Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


For those of you still considering marriage

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

For those of you still considering marriage

Postby nicho12 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 pm

nicho12
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio







Postby The » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:02 am

Like I always tell people....If you want to get married then thats fine....But follow the Tina Turner model and marry at age 73....Hey she was with her partner for 27 years prior to marriage.....That is the ideal route to take...
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:14 am

The wrote:Like I always tell people....If you want to get married then thats fine....But follow the Tina Turner model and marry at age 73....Hey she was with her partner for 27 years prior to marriage.....That is the ideal route to take...

The message is out, there is a plethora of examples or ruin, and STILL men want to get married.

Go ahead and get you some and be the next Robin Williams. I have no sympathy for him or any other idiot that gets ruined from marriage because it is ARROGANCE that they are somehow smarter or better or more noble than other men that seals their fate.

Robin Williams' suicide was his acknowledgment that he was wrong and we were right all along!
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Postby The » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
The wrote:Like I always tell people....If you want to get married then thats fine....But follow the Tina Turner model and marry at age 73....Hey she was with her partner for 27 years prior to marriage.....That is the ideal route to take...

The message is out, there is a plethora of examples or ruin, and STILL men want to get married.

Go ahead and get you some and be the next Robin Williams. I have no sympathy for him or any other idiot that gets ruined from marriage because it is ARROGANCE that they are somehow smarter or better or more noble than other men that seals their fate.

Robin Williams' suicide was his acknowledgment that he was wrong and we were right all along!


Men don't get it...at least American men anyway....cohabiting is way favored in places like Scandinavia and France...and no one seems to have an issue...Men should not even think about marriage until the age of 50 minimum when your older and much wiser than some punk ass 25 yr old who knows nothing....And if you want to be a parent that's fine too...just be a cohabiting parent with your partner....I wouldn't wait to be 50+ years old personally for children but for marriage absolutely...
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Postby aozora13 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Cohabitating happens in other EU countries as well. I recall when working in Europe about how a Dutch guy had a girlfriend (live-in) and had 2 children. He was pretty happy and not concerned about officially marrying her. This was years ago but I see that it is not a stigma in Europe as in the US. However, some states have common law marriage after living together for years.

Should guys in the US and/or other Anglo/western countries get married? No, there are too many laws that are anti-marriage for men. Also because of the fact that women in the west and non-Anglo countries like Scandinavia region (Finland, Norway, Sweden) have the empowered women movement, men should stop marrying and just date (and maybe... live with them).
aozora13
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Postby The » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Or you can move to England where Common Law marriage does not exist...
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Postby Yohan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Due to biased media under feminist control men are grossly misinformed about what can happen to them in case of divorce.
There is no legal information given to them - not even a leaflet - explaining their obligations and their nonexisting 'rights'.

Marriage is basically to sell out the male person. All from him to her, nothing in return. I do not know even about one single tiny advantage which could be a benefit for a man in case of marriage.

Co-habitation is a little bit better, in case of trouble there are still a few months to reconsider.

However nowadays there is a lot of information on the internet, a man cannot claim easily he did not know this and that...

It is difficult to inform men as many of them will not listen to other men - they believe only what women and manginas are telling them, but can you blame them for that? They do not know it better, all their upbringing was about 'respecting women' and similar BS. What to do?
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby stressedtothebone » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Marriage is a criminal contract with the State.
stressedtothebone
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:13 am

Postby sea_dragon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Your freedom would be lost and whatever money you make would be lost. Women are the same everywhere, they are succubi and blood sucking fiends on some level.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 5:17 am

Postby The » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Usher confesses his biggest mistake was ‘getting married at 28’

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/usher-confesses-biggest-mistake-married-28-article-1.1903383#ixzz3ATCQVXpL

OMG! Usher confessed to his biggest mistake ever.

"Getting married at 28," the singer said in the September issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.

While he can't deny the error he made, the "U Got it Bad" singer took the lessons that came with it.

"Most people probably think I regret it because I ended up getting divorced," he told the mag. "But it helped me learn that sometimes I think I know more than I actually do."

Happier days: Usher Raymond arrives with then girlfriend Tameka Foster at the 15th annual Trumpet Awards at the Bellagio on Jan. 22, 2007, in Las Vegas. They were married shortly after and divorced in 2009.

Usher married Tameka Foster, a wardrobe stylist, in 2007 and after two years they were heading toward splitsville. During their happier times, the couple had two children — Naviyd, 5, and 6-year-old Usher Jr.

Their happiness quickly changed to a bitter custody battle over the children, and in 2012 the 35-year-old singer won.

Since getting over that hurdle, Usher has taken heed to the advice of those close to him like the late James Brown.

"'If you stay ready, you ain't gonna get ready,'" he said of the Godfather of Soul's wise words. "James Brown told me that right before we performed together at the Grammys in 2005."

The following year Brown passed away, but not before leaving a lasting impression on Usher.

"I've never forgotten it, and I'm always telling people, 'Well, James Brown once told me …'" he said.
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Postby tamdrin12 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:38 pm

What if your like me and have no money anyone could take.. then is it ok to get married? hahaa....
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Postby Yohan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 pm

tamdrin12 wrote:What if your like me and have no money anyone could take.. then is it ok to get married? hahaa....


I think a major point of discussion is the decision where you will continue your life with her in future - in Western countries or in her country.

It is no coincidence that Western men, retired, moving to Philippines or Thailand etc. and living together with a often surprisingly young local woman have a very low divorce rate.

In my case, my wife and me, we were both neither rich nor poor, about the same - but it was I who moved to Japan, and no problems so far, as I can earn here at least the same as in Europe. - We are not so many Western men here in Japan, but divorce is really rare.

Most Asian women cannot expect a good profit in case of divorce if the divorce is carried out in Asian countries, however many honest Asian girls prefer the idea to continue to live in their own country - but with a foreign husband out of various reasons.

If an Asian girl is totally into relocation and loves you and wants urgently to move to Western countries, you have to be very careful, might be for visa and money only.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Yohan wrote:
tamdrin12 wrote:What if your like me and have no money anyone could take.. then is it ok to get married? hahaa....


I think a major point of discussion is the decision where you will continue your life with her in future - in Western countries or in her country.

It is no coincidence that Western men, retired, moving to Philippines or Thailand etc. and living together with a often surprisingly young local woman have a very low divorce rate.

In my case, my wife and me, we were both neither rich nor poor, about the same - but it was I who moved to Japan, and no problems so far, as I can earn here at least the same as in Europe. - We are not so many Western men here in Japan, but divorce is really rare.

Most Asian women cannot expect a good profit in case of divorce if the divorce is carried out in Asian countries, however many honest Asian girls prefer the idea to continue to live in their own country - but with a foreign husband out of various reasons.

If an Asian girl is totally into relocation and loves you and wants urgently to move to Western countries, you have to be very careful, might be for visa and money only.


Thats been my experience with filipina nurses, they urgently want to get out and want to use the guy as a platform to make more money. Thats why im weary of high status or educated girls in phil they just want to use the guy to make that money in the next country.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:58 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
The wrote:Like I always tell people....If you want to get married then thats fine....But follow the Tina Turner model and marry at age 73....Hey she was with her partner for 27 years prior to marriage.....That is the ideal route to take...

The message is out, there is a plethora of examples or ruin, and STILL men want to get married.

Go ahead and get you some and be the next Robin Williams. I have no sympathy for him or any other idiot that gets ruined from marriage because it is ARROGANCE that they are somehow smarter or better or more noble than other men that seals their fate.

Robin Williams' suicide was his acknowledgment that he was wrong and we were right all along!


Of course, when a man loses a lot of money in a divorce, it takes a toll on his emotional state.

Men are 10X more likely than women to commit suicide following a divorce.

Even rich men get hurt in the divorce courts and the economy isn't good either and that's a bad mixture.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:00 am

If you want to cohabit with a woman or marry her, make sure that you either get an asset protection plan.

Or you can just not marry.

Because in some places, you will have to pay palimony through common law marriage if you live with a woman long enough.

Cohabit with a woman only in a place where there isn't common law marriage.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest