Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anyone celebrating Germany's WC win in Germany?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Anyone celebrating Germany's WC win in Germany?

Postby zboy1 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 pm

It must really be crazy and fun right now in Germany...LOL. Congrats to Germany. (I should've went to Vegas and put in a bet or two, since I had them winning the whole thing before the tournament started.)

I was in France when they won Euro 2000, and it was a fantastic experience: lot's of parties, celebrations and street celebrations--with lots of women around. Hahaha...

It was also cool to see how every French person seemingly went to the streets and marched together in unity, something I doubt I will ever see in the USA--considering how fractured the country is...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone celebrating Germany's WC win in Germany?

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:16 pm

zboy1 wrote:I was in France when they won Euro 2000, and it was a fantastic experience: lot's of parties, celebrations and street celebrations--with lots of women around. Hahaha...

Curious, how old are you?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 pm

eurobrat wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I was in France when they won Euro 2000, and it was a fantastic experience: lot's of parties, celebrations and street celebrations--with lots of women around. Hahaha...

I'm in my upper thirties.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:35 am

Riots in Argentina:

Mix of tears, cheers and violence in Argentina
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world ... -argentina

Argentines reacted with tears, cheers and violence after the dream of a third World Cup title slipped through their fingers today, as clashes between hooligans and police ended a massive street party.

Tens of thousands of people flocked to the Obelisk in Buenos Aires, the iconic monument where the country traditionally celebrates and rallies, waving the flag, setting off fireworks and singing the praises of national hero Lionel Messi and team.

Despite the 1-0 loss to Germany in the down-to-the-wire, extra-time match, young Argentines climbed onto traffic lights and bus stops, dancing and singing to the beat of drums.

But after several hours of partying, dozens of hardcore fans known as “barrabravasâ€￾ in Argentina started throwing blunt objects at riot police watching over the crowd, who responded by firing rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannon.

The clashes sent families with small children scurrying for refuge in restaurants or hotel lobbies.

Most of the crowd dispersed as a haze of tear gas settled over the area, leaving just a few dozen fans determined to provoke the police.

Eight police were injured in the fray and 40 people were arrested, media reports said.

Bittersweet ending

The clashes contrasted with the mostly celebratory reaction to the bittersweet end of the nation’s World Cup campaign.

“It was still a good World Cup. Reaching the final against Germany isn’t too bad. I’m proud of the team,â€￾ said Leandro Paredes, a 27-year-old mason.

“We didn’t manage to get revenge (for Argentina’s loss to Germany in its last World Cup final in 1990), but I saw 11 warriors on the pitch during this final.â€￾

Analia Cigluiti watched the match with 50,000 other Argentines on a jumbo screen in Buenos Aires’s Plaza San Martin.

“We were unlucky, but they gave everything they had and now we’re runners-up,â€￾ the 31-year-old architect said.

At 20 years old, Martin Ramirez was not yet born when Diego Maradona led Argentina to their last World Cup title in 1986.

He said today’s game was “tough.â€￾

“I thought I’d see us become world champions for the first time,â€￾ he said.

Daniela Eula, a 21-year-old retail saleswoman, said she was “disappointed but not sad.â€￾

“They lost with dignity, not like the 4-0 in South Africa,â€￾ she said—referring to another painful loss against Germany, in the 2010 quarter-finals. “They can hold their heads high.â€￾

The most disconsolate, mostly teenagers, sat on the sidewalk in shock, their eyes red with tears, or walked with their heads in their hands.

In a pizzeria transformed into a bratwurst-and-pretzel house for the match, the capital’s German community gathered to watch their team win, buying up the bar’s more than 100 liters of beer before halftime.

At the end of the match they drenched each other in beer, jumped on each other’s shoulders and sang “Deutschland, Deutschland!â€￾

German Ambassador Bernhard Graf von Waldersee, who was in the crowd, had just enough time to say it had been “a great gameâ€￾ before his security detail whisked him away from a growing crowd of furious Argentines.

“Sons of bitches!â€￾ a woman shouted at the top of her lungs as a brief scuffle broke out between Argentines and Germans, quickly broken up by police.

It remains to be seen what reception the team will get when they arrive home Monday morning, in the light of day and hours after today’s day-long party.

Despite their display of national pride after the match, the weight of disappointment was heavy.

Newspaper Clarin summed it up on its website: “The Argentine dream frustrated in extra time."

When the final whistle blew, the crowd in the plaza cheered for Messi and team—and found consolation in knowing they had at least bested arch-rivals and hosts Brazil, who finished in fourth place.

“Brazil, tell me how it feels to have your daddy in your house,â€￾ they sang to their South American neighbors, the song that has been Argentina’s anthem throughout this World Cup.

Others sang “I’m Argentine, go Argentina, every day I love you a little more.â€￾

Not very classy, Argentinian's and their fans: attacking German fans for winning the World Cup and rioting is juvenile behavior and very Thrid-Worldish in nature...even for a unstable country like Argentina. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:19 am

Winston painted his face the colors of the German flag to celebrate Germanys victory in the world cup. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby eurobrat » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 am

zboy1 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

Aren't you worried about starting a life abroad at your age so that you never have to comeback for good. I.E. finding a girl to settle down with. I'm in my late twenties and worried about it.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby zboy1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 am

eurobrat wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

Aren't you worried about starting a life abroad at your age so that you never have to comeback for good. I.E. finding a girl to settle down with. I'm in my late twenties and worried about it.

Yes, of course, but I takes time to do all that. I plan to get married to a foreign women, eventually, and possibly look to start my own business overseas, so I don't have to come back to the USA all the time.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Z9DMh7Ryc
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Z9DMh7Ryc[/youtube]
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:02 am

Sure...I can tell you that I consumed far too much food and alcohol last weekend...the whole weekend was a party weekend. The expectations were so high that most people were confident of beating argintina, especially since Germany beat a much stronger Argentina back in 2006 in a penalty shootout.

I was in germany for the world cup in 2006. There is no experience like being in a world cup country when the tournament is going on. But even so....germany comes to a halt when the national team plays a world cup game.

I was in germany in 2010 when german played england. When that become the draw I decided I HAD to be in germany for the game since it was a foregone conclusion that germany would beat england. I stayed at the Villa Kenndey with my fav#3 for the day. It was one of the nicest days of my life. It really was.

My fav#3 took a walk by the Rhine before settling down to watch the football. We had our dinner brought to our balcony overlooking the courtyard and the sun slowly, slowly settled down for the evening. It was perfect weather...perfect company...perfect result.

My fav#3 told me in the morning that she had never had a man give her such a perfect day. I really enjoyed the day too.

Anyone who ever wants to visit frankfurt and stay in the best hotel there is? You will find it VERY hard to beat this one. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world. I think this is the nicest I have stayed in overall. I have staying in bigger rooms. I was in a 3 room suite for USD500 a night one time in Hawaii when I was at a 100% club for one of my employers.....that room was better. But the service in this hotel was the best I have ever experienced.

https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hotels ... a-kennedy/
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions