An Italian explains why not to go live in Italy

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Jester wrote:I knew it.

I knew it.

Two piselli in a baccello.
Make it two baccelli located in two different farms separated by at least the full stretch of an ocean :)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I wear the pants in this relationship and thats why I decided to apologize first. I was a tad abusive in the relationship, but so was he at times. Two wrongs don't make a right. We both had insightful things to say and we both flung a few turds.

That being said I'm hoping we can move on and still be friends because we do have alot in common and we do tend to agree on the same things most the time.
If you did wear any pants "in this relationship" you would have soiled them multiple times. You are clearly in bad faith and your "apologies" were as fake as the entire, fragile, miserable narrative you've based the last couple of years of your life on.

It took you a few lines of (unsolicited) Facebook chat to show your true colours. I am not pasting them here out of pity. You are truly the most obnoxious, immature person I have ever met in my life, offline and online. And you dare wonder why I never wanted to meet you. Nor any Italian with a sane mind, for that matter.

I understand most people here see this as some sort of pissing contest, and perhaps (as mentioned) that's the way as you see it: a game, a show, a "production" where you can bother people with a normal life to no end to add drama to a life otherwise devoid of meaning. Well, it's not working, so take your circus and set camp somewhere else, as far as you can from my online presence. Capisc?
Could be wrong, but I think it was an attempt at light-hearted banter. Just trash-talking between bros, you know -- the principal sign of bro affection in the U.S.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:
publicduende wrote:I understand most people here see this as some sort of pissing contest, and perhaps (as mentioned) that's the way as you see it: a game, a show, a "production" where you can bother people with a normal life to no end to add drama to a life otherwise devoid of meaning. Well, it's not working, so take your circus and set camp somewhere else, as far as you can from my online presence. Capisc?
Could be wrong, but I think it was an attempt at light-hearted banter. Just trash-talking between bros, you know -- the principal sign of bro affection in the U.S.
They have the bro affection in Italy. I'm not sure why he's mad now, because my apology was sincere that's why I stopped fighting. Public Dude'nde must have had a bad day and is now taking it out on me.

Listen Dude'nde I had a bad weekend and a bad week so far, dad getting divorced and I have a massive ear infection the thing is behind my ear looks like it's a gigantic zit about to blow and if it does I might die. The pressure in my head in unbearable. I'm on antibiotics 600mg but not seeing any results.

I have publicly apologized and I'm truly sorry.

You're right that I was out of line at times but you have to understand the kind of anger mental state I was in after a 6 year dream got light on fire and a few canisters of petrol added to it and all thats left is ash. Seriously, I'm human too and allowed to have my bad emotions at times. It was tarumatizing enough to make me go insane.

If you want to carry on with a hate-crusade to get my head and put it on the end of a stick, then fine. Maybe it belongs there. I'm not sure what more you want from me but I am done with the animosity and fighting.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:They have the bro affection in Italy. I'm not sure why he's mad now, because my apology was sincere that's why I stopped fighting. Public Dude'nde must have had a bad day and is now taking it out on me.

Listen Dude'nde I had a bad weekend and a bad week so far, dad getting divorced and I have a massive ear infection the thing is behind my ear looks like it's a gigantic zit about to blow and if it does I might die. The pressure in my head in unbearable. I'm on antibiotics 600mg but not seeing any results.

You're right that I was out of line at times but you have to understand the kind of anger mental state I was in after a 6 year dream got light on fire and a few canisters of petrol added to it and all thats left is ash. Seriously, I'm human too and allowed to have my bad emotions at times. It was tarumatizing enough to make me go insane.

If you want to carry on with a hate-crusade to get my head and put it on the end of a stick, then fine. Maybe it belongs there. I'm not sure what more you want from me but I am done with the animosity and fighting.
Going from insane aggressive to apologetic, to piss-taking (on a private chat) to apologetic again. If this ain't a tell-tale sign of a schizoid personality that needs a serious fix, then you tell me what it is. There is no point even discussing with you until your mental state stabilises enough to give you a consistent stance for at least 3 consecutive days.

Try this for your ear infection.

http://www.docmorris.de/otalgan-ohrentr ... duktdetail
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:They have the bro affection in Italy. I'm not sure why he's mad now, because my apology was sincere that's why I stopped fighting. Public Dude'nde must have had a bad day and is now taking it out on me.

Going from insane aggressive to apologetic, to piss-taking (on a private chat) to apologetic again. If this ain't a tell-tale sign of a schizoid personality that needs a serious fix, then you tell me what it is. There is no point even discussing with you until your mental state stabilises enough to give you a consistent stance for at least 3 consecutive days.

Try this for your ear infection.

http://www.docmorris.de/otalgan-ohrentr ... duktdetail
Dude, it's just bro love. You take things like I'm against you and out to ruin you I'm just teasing. I have my own problems and you know this.

Thanks for the link but I'm afraid to touch this thing. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics. Plus I'm not quit sure those €3 drops could kill off this monster...

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:Dude, it's just bro love. You take things like I'm against you and out to ruin you I'm just teasing. I have my own problems and you know this.

Thanks for the link but I'm afraid to touch this thing. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics. Plus I'm not quit sure those €3 drops could kill off this monster...
Ouch, that looks like a late stage inflammation. If you don't have sky high (39C at least) temperature, then it's not an infection, it's a late stage inflammation. Otalgan is an age old remedy here in Europe. It saved me from countless sleepless nights when I was a child and had years of ear inflammations (following one year too many learning to swim at the public pool).

You can't be teasing, you're not a child. Most people have their own stressful life and problems and don't want to be pissed off just so they can provide you with the kind of lighthearted entertainment you like.

In Germany pharmacies have experienced pharmacists, or even junior doctors. If you pop to one of them tomorrow morning, they will give you the most appropriate (non-prescription, and sometimes prescription) stuff for your condition. Antibiotics are good but stuff like Otalgan is good to soothe the pain and let you sleep normally.
Last edited by publicduende on September 30th, 2014, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Italy is a great place for any Anglo woman ( particularly with a EU passport) to come and find a guy. For guys, it's good for a two week tour of arts, etc. Nothing else.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

ladislav wrote:Italy is a great place for any Anglo woman ( particularly with a EU passport) to come and find a guy. For guys, it's good for a two week tour of arts, etc. Nothing else.
That is also the stuff of much romantic literature. Said Anglo woman will have to be particularly young and hot for the (equally young and hot) Italian stud to see anything beyond a couple of weeks worth of exotic shags and foreign language moaning.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Dude, it's just bro love. You take things like I'm against you and out to ruin you I'm just teasing. I have my own problems and you know this.

Ouch, that looks like a late stage inflammation. If you don't have sky high (39C at least) temperature, then it's not an infection, it's a late stage inflammation. Otalgan is an age old remedy here in Europe. It saved me from countless sleepless nights when I was a child and had years of ear inflammations (following one year too many learning to swim at the public pool).

You can't be teasing, you're not a child. Most people have their own stressful life and problems and don't want to be pissed off just so they can provide you with the kind of lighthearted entertainment you like.

In Germany pharmacies have experienced pharmacists, or even junior doctors. If you pop to one of them tomorrow morning, they will give you the most appropriate (non-prescription, and sometimes prescription) stuff for your condition. Antibiotics are good but stuff like Otalgan is good to soothe the pain and let you sleep normally.
I already went to an German ear, nose, and throat doctor. He prescribed some stuff yesterday and I'm taking it. I don't have a fever, just lots of pressure and pain.

I'm on 600mg Doxycycline 3 times a day, hasn't done much so far but only 6 pills in. Antibiotics are hardcore, metallic taste in my mouth and slightly out of it, raised heartbeat and blood pressure.

If I die I just want you to know I'm sorry, I might be a jokester and a kid who never grew up but I don't mean any permanent harm.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:If I die I just want you to know I'm sorry, I might be a jokester and a kid who never grew up but I don't mean any permanent harm.
Melodrama was one of the missing ones :)

Get better soon and shut up...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:If I die I just want you to know I'm sorry, I might be a jokester and a kid who never grew up but I don't mean any permanent harm.
Melodrama was one of the missing ones :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Anyone know anything about SOUTHERN Italy? Particularly curious how the women are. To give a baseline, are the like latinas (dark hair, dark eyes, curves- passionate, engaging, family-conscious)?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Public Duende wrote:Melodrama was one of the missing ones Smile

I'm still alive... :lol:
Wolfeye wrote:Anyone know anything about SOUTHERN Italy? Particularly curious how the women are. To give a baseline, are the like latinas (dark hair, dark eyes, curves- passionate, engaging, family-conscious)?
We already discussed this, sud Italia is not a place to monger. It would take many years (2-3 years) to get established there and find someone and a lot of effort and then maybe you could find a girlfriend there.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Franco
Freshman Poster

Post by Franco »

My gf Bella is half Italian and her family is from Milan. Her father is a scary Godfather-like dude who is always busting my balls. But he's a good man looking out for his daughter. She said that most young Italians are broke so they everyone lives at home. There's no jobs at all and the political power structure always rewards the old money. Innovation is stifled by the few oligarch families that control the Italian industries. It's tough economic prospects in Italy along with the fact it's super expensive living costs doesn't make it a budget-friendly place.

But she knows where to find the best gelato ice cream!
Life is beautiful.