Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby jamesbond » September 19th, 2014, 1:38 pm

The USA has tons of books, cd's and DVD's regarding how to have a "positive mental attitude" and "how to increase your self confidence."

Some of it is good and legitimate but a lot of it is recycled garbage. Having to fake a positive attitude all the time takes it toll on a person. Nobody can be in a positive mental state of mind 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby matthewcoury » September 25th, 2014, 11:09 pm

it is so funny because i told my mother once my studio is in full force in bosnia iam moving there...she was like "ok...thatll be interesting....why dont they move here" haha for one thing they dont want to move here....for another thing we would pay three times as much taxes operating within the US and possibly 5 times as much.....that means that instead of making a movie for 10 million we might only be able to make it for 5 million....we can make two movies for the price of one! and in reality we can make more like 5 movies over ther that are just a shigh quality for the amount it will take to make 1 over here.....it makes no sense......use the american market for what its worth and export from bosnia......that is the smartest route...and there are even plenty of great british and european actors we can use over there instead of americans like we do now.....and alll the old disney movies had british actors as their main characters and the majority of their cast
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » September 25th, 2014, 11:31 pm

eurobrat wrote:
I think confident = self-asserting/self-serving to Americans. They like the guy who's out to just grab whatever he wants.

Yes, this is how twenty-something AW use the term.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby matthewcoury » September 25th, 2014, 11:34 pm

it is crazy because i used to be involved in mlm and all the self-esteem bullcrap and consumed every book on the subject......and all it was was a toxic environment where i was ostrcized.......in the end it did nothing for me......i would meet and try to sell my product to numerous people everyday.....rejection after rejection.....to this day i hav still never had a serious american girlfriend or received love and affection from any american woman........it is all about the environment........i was shocked to find that in bosnia the women told me that there were never barfights and hardly any violence......it is where iam moving for good
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » September 25th, 2014, 11:34 pm

matthewcoury wrote:it is so funny because i told my mother once my studio is in full force in bosnia iam moving there...she was like "ok...thatll be interesting....why dont they move here" haha for one thing they dont want to move here....for another thing we would pay three times as much taxes operating within the US and possibly 5 times as much.....that means that instead of making a movie for 10 million we might only be able to make it for 5 million....we can make two movies for the price of one! and in reality we can make more like 5 movies over ther that are just a shigh quality for the amount it will take to make 1 over here.....it makes no sense......use the american market for what its worth and export from bosnia......that is the smartest route...and there are even plenty of great british and european actors we can use over there instead of americans like we do now.....and alll the old disney movies had british actors as their main characters and the majority of their cast

Very cool way to abroad. Sarajevo, Mostar, where?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of Ame

Postby Winston » November 8th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Check out what Rock's tenant Monkro, an Indian American in Taiwan, told me below about the BS self-esteem claim that American women like to use to falsely shame men. It's very eloquent, truthful and powerful.

Monkro wrote:"You've seen me with your own eyes fearlessly and confidently approach a few different girls in grocery stores. Do you know how I can do that? Because I have high self-esteem. But does my high self-esteem help me in America? No. My results are still zero.

In Taiwan, in six months this year, I did the same type of approaches. I've dated 29 different women and had sex with five of them.

High self-esteem helps a man succeed with women ABROAD, but it makes zero difference in America. This bullshit about men failing with women in America because of low self-esteem is just another one of American society's tactics to never blame American women. In the mentally ill mind of American society, it always has to be the fault of men."
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussions