Rock and Winston interview each other for our 1st Podcast!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Rock wrote: I don't know for sure about Roosh but I suspect he has a lot more experience and first hand knowledge than you. A 'few german girlfriends' are just a tiny sliver of the whole population. Speaking of German girls as a unit is kinda silly. They are not all the same. There are certain girls there who are definitely into black guys. But what makes you so sure you are 100% right about Europe. You've only been there a year or two, right? I too lived in London (over 2 years) and Norway (several months). I've travelled the region quite a bit on many trips including Italy. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just sharing my own experience abroad like I wish more people here would do instead of focusing on problems back in States.
So now you're a Roosh worshipper too? Roosh isn't knowledgeable on anything but writing hate articles and stirring up the pot online. The guy doesn't even live a normal life.

I never said German girls were a unit I'm saying that your suggestion of simply being black, brown white or yellow does not give anyone an advantage here.

I'm not the one focusing on problems in the US so don't throw me into that bucket.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I've listened to your interviews, and I learned more new stuff from the first one, since much of the content in the second one is already on the website.

Thanks for mentioning me in the interview too, and mentioning that China is incredibly diverse. Some of the larger Chinese cities may be more like Taiwan, while the boondocks certainly do resemble Vietnam much more than Taiwan.

Winston's heavy breathing is because of some health issues. And Winston isn't nervous at all, that's just the way he talks. In his own words, "down-to-earth" was the sense I got. But much of Winston's knowledge comes from the adventures he's had several years ago, so don't count on Winston for more trip reports, it's up to us other forum members to add more trip reports. :)
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Falcon wrote:I've listened to your interviews, and I learned more new stuff from the first one, since much of the content in the second one is already on the website.
Honestly I've gone backwards. I question his opinion because he has no facts to back it up with.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:Honestly I've gone backwards. I question his opinion because he has no facts to back it up with.
Dude, you're still mad at the world?! You got laid yet? :)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

eurobrat wrote:
Falcon wrote:I've listened to your interviews, and I learned more new stuff from the first one, since much of the content in the second one is already on the website.
Honestly I've gone backwards. I question his opinion because he has no facts to back it up with.
By facts, do you mean top-down statistics? I'm speaking from grassroots experience. Perhaps part of the issue is that I'm often attracted to the same types of girls that black guys tend to go for and often get. Another example is that recent Youtube link posted on this forum of that Irish girl together with her black boyfriend talking about why she likes black guys.

If you want stats, just use Google and the Internet. If you want some insights gleaned from living the life of an Anglo expat in Asia and certain other parts of the world, then you can listen to guys like Ladislav, Falcon, and myself. As Ladislav has said many times, YMMV, different people in the same place often have radically different experiences and perceptions. So take it what its worth and if it's worthless to you, then just keep paving your own path, sharing, and not deleting your contributions lol.

BTW, how is Berlin working out for you socially so far?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:Eurobrat,We already explained to you why we go back to America. Rock goes back to see his parents. He is close to his parents, not like most white American families are. I go back to the USA to see nature and because I miss the big portions in restaurants and the clean air. The US is unparalleled when it comes to nature and national parks.
Also Winston, I disagree with what you said about living in a small town everyones friendly. I tried this in Italy and it was the exact opposite.
Yea, small towns are often hickish with people who act very suspicious of outsiders and not friendly at all. Chiayi in Taiwan is a great example of this. Another is my small hometown here in Illinois though it's not as bad as Chiayi. Think about how the locals in "Deliverance" behaved towards the visitors who came to boat. That's not so far off the mark for many small towns and villages around the world.
I disagree 100 percent. Chiayi is not considered a small town. It is a small city. Chiayi has skyscraper buildings and tons of traffic on its streets. That's no small town. The Italian town that Eurobrat lived in is also a small city. He experienced Italian cliquishness which is part of their culture, not because it was a small town. A small town in my view is more like Mayberry on "The Andy Griffith Show" or Walnut Grove on "Little House on the Prairie". Such towns have very little traffic, are surrounded by beautiful nature and outdoor scenery, and have friendly people that talk to strangers. I'm talking about towns with only a few hundred or a few thousand people.

Maybe in Illinois small towns are closed and hickish. But not in the Southwest USA. I've been to many small towns in Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. The people there are more likely to smile, make eye contact and talk to strangers. I speak from personal experience. More strangers talk to me in small towns than in big cities and suburbs. People are way more down-to-earth too. Just ask the people in the small towns themselves. They will agree with me and they have when I asked them.

This is true even in Nevada. For example, in Las Vegas people do not talk to strangers. They are very snobby like in LA. But if you go to Carson City, the capitol of Nevada, the vibe is different. It is relaxed and down-to-earth and people are friendlier and talk to strangers more easily. Every time I went to the hot springs pool in Carson City, people have talked to me and engaged me in conversation. And in restaurants, waiters will ask me questions and make conversation with me. Go to Carson City sometime and you will see what I mean.

Also, in Lincoln, NM and Capital, NM, a lot of shop owners talked to me. And even an attractive woman in a laundromat talked to me and gave me a ride in her SUV to the supermarket to get detergent. Those things never happen to me in US cities and suburbans. How do you explain that?
Last edited by Winston on August 21st, 2014, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:Eurobrat,
Well I thought Rock made a lot of sense and was very realistic. He asked some critical questions, but he did not make any claims. What did you disagree with him on exactly?
Rock Disagreements:

- Chickened out on France because of the language but went to Taiwan
This makes no sense, I would think learning Taiwanese Mandarin is much harder than French. Where's the logic in this?

- Black men have an extraordinary advantage in Germany.
This is the biggest and weirdest thing I have heard, there is no special advantage to just "being black" here in Germany. The only type of German girls you would attract are probably the ghetto type into black rap, these are usually lower class girls and not as attractive or educated as the upper echelon German hotties you can find around here. Just showing up and "being black" won't get you far here at all. For top shelf or even mid shelf German girls you need a life, money, a job and excellent presentation.
Winston wrote:The US is unparalleled when it comes to nature and national parks.
North America has it's beauties, but so does Europe and Asia.
Winston wrote:Some people get homesick after traveling a while too. You gotta understand that. The grass is always greener on the other side. If you don't travel, you itch for adventure and being on the move. If you travel a lot, you miss home. That's how it is.
Well I don't miss anything, maybe good Mexican food but thats about it. Name one other thing that I can't easily find here in Germany that I might miss from the USA.
Isn't it obvious? Rock has an Asian soul and personality. So he is more drawn toward Asia than Europe. He is like an Asian person in a white body. Falcon and Starchild have met Rock too and they both observed the same about him.

Well if only the ghetto girls in Germany like black guys, that's better than nothing. I'm sure black guys don't mind. Perhaps that's good enough for them?

Of course Europe has some beautiful nature. But it doesn't compare to America in terms of size and scope. Come on. Everyone knows this. Even Rock agrees with me on this. Europe was already overpopulated in 1492 when Columbus set sail looking for a route to India and China. There wasn't enough land for living, let alone national parks.

Watch Ken Burns 12 hour documentary series on America's National Parks and you will see what I mean. You will be left in awe of America's national parks and understand why they are unparalleled.

http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/

Last edited by Winston on August 20th, 2014, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:
Winston wrote: Thanks Mr S.
But you aren't making sense on a lot of points.

First, you forgot to notice that my stuttering was a lot LESS in these recent podcasts. I did stutter a lot before. But there is a big improvement in that area now. Anyone who listens to my podcasts in the past will notice the difference. You failed to for some reason. Even Rock, who is very critical, noticed the big improvement. I stutter much less now. Are you sure you heard our interview? It sounds like you are referring to my interviews years ago.

Deep thinkers and introverts cannot speak as fast as they think or write. So it sometimes comes out as stammering. Deep thinkers also overthink things, which slows down our speech as well.

Second, I don't see how you could say that the interview is scattered and not focused. ALL my questions were VERY relevant and ON TOPIC. How did we jump around? That doesn't make sense. All interviews do the same.

Third, why should I have a more energetic voice? This is a serious authentic discussion, not an entertainment show. Your voice is not energetic either. Your voice is solemn and serious and with no bull. Why would you cite that as a flaw? Content is king here. I would like to see you try to do better. How about we interview you?

Fourth, the interviews you do are for students taking an English exam. That is totally different than a radio show or podcast show. Come on now.

The discussion was not circular at all. The same questions were repeated maybe once or twice, but not much.

You have a point about the sound though. The smart phone was closer to me, and Rock didn't speak up. But he did speak louder in the second interview though. And in the second interview, the phone was placed the same distance between us.

Yes a round table discussion would be great. Maybe we could have Rock, Ladislav, Jester and Mr S. But too many people talking could get too confusing though, as the listeners would not know who is who. lol

Maybe three people at the most.

Would you be interested in doing one over Skype? We just have to find a way to record Skype conversations. I could use my smart phone for that of course, but the sound may be inconsistent. I'd just have to hold it close to the computer speaker.

Yes, I did listen to the first one and not the second. I also understand how deep thinkers and introverts process info as I am one myself, so I don't need the lecture or information about the reasoning behind the way the podcast sounded to me, as I mentioned, it's my opinion, not necessarily fact as everyone will have different standards and communicative style likes and dislikes.

Why do you shoot down the messenger when you asked for an unbiased opinion about the podcast in the first place? I'm not going to give feedback in the future if it's just going to be refuted point by point and then rebuffed with a personalized attack in retaliation for giving a personal opinion, which is just that, an opinion that should be accepted as just that. You should have just said thanks for the feedback but I disagree on this and that and leave it at that. I don't need to hear how my speaking appears to you or others, I'm quite aware how my voice sounds in various circumstances as I have to listen to myself being recorded hundreds of times a month. Most people don't like the way their voice sounds and the ones that care try to change how it sounds to others. I know my voice sucks if I'm under general circumstances, at least I'm aware of it whereas most people go through life in complete denial. Thus, because of previous work and situations that had to deal with extensive talking, I've learned to modulate my communications depending on the situation. It hasn't been easy but I'm aware of how I am perceived by others, which wasn't the case in the past. Everyone is going to have a different impression of a persons voice through personal experiences in life. All I was doing was giving you feedback, if you don't agree fine, don't lambast me for it. You should appreciate that I even care to take the time to give feedback, most people don't give a f**k to respond.

I'm not a 'verified' or 'degreed' communication expert but all I'm trying to do is give you feedback based on my own extensive communication experience. I've worked in the military as an RT communicater, face to face civilian communicating in government office, over the phone extensive internal and external customer service communications, communicative English teaching and testing both one on one and group. This was mainly a karmic way to improve upon my initial speaking deficiencies in life, the hard way. I'm just giving personalized feedback based on my own listening experience.

I'm not sure now if I'd want to do an interview cause it may be a bait and switch where you would just try to criticize me after the interview to justify how you were right in the previous post regarding how I sounded and that what I gave feedback on was unjustified. I never said that the feedback I gave was 100% correct, all it was was general feedback and that's it. I'm not really into the i'm right you're wrong paradigm anymore. It's too much energy wasted on nothing constructive.

If you want my feedback in the future don't criticize it cause I just won't do it again if that's what I'll expect. You're a sensitive guy and so am I and we just express it in different ways, you should know better as it's just ends up being disruptive to the feedback process ya know...
Mr S,
I was not trying to lambast you. I was only pointing out some inaccuracies in your observations. I don't think they were fair either. For example, I did not stutter or stammer that much on these podcasts, only occasionally. Both Rock and Eurobrat noticed that too and gave me credit for that. You didn't. That was unfair.

Also, I never said there was anything wrong with your voice. So don't be sensitive about that. I was merely pointing out that your voice is not energetic either. You sound sincere and down-to-earth, just like me and Rock do. So why do you cite my voice as non-energetic? This is not an entertainment show. It's a serious one.

I do not do bait and switch. I am the least deceptive person you know. So why would you be afraid of that? I was merely giving you a chance to show what you got. Every advisor here should be interviewed. Plus your voice hasn't been made public yet. The purpose here is for information and inspiration. It's not a contest.
Last edited by Winston on August 20th, 2014, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:There is too much talk about Asia and PI on this site, HA is about variety

Rock can tell us about DR and other South American countries and how they compare to other places

Cover things like cost of living, girls, p4p, safety, etc

I can understand Australians love SEA due to its proximity, girls and cheap tickets but if i was American I would definitely chose Caribbean and LA over Asia. Latinas have better bodies, faces, different shapes and colors, more intellectual and it is few hours away.

Thai and Filipina girls are like a cheap vanila ice cream you buy in your local supermarket, it doesn't taste good from the start and you get bored after 1 or 2 days. Am i the only one feeling this way?
Well I was going to interview Eurobrat about his experiences in Europe, but he isn't ready yet and is still formulating his outline. I am also trying to get my friend Rob in Prague to be interviewed too. But he is not sure yet about when he will have time. I also talked about Russia in my portion of the interview so it wasn't all about Asia.

Unless Eurobrat is ready, I will probably do an interview with Ladislav next.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out. My friend Walt Goodridge, who is a motivational coach, gave a great review of the podcasts I did with Rock. Here is what he said:
I'm listening to Rock interviewing you now.
As I've said before, your radio voice is very good--
well-spoken, clear, easy to understand, and thoughts
proceed logically from one idea to the next.

Good points you made:
(1) school bullying in America vs school bullying abroad
(2) I'm glad that you said: "Everything I'd been told was the opposite of what was true."
That's similar to the subtitle of my book, In Search of a Better Belief System.....
Because Everything You Believe.....is wrong!" People need to hear that.
(3) The problem was not me.

I've also commented before that neither you (nor Rock)
talk over each other. Each person waits for the other
to complete their statement or question before proceeding.
That's a particular pet peeve of mine when I listen to
some interviews and also in regular conversations
with regular folks--people are often just in a conversation
to spout their own views, and are just waiting for an opportunity
to cut in and talk over you.

Good stuff!

W
p.s. based on my own preference as a minimalist: material comforts are highly overrated! :-)
If you want to visit Walt's websites:
http://www.waltgoodridge.com
http://www.passionprofit.com

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Honestly I've gone backwards. I question his opinion because he has no facts to back it up with.
Dude, you're still mad at the world?! You got laid yet? :)
Vai a farti fottere!

Questa conversazione è tra me e rock. Nessuno ti ha invitato. Il tuo consiglio è tossico, ho intenzione di avvertire tutti. Tu e l'Italia rovinato la mia vita, non potrò mai tornare alla normalità! Hai fatto fare a me!

L'autunno è un brutto periodo per le donne... seccano i piselli, migrano gli uccelli, cadono i marroni, e se poi c'è anche la nebbia non si vede più un cazzo!!

Lasciami stare! Testa di cazzo!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Rock wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
By facts, do you mean top-down statistics? I'm speaking from grassroots experience. Perhaps part of the issue is that I'm often attracted to the same types of girls that black guys tend to go for and often get. Another example is that recent Youtube link posted on this forum of that Irish girl together with her black boyfriend talking about why she likes black guys.

If you want stats, just use Google and the Internet. If you want some insights gleaned from living the life of an Anglo expat in Asia and certain other parts of the world, then you can listen to guys like Ladislav, Falcon, and myself. As Ladislav has said many times, YMMV, different people in the same place often have radically different experiences and perceptions. So take it what its worth and if it's worthless to you, then just keep paving your own path, sharing, and not deleting your contributions lol.

BTW, how is Berlin working out for you socially so far?
I saw that video, thats just one girl and not the whole lot. You make weird claims and honestly European or Asian girls wouldn't agree with you. You'll come off as a weirdo with these generalisations. Seriously, lighten up.

WTF is YMMV? :roll:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:Vai a farti fottere!

Questa conversazione è tra me e rock. Nessuno ti ha invitato. Il tuo consiglio è tossico, ho intenzione di avvertire tutti. Tu e l'Italia rovinato la mia vita, non potrò mai tornare alla normalità! Hai fatto fare a me!

L'autunno è un brutto periodo per le donne... seccano i piselli, migrano gli uccelli, cadono i marroni, e se poi c'è anche la nebbia non si vede più un cazzo!!

LOL it appears not... It's never a "brutto periodo" to let off some steam (or poison, or both).
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Vai a farti fottere!

LOL it appears not... It's never a "brutto periodo" to let off some steam (or poison, or both).
:lol:

You know me far too well. Mi manchi stronzo...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
Banano wrote:There is too much talk about Asia and PI on this site, HA is about variety

Rock can tell us about DR and other South American countries and how they compare to other places

Cover things like cost of living, girls, p4p, safety, etc

I can understand Australians love SEA due to its proximity, girls and cheap tickets but if i was American I would definitely chose Caribbean and LA over Asia. Latinas have better bodies, faces, different shapes and colors, more intellectual and it is few hours away.

Thai and Filipina girls are like a cheap vanila ice cream you buy in your local supermarket, it doesn't taste good from the start and you get bored after 1 or 2 days. Am i the only one feeling this way?
Well I was going to interview Eurobrat about his experiences in Europe, but he isn't ready yet and is still formulating his outline. I am also trying to get my friend Rob in Prague to be interviewed too. But he is not sure yet about when he will have time. I also talked about Russia in my portion of the interview so it wasn't all about Asia.

Unless Eurobrat is ready, I will probably do an interview with Ladislav next.
When is good for you? Saturday or Sunday?