Would you go to Brazil or The Philippines?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster

Would you go to Brazil or The Philippines?

Post by FusionX20 »

I speak Portuguese (brazil) and English and obviously like every other guy in the book have been singled out and told to go screw myself. I heard The Phillippines is great but what if you speak the language would it be a better option to go to South America?

To me, the women in Brazil seem to have already grasped the idiotic and narcissistic behavior of the American women. It's still a western society to me. I know a few that live here in America and it varies but lots of them are stuck up obviously cause they live here. I also on POF I have sent messages to many of them and they behave like American women.

Tell me what you think. Thanks..
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

From what I've seen online, Brazilian women are hot but trashy.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: Would you go to Brazil or The Philippines

Post by hammanta »

FusionX20 wrote:I speak Portuguese (brazil) and English and obviously like every other guy in the book have been singled out and told to go screw myself. I heard The Phillippines is great but what if you speak the language would it be a better option to go to South America?

To me, the women in Brazil seem to have already grasped the idiotic and narcissistic behavior of the American women. It's still a western society to me. I know a few that live here in America and it varies but lots of them are stuck up obviously cause they live here. I also on POF I have sent messages to many of them and they behave like American women.

Tell me what you think. Thanks..
I don't have experience with Brazil so my answer is the Philippines, but I'm sure Brazilian women are hotter on average.

Whatever country it is though, you need to come in with the right attitude. I think a lot of guys fail simply because they come in with negative mindsets. They either keep the insecure, beaten down attitude that has been created by western women causing them to still remain cautious and not make full use of the opportunity; or they are overly optimistic and concentrate all of their resources on either getting laid or finding a wife right away (which is understandable for short vacations or trips). Both scenarios generally turn out bad. I think if a guy comes in with an open mind and doesn't, as Steve Carrel would say "put the p***y on the pedestal", then he will probably do well in most countries outside of the west.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

hammanta wrote:Whatever country it is though, you need to come in with the right attitude. I think a lot of guys fail simply because they come in with negative mindsets. They either keep the insecure, beaten down attitude that has been created by western women causing them to still remain cautious and not make full use of the opportunity; or they are overly optimistic and concentrate all of their resources on either getting laid or finding a wife right away (which is understandable for short vacations or trips). Both scenarios generally turn out bad. I think if a guy comes in with an open mind and doesn't, as Steve Carrel would say "put the p***y on the pedestal", then he will probably do well in most countries outside of the west.
^^^^ THIS, a thousand times over. Well put, Hammanta.

At the start of my time in South America, I had a rough go of it. Things changed for me when I looked in the mirror and said "Hey! You're not in the U.S. anymore! Loosen up, be yourself, have fun!"

Attitude may not be everything, but it's damn close.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've been down to Brazil (Rio) and Philippines three times each. While I really liked Brazil, it is definitely more expensive then staying in Philippines. Last I checked, if you are going to stay long term in Brazil, you must show a monthly income of $2,000 which is steep. While I was down in Rio, I rented an apartment from a guy that I got to know well. He's an American expat from NY. He took me over to an American Expat get together and I was able to talk to a dozen of them and get the lowdown. Please note this was 10 years ago tho.

All of them had much younger and sexy girlfriends. The Brazilian girls know that the American expats need 2K a month to stay and this makes them very desirable. The biggest drawback to living in Rio is the violence. The expats live in constant fear of being mugged and yes it does happen.

I remember waking up early to go walk Ipanema Beach one morning. Very few people were on the beach and I was walking along the water line. Out of nowhere I can see this guy making a beeline for me. I'm guessing that once I came into closer view, he realized that I'm 6'4 and weigh 220lbs so his attempt to take the sunglasses off my head wasn't very strong. I grabbed his hand and pushed him down on the ground and he ran away. But he could have easily had a knife, shank or a gun and it could have been the end of me. As mild of an attempt as this was, it scared me and I never returned to Brazil. I feel I stand out too much.

If I were to return, I'd consider a less touristy place to check out, maybe farter south.

Compare and contrast this with Philippines, I never felt unsafe. I've walked the streets of Manila, Cebu etc and I never felt out of my element. You combine this with the fact that Philppines is much cheaper, the women are gaga for western men, it's a winning combination in my book.

I do realize violence is in every town and it may be unfair to cross a country off my list because of one occurrence. But you pick up a certain vide on the street and pretty much all of Asia has a safe feel and this is a huge positive.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ntm1972 wrote:
hammanta wrote:Whatever country it is though, you need to come in with the right attitude. I think a lot of guys fail simply because they come in with negative mindsets. They either keep the insecure, beaten down attitude that has been created by western women causing them to still remain cautious and not make full use of the opportunity; or they are overly optimistic and concentrate all of their resources on either getting laid or finding a wife right away (which is understandable for short vacations or trips). Both scenarios generally turn out bad. I think if a guy comes in with an open mind and doesn't, as Steve Carrel would say "put the p***y on the pedestal", then he will probably do well in most countries outside of the west.

At the start of my time in South America, I had a rough go of it. Things changed for me when I looked in the mirror and said "Hey! You're not in the U.S. anymore! Loosen up, be yourself, have fun!"

+1 to both
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

ntm1972 wrote:

Agreed! I also found this out the hard way. I went on a 3 week trip to Honduras back in 2010. By the end of the trip I was ready to go home. I had this mentality that all of the women should have approached me. It wasn't enough that I was getting stares and smiles from girls left and right, but I thought that I was such a commodity that they'd be all over me. I was highly disappointed when that wasn't the case. When I look back now at my experience, being more mature and more well traveled, I think, "man I was a p***y." Why didn't I just approach them, say hi, or just be my normal talkative outgoing self. I was so afraid of failure that I didn't realize how easy it could of been. I did approach a few girls and I got very positive vibes, but unfortunately my spanish was very so so and it was hard to communicate. I've come to find out that if you go in with the same defeatist mentality you're not gonna fair any better than where you came from.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

pete98146 wrote:I've been down to Brazil (Rio) and Philippines three times each. While I really liked Brazil, it is definitely more expensive then staying in Philippines. Last I checked, if you are going to stay long term in Brazil, you must show a monthly income of $2,000 which is steep. While I was down in Rio, I rented an apartment from a guy that I got to know well. He's an American expat from NY. He took me over to an American Expat get together and I was able to talk to a dozen of them and get the lowdown. Please note this was 10 years ago tho.

All of them had much younger and sexy girlfriends. The Brazilian girls know that the American expats need 2K a month to stay and this makes them very desirable. The biggest drawback to living in Rio is the violence. The expats live in constant fear of being mugged and yes it does happen.

I remember waking up early to go walk Ipanema Beach one morning. Very few people were on the beach and I was walking along the water line. Out of nowhere I can see this guy making a beeline for me. I'm guessing that once I came into closer view, he realized that I'm 6'4 and weigh 220lbs so his attempt to take the sunglasses off my head wasn't very strong. I grabbed his hand and pushed him down on the ground and he ran away. But he could have easily had a knife, shank or a gun and it could have been the end of me. As mild of an attempt as this was, it scared me and I never returned to Brazil. I feel I stand out too much.

If I were to return, I'd consider a less touristy place to check out, maybe farter south.

Compare and contrast this with Philippines, I never felt unsafe. I've walked the streets of Manila, Cebu etc and I never felt out of my element. You combine this with the fact that Philppines is much cheaper, the women are gaga for western men, it's a winning combination in my book.

I do realize violence is in every town and it may be unfair to cross a country off my list because of one occurrence. But you pick up a certain vide on the street and pretty much all of Asia has a safe feel and this is a huge positive.
So to sum up and (over)generalize:

--Rio is dangerous
--Philippines is safe
--Hot gf's available in both countries
--Phils easier if you are shy about approaching

Still to me if the OP is young, reasonably decent-looking, not real short, not grossly unfit, he should try Brazil first.... in second-tier or third-tier towns to avoid the big-city-girl factor... because of his Portugese he will have a HUGE edge there over EVERY other foreigner there.

DJFourMoney has done some research on a couple of places in Minas Gerais and Santa Catarina states. , perhaps he will choose to share. But if he is his cards close to his vest, still a google search will turn up nice places.

Personally I thought Curitiba would be ideal for an American expat because of good government, White majority, and public transportation in the form of light rail as well as buses.

To the OP, I would add that there are other interesting places that speak Portugese.

If you like light-skinned Black girls, Angola has been booming economically. Cape Verde has a range of mixes varying (in skin color and body shape) from island to island... and has hauntingly beautiful music.

And if you like Asians or Asian mixes, Macao beckons. Young people won't know much Portugese, but it's still an icebreaker to know their parents language.

Re the 2000 a month, yes, I eliminated Brazil because I don't have fixed outside salary or steady invesmtents, just variable US-based internet income. (I would still go there if my sons choose it... or go just to bride-hunt...). But the 2000 doesnt have to be a barrier. You can teach English (which is always for cash in Latin America) for 5 months and 3 weeks, leave to Uruguay or Argentina, do it there for 5 months and 3 weeks, vacation for 2 weeks elsewhere, and return to Brazil..., living in 2 or more countries on a tourist visa forever.

As DJ mentioned to me the other day, if you end up making a baby in one of those countries, they give you a green card or even citizenship. Easy to do and even fun!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Check out this this thread re Brazil

viewtopic.php?p=186306#186306
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Jester wrote:
pete98146 wrote:I've been down to Brazil (Rio) and Philippines three times each. While I really liked Brazil, it is definitely more expensive then staying in Philippines. Last I checked, if you are going to stay long term in Brazil, you must show a monthly income of $2,000 which is steep. While I was down in Rio, I rented an apartment from a guy that I got to know well. He's an American expat from NY. He took me over to an American Expat get together and I was able to talk to a dozen of them and get the lowdown. Please note this was 10 years ago tho.

So to sum up and (over)generalize:

--Rio is dangerous
--Philippines is safe
--Hot gf's available in both countries
--Phils easier if you are shy about approaching

Still to me if the OP is young, reasonably decent-looking, not real short, not grossly unfit, he should try Brazil first.... in second-tier or third-tier towns to avoid the big-city-girl factor... because of his Portugese he will have a HUGE edge there over EVERY other foreigner there.

DJFourMoney has done some research on a couple of places in Minas Gerais and Santa Catarina states. , perhaps he will choose to share. But if he is his cards close to his vest, still a google search will turn up nice places.

Personally I thought Curitiba would be ideal for an American expat because of good government, White majority, and public transportation in the form of light rail as well as buses.

To the OP, I would add that there are other interesting places that speak Portugese.

If you like light-skinned Black girls, Angola has been booming economically. Cape Verde has a range of mixes varying (in skin color and body shape) from island to island... and has hauntingly beautiful music.

And if you like Asians or Asian mixes, Macao beckons. Young people won't know much Portugese, but it's still an icebreaker to know their parents language.

Re the 2000 a month, yes, I eliminated Brazil because I don't have fixed outside salary or steady invesmtents, just variable US-based internet income. (I would still go there if my sons choose it... or go just to bride-hunt...). But the 2000 doesnt have to be a barrier. You can teach English (which is always for cash in Latin America) for 5 months and 3 weeks, leave to Uruguay or Argentina, do it there for 5 months and 3 weeks, vacation for 2 weeks elsewhere, and return to Brazil..., living in 2 or more countries on a tourist visa forever.

As DJ mentioned to me the other day, if you end up making a baby in one of those countries, they give you a green card or even citizenship. Easy to do and even fun!
Great points. I've been watching quite a bit of World Cup and they showed a profile of Curitiba and it looked amazing! Definitely a place that I'd consider if I was checking out Brazil. I think if you can eliminate the fear factor and find a safe place to live, it's hard to beat Brazil.