Roosh and Winston's views are 90% the same

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
steve55
Junior Poster

Roosh and Winston's views are 90% the same

Post by steve55 »

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Wow, thanks Steve. I didn't know much about Roosh besides a few articles, but that was brilliant. I respect him even more now.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

What is your definition of rape?

Before I say it, I’ll say in the past five years everyone in the U.S. has suddenly forgotten or lost the ability to know what sex is. We’re losing all instinct to know how sex should actually happen. It seemed to be going well for thousands of years. Rape is the violent taking of women. It’s not when the woman has had three beers and the guy has had three beers. It’s not when a girl walks into a guy’s apartment and the next morning the women says, ‘Oh, I shouldn’t have done that, I feel guilty. I feel like a slut.’ Girls always use this excuse that they had a couple of drinks and ‘Oh, I don’t remember anything.’ A girl, because she feels bad, can go back to a consensual sex act and say it was rape. Women are using the rape card to get out of feelings of shame and guilt and what is a man going to do? Hire a lawyer and hope for the best. In the past, the cases of rape you saw on the news were violent that included blood and tears and now a woman walks from a guy’s apartment in the morning and decides she got raped.
I love this and totally agree.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Don't know Roosh and scanned some of his comments. I posted a separate thread but not many people here had much of opinion of him but said just google him. Thanks guys for the help.
Here is my link. viewtopic.php?t=23220

Here is what I think of Roosh and to some extent Winston and his views. I agree that western culture is superficial and I agree that feminism screwed up American women . I think Roosh wants more of the old fashion life style where women acted like women and men are men. Which is fine to me. If you go back to the 1950's where it was more traditional you had more of that model life style but this is where it gets screwy with Roosh ...
Roosh is major monger...and sleeps around and sees women as nothing more as commodity. Here in the west because western women are stronger he has a harder time dealing with that and therefore moved to a country where the women are little weaker. Back in the 1950's if we use the old fashion model a man marries a woman and lives traditional, Back in the 1950's before the rise of feminism almost all American men marries American women and there wasn't at that time mongering like we have today.

I think I would respect his views more if he acted more chivalrous but he doesn't. I just find Roosh and yes Winston to be where their views is not too different from feminist views. It's about selfishness. There is nothing too wrong about being selfish because people are selfish by nature but its not too far from western culture and feminist mentality.

I just find Roosh is just in it for himself and ideally wants a country or island where it's easy to bang chicks but he just intellectualize it too much. Just imagine if everybody thought like Roosh ...I'm sorry say it;s not a traditional life style but a hedonistic lifestyle , I find Winston to be the same..they just want pleasure but if they get challenged by it they see it as social injustice when I think it's like they didn't grow up.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Anyway for those that know Roosh better than go ahead and correct my views.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

I agree chanta. Ultimately Roosh's views and Winston's views are similar, but the forums have grown up around their personalities and they have attracted different groups of people based on the different personalities of the founders. I chose to join this forum because people talk more about spirituality here or at least tolerate it. Roosh's forum has way too much bragging and bashing of what they call beta males to make themselves feel better. There is so much bulls***ting on that forum and on ROK. Likely half of what they say is made up or exaggerated because it has this atmosphere of everyone trying to act the coolest, which I despise.

Like you said, they are for traditional civilization, but yet they are not. Their behavior doesn't reflect traditional virtues like modesty, humility, etc. We are all kinda in that situation. I'm a mix of modern and traditional but I don't want it to be over the top hypocritical like that. Postmodern narcissism and traditional humility do not get along well. That's why ppl don't like Americans for the most part when they travel abroad.

Also, I find it creepy the extent to which Roosh is hyperfocused on sex and has made it his whole life's goal, but then at the same time acts as if he's intellectual.
Last edited by mahadeveshwara on June 27th, 2014, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Also, Roosh isn't saying anything that a thousand other manosphere writers haven't already said. He's just a good writer, and his views resonate with a lot of people.

ROK quality of articles is crap and they do very little real world research. It's all opinion. I stopped reading in the first month when they started coming out with these attention-seeking titles like "You're a p***y If You Don't Lift Weights", even though I do lift weights lol
johnnyderp
Freshman Poster

Post by johnnyderp »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Like you said, they are for traditional civilization, but yet they are not.
I find their hypocrisy quite amusing. I prefer the Naughty Nomad forum to RVF - these guys are quite laid-back and honest about their intentions, without the contradictory BS of saying they want traditional women while in reality sleeping around with sluts (assuming RVF members really sleep with as many women as they claim). Roosh also rants about censorship in our feminised society (which I agree with) while at the same time taking a Stalinist approach to censoring his own forum members. Never seen a forum with so many banned members, many of which were very good contributors.

ROK is a joke. According to them, a masculine man must be gun-loving, pro-war, a 250 lb weight-lifter, martial artist, etc without realising that true masculinity encompasses so many different types of men. You can be masculine and have 0% interest in guns and fighting. Try-hard tough guys.

Besides those quibbles, I do agree with Roosh's opinions on society as expressed in the OP. He's a talented writer, but his forum is a weird place.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

johnnyderp wrote:ROK is a joke. According to them, a masculine man must be gun-loving, pro-war, a 250 lb weight-lifter, martial artist
While many of them are skinny maggots. You can't serve God and Mammon at the same time. They will say any nonsense to make money.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

johnnyderp wrote:
mahadeveshwara wrote:Like you said, they are for traditional civilization, but yet they are not.
I find their hypocrisy quite amusing. I prefer the Naughty Nomad forum to RVF - these guys are quite laid-back and honest about their intentions, without the contradictory BS of saying they want traditional women while in reality sleeping around with sluts (assuming RVF members really sleep with as many women as they claim). Roosh also rants about censorship in our feminised society (which I agree with) while at the same time taking a Stalinist approach to censoring his own forum members. Never seen a forum with so many banned members, many of which were very good contributors.

ROK is a joke. According to them, a masculine man must be gun-loving, pro-war, a 250 lb weight-lifter, martial artist, etc without realising that true masculinity encompasses so many different types of men. You can be masculine and have 0% interest in guns and fighting. Try-hard tough guys.

Besides those quibbles, I do agree with Roosh's opinions on society as expressed in the OP. He's a talented writer, but his forum is a weird place.
I didn't see any of those articles. Most of what I've read are articles like Winston's and subjects like those covered in his interviews as I've quoted above. Anyways, I like Roosh a lot. I agree with almost all articles he's written. He is the only anti feminist and anti American woman blog that is getting real attention and that means he is reaching more men than Winston or anyone else and to me that's the most important thing. He's been effective in getting the message out. Personally I love all the articles of his I've read so far. Though I didn't see any of those articles you mentioned in your post.
johnnyderp
Freshman Poster

Post by johnnyderp »

steve55 wrote:I didn't see any of those articles. Most of what I've read are articles like Winston's and subjects like those covered in his interviews as I've quoted above. Anyways, I like Roosh a lot. I agree with almost all articles he's written. He is the only anti feminist and anti American woman blog that is getting real attention and that means he is reaching more men than Winston or anyone else and to me that's the most important thing. He's been effective in getting the message out. Personally I love all the articles of his I've read so far. Though I didn't see any of those articles you mentioned in your post.
Oh, I agree. I'm not denying that he writes great articles, and find myself agreeing with at least 90% of his musings. I'm also quite curious about Winston's apparent dislike of Roosh, despite the fact that they're essentially in agreement about American society and the value of traveling abroad to meet higher quality women and experience more 'authentic' societies.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but my main critique of Roosh is on the lack of freedom of speech in his forum, as well as some of the bizarre stuff on ROK (not his articles tbf). So many people get banned on RVF, while you'd have to do something really bad to get the ban stick on HA.

It's a shame because I think he's one of the best 'manosphere' writers going around.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Roosh and Winston views are 90% the same

Post by Yohan »

steve55 wrote:
As I've very recently been reading Roosh's material, I've come to realize how similar Winston's and his views are. Very few blogs in the manosphere talk about going abroad as a solution. As far as I know, only Winston and Roosh do. Am I right?

I've read how some HA members bash him a lot, even Winston refers to him as an asshole.
The Niceguy-Forum, which I am using frequently, is also very much into the discussion about relocation to overseas, away from Western countries.

Asshole? Well, every Western man who is complaining about Western women, the bad legal situation for men and boys in Western countries, the broken dating scenario, prefers openly to remain single, or is married to a foreign wife or considers international interracial marriage, is living overseas, or considers retirement overseas etc. etc.... is an 'asshole'. Who cares anyway?

It is good to see that there are more and more MGTOW, MRA etc. forums and blogs on the internet. Asshole or not, we are sitting all in the same boat.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Roosh and Winston views are 90% the same

Post by Cornfed »

steve55 wrote:As I've very recently been reading Roosh's material, I've come to realize how similar Winston's and his views are. Very few blogs in the manosphere talk about going abroad as a solution. As far as I know, only Winston and Roosh do. Am I right?
I've read how some HA members bash him a lot, even Winston refers to him as an asshole. I don't really get why, well, other than his writing about how to bang women in different countries, ok, so he comes across as a bit sleazy in that regard, ...Ill agree with that part, big deal, Winston sort of did a similar thing with all his photos with women. They're players not haters. What am I missing about why any of us would dislike Roosh?
The difference is that rather than advocating going overseas for marriage or decent p4p, Roosh & Co. are advocating turning foreign women into hateful Western-style sluts by gaming them. He is also an advocate for assholishness, since "game" consists largely of being an asshole.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 3rd, 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

You may dislike Roosh but at least he puts himself out there, hes on Youtube and has been featured on Eastern European TV....

The difference between Roosh and Winston is that at least Roosh Travels, gets laid and writes about it....At least Roosh is out in the field traveling, to various countries and regularly writes new content...

Winston, on the other hand, stays in his parents basement either in Taiwan or Las Vegas....and if he doesn't, he trolls his audience on how hes scammed $3000 at the Bunny Ranch.... :roll: :roll: