Asperger Syndrome and Global Dating

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Asperger Syndrome and Global Dating

Post by skeptic »

I'm not sure how many of you have heard about such a phenomenon as Asperger Syndrome. Perhaps some of you have even been diagnosed with it. I haven't, but I do acknowledge having certain traits typical to people with AS. Among other things, AS impedes a person's (especially a man's) ability to form relationships. The gender ratio among those having AS is believed to be around four men per one woman. Additionally, a woman with AS is naturally better off with dating than a man with AS - because such traits as shyness and modesty are more admirable by men in women than vice versa.

This implies an obvious question. If so many [supposedly] normal guys on this forum are complaining about dating scene in America, then it logically has to be even more so for people with AS. The official line of this website is that the dating scene in other countries is friendlier to men than it is in America. But how can a man with AS be so sure that a foreign society will accept his weirdness more than the American society did? In a way, it is possible - as long as you're a foreigner to those women anyway. But then it's not the society's credit but your situation's (although, as Winston notices, how come American women are not as receptive to foreign men?). Anyway, I suspect that if I do try to hook up in Russia/Ukraine/Belarus, the result would be pretty much similar to that in America. After all, in spite of my US passport, I'm not really a foreigner to those women, and if I do have social deficiency, it would manifest itself in Russia as easily as it does in America.

So, what do you think? Is it worth for a guy who suspects having Asperger Syndrome (or has actually been diagnosed with it) to consider global dating (especially if he's an immigrant and considers trying his old country as a dating theater)?
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

It depends. In many places, just being an American, particularly a White American, gives you +5 in value, so you'd be able to stroll to your prize. However, if you are looking for a woman that is not a hypergamous super-slut, you might not be able to just rely on your race to get what you want. It's your call though, sport.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

You will know right away. If they like you, you WILL know. That's one of the big differences.
It's up to your AS to let you carry through.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

If I could say something, at least around Eastern European people I know here, I think the default "mode" of them is a bit closer to the Asperger type of personality. As I posted here, my Aspergers I think makes me get mistaken for being a foreigner here, specifically mistaken as Eastern Euro.

The on paper acknowledged social rules in Russia/Eastern Europe seem much more suitable for Aspergers type of temperament. For example, not needing to constantly smile at people, eye contact not being a gigantic deal/discouraged among strangers, nobody asking you "HOW ARE YOU DOING" with your obligatory reply being "GREAT!" Hell, I've read in Russia if you ask someone how they're doing they'll tell you for 5 minutes about how everything is terrible in great detail, which is one social passe I've gotten in "trouble" with people here about.

I mean, no place is perfect blah blah, but yeah.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 21st, 2020, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

onethousandknives wrote:If I could say something, at least around Eastern European people I know here, I think the default "mode" of them is a bit closer to the Asperger type of personality. As I posted here, my Aspergers I think makes me get mistaken for being a foreigner here, specifically mistaken as Eastern Euro.

The on paper acknowledged social rules in Russia/Eastern Europe seem much more suitable for Aspergers type of temperament. For example, not needing to constantly smile at people, eye contact not being a gigantic deal/discouraged among strangers, nobody asking you "HOW ARE YOU DOING" with your obligatory reply being "GREAT!" Hell, I've read in Russia if you ask someone how they're doing they'll tell you for 5 minutes about how everything is terrible in great detail, which is one social passe I've gotten in "trouble" with people here about.

where you at eastern europe?
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
onethousandknives wrote:If I could say something, at least around Eastern European people I know here, I think the default "mode" of them is a bit closer to the Asperger type of personality. As I posted here, my Aspergers I think makes me get mistaken for being a foreigner here, specifically mistaken as Eastern Euro.

where you at eastern europe?
I'm in USA, but this is just based on Eastern European people I've met here and stuff I've read. Could be totally wrong and an idiot.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Ah yes, asspurger syndrome, the syndrome where your personality naturally purges asses from your life which means no America women. So just go abroad where asininity isn't worshipped.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster

Post by FusionX20 »

They say it's a neurological condition on how the brain was developed. Other double blinded studies suggests it could be toxicity and heavy metals that were never flushed out, but no biochemical imbalance was ever found till this day. Believe it or not, there are medicines that have been able to treat mice with social impairment relating to autism.

I think generally speaking, foreign women are less judgmental and as long as you can articulate words and do whatever helps you be more social you'll still have a better chance. It may also help your confidence and relief some of the symptoms of aspergers, it's a very complex phenomenon and nobody yet knows everything about it.
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.