Huffington post article defeats the idea that international

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
steve55
Junior Poster

Huffington post article defeats the idea that international

Post by steve55 »

Huffington post article defeats the idea that international brides are just desperate to leave their country.
Article authored by By Julia Meszaros - visiting professor at UW Oshkosh

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julia-mes ... 70121.html
"These women are often educated, a large number speak English, and many of them are not desperate to leave their home countries. In fact, most of the women I met involved in the romancetours and websites reminded me of Paola on 90-Day Fiancé: confident
and educated. Paola certainly does not seem like a victim, and neither
did any of my interviewees."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I still cant tell the Steves apart on HA. Are you Steve Hoca, or Steve Neese?

Anyway, great find, thanks for posting.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Huffington post article defeats the idea that internatio

Post by jamesbond »

steve55 wrote:Huffington post article defeats the idea that international brides are just desperate to leave their country.
Article authored by By Julia Meszaros - visiting professor at UW Oshkosh

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julia-mes ... 70121.html
Here is a quote from the author of that article:

"We need to stop using the term 'mail order bride,' since it makes these women sound like purchased sexual slaves. No legitimate American introduction agency can actually sell you a wife. Period.

Relationships conducted online are increasingly the norm, and why not expand that internet search beyond American borders? We all need to recognize that the term mail order bride is incredibly offensive and stigmatizing for any couple involved in an international relationship, regardless of the way in which they met."

It's nice to see someone write something positive about international marriages for once. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."