Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Has anyone been to Bosnia?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby gsjackson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:42 am

OK, here's my deal with Poland. I flew there first of a seven-month trip to Europe (that has now detoured briefly to Asia), because it has some kind of arrangement with the US such that if you want to stay in the Schengen Zone indefinitely and not have to stay out every other 90 days, you can do that by just leaving Poland every 90 days, then coming back the next day and getting a new 90-day stamp.

I had a planned itinerary that involved much time in the Balkans. Stayed in Warsaw the first month, and made a bad choice of lodging because it was super-cheap, and I didn't focus enough on privacy issues. It was a room in a young family's house. They have a lot of rooms to rent in other buildings, but put me in their own house.

The day I arrived the husband was out of town. The wife seemed to like me, and was running hubby down in conversation quite a bit. He comes back, a little insecure ogre of a man, picks up on a vibe where the wife, the kids, the dog and cat are all making a fuss over me, and starts yelling his head off all the time at the family and animals to assert his dominion. Very uncomfortable -- I'd never lived under the same roof with a yeller before -- and laid low. Was very glad when it came time to leave.

Interestingly -- and this is very noteworthy about Polish culture, I think -- his trump card in reestablishing his dominion over the household was religion. They were extremely devout Catholics, as many Poles are, and the Polish Easter is something else again. All stores, and most restaurants were closed from 4 p.m. on Good Friday until Tuesday morning. I went with the family to five hours of church services, they went to a total of 15. By the end of Easter Piotr had reestablished himself as head of household.

I didn't try to date because of the living situation, but struck up a lot of conversations. As I say, was glad to get away.

I came back a couple weeks ago to get a treatment for my knee called orthokine. In Poland, and some other countries like Croatia, where I got it before, it costs about 15 percent of what it does in Germany where it was developed (Kobe Bryant and various prominent jocks have gone to Germany). But I saw some moronic surgeon who wouldn't sell me anything but surgery (I'm far less impressed with Polish males), so I left Poland after nine days in that hotel, thinking to check out Asia for a while.

On the first leg of the flight, to Moscow, I sat next to a young Polish girl who was really cute and simply an ANGEL -- no other word will do. She seemed interested -- asking me if I was married, if I liked traveling alone, refused to let the conversation die. But since she was about 18, I didn't try to exchange contact information.

Anyway, I got to thinking after this intoxicating encounter that every single female I had chatted with in Poland was just as sweet as she could be. I guess we're talking maybe 15-20 conversations, enough to get me started thinking that this could be a real phenomenon, and Poland might be the place, if you're looking for a good woman.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:13 pm

gsjackson wrote:Anyway, I got to thinking after this intoxicating encounter that every single female I had chatted with in Poland was just as sweet as she could be. I guess we're talking maybe 15-20 conversations, enough to get me started thinking that this could be a real phenomenon, and Poland might be the place, if you're looking for a good woman.

As far as European girls I do find them to be the sweetest so far, I have talked to other slavic ppl and didn't really connect. It must be the catholic upbringing that keeps them good people.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 pm

gsjackson wrote:The day I arrived the husband was out of town. The wife seemed to like me, and was running hubby down in conversation quite a bit. He comes back, a little insecure ogre of a man, picks up on a vibe where the wife, the kids, the dog and cat are all making a fuss over me, and starts yelling his head off all the time at the family and animals to assert his dominion. Very uncomfortable -- I'd never lived under the same roof with a yeller before -- and laid low. Was very glad when it came time to leave.

Interestingly -- and this is very noteworthy about Polish culture, I think -- his trump card in reestablishing his dominion over the household was religion. They were extremely devout Catholics, as many Poles are, and the Polish Easter is something else again. All stores, and most restaurants were closed from 4 p.m. on Good Friday until Tuesday morning. I went with the family to five hours of church services, they went to a total of 15. By the end of Easter Piotr had reestablished himself as head of household.

I didn't try to date because of the living situation, but struck up a lot of conversations. As I say, was glad to get away.

I guess this is what the Roosh crowd means about living "logistics" :)
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby gsjackson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:54 pm

eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Anyway, I got to thinking after this intoxicating encounter that every single female I had chatted with in Poland was just as sweet as she could be. I guess we're talking maybe 15-20 conversations, enough to get me started thinking that this could be a real phenomenon, and Poland might be the place, if you're looking for a good woman.

As far as European girls I do find them to be the sweetest so far, I have talked to other slavic ppl and didn't really connect. It must be the catholic upbringing that keeps them good people.

Could be, though I had a Serbian woman tell me that Croats are evil, in part because of their Catholicism. But then, the Orthodox have a long-standing grievance against the Vatican -- for trying to absorb them rather forcefully, or some such. And of course, Serbs and Croats have a history, some of it quite recent.

Your surmise was certainly the thesis of the wife in the Polish house I stayed in, who was so far out of her husband's league it wasn't funny. She said that Polish women make good wives because they adapt to their husbands, and because they kept their religion through communism, while Czechs and other slavs lost theirs.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:03 pm

gsjackson wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

Could be, though I had a Serbian woman tell me that Croats are evil, in part because of their Catholicism. But then, the Orthodox have a long-standing grievance against the Vatican -- for trying to absorb them rather forcefully, or some such. And of course, Serbs and Croats have a history, some of it quite recent.

Your surmise was certainly the thesis of the wife in the Polish house I stayed in, who was so far out of her husband's league it wasn't funny. She said that Polish women make good wives because they adapt to their husbands, and because they kept their religion through communism, while Czechs and other slavs lost theirs.

Under that theory, Polish will loose it too eventually. You should have done a recording with her if she was willing to talk with you.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby gsjackson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:34 pm

No, the theory implies that religion flourishes along with western values, and only the hardiest of beliefs make it through an era of godless communism. But, virtually everyone in Poland notes that it is becoming more secularized.

Nonetheless, if you want to see some serious Catholicism, check out a Polish Easter.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 pm

gsjackson wrote:No, the theory implies that religion flourishes along with western values, and only the hardiest of beliefs make it through an era of godless communism. But, virtually everyone in Poland notes that it is becoming more secularized.

Nonetheless, if you want to see some serious Catholicism, check out a Polish Easter.

I heard in Spain they take it pretty seriously too. Italians just use it as an excuse to eat a lot. Germany takes their Christmas very, very seriously.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby WindowLicker » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:09 pm

eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:No, the theory implies that religion flourishes along with western values, and only the hardiest of beliefs make it through an era of godless communism. But, virtually everyone in Poland notes that it is becoming more secularized.

I heard in Spain they take it pretty seriously too. Italians just use it as an excuse to eat a lot. Germany takes their Christmas very, very seriously.

I've spent time in Spain; and from what I saw, they are an increasingly divided society, too. The ones whom you'll see parading around in the old village streets with those Virgin Mary parade floats are quite authentic and serious about their religious beliefs. Meanwhile, the younger generation are almost totally radical secular progs, minus a minority of card-carrying fascist activists. It's a particularly volatile scene over there, a real tinderbox- and their unemployment crisis isn't helping.
WindowLicker
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:25 pm

WindowLicker wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

I've spent time in Spain; and from what I saw, they are an increasingly divided society, too. The ones whom you'll see parading around in the old village streets with those Virgin Mary parade floats are quite authentic and serious about their religious beliefs. Meanwhile, the younger generation are almost totally radical secular progs, minus a minority of card-carrying fascist activists. It's a particularly volatile scene over there, a real tinderbox- and their unemployment crisis isn't helping.

This is everywhere in the US and Europe even EE and probably in parts of Asia as well from what I read.

Enjoy the decline.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions