Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Link found between tattoos and deviant behavior

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Link found between tattoos and deviant behavior

Postby Winston » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 am

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Will N. Dowd » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:59 am

I think that pro sports leagues where you see a lot of athletes skin should have a ban on tattoos. Funny how they make the athletes that are not playing wear suits and ties, but those that are look like gang members in sports uniforms. The NBA is notorious for players arms and chests covered in tattoos, but the NFL and CFL are pretty bad too, even though you only see bare arms during warm months. Not sure about soccer, rugby, or other more international sports. It sets a bad example for kids when their idols are covered in ugly body art. It would probably eliminate most current players, but would be a good start to cleaning up western society. If kids knew they can't play with tattoos it would make them think hard about getting them.
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:30 pm

And that's why the Bible says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am Yahweh.
Leviticus 19:28
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:22 am

fschmidt wrote:And that's why the Bible says:

You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am Yahweh.
Leviticus 19:28

But some people say that that verse refers to pagan rituals only. Is that true? Did you look at the context of that verse?

Also, there are a lot of crazy laws in Leviticus that no one follows today. Couldn't that be used as justification for dismissing the verse against tattoos?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby fschmidt » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:42 am

Winston wrote:
fschmidt wrote:Leviticus 19:28

But some people say that that verse refers to pagan rituals only. Is that true? Did you look at the context of that verse?

Also, there are a lot of crazy laws in Leviticus that no one follows today. Couldn't that be used as justification for dismissing the verse against tattoos?

That verse is refering to pagan rituals, but the logic is the same, namely that the pagans around Israel at that time were immoral so Israelites were not supposed to copy pagan rituals. All of the Torah laws made sense at the time they were written. What one should do is to understand why these laws were made at that time and then apply the reasoning to our time. If the reasoning for the law still applies, as it does with tattoos, then the law still makes sense.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions