Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics


Everybody's depressed

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Post Reply
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8101
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Everybody's depressed

Post by jamesbond » August 1st, 2014, 12:35 pm

Aaron Clarey talks about the fact that it's normal to be depressed, even though in the US your supposed to be "happy" all the time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTCg3ZdGtMc&list=UUcjX483N0jRI3qznYU0w3pg&index=1[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Post by Moretorque » August 1st, 2014, 2:05 pm

I am not depressed now because I know how the world really works, before when all the pieces did not fit correctly I was real depressed.

If I had kids I would be depressed.
Time to Hide!

hammanta
Junior Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Post by hammanta » August 1st, 2014, 2:53 pm

He does have a good point with exercise. One of the best "highs" you can have and provides a sense of accomplishment that can fuel the day or week. Just finding a hobby, class or volunteering can work wonders by getting your mind off whatever it is that is troubling you. Too much free time stirs up those demented thoughts in your mind that have been suppressed for days, weeks, or years.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4561
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 1st, 2014, 3:45 pm

That's one thing I can't stand about the USA: you always have to show your "happy-face" or else, people think you are odd or weird.

At least in China, the people may be unsmiling, tired and stressed, but no one will ask you why you're not happy, try to get you to act all fake with happiness, or ask you stupid questions about your lack of happiness. LOL.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Post by Ghost » August 1st, 2014, 7:39 pm

In the U.S., you are happiest when you "clock out" of the society. Then you can at least have solitude with which to improve yourself.

In many other countries, you are happiest when you get into the society because you can make friends, have dates, and have conversations with strangers and it isn't even awkward.

Biggest social differences the simplest way I can put it.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Post by Moretorque » August 2nd, 2014, 5:12 pm

As more people are figuring out they are a rat in a socialist experiment in the US things are getting better in this regard as far as peoples depth go, one thing I notice is people who are on the socialist gravy troth primarily the baby boomers and earlier generations they seem to be the ones denying everything and the fact the country the US is living a rouse.
Time to Hide!

manly5000
Freshman Poster
Posts: 446
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 12:43 am

Post by manly5000 » August 2nd, 2014, 8:18 pm

I'm depressed but for a different reason... I'm beginning the process of selling off all my stuff and figuring out how to condense my entire life into one 70+10 size backpack as there are only a couple months left until I GTFO of Dodge. Cars, furniture, trinkets, etc that have been with me for years if not decades, sooooo many memories and good times, especially with my cars. Cars that I had originally planned on keeping for the rest of my life, until getting divorced 5 years ago and having that life collapse and disintegrate in front of my eyes.

Breaks my heart but it has to be done. There's only one way to start over and that is to truly push the reset button. But I suppose this is a "good" depression and different from the topic of this thread, so... carry on. :?

User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Post by droid » August 2nd, 2014, 8:30 pm

manly5000 wrote:as there are only a couple months left until I GTFO of Dodge. Cars, furniture, trinkets, etc

+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » August 3rd, 2014, 2:35 am

manly5000 wrote:
Cars, furniture, trinkets, etc that have been with me for years if not decades, sooooo many memories and good times, especially with my cars. Cars that I had originally planned on keeping for the rest of my life, until getting divorced 5 years ago and having that life collapse and disintegrate in front of my eyes.

Breaks my heart but it has to be done. There's only one way to start over and that is to truly push the reset button.



"Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead"
--Letter to the people of Philippi, from Saul of Tarsus

manly5000 wrote:
I'm beginning the process of selling off all my stuff and figuring out how to condense my entire life into one 70+10 size backpack as there are only a couple months left until I GTFO of Dodge. But I suppose this is a "good" depression and different from the topic of this thread, so... carry on. :?



Angels go with you.

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=70%2 ... 67&bih=459

manly5000
Freshman Poster
Posts: 446
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 12:43 am

Post by manly5000 » August 7th, 2014, 3:54 am

phuck this ain't easy... my cars were my heart and soul until now.

I do so much of this on faith... faith that my life abroad will be so much more rewarding than my life here, a life filled with misery. When misery is all you've ever known... it's hard to imagine anything different.

But I persist. I WILL make this happen. There's a whole world out there waiting for me to discover it, and as soon, AS SOON as I sell these damned cars... it will be time to do exactly that.

No estoy como las otras personas que quedan en los estados unidos.... eu nao sou como a gente o que ficam aqui. America Latina e onde o que preciso ficar y aquelas mulheres vao estar o sueno de mio. Voy a ganar, voy a vencer, eu vou vencer pra tudo tempo!!

Estoy listo. El tiempo viene pronto.

Claro.

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3029
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Post by publicduende » August 7th, 2014, 6:50 am

manly5000 wrote:phuck this ain't easy... my cars were my heart and soul until now.

I do so much of this on faith... faith that my life abroad will be so much more rewarding than my life here, a life filled with misery. When misery is all you've ever known... it's hard to imagine anything different.

But I persist. I WILL make this happen. There's a whole world out there waiting for me to discover it, and as soon, AS SOON as I sell these damned cars... it will be time to do exactly that.

No estoy como las otras personas que quedan en los estados unidos.... eu nao sou como a gente o que ficam aqui. America Latina e onde o que preciso ficar y aquelas mulheres vao estar o sueno de mio. Voy a ganar, voy a vencer, eu vou vencer pra tudo tempo!!

Estoy listo. El tiempo viene pronto.

Claro.


I suppose you're listo for a nice big trip across Brazil and South America. Good luck!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » August 7th, 2014, 7:44 am

manly5000 wrote: America Latina e onde o que preciso ficar y aquelas mulheres vao estar o sueno de mio. Voy a ganar, voy a vencer, eu vou vencer pra tudo tempo!!

Estoy listo. El tiempo viene pronto.

Claro.


+1

Halwick
Freshman Poster
Posts: 329
Joined: September 11th, 2013, 5:39 am
Location: U.S.

Post by Halwick » August 7th, 2014, 8:33 am

zboy1 wrote:That's one thing I can't stand about the USA: you always have to show your "happy-face" or else, people think you are odd or weird.

At least in China, the people may be unsmiling, tired and stressed, but no one will ask you why you're not happy, try to get you to act all fake with happiness, or ask you stupid questions about your lack of happiness. LOL.


Well, what have you to say about Thailand, aka "Land of Smiles". If you don't smile in Thailand, then it is perceived something is wrong with you. So you are have to smile, even if its fake.

And another thing, that Thai smile isn't always genuine and Thais are known to "smile" at farangis , hiding their true intent when screwing them over.

manly5000
Freshman Poster
Posts: 446
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 12:43 am

Post by manly5000 » August 7th, 2014, 1:47 pm

publicduende wrote:I suppose you're listo for a nice big trip across Brazil and South America. Good luck!


More than you can imagine... thanks! 8)

PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1729
Joined: April 21st, 2012, 11:25 am

Post by PeterAndrewNolan » August 7th, 2014, 7:10 pm

If I lived in the west I would be depressed too. It is now a very bad place to live.

I left. And I would recommend other men do too.

If you have to stay? I recommend you become my client and take my advice.

For all those who stay in the west and refuse to become my client and refuse to take my advice?

Good luck with that...you are going to need it.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”