Tests to Find a Woman Who Won't Divorce

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Here is another test. Yet another true story.

I heard about a man who was married and his wife said she had some horrible disease that would leave her later on in life in a wheelchair, maybe a vegetable. I don't remember what it was. Maybe something like Parkinsons, but it would affect her when she was young.

She told him she wanted a divorce and moved back to his parents. He basically gave her the community property because he knew he could rebuild his life.

Years later, the man remarried an Asian woman he met online.

That's the test. Tell the story. If she doesn't comment, tell the story and ask what she thinks. If that doesn't work, as if she thinks the man made a good decision.

If it were me, I wouldn't marry a woman who thought he made the right choice. I'd say he should have insisted on staying with her 'in sickness' as he did in health and not remarried. That would be the answer I would be looking for from a potential wife.

I don't mind the idea of a wife who gets married after considering a lot of practical issues (earning a living, etc.) But a wife needs to stick with her husband if things get difficult, and vice versa.

I like this example because the wife is trying to be noble by leaving, and you can test that issue of empathy against ethical issues related to marriage.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

but if she divorces him how could he stop her?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:The biggest risk factor for divorce is any woman that grows up in a middle class or wealthy family. Basically, all the women in the Northern Hemisphere. These women have a divorce rate that's 5 times higher than poor women from third world countries. Also, avoid women from any country that has a low birth rate.

A good example of this is Kris Aquino(Philippines Oprah), Philippines President's sister, divorced twice in a country where divorce is illegal.

Kris Aquino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQuSum8FBYY
all these guys on this forum keep saying go for educated and middle class women. personally i click the best with the extroverted girls who aren't that educated. They can have the saucy attitude girls.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:but if she divorces him how could he stop her?
Chances are you can talk her out of it? If she says she is "doing it for your sake", tell her not to bother, that you love her, would be miserable without her in your life and could not find happiness with another woman. She'll stay. If she insists on the divorce, maybe she doesn't do it for your sake but has other reasons. Maybe she did indeed not love you anymore.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:The biggest risk factor for divorce is any woman that grows up in a middle class or wealthy family. Basically, all the women in the Northern Hemisphere. These women have a divorce rate that's 5 times higher than poor women from third world countries. Also, avoid women from any country that has a low birth rate.

A good example of this is Kris Aquino(Philippines Oprah), Philippines President's sister, divorced twice in a country where divorce is illegal.

Kris Aquino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQuSum8FBYY
all these guys on this forum keep saying go for educated and middle class women. personally i click the best with the extroverted girls who aren't that educated. They can have the saucy attitude girls.
I find that middle class and educated girls CAN be very arrogant and look down on "lower class" people, assuming all of them are stupid simply because their families are poor. The richer families produce a lot of arrogant people like that. I came to despise their attitude during my stays in the Philippines. Many a girl from Manila will assume a relative from the province with a lower income "must be some sort of rice farmer". It's absolutely disgusting. One of my wife's relatives was made to eat in the servant's kitchen rather then the regular dining table simply because the woman they dined at was from a middle class Manila family with relatives abroad and assumed (incorrectly) her guest was uneducated and stupid. Said guest happened to be a high school principle and well-educated, but came from a rural area and had no direct family abroad making her, in the eyes of the Manila bitch, of a lower status and worth.

A lot of people operate like that and it's awful.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:but if she divorces him how could he stop her?
Chances are you can talk her out of it? If she says she is "doing it for your sake", tell her not to bother, that you love her, would be miserable without her in your life and could not find happiness with another woman. She'll stay. If she insists on the divorce, maybe she doesn't do it for your sake but has other reasons. Maybe she did indeed not love you anymore.
One response to that is anger. "How dare you not consider me family?" And telling her you take the 'in sickness and in health' thing seriously. What kind of person do you think I am? Then tell her she'd better not say another word about divorce.

In the US, a woman can just up and legally divorce you. But I think a woman like that could be talked out of it rather easily.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 27th, 2020, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

SilverEnergy wrote:There's a strong conservative/Puritan mindset towards sex on HA.

It's ok for a woman to have pre-marital sex, good grief.
Why settle for a car with high mileage, rust and worn out parts when you can afford to get a shiny new car that no man has had a chance to break in yet? :lol:
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:Here is another test. Yet another true story.

I heard about a man who was married and his wife said she had some horrible disease that would leave her later on in life in a wheelchair, maybe a vegetable. I don't remember what it was. Maybe something like Parkinsons, but it would affect her when she was young.

She told him she wanted a divorce and moved back to his parents. He basically gave her the community property because he knew he could rebuild his life.

Years later, the man remarried an Asian woman he met online.

That's the test. Tell the story. If she doesn't comment, tell the story and ask what she thinks. If that doesn't work, as if she thinks the man made a good decision.

If it were me, I wouldn't marry a woman who thought he made the right choice. I'd say he should have insisted on staying with her 'in sickness' as he did in health and not remarried. That would be the answer I would be looking for from a potential wife.

I don't mind the idea of a wife who gets married after considering a lot of practical issues (earning a living, etc.) But a wife needs to stick with her husband if things get difficult, and vice versa.

I like this example because the wife is trying to be noble by leaving, and you can test that issue of empathy against ethical issues related to marriage.
Just because a female thinks that he should stay married to her does not necessarily mean she thinks she should stay married to him if the roles were reversed.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Tests to Find a Woman Who Won't Divorce

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Marriage is no longer a serious institution. No man should take it seriously....certainly the women only take it seriously because of the money they can make.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!