What kinds of filipinas go on dating sites and why?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote:I hate to say it but these "Philippines" threads are going to hell. It's one individual completely trying to discredit the other through insults, bullshit stats, or just plain ignorance. There's no discussion, no sense of providing useful information and helping people, and definitely no vibe signalling an effort to change.

To the OP, I'd answer your question but I know it will only lead to more of my time wasted trying to provide some insight and defend my opinion. My advice is to simply send some PMs to some of the guys that have lots of experience in the country and with dating women online. Dave, Pete, Steve and some other will be able to better adequately answer your questions than attempting to foster a good and beneficial discussion on the board.
I did 2 pretty extensive rounds of online dating and chatting and was a very very busy boy. I used Cherry Blossoms predominantly, but also DIA and FilipinoCupid. My experience was somewhere in the middle. Unlike the OP who has so far found little scamming, and Newlife who says that 99% are scammers I found some, but most girls were sincere and legitimate. I was anal enough to keep stats. The 1st time I was online I chatted and cammed with easily 150-200 girls. I calculated that eventually about 20% asked for money in some way or another; some did it very quickly and in some cases girls I chatted with many times finally asked for money. In some cases they were obvious professional online scammers; in other cases I think they had legitimate needs. I made a policy that the moment a girl asked for cash, I was done with her and moved on to the next.

Interestingly enough, the 2nd time I did a lot of online chatting/camming the number of money requests was down to about 10%. Did this mean I was lucky, the girls had changed, or I had gotten better at knowing in advance who might be a scammer and who was legit - probably a bit of all 3.

If you're looking for a stream of sex partners, logically you will tend to attract more bad girls; trading sex for cash goes as far back as man himself. If you're looking for one girl - well you can still get fooled, but you have a better chance of finding the one. To the OP - keep doing what you're doing. Chat with lots of girls until you narrow down to the type of girl you are most interested in. Have fun (even the scammers can be fun) and good luck.

As to the question of why they go online - probably for the same reasons the rest of us do. Yes, a certain percentage of Filipinas are open to relationships with "foreigners." Pete estimates about 25-30%, which is as good a guess as any. Those girls would certainly go online. Others express frustration with Pinoys who (rightly or wrongly) get categorized as drunks, gamblers, womanizers, abusive, etc. And many girls in my experience are hot to get married and believe by their early 20s that time is running out. And in the Philippines (where a 30 year old is an Old Maid) they may be right. And of course, some go online to find cash and prizes.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Your not saying anything rational except to justify your dim view of PI women.

I don't understand how somebody can claim to have a new life in PI and then have such a dim view of the women. They are only good for STR and nothing more because when they claim money isn't a factor with a western man, the scam radar goes off.

What is that based on?

As Mark has said several times. You need to defeat the[ scam demon first before pursuing a women good enough to call Mrs NewLife.

White men spend WAY too much time harping about this, from the premise that marriage as a whole it some sort of bad business/financial position.

These views are not welcome in more marriage minded circles so they come over here with this tripe hoping to find an audience.

Here's the deal Slick, most men want to get married. For those protecting their heart and their meager assets from confiscation from not only the Gumbment but unscrupulous women; you don't have enough of either to spend the majority of your time with your Scam Alert Radar on 100% of the time.

I will also say since it's become more about having sex and not developing relationships, you have forgotten how to develop these and trouble trusting anybody not just women.

Damaged person, seek help.
Mansion Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Mansion Man »

My only experience with pillipines is their call centres. And if quality of service is anything to go by pillipines are number one.

but I have to ask something , why does wvwerything over there take Pip Teen Minutes ?
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I too saw a VERY high amount of gay and transgendered men when I was there. Though I still don't think the gender ratio was all that many more women than men though, even when discounting the gay men. Hell, it still seemed like men were ever damned where, just like in the USA. Ukraine is where the gender ratio has so many women. Anyway, when I first met my fiancé, i asked why she didn't have a boyfriend and she said she was picky. And I naturally don't like picky women! So I asked what she means by that and she said she was picky on how much a man proves he wants a relationship. This did surprise me a bit, I guess myself, coming from the States where its a true fact more men want a relationship than women. So I asked her to tell me more what she means and she said men there would act like they were interested in dating and just as soon as the man gets laid, he takes off. I guess she could be lying, but after knowing her for nearly a year, she has always been an honest as hell catholic girl, at least from what I could prove so far. I also saw local men there who were in their 50s, and married to women in their 20s. And I saw lots of women who were single too. I also noticed my Fiancé's mom seemed to be in constant fear that her husband was having an affair when ever he had out of town meetings, and the girl she kept suspecting he was having it with was only 21. I also noticed the men there, many of them anyway, had a criminal streak in them, but the girls seemed like a bunch of catholic chicks who prayed alot. I really believe there would be 10 times as many Filipina on Cherry Blossoms, if it weren't for the rep American and other western men are starting to have there. At the end of the day, I'm still inclined to believe its also economic factors that play a big role as well though.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:first you would have to say something rational to respond to
I did. You're incapable of having a calm, rational discussion. No one was trying to attack you, and all you did was try to score points. This isn't a cock waving contest, but if you like that sort of thing the internet is a big place.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

jtest28 wrote:I too saw a VERY high amount of gay and transgendered men when I was there. Though I still don't think the gender ratio was all that many more women than men though, even when discounting the gay men. Hell, it still seemed like men were ever damned where, just like in the USA. Ukraine is where the gender ratio has so many women. Anyway, when I first met my fiancé, i asked why she didn't have a boyfriend and she said she was picky. And I naturally don't like picky women! So I asked what she means by that and she said she was picky on how much a man proves he wants a relationship. This did surprise me a bit, I guess myself, coming from the States where its a true fact more men want a relationship than women. So I asked her to tell me more what she means and she said men there would act like they were interested in dating and just as soon as the man gets laid, he takes off. I guess she could be lying, but after knowing her for nearly a year, she has always been an honest as hell catholic girl, at least from what I could prove so far. I also saw local men there who were in their 50s, and married to women in their 20s. And I saw lots of women who were single too. I also noticed my Fiancé's mom seemed to be in constant fear that her husband was having an affair when ever he had out of town meetings, and the girl she kept suspecting he was having it with was only 21. I also noticed the men there, many of them anyway, had a criminal streak in them, but the girls seemed like a bunch of catholic chicks who prayed alot. I really believe there would be 10 times as many Filipina on Cherry Blossoms, if it weren't for the rep American and other western men are starting to have there. At the end of the day, I'm still inclined to believe its also economic factors that play a big role as well though.
well the fact is we want them for sex that we can't get from a same type of girl in america. you can say love but lets just say what it really is sex ultimately. Well for them its obviously money or visa that they can't get in philippines. But at least with sex/love thats about the person themselves where as money well they can get off their lazy ass and become a OFW or a working girl if they want cash and obviously are cash is not a personal attribute about us and our character etc. Thats why no man wants to be a ATM.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:they want your money or visa. in 99 percent of cases. the other 1 percent are so ugly or have mental issues or attitude problems that not even a filipino wants them so they try foreigners (i know of one case where the girl is hot but she has issues and attitude i wouldn't want her either).

How can you not know they are gold diggers? Are you serious? I was talkign to nurse girl for weeks constantly all day she bugged me. I thoguht she was legit but when i met her she was just a gold digger looking for a easy way to have lots of vacations and money spent and to get out of the country. i always suspected form our chats that was her agenda but she seemed also quite sincere and even said marriage shouldn't be about money of course i said B.S and she said it was pathetic of me to say that but anytime a girl says marriage shouldn't be about money i sually think they say that to hide their agenda. you wont know how they are until you see them in person and possibly until a few weeks or months of living together. even then id be careful.

My opinion is all the good ones are not on the dating site. I dont do daygame though so its tough situation for me but id probably be much more likely to find a hot filipina cold approaching thats legit than one in online dating.

The ones on the dating site are smarter than most filipinas because they aren't as shy and timid and are more goal oriented in a convenient manner because they want your money or a easy way out of the country without having to do hard work theirselves like OFW or a mall job. The ones on the dating site also dont care what their family thinks of them looking like a hoe to a foreigner or are not that close to them or their family doesn't care if they see a foreigner

the ones NOT on the dating site are often very stupid and naive to realize they have no future in phil or being an OFW and that they would be better off seeking $$$. They are banging the pretty boy and dont want your money and either will find their own work in phil or abroad or will fall in love and marry with their local pretty boy. For example my bargirl girlfriend never dreamed of foreigners it wasn't until she got cheated on abroad and left with 2 kids at 26 thats a common story once they been burned then they start trying to get a foreigner. OR the ones NOT on the dating may want a foreigne or cash but they are too shy and ashamed to try online dating to be seen with a foreigner for fear of being seen as a hoe so they would take some convincing which you could do in real life they would say yes of course but they wouldnt be the type to get on a dating site first.

I have not met a filipina or talked to a filipina on the dating site who did not have this agenda.

Sure they might be going to college and youll say this girl doesn't want my money she is just a student busy with her studies, of course not she wants more she wants a instant visa marriage once she is done with her studies.
This sounds about right to me 8)