Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What do you all think of Rooshv? (Daryush Valizadeh)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What do you think of Rooshv and his forum?

His forum is good and he produces interesting material.
8
44%
He's a loudmouthed PUA windbag
8
44%
I don't like Roosh and I think the manosphere is retarded.
2
11%
 
Total votes : 18

What do you all think of Rooshv? (Daryush Valizadeh)

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:12 am

I think he's become one of the "celebrities" of the manosphere and he's usually the priority target for internet feminists and SJW. I've been browsing Roosh forum for awhile now and noticed we have quite a few "defectors" posting there now. Travelerkai being one notable guy on there that used to post here. I think the forum is a bit too white guy orientated for my tastes and a lot of dudes on there are obviously very full of themselves. A lot of the threads on there are male pissing contests.

However, I must say Roosh does have interesting travel info on his forum. A lot of it can be independently corraborated so I don't believe he's as much of a fraud as some of you like to say he is.

I'm not going to swing off the guy's nuts like a lot of PUA, red pill, manosphere, etc.. guys do but I don't think he's that bad at all.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm







Postby Cornfed » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 am

I think Doosh is a cynical bullshit artist trying to make money and it is a shame he has attached himself to a noble cause like this. It goes to show that your really can't serve God and Mammon at the same time.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:25 am

Cornfed wrote:I think Doosh is a cynical bullshit artist trying to make money and it is a shame he has attached himself to a noble cause like this. It goes to show that your really can't serve God and Mammon at the same time.


Alright, but why do you think that? Simply calling him a douche without elucidating your point is meaningless.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby drealm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:33 am

This is what a PUA is:

Image

This is what a PUA should be:

Image
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Postby Cornfed » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:44 am

Repatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:I think Doosh is a cynical bullshit artist trying to make money and it is a shame he has attached himself to a noble cause like this. It goes to show that your really can't serve God and Mammon at the same time.


Alright, but why do you think that? Simply calling him a douche without elucidating your point is meaningless.

Well, the idea of most PUAism is nonsense for starters, but unlike other PUA gurus, Doosh doesn't even claim to be able to score AW very easily and so has to go and whoremonger overseas. Why would you even listen to someone like that on the subject? PUAism is a crime against society, since it advocates the further dirtbagization of men and slutification of females, and Doosh is worse, since he advocates exporting slutification to other societies. He is contradictory. He rightfully criticizes AW for being worthless sluts, and then he criticizes them for not wanting to have sex with a scrawny wog like him on the first date. WTF? It is clearly just marketing banter designed to cater to slightly differing markets that might buy his crap. Since his pitches are obviously cynical marketing ploys, they are intellectually easy to shoot holes in, and that is why anyone not towing the party line must immediately be banned from his forum. Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to someone making a living, including by scamming morons. I just wish he could find a way to do it that did not taint a noble enterprise and damage society.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby zboy1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Our forum has lost many good posters to RooshV's forum due to all the trolls, racists, and spammers on HA like: Cornfed, PaloAlto, Anatol, OilTradingAcademy, chileanueva, BoycottAmericanWomen, and many, many more. Sigh. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby zboy1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:48 pm

I may not agree with RooshV's personal lifestyle choices or his PUA tactics, but his forum is a treasure-trove of information, and his forum is run much better than Happier Abroads', because he doesn't allow all the nonsense to go on that forum (RooshV), that goes on in this forum (HA) sometimes. ...

I support as many different voices of the manosphere, MGTOW and the MRA movement, as possible.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:00 pm

zboy1 wrote:I may not agree with RooshV's personal lifestyle choices or his PUA tactics, but his forum is a treasure-trove of information, and his forum is run much better than Happier Abroads', because he doesn't allow all the nonsense to go on that forum (RooshV), that goes on in this forum (HA) sometimes. ...

I support as many different voices of the manosphere, MGTOW and the MRA movement, as possible.



I have to agree he runs a pretty solid forum it seems. H.A. is like the retarded cousin. :lol: However, I think H.A. theoretically has good potential for cross over appeal whereas Rooshv forum which will be stuck in the manosphere forever.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Ghost » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Doosh has one skill, which is the skill of the sociopath: the skill to sell bullshit to morons with an unwavering confidence. He can sell a contradiction and some guys will buy that bullshit. He takes game to other societies to slut up local women while decrying the sluttiness of AWs. But his followers are blind.

He is also not nearly as successful as he claims to be. He did some traveling (likely on inherited or parental money) banged a few hookers and lowly sluts and then built up lies around it so he could write ebooks and articles about his imaginary adventures. And here's a clue: he bans dissenting views from his forum. That's a tactic of a dishonest man.

I agree with Cornfed, though, that it isn't bad to scam idiots out of money. But he needs to stop contradicting himself and trying to export game/feminism to other countries. Although he is likely having little, if any effect. Unless he's going to rural areas and undiscovered places, he has no power to corrupt since capital cities and large cities are already not great for finding good women.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby MrPeabody » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Repatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I may not agree with RooshV's personal lifestyle choices or his PUA tactics, but his forum is a treasure-trove of information, and his forum is run much better than Happier Abroads', because he doesn't allow all the nonsense to go on that forum (RooshV), that goes on in this forum (HA) sometimes. ...

I support as many different voices of the manosphere, MGTOW and the MRA movement, as possible.



I have to agree he runs a pretty solid forum it seems. H.A. is like the retarded cousin. :lol: However, I think H.A. theoretically has good potential for cross over appeal whereas Rooshv forum which will be stuck in the manosphere forever.


That's a good analogy. H.A. accepts the special needs crowd with open arms after they get kicked off of Rooshv for trolling. :lol:
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby Cornfed » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:26 pm

zboy1 wrote:I may not agree with RooshV's personal lifestyle choices or his PUA tactics, but his forum is a treasure-trove of information, and his forum is run much better than Happier Abroads', because he doesn't allow all the nonsense to go on that forum (RooshV), that goes on in this forum (HA) sometimes. ...

I support as many different voices of the manosphere, MGTOW and the MRA movement, as possible.

You seem to not even see the contradiction in your outlook. It seems you support as many voices as possible, provided of course they don't disagree with your own version of political correctness in even the smallest respect, because if they do they must be banished immediately.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby WorldTraveler » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Roosh's Forum was stronger a few years ago with more good travel information. It used to be about 50% travel and 50% game. Now I'd say it is only 30% travel. I'd say the number of travelers is down at HA too. Looks like with the bad economy less people are traveling.

The truth is that Roosh has a niche market: travel banging. Nobody else is writing any stories about traveling and girls.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Postby sea_dragon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:24 pm

The manosphere is full of bullshit just like feminism. And RooshV is just a professional bullshit artist whose followers are shitting up the rest of the world.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 5:17 am

Postby The » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:25 pm

At least with RooshV, he travels and hes out on the field witnessing the latest trends and writing about it...Hell he even wrote on the latest dating trends in Washington DC...What is Winston doing :?: :?:
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Postby johnnyderp » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 pm

I said this on another Roosh thread, but his blatant contradictions are tarnishing some very useful information (at times) on his forum. For this reason, I find it difficult to say if he's good or bad.

He was recently in Russia, documenting his travels in a very informative thread. But that infuriating, underlying contradiction came out again: he was complaining about Russian women being unwilling to have sex within the first few dates. So here he is complaining about behaviour he quite correctly urges Western women to engage in. What a hypocrite.

I'd be over-the-moon to meet sweet, feminine women like this in my country.
johnnyderp
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests