Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

In Russia, a lack of men forces women to settle for less

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

In Russia, a lack of men forces women to settle for less

Postby steve55 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 am

This article is SPOT on as to the effects of man shortages has on women and society. Latin America and even the Philippines are affected in a similar way as this article describes. It also does a fantastic job of proving that the old myths that foreign women marry Western men primarily for green cards or money is 100% false. We learn from articles like this that these women just need a man, PERIOD! Lol.

Source - http://www.latitudenews.com/story/in-ru ... -for-less/

When Russia and China vote together on UN Resolutions (such as their recent veto of the UN Resolution on Syria), I always think to myself that in the two countries’ collective unconscious they realize that they are going to have to, literally, marry each other someday soon.
And here’s why. China has many more men than women. Russia has the opposite problem. Marriage of convenience anyone?
It’s easy to understand why China’s population has more men than women. Many years of the one-child-per-family law and an overwhelming preference for sons made abortion and infanticide of baby girls almost de rigueur.
It’s harder to grasp why Russia has more women than men. For a long time the reason was that World War II had wiped out the male population. Russia lost over 29,000,000 during that conflict, most of them men. These days, the reasons are less dramatic and probably have more to do with lifestyle choices than anything else.
Most Western men who spend any time in Russia quickly find out that they can have their pick of beautiful Russian girls. It’s assumed that this is because the Russians are aching to move away. But really it’s because men are such a rare commodity in Russia.
I recently did a radio interview the subject of which was “Are Russian men ugly?â€￾ and the point I made was that it doesn’t really matter if they are or not, because the pool of men is so limited that women will flock to them anyway.
This fact profoundly affects relationships in Russia. Men have a monopoly on power that they wield with impunity. From my own experience dating a Russian man, I found out for myself just how much.
That relationship gave me a lot of divergent “firstsâ€￾: first time a boyfriend painted my portrait vs. first time I was ever cheated on, first time I was ever serenaded vs. first time I was ever stood up, first time I was ever carried over an icy puddle vs. first time I was ever hit.
My experience is not rare. Russian women find that the scarcity of men affects relationships in all sorts of ways, both blatant and subtle.
Elena Krivovyaz, an editor in Moscow for the Daily Telegraph, says that Russian men have become more confident, and women more insecure. “When something or somebody is rare, then it’s of higher value,â€￾ she says. “This circumstance provides men in our society much freedom and power to dictate the rules, which are more convenient for them. I’ve noticed that being a man in our society is way more prestigious and even safe.â€￾
Simply put, women in Russia must tolerate whatever men can dish out. For instance, domestic violence is not only rampant there, but accepted.
According to the Duma’s Committee on Social Defense, two-thirds of all murders in 2009 were of women who died in domestic disputes. Frederica Behr of Amnesty International in Moscow has reported that there are three times as many Russian women murdered at home as in any other European country, and that one woman dies by unnatural causes per hour in Russia compared with one per week in the U.K.
Marina Pisklakova-Parker, the founder of Russia’s first hotline and crisis center for women, was quoted in Newsweek saying that “the number of Russian women killed will keep increasing, as there is no law that would punish domestic crime. Both the state and society treat this issue as something everybody is used to. It is commonplace that men beat women in Russia. And it is commonplace in Russia, too, that women forgive their men for the beatings.â€￾
Less dangerous, but equally demoralizing for women, is the rampant infidelity practiced by men in Russia. The Russian I was seeing was married at the time of our relationship. This fact seemed to neither surprise nor particularly bother any of the Russian parties involved. He recently told me that after our relationship ended, he picked up with someone else. “I am in another affair,â€￾ he wrote. “I am not an easy type.â€￾ You can almost hear the shrug.
In her book Lust in Translation: Which Country Has the Highest Rates of Infidelity?, Pamela Druckerman writes that “in Moscow, women in their forties told me that, by necessity, they only date married men. That’s because…the life expectancy for Russian men has fallen so sharply (to 59) that by age 65 there are just 46 men left for every 100 women.â€￾
Tessa thinks this is true for younger women as well. As she told me, “More women in Russia nowadays are okay with being in a serious relationship with a married guy.â€￾
Astonishingly, Druckerman goes on to remark that “it was clear that Russian men flaunted [their] demographic advantage. With the exception of a pastor (who was sitting with his wife at the time), I didn’t meet a single married man in Russia who admitted to being monogamous.â€￾
Compare that to the United States, where statistics on adultery are notoriously unreliable due to the fact that people won’t admit to being unfaithful. According to what I could ascertain, about 60% of men in the US will have an affair, but only 22% will reveal that to a researcher and only a small percentage of them will also reveal it to their wives.
During my time in Moscow, I discovered that this culture of infidelity has a crushing impact on women’s relationships with each other as well. Imagine if all your friends considered your spouse or partner fair game for a serious relationship: what would that do to your interactions with them? That’s why there is a distinctive lack of a “gal palâ€￾ culture in Russia.
Reminiscent of a bygone era, the press in Russia is forbidden by law to write about President Vladimir Putin’s own dalliances, but that doesn’t prevent them from being commonly known. It’s pretty much accepted in Russia that Putin, who has been married since 1983, has had a long-term affair with Alina Kabaeva, a former Olympic gymnast, and even that he is the father of her child, born in 2009. Besides being good fun to talk about, no one in Russia really cares. Yet a brief incident with Monica Lewinsky almost cost Bill Clinton his job.
Despite the risk of death and/or heartbreak, women in Russia still believe that finding a man is of paramount importance. Ms. Krivovyaz told me that many women will enroll in math or engineering schools in the hope that they will find men there “Women are dependent on men, she says. “[Men] become a target to gain various goals in society and are a clear indicator of your social status as a woman.â€￾
But the disproportionate amount of men in Russia is not all bad news. The men there are still very comfortable being men, in the old sense of the word. After all, there’s still my positive “firstsâ€￾ to consider, each one an example of a certain chivalry difficult to come by anywhere else.
I think Tessa summed it up best when she told me “Russian men are more manly, less whiny than American men.â€￾
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster

Re: In Russia, a lack of men forces women to settle for less

Postby Jester » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 am

.....Most Western men who spend any time in Russia quickly find out that they can have their pick of beautiful Russian girls. It’s assumed that this is because the Russians are aching to move away. But really it’s because men are such a rare commodity in Russia......

.....This fact profoundly affects relationships in Russia. Men have a monopoly on power that they wield with impunity. From my own experience dating a Russian man, I found out for myself just how much.
That relationship gave me a lot of divergent “firstsâ€￾: first time a boyfriend painted my portrait vs. first time I was ever cheated on, first time I was ever serenaded vs. first time I was ever stood up, first time I was ever carried over an icy puddle vs. first time I was ever hit......

.....Russian men have become more confident, and women more insecure. “When something or somebody is rare, then it’s of higher value,â€￾ she says. “This circumstance provides men in our society much freedom and power to dictate the rules, which are more convenient for them. I’ve noticed that being a man in our society is way more prestigious and even safe.â€￾
Simply put, women in Russia must tolerate whatever men can dish out. For instance, domestic violence is not only rampant there, but accepted....

.....there is no law that would punish domestic crime. Both the state and society treat this issue as something everybody is used to. It is commonplace that men beat women in Russia. And it is commonplace in Russia, too, that women forgive their men for the beatings......

.....rampant infidelity practiced by men in Russia. The Russian I was seeing was married at the time of our relationship. This fact seemed to neither surprise nor particularly bother any of the Russian parties involved. He recently told me that after our relationship ended, he picked up with someone else. “I am in another affair,â€￾ he wrote. “I am not an easy type.â€￾ You can almost hear the shrug......

.....Tessa thinks this is true for younger women as well. As she told me, “More women in Russia nowadays are okay with being in a serious relationship with a married guy.â€￾
Astonishingly, Druckerman goes on to remark that “it was clear that Russian men flaunted [their] demographic advantage. With the exception of a pastor (who was sitting with his wife at the time), I didn’t meet a single married man in Russia who admitted to being monogamous.â€￾.....

.....there is a distinctive lack of a “gal palâ€￾ culture in Russia.....

.....women in Russia still believe that finding a man is of paramount importance.....

But the disproportionate amount of men in Russia is not all bad news. The men there are still very comfortable being men, in the old sense of the word. After all, there’s still my positive “firstsâ€￾ to consider, each one an example of a certain chivalry difficult to come by anywhere else.
I think Tessa summed it up best when she told me “Russian men are more manly, less whiny than American men.â€￾

+10 to Russia
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:42 am

steve55 wrote:This article is SPOT on as to the effects of man shortages has on women and society. Latin America and even the Philippines are affected in a similar way as this article describes. It also does a fantastic job of proving that the old myths that foreign women marry Western men primarily for green cards or money is 100% false. We learn from articles like this that these women just need a man, PERIOD! Lol.

Great article! In the US, there are at least 6 million more single men than single women in the 18 to 49 age group. No wonder why women call the shots when it comes to dating and relationships in America, they have plenty of men asking them out and can afford to be picky about who they date and marry.

The opposite is true in Russia and Ukraine. I read another article recently that stated in Ukraine there are 3.5 million more single women than single men and in Russia there are 10 million more single women than single men.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:05 am

If things are so great for men in Russia, why do so many horror stories of evil women come from there? If they really need to compete for men that badly, I'd expect it to be a lot easier to find a good woman there. And I don't find a lot of stories like that. But so many nightmare stories.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:41 pm

steve55 wrote:

It’s harder to grasp why Russia has more women than men.

“More women in Russia nowadays are okay with being in a serious relationship with a married guy.â€￾

I think I know why Russia has fewer men and the women have to double up on married guys.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Ghost wrote:If things are so great for men in Russia, why do so many horror stories of evil women come from there? If they really need to compete for men that badly, I'd expect it to be a lot easier to find a good woman there. And I don't find a lot of stories like that. But so many nightmare stories.

Dude....everyone likes to think Russian/Ukrainian women are "easy to deal with"...the opposite is true. They are VERY difficult to deal with people in many ways. When I talk about my ukrainian fav#1 western women say rubbish like "she is just desperate" or "you just want a submissive woman" and a whole lot of other garbage.

The LAST thing Russian/Ukrainian women are is "submissive". They give out as good as they take. Every woman I have gotten remotely friendly with is quite happy to punch me and is quite happy to get punched back. There is quite a bit of pushing and shoving goes on. I quite like it. Indeed, my fav#1 used to go out of her way to push me to the point where I had to spank her...she loved it. It is all part of the way that relationships work with these women. They need to feel the dominance and power of their men. And they push them until they get it.

But the men have learned that Russian/Ukrainian women are just as treacherous as any snake in the grass from the days of no fault divorce from 1917 to 1936. Women betrayed their men just like in the west today...and the men told their children and grand children about this betrayal. So what you are seeing a LOT of in Russia/Ukraine is women trying to win men back to being good husbands and the men saying "Yeah, we know what you women mean by good husbands" and they just are not falling for that garbage any more.

When you get a WHOLE SOCIETY of men who know full well how treacherous women are? It is tough for the women to be believed on ANY point....and that is the crux of the problem...men do not believe the women AT ALL...ABOUT ANYTHING....and the women are powerless to change that.

So the men just go about their business while the women try very hard to nail them down. And lets not forget that Russian/Ukrainian women are just as delusional as western women.

One Russian woman I knew was 34. She was an accountant so not a bad job but by no means a great job. She married a German man. She was HOT...really...smoking....anyway...he was a simp and he wanted children. She said no...she wanted "my glorious career". They were married for 8 years before he decided to leave and start a family with an asian woman. Now...at 34..she was DESPERATELY looking for a man to land as a husband. I put the question to her if she would consider marriage without children and the answer was a firm no...she wanted children.

I was like "you were married to a man for 8 years who was desperate to have children and you said no.....now you are 34....divorced....no man on the horizon and you want children? That is going to be an uphill battle."

Nope...she was SURE that she would land some man and have children....she was actually a friend of my fav#1 and they were about the same age.....fav#1 was also SURE she would find some man 6 years ago...now she turned 40? She still dreams of some white knight in shining armour who is going to be somehow better than me....

So yeah....Russian/Ukrainian women are really lovely if you learn how to deal with them......but they are no walk overs....not by a long way...and they are as delusional as any western woman from the small sample size I have to work with.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Taco wrote:
steve55 wrote:

It’s harder to grasp why Russia has more women than men.

“More women in Russia nowadays are okay with being in a serious relationship with a married guy.â€￾

I think I know why Russia has fewer men and the women have to double up on married guys.

Wow Portugal drinks that much?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Taco » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:45 pm

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
Ghost wrote:If things are so great for men in Russia, why do so many horror stories of evil women come from there? If they really need to compete for men that badly, I'd expect it to be a lot easier to find a good woman there. And I don't find a lot of stories like that. But so many nightmare stories.

The LAST thing Russian/Ukrainian women are is "submissive".

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. I'm just glad she dumped me and married her boyfriend.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Taco » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 am

Ghost wrote: When a population of women is ruined, the damage may be permanent.

Once the population of a feminist country gets to zero the problem is solved.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:22 am

Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote: When a population of women is ruined, the damage may be permanent.

Once the population of a feminist country gets to zero the problem is solved.

Then if that trend holds, Russia's problem will be solved eventually.
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby chanta76 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Than how come most expats keep talking about the Philippines and only horror stories of Russian women?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:00 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:35 am

Actually -

Lots of American men are whinny and that won't work with Slavic women period. The reason why some (not all) Russian Woman/American Man relationships don't work because most American men have bought in our feminized culture.

Just look at how many around here complain about typical manly pursuits like sports, automobiles, building things with your hands, etc.

I would be attempted to call them "cerebral" but that isn't even it, they are just SOFT from a society that overprotect them. Life is hard in Eastern Europe, none of the countries are rich. They have rich people; some times they have good things like reliable public transportation, otherwise the adjustment out of communism to wild-west capitalism has not done anything but plunge the majority into near poverty...

Russian men are considered men because they beat their women, don't respect women (largely) and drink up a storm. The majority here can't handle their liquor worth a sh*t, a good chunk have never been laid at all and the rest won't even stand up their own mother if they had too....

As I said in another thread; if you're one of these skinny, soft types who love Minecraft and Anime, go get an Asian woman. Their societies are less harsh and confrontational, it will work much better for you.

If your a man that is a throw back to another time in America. Where you're not always calling the repair man or customer service for help, where you don't need the directions for every product you buy and you like typical male pursuits. Then you'll find Russian women will take an interest in you and as long as you respect them and DEMAND respect from them, you're relationships will be the envy of all your friends and family.

It is not uncommon for a Russian woman to out earn her husband, yet the MAN still makes all the important decisions in the house.

Like I said, if you can't handle being a man, don't bother.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Tsar » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:54 am

djfourmoney wrote:Then you'll find Russian women will take an interest in you and as long as you respect them and DEMAND respect from them

I would assume demand respect might sometimes mean some physical aggression to keep her in line if she starts overstepping her place or challenging the man's authority?
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions