An Italian explains why not to go live in Italy

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by publicduende »

Franco wrote:My gf Bella is half Italian and her family is from Milan. Her father is a scary Godfather-like dude who is always busting my balls. But he's a good man looking out for his daughter. She said that most young Italians are broke so they everyone lives at home. There's no jobs at all and the political power structure always rewards the old money. Innovation is stifled by the few oligarch families that control the Italian industries. It's tough economic prospects in Italy along with the fact it's super expensive living costs doesn't make it a budget-friendly place.

But she knows where to find the best gelato ice cream!
Hmm...you're posting banalities about Italy, stuff that anybody could pick up online and rewrite.

Red flags starting to pop up, tito. I am curious how you would be able to fly in and out of Milan if you're not married yet. In my 3.5 years in Milan I didn't meet a single Filipino family who was able to enter Italy for the first time with a regular Visa, even when sponsored by one or more Italian. All of them illegal through the Alps, countless painful years working hard and waiting for an amnesty, a blanket regularisation.

And you didn't even bother replying back to my reply to your PM, not even to say "thanks"? You afraid of something? :)

Red flags starting to pop up, tito.
Franco
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Franco »

publicduende wrote:
Franco wrote:My gf Bella is half Italian and her family is from Milan. Her father is a scary Godfather-like dude who is always busting my balls. But he's a good man looking out for his daughter. She said that most young Italians are broke so they everyone lives at home. There's no jobs at all and the political power structure always rewards the old money. Innovation is stifled by the few oligarch families that control the Italian industries. It's tough economic prospects in Italy along with the fact it's super expensive living costs doesn't make it a budget-friendly place.

But she knows where to find the best gelato ice cream!
Hmm...you're posting banalities about Italy, stuff that anybody could pick up online and rewrite.

Red flags starting to pop up, tito. I am curious how you would be able to fly in and out of Milan if you're not married yet. In my 3.5 years in Milan I didn't meet a single Filipino family who was able to enter Italy for the first time with a regular Visa, even when sponsored by one or more Italian. All of them illegal through the Alps, countless painful years working hard and waiting for an amnesty, a blanket regularisation.

And you didn't even bother replying back to my reply to your PM, not even to say "thanks"? You afraid of something? :)

Red flags starting to pop up, tito.
My apologies for not giving you enough attention ading garden gnome. So demanding these gnomes.

Well in my younger years I grew up between California and Florida - I got dual U.S./Filipino citizenship. My song Castaway inspired the homesick emotions I felt during my stay in the States. My friends always wanted to snowboard in the mountains. I recently took up surfing 3 years ago. The things about Italy is true that it's tough to get a visa - unless if you're rich and got connections in political office. Italy has no jobs for its young people. All of the spoiled Italian brats stay with relatives, don't work, and go out to clubs acting snobbish. I love Cebu because the beach and mountain resorts are close by if you need places to relax.

I hope the gaps are filled and PM if you want some attention ading garden gnome. I'll be happy to ignore with love.
Life is beautiful.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Franco wrote:My apologies for not giving you enough attention ading garden gnome. So demanding these gnomes.

Well in my younger years I grew up between California and Florida - I got dual U.S./Filipino citizenship. My song Castaway inspired the homesick emotions I felt during my stay in the States. My friends always wanted to snowboard in the mountains. I recently took up surfing 3 years ago. The things about Italy is true that it's tough to get a visa - unless if you're rich and got connections in political office. Italy has no jobs for its young people. All of the spoiled Italian brats stay with relatives, don't work, and go out to clubs acting snobbish. I love Cebu because the beach and mountain resorts are close by if you need places to relax.

I hope the gaps are filled and PM if you want some attention ading garden gnome. I'll be happy to ignore with love.
Oh spare me the avatar mocking, it's old and tired...and isn't a garden gnome wiser than a jungle troll? :) You introduced yourself as the frontman of a fairly famous band back in the Philippines. I have listened to some of "your" music and it's not reggae as you mentioned, but prog rock.

What business would a famous Filipino musician have, spending some of his precious time posting on a niche, rather controversial forum, with his real identity none the less? You're Franco Reyes like I am Eros Ramazzotti. :)

You introduced yourself as Filipino, then when somebody asked if you were Fil-Am you said you were Visayan Filipino. Your "gf" Bella looks like a bunch of photos nicked from a dating/social network profile, with no recognisable detail about anything Milanese, or Italian, and you're already attaching frankly unlikely stories to her, including something about a "rape" episode that is quite hard to believe. I wanted to genuinely start a PM conversation on Italy and Italian girls are told you something about me, and you shied away from that conversation. Probably afraid of coming out.

You know, cases like yours, or PaloAltoGuy's just make me reflect on the absolute need to fulfil the famous Warholian prophecy of "15 minutes of Internet fame". You crave for attention, you know anonymous online forums are the perfect platform to get that, and you are perfectly happy to conjure up a compelling online persona and give him all the vitality, all the qualities, all the stories you would like to have IRL. Truth is bare, uneventful, boring, not-cool. Nothing to write about, and nothing to boast about.

Hell yeah, be whatever you want to be, smoke whatever you want to smoke. I think you found the right place to let your fantasies roam for a bit. Just, don't expect much sympathy from me.
Franco
Freshman Poster

Post by Franco »

publicduende wrote:
Franco wrote:My apologies for not giving you enough attention ading garden gnome. So demanding these gnomes.

Oh spare me the avatar mocking, it's old and tired...and isn't a garden gnome wiser than a jungle troll? :) You introduced yourself as the frontman of a fairly famous band back in the Philippines. I have listened to some of "your" music and it's not reggae as you mentioned, but prog rock.

What business would a famous Filipino musician have, spending some of his precious time posting on a niche, rather controversial forum, with his real identity none the less? You're Franco Reyes like I am Eros Ramazzotti. :)

You introduced yourself as Filipino, then when somebody asked if you were Fil-Am you said you were Visayan Filipino. Your "gf" Bella looks like a bunch of photos nicked from a dating/social network profile, with no recognisable detail about anything Milanese, or Italian, and you're already attaching frankly unlikely stories to her, including something about a "rape" episode that is quite hard to believe. I wanted to genuinely start a PM conversation on Italy and Italian girls are told you something about me, and you shied away from that conversation. Probably afraid of coming out.

You know, cases like yours, or PaloAltoGuy's just make me reflect on the absolute need to fulfil the famous Warholian prophecy of "15 minutes of Internet fame". You crave for attention, you know anonymous online forums are the perfect platform to get that, and you are perfectly happy to conjure up a compelling online persona and give him all the vitality, all the qualities, all the stories you would like to have IRL. Truth is bare, uneventful, boring, not-cool. Nothing to write about, and nothing to boast about.

Hell yeah, be whatever you want to be, smoke whatever you want to smoke. I think you found the right place to let your fantasies roam for a bit. Just, don't expect much sympathy from me.
I'm not sure why you're getting all worked up for. You're posing as a jungle troll garden gnome. I have no idea who you are. You're getting all mad because I didn't respond to your PM message. LOL. Dude, relax. Smoke a blunt or drink cappuccino somewhere with your expertise in "Milanese" affairs.

Yes, our band Franco music is reggae progressive alternative rock - most of our songs contain the worship of jah love and ganja. I never took you for a music snob - but to each their own. And I'm nothing like PaloAltoGuy - he's black.

The truth is I'm happy with my life. You should stop being bitter man. The garden gnomes are calling ading.
Life is beautiful.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Franco wrote:I'm not sure why you're getting all worked up for. You're posing as a jungle troll garden gnome. I have no idea who you are. You're getting all mad because I didn't respond to your PM message. LOL. Dude, relax. Smoke a blunt or drink cappuccino somewhere with your expertise in "Milanese" affairs.

Yes, our band Franco music is reggae progressive alternative rock - most of our songs contain the worship of jah love and ganja. I never took you for a music snob - but to each their own. And I'm nothing like PaloAltoGuy - he's black.

The truth is I'm happy with my life. You should stop being bitter man. The garden gnomes are calling ading.
Yeah, exactly. Roll yourself another spliff and keep projecting. Another day, another fantasy. You're in the right place, jungle troll.
Franco
Freshman Poster

Post by Franco »

publicduende wrote:
Franco wrote:I'm not sure why you're getting all worked up for. You're posing as a jungle troll garden gnome. I have no idea who you are. You're getting all mad because I didn't respond to your PM message. LOL. Dude, relax. Smoke a blunt or drink cappuccino somewhere with your expertise in "Milanese" affairs.

Yeah, exactly. Roll yourself another spliff and keep projecting. Another day, another fantasy. You're in the right place, jungle troll.
You're right man. I'm a big fraud. I love you too bro. Jah Love!
Life is beautiful.