hills, where the weather is not guite as hot and sticky. Very friendly, fun-loving people.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I'll have to check that out then. I think Burma takes a lot of hit points as it is usually seen as quite dangerous, but I did see a documentary on netflix about it and it looked beautiful. I think I really wanna check out Bhutan as it just opened its borders to the world like 30 years ago. Seems beautiful but I heard it costs like $250 a day just as a tourist fee.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

BTW cheezraider is the guy who "did" Mongolia.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."