Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Is it just me or......

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Is it just me or......

Postby steve55 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:20 am

Is American culture completely shallow and soulless?

Over the past year I traveled to Colombia and even discovered some new Latin music such as these two songs listed below. I listen to these songs and think god, the "in" style of music in America today is so trashy and souless compared to the music like this. It wasn't that long ago that if I heard music like this that I'd pass it off as just low class music from an inferior culture. But the older and wiser I get, the more I realize that this (Latin) culture I had always viewed as inferior (due to my lack of cultural awareness and the American cultural brainwashing that nothing is better outside of America) is actually superior in terms of the human spirit and being soulful and real and authentic. The more I hear music like this , the more I feel the deep desire to travel more often to Latin countries to experience real connection and real meaningful culture. What really pisses me off is that by the time I might be financially capable of not depending on a yob, I'll be too old to have any energy for going out and truly enjoying latin culture. I think it sucks that by the time most of us get a grip on what we're missing out on it's already too late to do anything about it. 75 % of our lives have been robbed by the souless American culture by then. Anyways, the Philippines has always been my favorite destination (the people are so friendly and have the best trait any human being can have which is humbleness, and the girls truly accept you as you are), but the Latin culture that I once viewed as below American culture is rising to the top of my most admired cultures as of late. My best friend is still in Brazil and f**k, he looks happier than I've ever seen him look. Why can't I be there too. Well, because I have bills to pay and the one thing I give America credit for (one of the few positive things about America besides it's cleanliness) is that one can pretty much always get a job and make a living compared to other non industrialized countries. Let's give Winston credit for what he has achieved. He makes a living as an online entrepreneur and he has broken free of the prison of American culture. Very few can accomplish that. Winston is like that prisoner of war who has broken free from the prison camp. So few people will ever become financially free to break free from America. Sure, there a re jobs teaching English or whatever, but let's face it, the odds of you getting a job in a 3rd world country that pays enough for a middle class existence are few and far between.

Especially this 2nd video below.....this is romantic and soulful and clean and this kind of thing is played throughout he bars and clubs of Latin America. Compare this to the meaningless garbage that plays in the average bars and clubs of America today. Even if I were single, I could literally have a blast just by being at places playing this kind of music even if I didn't meet a single woman. I would enjoy myself greatly just hearing this kind of music. Am I turning Latin!?!?!??? Yikes !!
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
Junior Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:29 am

America's cultural peak was a quarter century ago.

Do you think that any current American act can produce the following ...

16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions