Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Is it really true that black people don't tip?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Johnny1975 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:27 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:See. You guys are here complaining, and that still demonstrates that you guys an integral part of the American matrix. Don't you guys realize that when traveling outside of the U.S. of Gay that tipping is not expected and even sometimes it's frowned upon?? The only countries that expect "tipping" are stupid American males whom tip these strippers/w.hores they trick money on in "third-world" countries alas their newly-accrued level-of-entitlement.

I was in Australia in 2007 at a restaurant, and I tried to tip. The waitress said that's not necessary and was actually offended that I tried to tip her like she's a stripper or something.

When are you guys going to unplug yourself from this American matrix? As much as I'm not keen of most Black Americans, I feel that at least they got the memo that tipping is funding and filling a void to that industry that refuses to pay their workers more an hour.

But what you guys have failed to bring up is that Benny the Irish PolyGlot (not Black, Negro, nor African!) ALSO loathes the concept of tipping but does it out of respect anyway (ok so your argument will be that he still tips....but he has a problem with it also!).

Don't you guys feel it's damn near insulting now to be forced to pay a delivery fee (which used to be known as "voluntary tipping" but now it's known as "compulsory tipping") and then they have the AUDACITY to ask for a tip when the delivery fee should compensate for that? I don't care that gas has gone up. Gas has always been pricey in Canada and they didn't do sneaky "delivery fees" like corporations in the US of Gay are doing now!!

This post will fall on "deaf" fingertips once again. At least I know the half of what's transpiring!


In a culture where tipping is expected, it's not cool to not tip. When you eat at a restaurant, you tip. That's what you do. You don't question it, you just do it. It's what cool people do. There's no logic to it and there's not supposed to be logic to it, but it's something that if you do it, you're cool, and if you don't, you're not cool. When you eat at a restaurant, just give your server a damn tip. That's all there is to it.


Hi. Which languages do you speak aside from English?


Spanish.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm







Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:51 am

Ghost wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:See. You guys are here complaining, and that still demonstrates that you guys an integral part of the American matrix. Don't you guys realize that when traveling outside of the U.S. of Gay that tipping is not expected and even sometimes it's frowned upon?? The only countries that expect "tipping" are stupid American males whom tip these strippers/w.hores they trick money on in "third-world" countries alas their newly-accrued level-of-entitlement.

I was in Australia in 2007 at a restaurant, and I tried to tip. The waitress said that's not necessary and was actually offended that I tried to tip her like she's a stripper or something.

When are you guys going to unplug yourself from this American matrix? As much as I'm not keen of most Black Americans, I feel that at least they got the memo that tipping is funding and filling a void to that industry that refuses to pay their workers more an hour.

But what you guys have failed to bring up is that Benny the Irish PolyGlot (not Black, Negro, nor African!) ALSO loathes the concept of tipping but does it out of respect anyway (ok so your argument will be that he still tips....but he has a problem with it also!).

Don't you guys feel it's damn near insulting now to be forced to pay a delivery fee (which used to be known as "voluntary tipping" but now it's known as "compulsory tipping") and then they have the AUDACITY to ask for a tip when the delivery fee should compensate for that? I don't care that gas has gone up. Gas has always been pricey in Canada and they didn't do sneaky "delivery fees" like corporations in the US of Gay are doing now!!

This post will fall on "deaf" fingertips once again. At least I know the half of what's transpiring!


Something tells me if this thread had been titled "Is it true white people don't tip?" then you wouldn't have posted. ;)

Anyway, I do agree that tipping should be abolished and that restaurants need to pay servers normal wages. Don't know why anyone thought a tipping system was a good idea. But then, I imagine a lot of servers like the system as well. They can make a lot more making way under minimum wage with tips than they can just making minimum wage or slightly higher. Wal-Mart workers have protested for higher wages, but I don't recall servers doing the same. Hmm.


Wrong, a.ssmate. You must think that I am a "cry wolf" when it applies to Black Americans, but to non-Blacks, it's laissez-faire for me. I have defended White people on different occasions;Asians on different occasions. I defend White American music a lot too, but you purposely missed those memos.

The moniker actually suits you; you evade and return attempting to kill with stabs and blows. You hit and miss with good posts sometimes, but when you become grandiose, you render such a miss.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:54 am

Johnny1975 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:See. You guys are here complaining, and that still demonstrates that you guys an integral part of the American matrix. Don't you guys realize that when traveling outside of the U.S. of Gay that tipping is not expected and even sometimes it's frowned upon?? The only countries that expect "tipping" are stupid American males whom tip these strippers/w.hores they trick money on in "third-world" countries alas their newly-accrued level-of-entitlement.

I was in Australia in 2007 at a restaurant, and I tried to tip. The waitress said that's not necessary and was actually offended that I tried to tip her like she's a stripper or something.

When are you guys going to unplug yourself from this American matrix? As much as I'm not keen of most Black Americans, I feel that at least they got the memo that tipping is funding and filling a void to that industry that refuses to pay their workers more an hour.

But what you guys have failed to bring up is that Benny the Irish PolyGlot (not Black, Negro, nor African!) ALSO loathes the concept of tipping but does it out of respect anyway (ok so your argument will be that he still tips....but he has a problem with it also!).

Don't you guys feel it's damn near insulting now to be forced to pay a delivery fee (which used to be known as "voluntary tipping" but now it's known as "compulsory tipping") and then they have the AUDACITY to ask for a tip when the delivery fee should compensate for that? I don't care that gas has gone up. Gas has always been pricey in Canada and they didn't do sneaky "delivery fees" like corporations in the US of Gay are doing now!!

This post will fall on "deaf" fingertips once again. At least I know the half of what's transpiring!


In a culture where tipping is expected, it's not cool to not tip. When you eat at a restaurant, you tip. That's what you do. You don't question it, you just do it. It's what cool people do. There's no logic to it and there's not supposed to be logic to it, but it's something that if you do it, you're cool, and if you don't, you're not cool. When you eat at a restaurant, just give your server a damn tip. That's all there is to it.


Hi. Which languages do you speak aside from English?


Spanish.


Que bueno. Why is it that you know another language, yet you are myopic-minded? I totally demystified my disposition on tipping, and you, in turn, spew at me this grandiose arrogance of "because that's what Johnny1975". Is your real name Jason Black? Why are you hiding behind an ego?
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:00 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:See. You guys are here complaining, and that still demonstrates that you guys an integral part of the American matrix. Don't you guys realize that when traveling outside of the U.S. of Gay that tipping is not expected and even sometimes it's frowned upon?? The only countries that expect "tipping" are stupid American males whom tip these strippers/w.hores they trick money on in "third-world" countries alas their newly-accrued level-of-entitlement.

Exactly right. Tipping is cultural. Some cultures tip, some do not. Germans and Canadians often to not tip either.

I will say the reason SOME blacks to not tip is because they have never been taught that it is almost obligatory. Sure, they might read the "tip" line on the bill, but they do not realize it is obligatory.

My father taught me as a child that I did not want to tip I should not go out to dinner. Most young blacks today are virtually unreared and untaught in social mores outside of their particular local communities.


Yah, man. The stigma is very very high when it comes to Black Americans; I see that. Wouldn't you agree that if the majority of Black Americans were to comport themselves well and excel in academia, especially the sciences, that them refusing to tip would be more justified due to how superfluous tipping in America is?
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:12 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:05 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:See. You guys are here complaining, and that still demonstrates that you guys an integral part of the American matrix. Don't you guys realize that when traveling outside of the U.S. of Gay that tipping is not expected and even sometimes it's frowned upon?? The only countries that expect "tipping" are stupid American males whom tip these strippers/w.hores they trick money on in "third-world" countries alas their newly-accrued level-of-entitlement.

I was in Australia in 2007 at a restaurant, and I tried to tip. The waitress said that's not necessary and was actually offended that I tried to tip her like she's a stripper or something.

When are you guys going to unplug yourself from this American matrix? As much as I'm not keen of most Black Americans, I feel that at least they got the memo that tipping is funding and filling a void to that industry that refuses to pay their workers more an hour.

But what you guys have failed to bring up is that Benny the Irish PolyGlot (not Black, Negro, nor African!) ALSO loathes the concept of tipping but does it out of respect anyway (ok so your argument will be that he still tips....but he has a problem with it also!).

Don't you guys feel it's damn near insulting now to be forced to pay a delivery fee (which used to be known as "voluntary tipping" but now it's known as "compulsory tipping") and then they have the AUDACITY to ask for a tip when the delivery fee should compensate for that? I don't care that gas has gone up. Gas has always been pricey in Canada and they didn't do sneaky "delivery fees" like corporations in the US of Gay are doing now!!

This post will fall on "deaf" fingertips once again. At least I know the half of what's transpiring!


In a culture where tipping is expected, it's not cool to not tip. When you eat at a restaurant, you tip. That's what you do. You don't question it, you just do it. It's what cool people do. There's no logic to it and there's not supposed to be logic to it, but it's something that if you do it, you're cool, and if you don't, you're not cool. When you eat at a restaurant, just give your server a damn tip. That's all there is to it.


Hi. Which languages do you speak aside from English?


Spanish.


Que bueno. Why is it that you know another language, yet you are myopic-minded? I totally demystified my disposition on tipping, and you, in turn, spew at me this grandiose arrogance of "because that's what Johnny1975". Is your real name Jason Black? Why are you hiding behind an ego?


It would have been a timesaver if you'd just made your point in the first place, instead of asking what languages I speak.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby Franco » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Black people play the race card and claim victimization of white oppression. This alienates and annoys most white people who are tired of being blamed or to made feel guilty for slavery. African-Americans do have a legit grievance of the systemic racism against them through the courts and police abuse. Crack cocaine destroyed black communities. Blacks feel marginalized and angry with every dead black child shot by a white officer.

The only path to healing is to come together in peace and unity. Violence will beget more violence. Have love in your hearts.
Life is beautiful.
Franco
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:56 pm
Location: Cebu, Philippines

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:29 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby KokujinKrusader » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:49 am

I tip if the servers deserve it, but I've been eating out less so it's irrelevant.

Funny thing is, Asians often don't expect tips until they come to the States, and on a related note given the nature of this thread, I saw more Chinese digging into friend chicken and watermelon than Blacks. Oh well, that's that inverse halo effect in action.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:53 am
Location: East Asia and California

Postby Cornfed » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:15 am

Of course black "people" are not going to pay for something when the consequences of not doing so are not jiggling on the end of taser prongs or whatever. It is like asking whether chainsaw-wielding homicidal maniacs really don't spend their weekends collecting for the Red Cross.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Ghost » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Is it really true that black people don't tip?

Postby suprmon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:03 am

It's not because blacks are stingy! It's because since the end is slavery, blacks have never made enough money to really be generous! The pay for blacks has been so considerably low compared to most other people it's compelled them to be more concerned with more survival issues like paying the rent, putting food on the table and paying other bills. After tending to those things there's really not much if anything that's left!
suprmon
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 am

Re: Is it really true that black people don't tip?

Postby TheTeacherWhoHatesLies » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:22 am

suprmon wrote:It's not because blacks are stingy! It's because since the end is slavery, blacks have never made enough money to really be generous! The pay for blacks has been so considerably low compared to most other people it's compelled them to be more concerned with more survival issues like paying the rent, putting food on the table and paying other bills. After tending to those things there's really not much if anything that's left!


You've got to be joking. Are blacks really this pathetic? After 50 years since the Civil Rights Movement, and a black in the White House, wouldn't they have moved on up by now?
TheTeacherWhoHatesLies
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:20 am

Re: Is it really true that black people don't tip?

Postby suprmon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Dude, you're going by what the media tells you! You're not in the front lines, so you don't know the real story! Countless governmental, academic, media statistics and research has shown that blacks have made considerably less than whites since slavery times. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics this what they have to say:

More than half of all blacks, 15 years old or over and working full-time, earned under $35,000 in 2008. Only 35% of white workers earned less than that. On the other hand, 10.8% of all white workers made more than $100,000 a year, the highest income category in the Census report. That compared with just 3.3% of blacks earning six-figure salaries.

Is the improvement affirmative action and civil rights legislation your talking about? That's not progress to me as it has done nothing to improve the plight of African Americans. TPTB like to tout how affirmative action, civil rights and all these other protectionist laws are benefiting blacks to the point where they're making leaps and bounds, but nothing could be further from the truth!! It just a smoke screen put out by the elites and their flunkie "black sellouts" to make everyone think everything is just fine in the black community.

Yes, they are "PATHETIC", but not of their own choice!
suprmon
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 am

Re: Is it really true that black people don't tip?

Postby suprmon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Oh, and by the way; just because america has a black, er, I mean a "half black" president, doesn't mean he's African American's "Messiah" has arrived! Statistics have shown blacks have worse off than before Obama was elected!
suprmon
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests