Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

pregnancy question

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

pregnancy question

Postby DanielleNguyen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:13 pm

My first pregnancy it was easier to control my bladder and emotions. This is my second pregnancy. 29 weeks, and well I do my kegel exercises and exercise in general but it is harder to control my bladder this time around. Like if my husband decides to pop behind me and scare me I tinkle just a little, same when I sneeze. Is it just the pregnancy? Is there any way to fix it? And lastly is this permanent
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Re: pregnancy question

Postby OutWest » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:49 pm

DanielleNguyen wrote:My first pregnancy it was easier to control my bladder and emotions. This is my second pregnancy. 29 weeks, and well I do my kegel exercises and exercise in general but it is harder to control my bladder this time around. Like if my husband decides to pop behind me and scare me I tinkle just a little, same when I sneeze. Is it just the pregnancy? Is there any way to fix it? And lastly is this permanent

Don't you have a doctor? LOL
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby DanielleNguyen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Yeah she said it was normal. But I guess I want to fix it. I find it embarrassing. So I was looking for suggestions.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Doesn't sound like it would be permanent. Amazon's got lots of books on pregnancy & such- maybe one of the natural ones would be helpful?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby DanielleNguyen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Thx.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Danielle, if you'd read my topic about us converging, I think we have.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23442

Your content (a.k.a lifestyle) is congruent with mine, rather ordinary (granted mine is a bit stranger). There's almost no "HA content" anymore.

It would be like me getting on the forum and talking about Mel's medicine ball workout and whether or not spiraling moves could generate too much torque vs using the Nautilus for the internal organs.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby RickyRetardo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Personally, I think Danielle's posts are interesting and break up the monotony. This is a huge forum and there should be enough room for some off-topic discussion.

Really though, the members on this site are overwhelmingly male and probably don't know that much about pregnancy. In this case, you really may not be asking the right crowd.

I can suggest trying panty-liners for incontinence. There are some that are very, very small and subtle. You can't see them through clothes. They are disposable and they're basically like a smaller maxi pad. This is the best solution I can think of.
Let's get together and feel alright.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:35 pm

RickyRetardo wrote:Personally, I think Danielle's posts are interesting and break up the monotony. This is a huge forum and there should be enough room for some off-topic discussion.

Really though, the members on this site are overwhelmingly male and probably don't know that much about pregnancy. In this case, you really may not be asking the right crowd.

Ok, my turn, have you looked at using a medicine ball and doing partial squats, which work the core, as well as the legs and arms?
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby DanielleNguyen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:45 pm

I've never even heard of medical balls.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:44 pm

DanielleNguyen wrote:I've never even heard of medical balls.

Medicine ball workouts have been around since ancient times. If you're new to it, don't go over 8 lbs. Of course, when I told Mel that, she got up to 20 lbs within a month and uses the 10 lb-er for aerobics.

http://www.musclesforwomen.com/medicine-ball-exercises-for-women

BTW, after training with Mel, she'd become a monster. Only a couple of months back, her sidekick left a nasty bruise on my thigh and if her swing was a bit lower, my knee would have been fractured and I'd be wearing a cast. Quite literally, I fear for any guy, trying to attack her. She could very easily put 'em in a hospital with her kicking power.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby DanielleNguyen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:48 pm

That's a scary thought.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:56 pm

DanielleNguyen wrote:That's a scary thought.

Not for me, I've got a bodyguard :wink:

I'll just hide behind her. She can do the spin move, kick the perpetrator's knee, & shatter it.

We'll walk away while the fella's on the ground, begging for pain killers because he won't be able to walk.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Why are you asking this question on an expatriate forum?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby DanielleNguyen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Hmm I figured there are probably some mothers or father's on here who had the same problem.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:48 pm

DanielleNguyen wrote:Hmm I figured there are probably some mothers or father's on here who had the same problem.

That is a strange assumption to make of a forum comprised primarily of travelers and younger single males who dislike women from their own countries.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions